[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Paranormal interests attract the gullible, uneducated, and bored

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 124
Thread images: 21

File: 1492760579261.jpg (135KB, 400x399px) Image search: [Google]
1492760579261.jpg
135KB, 400x399px
Paranormal interests attract the gullible, uneducated, and bored mind. You know it to be true... Look around you. Does anyone here ever think about their beliefs rationally, or consider the fact that documentation doesn't exist for a reason?
>>
>>19048846
We get it, we're bored, gullible and uneducated.

Leave now please?
>>
File: TheDarkApoth4.jpg (383KB, 1326x854px) Image search: [Google]
TheDarkApoth4.jpg
383KB, 1326x854px
>>19048846
>Paranormal interests attract the gullible, uneducated, and bored mind. You know it to be true... Look around you. Does anyone here ever think about their beliefs rationally, or consider the fact that documentation doesn't exist for a reason?

Sure, too many people have a vested interest in being frauds, fools, and liars.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDJsPRD1hjc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJzg6W2f7Ng
>>
File: Image1.png (93KB, 250x249px) Image search: [Google]
Image1.png
93KB, 250x249px
>>19048856
>>
There is nothing more boring that rationality. The moment you drop it life becomes way more interesting. If you're comfortable in your reality that's okay though.
>>
File: 17737washingtonC.jpg (36KB, 550x326px) Image search: [Google]
17737washingtonC.jpg
36KB, 550x326px
>>19048846
You know less than what you might think.
>>
have you ever tried practicing the occult? you might feel differently if you actually tried things before you write them off
>>
>>19048846
>If I ignore all the evidence there's no evidence.
>Bringing the thousandth iteration of this tired old shitpost on /x/
wew lad
>>
File: 1452981911844.png (70KB, 169x169px) Image search: [Google]
1452981911844.png
70KB, 169x169px
>>19048872
>not recognizing the stunning nature of reality
>makes up stories because he cant comprehend even a small piece of the infinitely complex clockwork that is the cosmos

Jesus christ. When you die you will have no knowledge beyond your own fantasy and the most beautiful and intricate machine you will have ever had the opportunity to gaze upon will have slipped through your fingers.

Through no lens but rationality will you see the world for what it is.
>>
>>19048891
""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""evidence""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
>>
>>19049624
Brilliant comeback. I truly will never recover.
>>
>>19049629
>muh blurry dot that only I saw
>Aliums!
>muh found $20 in my dresser a week after burning a money sigil
>no I wont do it for you again
>muh spirits that I (feel), I must be special and you must not be
>muh visions
>muh (all this bullshit that cannot be detected by a single scientific instrument or recreated in a scientific setting)

Seriously don't know how you will recover but you always do. Maybe you should try rationality this time before you waste your whole life on nonsense?
>>
>>19049668
>I choose to ignore all the scientific tests because they don't suit my shitposting narrative.
>It's all nonsense because I'm literally too retarded to research anything for myself.
Wow, it's almost like you don't know what you're talking about, how crazy is that?

inb4 "Well prove it to me then, but only in the exact way that I define proof."
>>
File: 1443408090164.jpg (11KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1443408090164.jpg
11KB, 225x225px
>>19049688
Alright, choose a paranormal subject and show me one scientific test backing it up that has not been debunked.

I certainly can't find any because if you could do this, it wouldnt be paranormal, it would be science. simply calling something proof doesnt make it proof. The scientific method isnt some arbitrary rule set. If its real, it can be backed up by the scientific method, thats the whole point of the scientific method.

Can it be recreated (so we are sure it actually happened)?
What could have caused it and how will we know if we are right?
Can we make an experiment using things we already know about to prove the phenomena behaves the way it appears to be behaving?
etc.

>At the heart of science is an essential balance between two seemingly contradictory attitudes—an openness to new ideas, no matter how bizarre or counterintuitive they may be, and the most ruthless skeptical scrutiny of all ideas, old and new. This is how deep truths are winnowed from deep nonsense.
-Carl Sagan

>inb4 "Well prove it to me then, but only in the exact way that I define proof."
If theres no consensus on the definition of proof, proof is pointless. But Im open to radical ideas, just not stupid ones. "I felt it one night" isnt proof. You may have felt it, hard to prove, but is it a ghost or just a psychological phenomena created by sleep paralysis? We can prove the latter for many cases but not the former. Hmmmmmmm.
>>
>>19048891
I'd like to see some of this evidence that you believe.
>>
>>19048846
People here literally believe whatever they think sounds interesting.

