[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it actually possible to trick your brain into creating a tulpa

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 8

File: eqCeRhy.png (51KB, 384x313px) Image search: [Google]
eqCeRhy.png
51KB, 384x313px
Is it actually possible to trick your brain into creating a tulpa or is it all just larping?
>>
>>19041636
Personally im not sure but if people can trick their brains into believing the earth is flat then anything is possible.
>>
>>19041636
I tried it once and I think it's real. I stopped because possible effects she could have on whatever is left of my social life scared me. I didn't wanted to become that weirdo with made up waifu, although I must admit, it was really nice while it lasted. You'd be surprised just how real you can make it.
[spoiler]They never quite leave, sometimes when I lie alone in bed I can still feel her, or even hear her talking. She's not even mad I stopped, just dissapointed.[/spoiler]
>>
>>19041636
What'll really boil your noodles is if you ever realize that every day life is a LARP.

Then the tulpas come easier after that.
>>
>>19041654
so how long did it take until it yield results for you?
>>
>>19041636

I have two separate personal reasons to believe that the logic behind it at least makes a slight amount of sense.

First of all, as a pathetic individual, I often spend time taking to strangers on the internet using fake personalities and backstories. I'd taken to using one personality after a while. It was a female one. But it really wasn't a sexual thing. It was mostly just to get people to stay long enough to talk. After a while, as the personality got more fleshed out, I found it was forming opinions dramatically different from my own. Even more interestingly, it was doing this as gut reactions. I don't use the personality any more, but I still find myself discussing things with it sometimes. Or her. I suppose I should be respectful.

On a similar side of things, I also play many structured RPGs such as DnD. Some of the characters I use more often have that same sort of gut reaction that doesn't necessarily fit my own gut reaction thing to them when I play them. Some of them, I can even kind of think things out as them.

I wouldn't call any of these things a full on tulpa. But, if I tried harder, maybe it would happen. I at least see the logic behind it. Really, it's sort of like profound empathy for a person that doesn't exist.
>>
>>19041657
True shit
>>
File: 1495404113518.png (3MB, 3559x9666px) Image search: [Google]
1495404113518.png
3MB, 3559x9666px
>>19041636
It is possible, but here's a remainder of why it's the worst idea you can have.
>>
File: fup2eh.png (41KB, 1034x607px) Image search: [Google]
fup2eh.png
41KB, 1034x607px
>>
>>19041668
A month or so.
>>
>>19041703
>the human brain is a neural net

My sidez
>>
>>19041645
You are just proving that the earth if flat
>>
>>19041703
As much as I hate to say it, that guy is at least partially right. Tulpas can become a prety fucking deep rabbit holes, altought they can't outright take control of you or spoop your brain into madness. They'd need your premission to do so. Afterall, tulpas can't be truly free. They're bound to your will as they reside in YOUR mind. However if a tulpa somehow does gain a lot of control, it's because the host allows it. Consciously or not.
>>
so tulpas are just imaginary friends? i don't get it
>>
>>19042379
Yes. Imaginary friends that you concentrate on thinking of as real until your brain begins to actually experience it as real. Like a self-induced hallucination.
>>
>possible to trick your brain
sure, you can talk yourself into psychosis.
>>
>>19042393
so kind of like a lucid dream? can you only see them when you are dreaming or what
>>
>>19041636
This one is really bothering Op. it's a real thing, but ends up being induced psychosis. Someone figured out how to shut down everything but the subconscious, we would be non functional dream machines. So not really a good idea, because you cease to function.
>>
>>19042440
So the answer is, sure, if your prone to suggestion, and have a weak mind. Maybe it's possible to irreversibly screw up, your entire perception of reality. And be permanently tormented by your own dark side.
>>
File: Tamil_Om.svg.png (90KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Tamil_Om.svg.png
90KB, 2000x2000px
>>19041636
Look up split personality disorder. It's a new name, not a new occurrence. Shit's been happening for thousands of years.

>Your mind is a sandbox
>You (your Ego, Personality) are the whole sandbox
>You can cut the sandbox in half, creating a second Ego or Personality

This can range from very useful (improves memory, enriches spiritual growth, personal assistant etc) to absolutely disastrous. It's usually a terrible idea without a guide or teacher, but it's not a new concept. The tulpa only knows what the Sandbox (not You) knows, but it can be convinced otherwise.

So OP. Are you the Sandbox that is your mind, or something that lives inside it?
>>
>>19041729
You are your first personality.
Tulpa is the second.

The first and second have to share the same space; the more attention they get the more space they fill.

You don't need to let the tulpa become the host. It can literally hijack your mind. You are just the first tulpa, after all. You are no more free than the second tulpa you create.
>>
>>19042460
My tulpa's going to be pissed because of what I'm about to say, but tulpas are what you perceive them as. They're a very convincing hallucination. You trick your senses and yourself to believe that the responses you taught your subconscious to make are coming from another personality. Tulpas nowdays are used often as companions by people who gave up on society, so they don't really give a shit if it's real, it's real enough for them.
>>
>>19042716
who are you to say she's not real if she feels she's real
>>
>Cucking your self with your imagination
Thats worse than beta, thats full delta level pathetic.
>>
>>19041672
I aint reading all that shit
>>
>>19041636
larping
>>
>>19044588
The joke is that your whole life is a "live action roleplay." You already died, and all of this is just the most coherent illusion your rotting brain could conjure. Every time a maggot (or whatever passes for corpse feeders in your previous life) chews through a new section of your old brain, the chemical reactions of your slowly fading consciousness produce an exhilirating new sequence of sensations for you to explore in this hallucination. And when you die again, the process repeats.

