[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are neo-pagans just larping? I'm really fascinated by the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 14

Are neo-pagans just larping? I'm really fascinated by the idea of returning to my ancient ancestor's spirtual practices but pagan theology just doesn't seem at all compelling to me. Christianity is literally for sand people but its theology is way more intriguing and its themes and messages resonate harder. Is this only because my true germanic spirit has been supressed by thousands of years of Christian invasion into Europe? What would happen if europeans reclaimed their spiritual heritage?
>>
I don't think they're larping any more or less than other religious folk are.
>>
File: TheDarkApoth4.jpg (383KB, 1326x854px) Image search: [Google]
TheDarkApoth4.jpg
383KB, 1326x854px
>>19045272
>pagan theology just doesn't seem at all compelling to me. Christianity is literally for sand people but its theology is way more intriguing and its themes and messages resonate harder.

Real Christianity is pagan - the gospels are not Mosaic documents. Pagan theology doesn't have all the hocus pocus of the Jewish book - but at least it's actually theology. Moses is the theological equivalent of the bubonic plague.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBqGOdx0tiQ
>>
File: JS_German.jpg (21KB, 300x383px) Image search: [Google]
JS_German.jpg
21KB, 300x383px
>>19045272
OP, ignore this autist, he's a schizo>>19045292
I'll explain it to you OP. Paganism is our blood religion. It is in our soil. Go to a forest somewhere in your pagan homeland, go to an old, old tree in the wilderness and meditate under it. You will meet the gods.

Woden "hung himself" (meditated) under a yggdrasil for 9 days and learnt magic. you will learn or meet something interesting, friend.

Hail Woden!
>>
>>19045272
You have been brainwashed into believing that the pagan ways was a certain way.
I'm gonna use asatru in this example

What were taught that the ancient nords believed:
>theres a bunch of happy gods in the clouds like the fucking hercules disney movie
>all of them have different tasks that they do every day
>if you die in battle you get to valhalla and dine/wage war together with the gods forever
>they believed in magic and sorcery
>they were barbaric and ape-like with no intelligence or honor to speak of

This sounds ridiculous, right? Like a fucking fairy tale. And thats exactly what the christians want it to sound like.

I recommend reading pic related and his other book about the same topic.
Not even memeing.
As a scandinavian it was eye opening how much more sense what Varg is saying made than what we've been told to believe about our ancestors.
>>
File: 41RBO-uYnOL._UY250_.jpg (8KB, 157x250px) Image search: [Google]
41RBO-uYnOL._UY250_.jpg
8KB, 157x250px
>>19045997
The stories and folktales related to asatru are simply ways of explaining how the world works.

>In many of the tales, Thor is chasing Loke, but of course never catching up.
Thor is thunder, Loke is lightning.

>Ragnarok/"The end of time"
New Years eve.

>Eternal life for those who dies with honor
Your children are you. They have your blood, they are you.

etc etc
>>
>>19045272
well the "theology" of pagan beliefs is ultimately unimportant to the practice.

many gods, that are all part of one god, or one god that rules the many gods.

either way they get to the same point.

pagan practices are very nature focused. they see divinity in everything from the rocks and trees to each other and their homes. God is everywhere in pagan belief. the very processes of life are divine and spiritual in nature. they do their rituals by the cycles of the sun and the moon and the stars.

true paganism is about being involved and part of nature and in having a connection to nature one experiences being part of god/source/the One/etc and understanding of life.
>>
File: weighheart2.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
weighheart2.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>19045415
>OP, ignore this autist, he's a schizo

No, I'm a theologian. Maybe a little "autistic" but usually autism implies mental disability. I'm quite above average intellectually.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDJsPRD1hjc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFD_WVKZ1dA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdGZilkhXvY
>>
>>19045272
>Christianity is literally for sand people but its theology is way more intriguing and its themes and messages resonate harder. Is this only because my true germanic spirit has been supressed by thousands of years of Christian invasion into Europe?

First off, Christianity isn't what is invading Europe and raping your men and women you utter mong. Get that thought out of your head. Second off, the Pagan belief system as it is today is little more than a meme religion that takes from pretty much every other religion known that isn't Christianity. Take away even one of the multitude of beliefs that have been converted for use in Paganism, and the entire thing collapses. If you want to worship the gods of your ancestors that's perfectly fine, I even encourage it. Just don't identify as a Pagan and start putting all the blame on Christianity.
>>
File: TheImperialCult2.png (1MB, 1033x652px) Image search: [Google]
TheImperialCult2.png
1MB, 1033x652px
>>19048115
>First off, Christianity isn't what is invading Europe and raping your men and women you utter mong.

Christianity as it is is mostly a fraud. The gospels don't belong with pro-Moses documents.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sD5XRZBm13w
>>
File: e58[1].jpg (8KB, 276x183px) Image search: [Google]
e58[1].jpg
8KB, 276x183px
>>19048371
>Christianity as it is is mostly a fraud.