I once made a thread roleplaying as a magick user and I had three faggots eating right out of my hand. It's too easy.
>>
File: 1448913932934.jpg (7KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
1448913932934.jpg
7KB, 184x184px
>>19049786
Oh god this is too good. Why do I come back here? Ive been here almost 10 years and stopped believing any of it in the first six months because this place demonstrated why so much of this shit is stupid in utter clarity.
>>
>>19049821
i enjoy coming here in a purely escapist "what if" devil's advocate (no pun intended) kind of way. It's very tempting to believe though, not because i have any sort of evidence, but because that very mystic escapism could technically become reality for me if i just allow myself to be dumb.
>>
>>19049754
>>19049774

>All of the parapsychology experiments done by the CIA during the cold war, which are all on PDF form on the official website.
>Global Consciousness Project and all related docs.
>Dynamo Jack Chang
>The shit ton of Ghost phenomena captured by teams that actually do more then go "Oh I feel a presence here!" UV footage, Electromagnetic anomalies, thermal anomalies, EVPs.
>USOs, which unlike UFOs have no "Well it might be a comet or swap gas or something" cop-out.

Two others that I can't for the life of me remember the names of at the moment.
>Neurosurgeon from the EU that was so surprised by the accuracy of OBEs that his subjects reported that he founded a group to record and catalog them.
>Test done on precognition a few years back that showed the human brain reacts to randomized stimulus roughly 5 seconds before it occurs, and prolonged testing showed the range steadily increase to up to 30 seconds.
>>
>>19049859
Anon, i know youre trying hard to argue with them. But the kinda fuckers you are arguing with dont want to listen. In fact they are quite possibly being PAID to NOT listen and just counter anything you post.

Shills gonna shill fellow /x/phile
>>
>>19049821
Clearly, you come here to laugh at people you consider beneath you. Whether you're wrong to or not is a moral question I'm not qualified to preach on.
>>
>>19049910
I'm giving that one anon a chance though. Lots of people have the mindset of "Nah that's all BS" until they see something that makes them reconsider it.
>>
>>19049859
>All of the parapsychology experiments done by the CIA during the cold war
All of this stuff failed to bring results and were discontinued (including psychedelics interestingly enough thats the one I thought had the most potential). In fact MKULTRA and the likes are the best examples of paranormal phenomenon being disproven. They were desperate to try anything in the cold war but ultimately had zero tangible results. Cool stuff anyway, though unethical as hell.

>Global Consciousness Project and all related docs.
Cant ignore the criticisms such as selection bias, the inability to measure 'global conscious events' and the fact that there is no evidence of global consciousness beyond the network of communication and apparently these tests. Though I concede that we also dont know shit about quantum physics really or where those numbers actually come from. While Occam's Razor would say dont bet on it I wouldn't say its disproven, but certainly not proven.
>Dynamo Jack Chang
>Muh secret practice cant tell anyone.
>Muh testimonies from camera crew proves it
Couldnt even heal his brother with the eye problem, plus there are plenty of videos of people faking the same trick.

>The shit ton of Ghost phenomena captured by teams that actually do more then go "Oh I feel a presence here!" UV footage, Electromagnetic anomalies, thermal anomalies, EVPs.
Occasionally real phenomena plus a lot of hoaxes, but still nowhere near proof that spirits are entering our plane of existence or whatever. For example one person might listen to a special recording of random noise and think they heard 'get out'. in the video they subtitle it so now you hear it to, though without it, and without someone telling you, it sounds nothing like it. Evidence of a psychological phenomena, not ghosts. Again, Occams Razor will take you far.

>USOs
Definitely seen real UFO videos (like that chile one recenty), but how the fuck is that proof of intergalactic aliens and not human tech?
>>
File: 1442354989706.jpg (80KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1442354989706.jpg
80KB, 800x600px
>>19049910
Yes, having an inkling of skepticism means im being paid by Hillary to hide aliens. You caught me goyim, guess Im about to be out of a job.
>>
File: IMG_0184.jpg (28KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0184.jpg
28KB, 250x250px
>>19048846
>enjoy the spoops
>get called uneducated, gullible, or bored

Can't a man just enjoy horror movies, creepy pasta, and spooky conspiracy theories?
>>
>>19049914
Naw, just here for the vibes. I still want to beleib but the truth is most important to me therefore I value logic, rationality, skepticism, etc.

