[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anybody have any real knowledge about Enlightenment? Like,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 20

File: buddah.jpg (56KB, 508x374px) Image search: [Google]
buddah.jpg
56KB, 508x374px
Does anybody have any real knowledge about Enlightenment? Like, real true spiritual enlightenment. Is it just another fairy taile told by religion and is meditation just sitting on the floor, thinking youre doing something
>>
>>19032169
enligtenment as i understand it is, in a sense ego death. its when you have shrunk your ego down until it has become nothing.

and you sense pure existence, without the distraction of the sense of "you"
>>
>>19032182
il also add that i think eligtenment can mean alot of things to alot of people, becouse its such a broad term.

it just means understanding, knowledge.
its the context of it that makes it mean anything special, i think.
>>
>>19032182 >>19032192
yeah brahman, ive gotten that far by now. Im just wondering if its a valid path with an actual end goal that is achievable, or if its just a bunch of nonsense to get people to stop being so fucking terrified of dying soon.
>>
its a direct realization of the ineffable, nondual truth. it is something gained, but also something not gained because always present in us though the illusions of duality prevent us from seeing it. noticing how your questions are framed as a duality, an either/or, is a start. the answers are not yes, or no, or neither, or both.

>is meditation just sitting on the floor
you should read "zen mind, beginners mind" which emphasizes exactly this aspect. all there is to do is sit.
>>
>>19032209
well if you have ever taken a phycedelic, you would know that ego death is a very real experience, that does profoundly effect your life.

but phycedelics throws you way to fast in, and jolts you way to fast out.

so i would assume this spiritual path, into ego death, would be just a slower more meaningfull version of that.

as i understand it, its not about walking a path, its more about coming to the realization that you where there all along.

though this i have no experience of, its only something iv heard.
>>
File: 1491589684344m.jpg (118KB, 1024x752px) Image search: [Google]
1491589684344m.jpg
118KB, 1024x752px
>>19032169
I don't know if anything I can say could add anything of substance, but I'll add my two cents to the conversation. At first you'll seek enlightment, and you will make large strides in searching but it won't be until you no longer seek it that you will find it. Whatever it might be for you. Also, it's the strangest experience but people are so beautiful, even the smallest of actions is so breathtaking.
>>
>>19032230
I made some life-changing realizations while sorting out resistors in a little bin.

Can confirm everything comes back to the basics, the fundamentals. Fix those and everything suddenly becomes so simple.
>>
>>19032230
such true

attach immortal doge . jpg
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-10-27-21-24-16.png (445KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-10-27-21-24-16.png
445KB, 720x1280px
Study it all. Learn the basic tenants to all the major religions. Read your forbidden history. See the similarities and what they all agree on.

Go outside and look up to the stars. Those points of light...they are non-earthly. They come from a place that has nothing to do with this world, nothing to do with anything you've ever known. Consider them. Meditate on them. Think about how massive they are, how distant they are, how many millions of years it took to receive their lights. Open your mind to how insignificant your are to their existence.

Contemplate God. What could he be, what could he not be? Pray to him. Speak to him. Go somewhere all alone: a mountain, a forest, your closet, where ever. Silence everything and learn to stop talking and start listening. All of existence is really just his voice.

The beginning of it all is to silence yourself and listen to him.
>>
File: yougotit.png (155KB, 646x535px) Image search: [Google]
yougotit.png
155KB, 646x535px
>>19032230
got my eye on you
>>
>>19032249
who are you, lord pepe?
>>
>>19032209
Lots of awakening experiences are like dying though, and related to losing the fear of death

http://the-wanderling.com/death.html
>>
>>19032169

I experienced it for a while. It's something rarely maintained in our world. You can describe it as ego death, but that depends on your definition of ego. I had expanded my sense of self to encompass all things, meaning that I became aware that I am nothing and everything at the same time. Reality is an illusion in one sense. Anything you can imagine exists somewhere. Though I retain much of the knowledge from that time, the feelings that came with it are much weaker. I'm sure that the knowledge could fade as well.
>>
>>19032247
bro, the fuck is with that picture. no lie, i just smoked a bowl and was reading about enlightenment and the shakyamuni buddah and then i read your fucklin picture an my whole vibe crashed. Im all tense in my chakras and shit man. Tsk Tsk with the negative energy brahman
>>
>>19032169
No it's real, and it's your original state of being. Enlightenment is the traditional sense is merging with the impersonal Brahman and the end of suffering. Giest and foremost, reality IS. ISness is nirvana in and of itself, because what there IS is perfect and blissful. When you start desiring more from the moment and looking beyond the ISness, you enter into the state of desire and suffering due to a conciousness of poverty, as nothing with satisfy you. Nirvana means "blowing out" or "extinguishing" and refers to the blowing out of the fires of desires to realize the bliss of nirvana.