Opinion immediately discarded. How many threads have you shilled in since morning?
>>
>>19045272
>thousands of years

its not even been 500 years since the Middle Ages ended.
>>
>>19045415
>(meditated) under a yggdrasil
Isn't this like saying someone meditated under a Tree of Life? By that I mean, allegory representing one studying the ancient knowledge dilligently?
>>
>>19048115
>First off, Christianity isn't what is invading Europe and raping your men and women
It did that to the "pagans" hundreds of years ago. Hence this thread.
>>
>>19048115
But Christianity did invade Europe in the past. Pagans didn't exactly flock to Christianity willingly in a lot of cases. Also Catholicism seems like a bastard religion just to comprimise with the indigenous european faith.
>>
File: 02[1].jpg (389KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
02[1].jpg
389KB, 800x600px
>>19048418
>>19048453
It was either Christianity, or you would have been consumed by Islam. At least with Christianity you can go about with your meme ideology without being prosecuted as long as you don't go sperging about it. But with Islam your entire culture would have been destroyed in the name of Allah, everything about you erased from the face of the world. So stop acting like such self-entitled little brats for one moment, and realize that things could have gone MUCH worse.
>>
File: moses5.png (1MB, 1280x773px) Image search: [Google]
moses5.png
1MB, 1280x773px
>>19048398
>Opinion immediately discarded.

"Fear of the lord is the foundation of true knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline." - Proverbs 1:7

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBqGOdx0tiQ
>>
>>19048495
>le out could have been worse man
Gets my sides every time
>>
>>19048495
But Catholics invented Islam. Muzzies were technically Christian in the beginning. The Pope wanted a proxy army for him to conquer rival Christian factions in North Africa. So the Vatican armed and funded Mohammads armies. Eventually arabs decided that europeans are also infidel then turned on the catholics so now jihad is tied into the islamic mentality.
>>
File: columbine.png (197KB, 649x804px) Image search: [Google]
columbine.png
197KB, 649x804px
>>19048495
>At least with Christianity you can go about with your meme ideology without being prosecuted as long as you don't go sperging about it.

But most of the Bible is a fraud - false prophets. Moses is a proven fraud just like Jesus said he was 2000 years ago. You're a God-damned fool to follow these phony huckster "theologians" and their proven fraud burning bush.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7x-L2W2Aa8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsZFELuo5io
>>
File: 7nPIzZg[2].jpg (22KB, 375x305px) Image search: [Google]
7nPIzZg[2].jpg
22KB, 375x305px
>>19048658
>Gets my sides every time

Seems that you prefer having your sons and daughters raped and murdered by rapid Muslims Sven. Completely unsurprised considering your "culture"
>>
>>19048718
>But Catholics invented Islam.
>Unironically believes this

Oh boy. Here we go.

>Muzzies were technically Christian in the beginning.

Hahaha, no. The moment they started to venerate Muhammad over "Kiddy fucker" over Christ, they were as Christian as a child-eating Satanist.

>The Pope wanted a proxy army for him to conquer rival Christian factions in North Africa.

This is so wrong that I cannot even fathom how someone can be this stupid. Truly 4chan has become Reddit 2.0.

>So the Vatican armed and funded Mohammads armies.

This is also wrong, and thus I shall not dignify it with a proper response.

>Eventually arabs decided that europeans are also infidel then turned on the catholics so now jihad is tied into the islamic mentality.

And thus you have proven you have absolutely no knowledge of history, and are effectively on the same level as a Redditor when it comes to philosophical knowledge. Congratulations Anon.
>>
>>19048823
http://revelation12.ca/?p=1992
I think this is where I originally read that version of events
>>
>>19048793
Are you even a real person?
>>
>>19048049
If you were "above average intellectually" you would understand that you're not getting through to anyone.
>>
>>19048823
>kikes still pushing this nazi shit to snare naive goyim
I feel sorry for you punks.
>>
>>19045279
Well shit, there goes my response.
>>
>>19048495
>"I know you just lost both your legs, but think about it, you could have lost your legs and gotten cancer! Stop whining about just the legs, you pussy"
>>
>>19045292
>Real Christianity is pagan

The very word pagan itself is an insult, in some parts of Europe pagani for example which as I understand originally referred to believers of the original religions today means rotten and or bad.
>>
>>19045272
>its theology is way more intriguing and its themes and messages resonate harder

So you're a masochist?

>I am the sir
>I made you a sinner
>your destiny was to sin
>so I could punish you!
>>
>>19050764
The way I've heard it was that it was used similar to how we would use redneck or hillbilly since during Roman times when the word originated the last people who held out from converting to Christianity were the more rural people
>>
File: 000000.jpg (89KB, 800x782px) Image search: [Google]
000000.jpg
89KB, 800x782px
>>19048049
no, you're actually schizophrenic. kys.
>>19048406
exactly. he mediatated, having a near death experience (he could also have taken psychdelics) and met with the tree of life.

The tree of life can also represent the brain.

Notice how the brain cut in half can also look similar to a tree. This use of the "tree of life" can also mean consciousness.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.