Im here for the same reason as this guy >>19050023
>>
>>19049997
>Zero tangible results
You know Project Stargate did in fact get results, but a the project lead said more or less "It's better to just buy a U2 then to train some asshole to use ESP, which sometimes doesn't work, and then hope he interprets the vision right."
It was less a lack of evidence and more not enough effect for the time and cost.
>>
>>19050011
>Thinking that only CTR used shills when the CIA has done disinfo campaigns for decades.
Not saying I agree with that anon, but shilling is hardly a 2016 idea.
>>
>>19050047
>In 1995, the defense appropriations bill directed that the program be transferred from DIA to CIA oversight. The CIA commissioned a report by American Institutes for Research that found that remote viewing had not been proved to work by a psychic mechanism, and said it had not been used operationally. The CIA subsequently cancelled and declassified the program.

>"Psychologists, such as myself, who study subjective validation find nothing striking or surprising in the reported matching of reports against targets in the Stargate data. The overwhelming amount of data generated by the viewers is vague, general, and way off target. The few apparent hits are just what we would expect if nothing other than reasonable guessing and subjective validation are operating"

>"Other evaluators-two psychologists from AIR assessed the potential intelligence-gathering usefulness of remote viewing. They concluded that the alleged psychic technique was of dubious value and lacked the concreteness and reliability necessary for it to be used as a basis for making decisions or taking action. The final report found “reason to suspect” that in “some well publicised cases of dramatic hits” the remote viewers might have had “substantially more background information” than might otherwise be apparent"
>>
>>19050067
I work for CTR who works for the CIA who works for the jews who work for the greys who work for the demiurge who was unkowingly created by the Aeons.

Catch up goyim.
>>
You like meteors or comets or asteroids flying in the skies??? rogue planets and blackholes spiraling through the universe on a collision course with...
>>
>>19048846

>consider the fact that documentation doesn't exist for a reason?

Yeah, that the government feels the need to "protect" us from these paranormal things.
>>
>>19049754
Niggy we don't even know why ice is slippery.

>Also project stargate
>And the Nazi Occultism Experiments
>CIA Remote Viewing
>>
File: 1459462758380.jpg (54KB, 329x297px) Image search: [Google]
1459462758380.jpg
54KB, 329x297px
>>19050145
>we don't even know why ice is slippery
You're right, mus be because aliens from the conspiracy planet use wormhole technology beyond our imagination to hide millions of invisible atomic banana peels on top of ice as a form of interdemensional slapstick ccomedy. Gets me every time.

Why does the government keep hiding this?
>>
>>19048846
When they are some of the most famous or niggas like Tesla about it. People like you are sad and try to make others feel bad to make yourself less sad.
>>
>>19050145
Actually Feynman explains this very thing in a way anyone can understand.
>>
>>19050197
And ptolemy (who offered many great things to astronomy) created astrology and Kepler, believing it to be true, ended up disproving much of the theory because he had better observational equipment despite wanting his sacred geometry (based off of ptolemys theories) to be real. People just have their moments. Luckily with rationalism, logic, and the scientific method, plus a bit of integrity, you can accept the truth.
>>
>>19048846

/x should be renamed Apathy
>>
>>19048846
>noebidences and gullibility

K m8
>>
File: 1456215181621.jpg (17KB, 421x399px) Image search: [Google]
1456215181621.jpg
17KB, 421x399px
>>19048846
>Does anyone here ever think about their beliefs rationally

how boring, you should go back to /sci/ or some other shithole
>>
I am going to divine OP: You were brought up in a christian household, and nothing happened, so you assumed the rest of world practices were the same!

Now that you have been told the embarrasing truth, you may get in line to learn stuff and put into practice.
>>
>>19050221
People dont understand that this type of thing occurs like bouncing a rubber ball in an enclosed spaced marked by a line that the ball will cross the line during catalan numbers, not the work of witches.
>>
>>19048846
Today in 4chan witness a tale of horror.

"His religion was false, so every belief out there had to be fake too".