However, merging with the impersonal Brahman is not the highest perfection, realizing the personal Bhagavan is as Krishna is. The Bhagavad Gita confirms this fact.
>>
File: 1494369244916.png (210KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1494369244916.png
210KB, 1000x1000px
>>19032256
the large funny man, staring back at itself.
>>
>>19032217
Seconded on Zen mind beginners mind. The actual direct translation is a bit rough to understand though so if you find it too hard you can probably find some short Zen meditations to get an idea of the practice. I've done some extended vipassana meditations in the past, although not retreat, and I suspect (but can't say for sure) that Buddhist practices offer interesting experiences and powerful emotional tools, but that, like with all useful endeavors, some people take it too far and begin constructing ideology out of the teachings. Even great teachers like Joseph Goldstein inevitably bring their own personalities into commentary on their practice, and they don't realize it. Or perhaps, they DO realize it and yet can't do anything about it.
>>
File: 170px-Golem_and_Loew.jpg (24KB, 170x296px) Image search: [Google]
170px-Golem_and_Loew.jpg
24KB, 170x296px
>>19032209
It's not like some fact that you can learn and that be it anon. Our culture is so drunk on science that we equate knowledge with a bit of empirical evidence.

It's less a factual thing and more a realization, an Awakening.

I'll stop going on but I have to say, God is everywhere, all at once, even right now. He is, and possible making us.
>>
File: 1493404107594.jpg (49KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1493404107594.jpg
49KB, 400x400px
>>19032287
nice stuff man
>>
>>19032264
It was an Anon that posted two years ago. He made a lot of sense until his 3rd post when he went off the deep end.

Forget the war with Russia bit. It means some people are living in other realities right along beside us.

Sometimes I wonder which is the true reality.
>>
>>19032288
I LOVE YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU SO MUCH HOLY SHIT
>>
>>19032312
whats the estela el tourteguo thing
>>
File: 1494485893623.jpg (56KB, 1094x697px) Image search: [Google]
1494485893623.jpg
56KB, 1094x697px
>>19032182
>when you have shrunk your ego down until it has become nothing.
No. Not at all. You should not think of yourself as any more or ANY LESS than anyone else. Each person has value even yourself. Enlightment is about finding that you do have value but it's also about finding out that you don't have value in everything.
>>
>>19032334
<3
>>
File: 1492148417558.jpg (61KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
1492148417558.jpg
61KB, 1000x800px
>>19032368
since im not sure what enlightement is to begin with, i cant tell you that you are wrong.

i think you might be right, but i also think you misunderstood me.

i wasnt talking about belittlling yourself as a comparison to others, or being negative towards yourself.

i wasnt speaking of any kind of judgement at all, quite the oposite, im just speaking of selflessness.

i think both letting go of everything, and learning to apreachiate everything. are important lessons for spiritual growth
>>
>>19032169
for every true statement there is an opposite and equally true statement
>>
>>19032368
These are enlightened rare words.
>>
>>19032368
I would say that enlightment brings about equanimity, this means you dont overstimate(pride) or understimate(aversion) anything, you treat everything with equal lovingkindness
>>
Self inquiry. Sit and ask yourself who you are. Actually do it.
>>
>>19032169
>meditation just sitting on the floor, thinking youre doing something
No. Meditation is sitting on the floor thinking you are not doing something.
Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche (teacher of Dalai Lama) said:
"The world itself is your own mind.
Perfectly being in what it is, completely pure since the very beginning.
There is nothing to perfect, nothing to improve, nothing to realize, nothing to attain, and no goals to reach for."

Longchenpa said:
"Since everything is but an apparition,
Perfect in being what it is,
Having nothing to do with good or bad,
Acceptance or rejection
You might as well burst out laughing!"