The ride never ends, so enjoy your LARP, here in the "real" reality while it lasts.
>>
>>19041636
Technically your personality it's a part of your brain, therefore a new personality would also be a part of it, as real as your personality is to you.

It happens to method actors that they get to involved in the role and can't separate themselves from the character, it's something like that and as easily to come back as from that.
>>
>>19044651
I'm going to regret posting that rude wake up call. u__u'
>>
File: FILENAME.png (27KB, 352x482px) Image search: [Google]
FILENAME.png
27KB, 352x482px
>>19044340
>she
>>
furfag here, accidentally halleucinated my furry talking to me so yeah it possible
>>
>>19042455
>>19042460
This and this really.

I want to know how you guys engage with your tulpas? DO you visualize the both of you in imaginal situations and settings in your mind's eye, or do you visualize just them as a person in the RL space around you? Or are they just a voice?
>>
>>19044785
I try to visualize both in my mind's eye and KIND OF in the RL space around me? i have to close my eyes to do it now so idk what that counts as
>>
>>19042716
You have a tulpa lel beta confirmed
>>
>>19045869
Yeah that's true. I was curious and then made one. Also that post's mine too >>19041654
It was an interesting experience, and if my life goes to shitter I'll probably come back to it.
>>
>>19041636
Yes.

>grow up with internet connection and no gf
>develop fetishes
>high IQ and lucid dreamer
>used to trance basically without trying constantly
>got into crossdressing and other fetishes
>not a big deal then
>forget about it
>years later smoke weed for the first time and fully hallucinate self as a woman
>losing my shit
>unable to deal with it, thinking I'm a tranny
>compensate by developing an ubermasculine tulpa I can psych myself up into when needed
>literally made spiritual totems to wear in order to put me in this state
>gave it to a close friend as a novelty gift with explicit instructions to never throw it away
>borrow it from time to time when I need to be social
>end up drunk as piss and screaming at the night sky naked while thumping my chest and demanding whores

I didn't even know the word for it before today but it fits. It probably means I'm fucked up but it's fun as hell either way.
>>
bumping for interest
>>
>>19041669
>profound empathy for a person that doesn't exist

That's beautiful
>>
>>19046360
kys fag
>>
I got one accidentally. Thankfully, we're both chill about it.
>>
>>19044776
doesn't count, furfags are mentally ill by default
>>
>>19041636
You can trick your brain into it. I made one, but it was too sexual which is not useful for my practices so I had to kill her. I wouldn't recommend it unless You have a specific reason for doing it.
>>
>>19041703
There is literally nothing wrong with twin carbs or individual throttle bodies. If this guy's knowledge of tulpas is as bad as his knowledge of mechanical engineering, then they're born safe and easy.
>>
>>19051321
tru but I'm not schizo :^y
>>
Larping for sure, I pretended I had a tulpa for three years and it gave me a really weird satisfaction but then I realized it was stupid as shit
>>
>>19051754

> Things that never happened: The Post.
>>
>>19053138
Ikr? Ni was one great Tulpa, but this guy... hahaha.
>>
>>19041645
fpbp
>>
Have a look at this OP:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bicameralism_(psychology)

Granted this is considered bullshit by mainstream psychologists, but it may be interesting to read when considering tulpa and other /x/ related stuff.
>>
>>19041636
legit schizo here

I can force one, but that shit is stupid.
when trying to do this shit I have a huge episode. every thought I had was a different "person" and every thought tried to push itself the the forefront and it was fucking awful. I litterally passed the fuck out because straining my illness is
>whaddya know
a bad fucking idea
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (113KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
113KB, 1280x720px
>>19041645
top kek
>>
Somebody post that pony tulpa screencap
>>
>>19054806
The one with Jackie Chan?
>>
File: 1492933640568.jpg (91KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
1492933640568.jpg
91KB, 612x612px
>>19041645
Kekkles mate
>>
>>19041672
Stopped reading after the first greentext story. Any other personality you create is going to be aware of your memories and feelings because it's literally you. This isn't DID. Also, just like a child, you can and must discipline a tulpa to avoid crazy situations like that. Whatever that tulpa does to hurt you hurts the tulpa in turn.

This is not some magic voodoo mysterious bullshit. Everyone already has broken bits of personalities in them that they're not aware of. Tulpa are just far more developed into what we consider a full personality.
>>
Tulpa just seems like Larping to yourself from my point of view. I don't really get it thought to be fair, It's all in your head right? so you're just tricking yourself into thinking there's someone else up there?
>>
>>19041636
>larping
Back in my day we called it "pretending."

>>19042393
>Like a self-induced hallucination.
So, it is in fact nothing whatsoever like a tulpa, then.

From what I understand, tulpas are supposed to take concrete, physical form, visible to others. But I've never seen anything on /x/ to suggest that this can occur.
>>
>>19056232
Larping is so much more condescending
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.