A relenting tale of unwritten fantasy horror that reminds you of every first world person
>>
>>19050260
>The world is too complex for me to understand
>to try would be boring

For fucks sake read some Sagan or something. The real world is fascinatingly complex and more interesting than any fantasy you could come up with you fucking mook.
>>
>>19050318
they are brainwashed and hooked on romanticism

and look what has become of the English language
>>
File: GHyrzYC.jpg (45KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
GHyrzYC.jpg
45KB, 640x640px
>>19048846
It has already been stated multiple times. We believe in the paranormal because we have experience and "seen" things that are not explicable via any other means.
Many of us have experience things like telepathy, witnessing random flying orbs (which some people think are UFOs), seen ghosts. Christians are being completely honest when they tell you that they talk with Jesus.

One of the most common paranormal experiences is synchronicities, where you experience similar or confirming things. For example certain number patterns (e.g. 9:11 in clocks, videos, or timers) are a kind of synchronicity.

None of these things can be explained through pure physics. None of them can be captured for study in a lab. They are completely real. Experiencing them provides personal proof that the paranormal is real.
>>
>>19048846

It excites the imagination.
>>
File: 1457136212828.gif (842KB, 350x260px) Image search: [Google]
1457136212828.gif
842KB, 350x260px
>>19050373
>Many of us have experience things like telepathy
You definitely havent

>>19050331
pic related
>>
>>19050389

If I went around doing magic all willy nilly, it wouldn't be magic anymore, would it?
>>
>>19050389
I have experienced a large number of paranormal things bro.
Telepathically talking to Jesus is one of them.
>>
>>19050397
It wasnt magic in the first place.

>>19050417
Whats more likely? A cosmic undetectable omnipresent diety who controls the entirety of the universe decided to undetectably have a chat with you in your head in a form that resembles the human form he had 2000 years ago and while at the same time leaving millions to suffer with prayers unanswered or you simply experienced a psychological phenomena that can be recreated in a sane person with just a couple bowls of weed or staying awake too long?

What makes you so fucking special?
>>
>>19050461

>It wasnt magic in the first place.

What do you define as magic?
>>
>>19050461
>Whats more likely?

That god exists but there are atheists.
>>
File: 5b9.png (92KB, 463x469px) Image search: [Google]
5b9.png
92KB, 463x469px
>>
File: 1454958624337.jpg (250KB, 1024x708px) Image search: [Google]
1454958624337.jpg
250KB, 1024x708px
>>19050461
Reminder that drugs are not banned in the 10 commandments.
Jesus drank wine (considered a drug).
>>
File: 1489604680139.png (317KB, 619x593px) Image search: [Google]
1489604680139.png
317KB, 619x593px
>>19050466
To be fair I think things like chaos magick and the likes can have psychological benefits similar to self fulfilling prophecies and placebo. Unfortunately Its delusional to think it is actually supernatural, and if you dont think its supernatural, it doesnt work. Just like placebo but with supernatural abilities instead of medication.

>>19050469
fucking hell. Clearly no use arguing with you you. See you in the afterlife where we are all blind eating sand for eternity because we were both wrong. And fuck your god.
>>
>>19048846
So true, you'd think in an age when everyone carries a camera at all times there'd be more evidence of the paranormal but if anything the inverse is true.
>>
>>19050461
>I've never seen a bear, there are lots of stories about bears and my friend claims to have seen one but I haven't so bears aren't real. My friend probably just saw a dog and got confused.
>>
>>19050481

Ah yes, we all have to be wrong because it is impossible that I have been given gnosis and thus know a gnostic branch is the true one.

I won't be seeing you in hell, I'm already invited someplace better.
>>
>>19050488
Tell us about the place you're invited to. What is it called?
>>
>>19050481

>Unfortunately Its delusional to think it is actually supernatural

But that's precisely my point, where do you start drawing the line.

Just because you haven't experienced it does not mean it has not existed, does not exist, or will not exist.

They're only just starting to unravel the mystery of wave forms.
>>
>>19050497

I'm not sure wheter it's the pleroma or heaven, I would have to learn which god invited me from which gnostic religion.
>>
>>19050504
What do you know about it? What do you think it would be like and what would happen there?
>>
>>19050509

We will laugh at fedoras while they are being constantly tortured by demons who tim their red fedoras at them.
>>
>>19050511
>laughing at people being tortured
sounds worse than hell.