>enligtenment as i understand it is, in a sense ego death. its when you have shrunk your ego down until it has become nothing.
No. The ego does not exist. Falsely believing you have an ego, makes the ego exist.
One day the Budda asked is foremost disciple "Do you think the Buddha can have the thought "I have reached Buddhahood"?". Then his disciple said: "No, since every living being is inherently already Buddha, there is no Buddhahood that can be reached, and although living beings do not exist, however minds that are confused about their own perfection and out of that confusion create disturbing emotions which leads to suffering; are for that reason called living beings. Like a child standing in the sunlight that then closes his eyes to ask: "Why can't I see the sun?", is how the mind of living beings behaves."
>>
File: dilgo-khyentse-rinpoche023.jpg (2MB, 2442x3525px) Image search: [Google]
dilgo-khyentse-rinpoche023.jpg
2MB, 2442x3525px
>>19032982
The Great Perfection can not be shown, nor teached, no examples neither words can explain it.
The thoughts are the mind’s magical display,
So let them be as the very state of your mind.
Without any expectations, without interest, nor ambition, without a single concern:
Sit naturally at ease and take the vast sky as your example.
Without center or edge, without increase or decrease.
Take the great ocean as your example.
Without shifting or change, without surface or base.
Train in the state without worry or doubt, without hope or fear.
Do not seek to stop projections, but let them come to rest of themselves, like drawing on water.

For people who's mind is not ready for The Great Perfection.
Focus the awareness and concentrate on breathing.
In the beginning the mind is very active.
Discpline the mind until it does truely rest naturally.
Either by counting the breath or gazing at an object.
The waves of subtle and coarse thoughts calm down by themselves in their own place.
In the middle the mind is smoothly flowing.
The waves of thoughts come from the oceean and without effort fall back into the oceean.
When mind becomes aware of its own self-awareness of mind.
you will remain in a state of clearly seeing the simplicity of naked reality directly.
The innate pure radiant bliss will automatically arise without any effort what so ever.

If one is not aware, one is aware of not being aware.
If one is aware, one is aware of being aware.
Whatever experience is happening, awareness of experiences is permanent.
Without this awareness, experiences could not exist.
Experiences wich have causes dissolves when the causes are removed.
Awareness wich is causeless can not go away.
The primordial awareness has hapiness without causes, it is always present and will never dissapear.
>>
File: 5772804048_91984cac90_z.jpg (135KB, 398x600px) Image search: [Google]
5772804048_91984cac90_z.jpg
135KB, 398x600px
>>19032992
Failing to recognize this naturally ever present hapiness,
because of thoughts and emotions obscuring the recognizion of awareness that come from hope and fear; this is called suffering and pain.
There is no need to judge thoughts as bad or good, since everything is the spontanious play of the mind,
so there is no need to correct anything.
If during meditation one has 'mystical' experiences that one inteprets as 'results',
they should not be made into anything special; recognize they are merely just simple experiences.
Do not attempt to recreate these experiences as this blocks the natural free flowing of the mind.
Delibirately trying to force experiences to occur is to betray the naturalness and spontainity of reality.
See the comical amusing side of formal events and serious ceromonies.
Since the nature of mind is free from all the concepts of past, present and future,
it is not possible to judge experiences based on previous experiences.
Every moment of experience is absolutely unique and fresh in absolute spontaneity,
free from memories of past, and free from projections of the future.
The continual stream of fresh experiences that arises at every moment,
is called the eternal youth of Buddha.
And its wonders, splendour, and spontaneity is the playful aspect of the universe as a personal teacher.

The everyday practice of The Great Perfection is simply to develop a complete carefree acceptance, an openness to all situations without limit.
One should see everyday life as a temple in wich one sits at the center free from the bias towards past memories, present interests, and future hopes or fears.
The worshippers in the temple are the day to day objects of one's own life experiences moving in the game of the playground called the universe.
Therefore be natural and spontanious like a child that has no concerns. Accept and learn from everything.
>>
File: Great-Dilgo-Khyentse.jpg (206KB, 1062x1234px) Image search: [Google]
Great-Dilgo-Khyentse.jpg
206KB, 1062x1234px
>>19032995

Look at infinite space, what depends on what?
Space has neither color nor shape, it is changeless, not based on anything.
The totality of space has no absolute location, its completely equal everywhere.
Mists rise from the earth and vanish into space.
Likewise thoughts self-liberate and naturally dissolve into the emptiness of mind, they go nowhere.
What joy!
When realized like this the karmas of a hundred thousend billion lives instantly burn up into space-like awareness.
If mind has no aim it is called Great Perfection.
This is the king of meditation.
What is called "Buddha" is just this.
Original Enlightenment is just this.
Pleasure and joy is also just this.
Awareness is equally just this.
There is nothing else to say.

