[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Navajo people are reluctant to reveal skinwalker lore to non-Navajos,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7

File: whywouldyou.jpg (229KB, 792x792px) Image search: [Google]
whywouldyou.jpg
229KB, 792x792px
Navajo people are reluctant to reveal skinwalker lore to non-Navajos, or to discuss it at all among those they do not trust.[3]

Why the fuck not!?
>>
Probably because every time Hollywood sees something slightly different or scary, they make it into a shitty movie franchise without any shade of respect towards the original material or the traditions and history behind it.
Navajos want "strangers" knowing more about their stories and a blockbuster movie as much as people with Disociative Disorder wanted Split; or suburban white neighborhoods wanted Get Out.
Probably a lot less.
>>
>>19038015
In Navajo folklore talking about Skinwalkers draws them in, and not wanting to be horribly eviscerated by one like any sane person, they try to avoid mentioning them.
>>
>>19038015
Any native tribe is going to be more than reluctant to let outsiders know their lore of really any sorts, especially if it's a touchy topic. I'm sure if your people experienced the largest genocide ever recorded (80 to 100 mil) you'd feel the same way.

I mean look at what happened to the Windego. It's a fucking meme now in media when even saying it's name on native land was extremely bad luck.
>>
>>19038015
Because they are the gatekeepers. They don't operate on our timeline, or under our laws of perception. There is nothing to gain, by finding them. Other than ending your existence.
>>
>>19038096
That and talking about them, is an invitation.
>>
>>19038096
More like I don't want kids with guns trespassing on my land looking for something to shoot
>>
You have to really earn their respect to hear what they have to say. Not everyone will even help you then. Some people are too stubborn and or arseheaded to help. Bring something to pass the time. Maybe some good alcohol and smokes. And have good judgement, there are good and bad people in every culture.

source:
part native in flesh.
>>
>>19038124
This is true to a point, but don't say 'part native in the flesh'. That just sounds weird dude. It's a race not a different species settle down.

Either way unless you have some native in you you're probably not gonna get the answers you're looking for. I don't think natives are really that picky with tribes nowadays, so don't worry too much about that. For the love of god though don't say you're Cherokee. Huge red flag you're a pretendian.

I'm half native (Comanche and Apache with some south american tribes mixed in there), so I can spill some stories, but they're not particularly related to skin walkers or anything too exciting.
>>
>>19038160
You're welcome to if you want to
>>
File: 1492910759489.gif (321KB, 161x169px) Image search: [Google]
1492910759489.gif
321KB, 161x169px
>>19038089
>largest genocide ever recorded (80 to 100 mil)
>implying
>>
>>19038160
I mean as in that is what I am this time around. My spirit is not native to this land, just the body.
>>
>>19038160
If it matters I come from the Yaqui.
I keep hearing we were as fierce as the Apache but it doesn't matter. Our tribes are dispersed now. Barely any recognize our legitimacy anymore. Not to mention in the eyes of most tribes I am treated like a mulatto just because part of my ancestry is Morelian. It is really fucking complicated
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmNKspKUaTQ

Natives have their own way of doing things, and that's about it, it's always sad when the tribes don't respect each other tough.
>>
File: evil.jpg (315KB, 600x881px) Image search: [Google]
evil.jpg
315KB, 600x881px
>>19038081

This is true. I work in AZ and my Navajo buddies, who I am fairly close with and have known for years, will not speak of the subject. Superstition? I dunno. But it's like the old folk tale, that if you talk about something it shall appear.

>pic unreleated
>>
>>19038407
>>19038423
Sadly I know the feel. I had to do my own research because I was never close to that side of my family. It sucks being mixed because you don't feel like you quite fit in on both sides. Anyways..

Not really stories (I'll get into those later), but Navajos were fearful of lunar eclipses. They weren't allowed to look at them during as they were seen as bad omens. They wouldn't eat or drink either.

Windego is something that's not even supposed to be said as it's also a bad omen. On full moons you were supposed to have all the windows shut in the house and blinds closed. Windegos were seen as a real threat.
>>
>>19038454
I want to hold down and brutally rape that nazi slut with a black dildo
>>
File: 1494399885869s.jpg (2KB, 125x93px) Image search: [Google]
1494399885869s.jpg
2KB, 125x93px
navajos encountered dracos and feared them. Most likely comes form them encountering one of the major native empires at some point. The way Queen Elizabeth intimidated Putin.
>>
So anons like you don't use it in shitty greentexts.
>>
File: Cat-Fight.jpg (53KB, 500x390px) Image search: [Google]
Cat-Fight.jpg
53KB, 500x390px
>>19038476
Some tribes also say you shouldn't keep a cat or you will never prosper. fuck that shit.
here's a summary.

http://www.navajocentral.org/navajotaboos/taboos_nature.html
>>19038481
Replace with pen0r and I share the sentiment.
>>
>>19038015
They rarely talk about it because talking about skinwalkers, or anything supernatural really, attracts them. It is the law of attraction.

In the past skinwalkers were used for the pratical purpose of scouting rival tribes. So they had a tolerated respectability but you wouldn't want to invite them into your home. But they have since lost that and are just dark shamans, some who sell their services/skullduggery/black magic, who slowly lose their identity to their beastial urges eventually turning into a mindless unnatural dangerous creatures.
>>
>>19038561

>They rarely talk about it because talking about skinwalkers, or anything supernatural really, attracts them. It is the law of attraction.

Let's see if that works...

A naked big tittied blonde!

>sets timer
>>
>>19038789
women are hardly supernatural
They were just mistakes
>>
File: IMG_3521.jpg (36KB, 320x316px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3521.jpg
36KB, 320x316px
>>19040468

I'm sure you would prefer a world entirely of men you enormous faggot
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.