Why would you want to go there?
>>
>>19050486
>bear tracks
>bear hairs
>can find a bear if I go looking for one
>bear bones
>donuts shaped like giant claws called bear claws
>bears in captivity
>fossil records demonstrating the creation of a mammal resembling the collective description of a bear
>ecosystem shows signs of predator population that fits that of a bears

I mean your friend might of seen a dog but there is overwhelming evidence bears exist even if I have never seen one personally

>>19050488
sure man
>>
>>19050518

Why do you assume I would care about it, I'm merely irking you because you are seeking away to talk me out of something I cannot avoid, which is heaven/pleroma, whatever.
>>
>>19050520
>If I went an looked for the evidence I would find it.

There ya go anon.
>>
>>19050522
I'm genuinely interested and not wanting to talk you out of it in any way.
>>
>>19050536

Let's see, during the experience my eyes turned reptile like, so I'm assuming God is draconic, see how the representations of demons are draconic? That's probably how angels look, all very metal.

So we'll probably listen to metal, have sex, enjoy meals, you know...
>>
>>19049754
Can you prove me one thing? I need full explanation of how time works.

Time is a measured by split of atom. It is related to gravity and speed. Yet there is no explanation how time works. Is it a radiation of sort? Where does it come from? Why does time stop in singularity? It's accepted in scientific community but in what frames?
>>
File: 1443747024432.jpg (190KB, 597x604px) Image search: [Google]
1443747024432.jpg
190KB, 597x604px
>>19050534
>implying I haven't
I assume we are talking about magick right? If this is the gnostic god guy its no use.

But Ive been on /x/ for a long time, I wasnt always calling bullshit, blind belief became suspicion, which became non belief when I didnt find answers besides magick doesnt real.

If you want to present actual evidence try this (which has never worked ever):

Do a ritual which will manifest something specific. That thing should be something simple and entirely unique, however the unique part should be provided by a third party.
For example I write down a string of numbers on a piece of paper and hide it under a bowl without showing you. Now all you have to do is magickally tell me those numbers without looking in the bowl. This could be ESP, a summoning ritual, or asking spirits for the numbers or something. Afterwards, do a few more trials, and have a non believer try as a way to ground the whole thing.

You will probably find out that you cant do those things. What you CAN do is burn a sigil as a symbol of raising your self esteem and you might find your esteem raised. This would most likely be a psychological phenomena similar to 'fake it til you make it' self fulfilling prophecies that self help books rave about.
>>
>>19049754
Explain to me how gravity works.

Now explain to me why does it work.
>GRAVITONS! HARD-ON-COLLIDER
well... That still doesn't explain why it works. It's a theory.
>>
>>19050561
>>I will not discuss with the guy who will leave me for the retard I am.
>>
>>19050553
The scientific community only knows it exists because so many things rely on it. Things like space time and the theory of relativity are a bit beyond me but it plays a roll in a lot of equations that are backed up by again more equations etc. etc.
It exists as much as gravity does. The job of science to figure that out, to figure out the truth of it, and not jump to conclusions without solid evidence. If a theory contradicts a stronger theory, it is most likley the theory is wrong, but still take a look at the old theory.

The beauty of science is it is self correcting.
>>
>>19050563
see >>19050570
>>
>>19050570
>The beauty of science

You aren't a scientist, nor does science deny the supernatural.
>>
>>19049910
Well I don't get paid to post here.

>>19049997
You seem to be here just as stubborn as opposing side
>>19050389
You would not know.
>>
>>19050582
The burden of proof lies on those who make the claim as far as science is concerned. When proof has been supplied it becomes science and no longer supernatural. There was a time the sun and stars were supernatural entities that we thought rules all life. Now we have proven they are all stars which are balls of gas with immense gravity.

I don't claim to be a scientist, I just think science is incredibly important and fulfilling as far as truth seeking goes. My understanding of science is pretty basic, but I have taken care to gather the fundamentals.
>>
>>19050561
Key point for why your experiment fails. Clairvoyance is mostly processed in the right side of the brain. Going with numbers is a terrible target to lock onto. Shape, color, texture, those things have a higher success rate.
>>
>>19050598
>The burden of proof

You aren't a scientist, nor are we making science here, nor are we in a courtroom, your weapons serve no purpose here.

Show me an ID that credits you as a scientist or policeman, since you're requesting evidence of me.
>>
>>19050589
Oh come on, I conceded two of those points were not disproven, but it's obvious that not disproven =\= proven.
>>
>>19050599
But also easy to guess. It has to be complex enough that it would not be guessed. How about two uncommon names?
>>
>>19050602
>Wants to talk about truth
>Doesn't want to talk about truth

Whut. Lol what are you on about. I already told you I'm not a scientist. Im just a guy with a basic fundamental understanding of scientific principal questioning your belief. If the truth is what you seek, you have to seek proof. If the truth is not what you seek, live in fantasy.
>>
>>19050620
>I already told you I'm not a scientist.