In so far as the Ultimate, or the true nature of being is concerned,
there are neither buddhas or demons.
He who frees himself from fear and hope, evil and virtue,
will realize the insubstantial and groundless nature of confusion.
Samsara will then appear as the The Great Perfection itself….
>>
File: Dilgo_Khyentse_Rinpoche.jpg (1MB, 3208x2134px) Image search: [Google]
Dilgo_Khyentse_Rinpoche.jpg
1MB, 3208x2134px
>>19032995
All concepts about what 'meditation' is should be destroyed.
It is not possible to judge meditation by theory.
Each moment of meditation is unique and full of potential.
Since The Great Perfection is beyond words, beyond thought.
These words have no meaning and might seem vague, its simply a clever hint manifested by the comppasionate Buddha of your own mind,
that if acted upon it will enable one's innate naturally perfect action and wisdom to arise spontaneously.
>>
File: DilgoRinpoche1986-400.jpg (83KB, 400x464px) Image search: [Google]
DilgoRinpoche1986-400.jpg
83KB, 400x464px
>>19033075
You might think that once you have received the The Great Perfection teachings you will have all kinds of profound lofty experiences, even after just a few days. If you have such high expectations, then when things don’t work out that way, you will begin to doubt the instructions and relax your diligence. Or, if you do develop the slightest hint of renunciation or gain some minor experience or realization, you will only develop pride and think, “The other schools of Buddhism have nothing to compare with these Great Perfections teachings!” You must avoid developing wrong views such as this and arrogantly supposing that you have gained some special experience or realization. No matter who you are, the ordinary mind is always prone to change and transformation, so you should try never to get carried away.

When you are approaching the end of the Enlightenment,
Continue ceaselessly, without any highs or lows,
And without hopes for signs of swift attainment,
Ensure your practice endures as long as you do!
Even after you have attained Buddhahood,
never abandon your practice.

You must avoid any form of insincerity or duplicity, such as pretending—for as long as you are in other people’s view—to practise perfectly.
Our lives are driven by the yearning to acquire food and clothing, possessions, partners, status and acclaim. We put a great deal of thought into devising the cleverest, most efficient ways to obtain them, and we think, “So-and-so has this much money, my friends have this much, so I need more.” Or: “In the past, I stayed in this kind of house, in this part of town, but now I shall move to a better place.” We must put a stop to all such thinking.
So be content with only the most basic food and clothing. Let me put it simply: do all that you can to renounce and minimize the ordinary affairs and activities of the world.
Without genuine compassion there is simply no possibility of reaching buddhahood.
>>
File: DilgoRinpoche.jpg (24KB, 294x294px) Image search: [Google]
DilgoRinpoche.jpg
24KB, 294x294px
>>19033114
If ever you can not counteract a thought of attachment or aversion, repeat the process of investigation. When you have thoughts, don’t react with anxiety, thinking, “I shouldn’t have thoughts during meditation! Now lots of thoughts are going to come.” Simply look straight into the nature of any thought—be it positive or negative—and it will lose its strength and disappear. Without letting go of the state which follows, look gently into the nature of mind, and thoughts will vanish by themselves. When thoughts no longer occur one after another in swift succession you will gradually be able to liberate them.