Neither am I -though I studied sciences-, why are you using science methodology for a topic where science isn't up to date enough other than trolling?
>>
>>19050612
That could work. An object would probably be better, and if you wanted to avoid something easy to guess just go with something obscure but still visually striking.
>>
File: IMG_0290.png (115KB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0290.png
115KB, 1334x750px
>>19048846
>documentation doesn't exist for a reason

https://www.cia.gov/library/readingroom/docs/CIA-RDP96-00789R002600360002-3.pdf
>>
>>19048846
the lack of documentation is the result of things being to dangerous to end up in normies hands

you want some milk toast faggots who think binge watching reruns of friends is a great way to spend the weekend knowing how to do anything cool? does that even sound like a good idea
>>
>>19050635
Uh we were talking about the validity of supernatural claims. Scientific methodology is most certainly relevant.
>>
>>19050645

You waste your time, wait and see.
>>19050674

Here

>>19050645

Science is about to get invalidated, amirite?
>>
>>19049591

alright but why would you bother accruing knowledge?

because you think theres a reason to? there isn't. congrats, you're here on /x/ with the rest of us retards.

because you find it enjoyable? great, other things are enjoyable too.

anyway, theres nothing irrational about magicka.

burning sigils and summoning demons is just a way to create belief. belief is a powerful thing.

jesus believed he was the son of god, come to bring law to the world... or at least he was able to appear as though he had that belief, and it was convincing enough that.. hey, whaddya know, christianity is one of the greatest forces that has ever acted on human development.

norse berserkers believed that fighting was a sacrament, and they were generally more effective than soldiers just in it for the wages.

napoleon believed that he was france's savior, and when he stood in front of the troops who could have summarily executed him, they joined his service.

theres no god, and jesus wasn't his son. theres no wotan, and he certainly didn't give a shit what angry aryans did with their pointy metal sticks. napoleon died in squalor after recanting his sins to the church.

all of these enormous forces were just playing games with irrationality. this is a place where the practice of irrationality is honed. thats what i like about /x/.
>>
>>19050684
I'm not sure what you are trying to tell me? Is the Central Intelligence Agency not a reputable enough source for you?
>>
>>19050697

Its not for fedoras, that's what I'm saying.

Only other fedoras that are negationist are reputable for fedoras.
>>
File: 1495083031537.jpg (67KB, 480x608px) Image search: [Google]
1495083031537.jpg
67KB, 480x608px
>>19048846
>>
>>19050570
Here is the problem: You cling just as hard to your "dogma" as the opposition. You gave as disqualifying answer this"beauty of science" rather than even a guess.

I think """""supernatural""" anons use the same trial and error system scientists use.

Your head is just as thik as superjeausyndromeparanoia
>>19050573
>>
>>19050747
>I think """""supernatural""" anons use the same trial and error system scientists use.

We do, but ultimately they do not care.

In the occult you do not go on blind faith because it can put your butt on for rape.
>>
>>19049591
>infinitely complex clockwork that is the cosmos
clock work requires a watch makers skill. even if said clock work is our universe. one can not have order without intelligence and even Steven Hawking acknowledges this
>>
>>19050747
Me here.
>>19050763
Or serious case of mental institution. Seen that happen wayyyyy too many times. It's very important to implement scientific facts and psychological knowledge when doing ""supernatural"" stuff or magick.
Also I do and believe stuff.
>>
>>19049629
hes right and you are intellectually pathetic
>>
>>19050792
>mental institution

Sure m8

The science without evidence should be considered.

You know, the one without evidence.

The one used as an inquisitorial movement against the supernatural.

Yep, you're so believable.
>>
>>19050318
>muh ebic science :DDD balr sagam :D
not even /sci/ deserves you, go back to r.eddit
>>
>>19050694
you give /x/ too much credit, but word
>>
>>19048846
You sound like you might be uneducated on the subject, OP. The paranormal has more literature and documentation than you could study in a lifetime. Even more lifetimes if you're lumping the occult in with the paranormal.

My opinion is that the paranormal can attract damaged people and damage them further but a lot of things are like that. My personal paranormal beliefs have served me thus far and when they stop being useful they'll be discarded.
>>
>>19050775
>one can not have order without intelligence
If life can be created from amino-acid soup than I doubt there need to be a intelligent maker. The universe is one big ass mystery and we won't know the truth in our lifetime. Do we really need to make falsehoods to get by?
>>
>>19050932
>The paranormal has more literature and documentation than you could study in a lifetime.
There is also more fictional literature than one can read in a lifetime; does that mean that Harry Potter is a retelling of true events?
People have a knack of making shit up as a means of coping and spicing up their lives. If it can't be reproduced or measured it has to be called out as bullshit.
The reason people are vigilant and actively combat mysticism and metaphysical ideas is due to the fact that it had so much sway without having to prove itself.

Honestly think about it, how many people have been slaughtered and conquered in the name of religion. Putting existence and the maintenance of society in the hands of
good story tellers is dangerous and not entirely productive. Science and the scientific method has brought us the technology and prosperity. It may have brought the A-Bomb with it but all it all it has done more for humanity than any religion could.
>>
>>19048846
On the contrary, I think entertaining thoughts and beliefs without always accepting them is sign of a quite educated and open mind.
>>
>>19050553
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtkGtXtDlQA

You can thank me later.
>>
>>19048846
>bored mind

Yeah. I'm bored, and reading spoopy shit entertains me, so why don't you fuck off instead of ruining what is fun for me when I can't sleep?

Seriously you're the kind of jackass that tells kids there's no santa clause
>>
Which is more foolish? People who follow theories without question, or people who believe in folklore without question? The only way to truely judge is to not have a side. Which you sir, obivously have a side.
And if you cant figure out what i mean by that. Just consider this, every scientific fact has at one point been just a crazy theory. Could the same not be said for this?
>>
>>19050962
Have you actually read any of the scientific data related to the paranormal? Targ and Puthoff? Rhine?

You seem to be referring more to religion when you speak of the paranormal. I don't aim to dispute your materialistic worldview but please don't lump ESP studies with mythology.
>>
>>19050212
Ayy
Now I feel stupid
But thanks for the info Anon
>>
>>19050962
>ignoring the point this hard
>>
>>19049786

I do this shit all the time to be honest. I'm heavily skeptical of the paranormal, but I have an honest interest in it too. If you're well versed enough in any given area of the paranormal, you can basically just make up whatever shit you like and everyone here will believe you. It really just compounds my skepticism when the only people who actually believe in this stuff are so ready and willing to eat up any lies you feed them as long as they're the right 'flavour'.
>>
>>19051297
The sides are not equal friend. You wanna know exactly why a scientific theory is considered correct? You can research every single thing that lead to it. That's sciences whole thing. There are no baseless claims, it requires no faith. Only the ignorant think both sides are equal because they understand science as much as they understand folklore.
>>
>>19051680
>Anon confuses the scientific theory with the scientific community.
>Anon seems to disregard the cult like behavior of said community and thinks them unfailable.
>>
>>19052412
Peer review is pretty damn effective. Mistakes are made on occasion, but it is a valid system.
>>
>>19048846
It's called a hobby nigger.
I don't come to your parent's house every day and tell you how much money you waste on that train set.
>>
My friends don't even bother with the redditors and fedorafags. Their only purpose is to spout of inane chidish insults, and talk about how "THE SUPERNATURAL CANNOT EXIST BECAUSE MUH SCIENCE!!!!011". Trying to have discourse with them is an exercise in futility.
>>
>>19052624
Redditors believe in more than 2 genders and that there is no such thing as race yet they will say with pride that the paranormal can't exist. I have no idea why they come to shit this board up, "muh science ure all dumb lol epic neil degrasse tyson" redditors are just as bad as LARPers and schizoposters.
>>
>>19050182
For all we know, that could be the reason. Literally nobody actually knows
>>
>>19053115
/x/ in a nutshell
>>
File: 1494451023534.gif (230KB, 220x165px) Image search: [Google]
1494451023534.gif
230KB, 220x165px
>>19050023
I reckon most people come here to get their spoop on to be honest. Movies and such just aren't doing the job anymore.
>>
>>19048846
Did you really fuse frodo and Constanta? It's the antichrist. He look Guys. Another pedo pissed about pizzagate.
>>
>>19055890
We don't have evidence. They might start threatening mods again.
Thread posts: 124
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.