When looking into the nature of mind, don’t expect to gain some exceptionally high or profound realization, or to see anything new. Nor should you hesitate or doubt your ability to meditate. Just trust that the nature of mind is simply the mind itself left in an unaltered state, and do all that you can to sustain this, without distraction, at all times, during and between the meditation sessions. Don’t expect to gain realization in just a few months, or even years. Whether you develop any of the qualities that come from the practice or not, remain steadfastly determined and resolve to continue the practice with diligence, day and night, throughout this life, future lives and the bardo state.
>>
>>19032169
Enlightenment is the pure realization of unconditional love. It is a physical lightening of the soul, of the self. Problems cease to be as one realizes the perfect union of the self and Nature. All that is ceases to be. I am that I am. It is not something that is to be sought, but to instead be let go. We already are perfect, we just forgot in the struggles of life.
>>
We realize ourselves beyond all things. Thoughts come and go. People enter our lives and leave. Suffering is bound to happen and pleasure stirs ours senses. But we are more than this. All of this fades. This, too, shall pass. Eventually one comes to the point where they can no longer define the boundary between oneself and the world which surrounds them. My happiness is not separate from yours. My life is no different in value or worth than yours or any other. With this comes an immense peace and acceptance of what is. The illusion of separation dissolves.
>>
>>19032169
34:5.3.Mortal man first experiences the ministry of the Spirit in conjunction with mind when the purely animal mind of evolutionary creatures develops reception capacity for the adjutants of worship and of wisdom. This ministry of the sixth and seventh adjutants indicates mind evolution crossing the threshold of spiritual ministry. And immediately are such minds of worship- and wisdom-function included in the spiritual circuits of the Divine Minister.
34:5.4.When mind is thus endowed with the ministry of the Holy Spirit, it possesses the capacity for (consciously or unconsciously) choosing the spiritual presence of the Universal Father—the Thought Adjuster. But it is not until a bestowal Son has liberated the Spirit of Truth for planetary ministry to all mortals that all normal minds are automatically prepared for the reception of the Thought Adjusters. The Spirit of Truth works as one with the presence of the spirit of the Divine Minister. This dual spirit liaison hovers over the worlds, seeking to teach truth and to spiritually enlighten the minds of men, to inspire the souls of the creatures of the ascending races, and to lead the peoples dwelling on the evolutionary planets ever towards their Paradise goal of divine destiny.
>>
The universe is one. All life is united in one infinite stream of conscious, united by an infinite stream of spacetime, at least on this level and plane of existence. All is in perfect union from a cosmic scale. People live and die while this cosmic plane dances for all of eternity. The conception of it all is beyond current perception, but the magnitude is awesome. Souls, destinies, universes, all have their place here. Purpose? That is for you to create, Creator. Dissolve in the nothingness. Or recreate yourself in the image of God. Experience peace or pain. The Eternal Choice. But whatever you choose, life and death will go on. Yin and Yang. Cosmic Balance.
>>
File: CharnelGround.gif (599KB, 1150x832px) Image search: [Google]
CharnelGround.gif
599KB, 1150x832px
>>19033466
>All life is united in one infinite stream of conscious,
This is contrary to the law of cause and effect.
If there is one consciousness then if I eat food, every living being would taste that food and become full.
Or if I hit you with a stick then every living being would feel pain.
There are infinite streams of conscious that are inter-connected, but they are not united.

>Souls, destinies, universes, all have their place here. Purpose?
Earlier you said everything is a stream of conscious.
That is in conflict with belief in a soul. A soul is permanent and unchangeable. A stream is in a constant change.
Belief in a soul is contrary to the law of cause and effect.
>>
>>19033485
There is no law except for the universal law.
Cause and effect is a byproduct of the human mind. In the infinite, there is no separation.
In unity, there is the composition of the smaller into a united whole.
There are different levels. Just because I do not feel the individual cell does not mean it is not there, or we are not one.
You are thinking too physically. Think abstractly. You and I are "separate" entities, yet we exist the same.
What do you think the soul is? Do you understand that paradox and contradiction are an inherent part of the universe? Souls are not permanent, yet the soul itself is permanent. Just like an ocean is not always the same ocean yet remains known as the same ocean. There is forever continual change until its dissolution, but the permanent essence remains.

There is more than that which you can see.
>>
the term enlightenment needs to just fucking go away

no one is enlightened, if they think they are they are just pompous asses. sure you might gain some significant spiritual knowledge, or have deep insights, but to be "enlightened" implies you know everything which you never can.

it implies there is an end point which there is not. "enlightenment" is a process not a goal.
>>
>>19032169
So far, I've learned that enlightenment isn't always fun.
>>
File: kundalini.jpg (12KB, 199x273px) Image search: [Google]
kundalini.jpg
12KB, 199x273px
>>19032169
Yes. Yes. No.
>>
how would I go about explaining this to someone who is skeptical? just the importance of ego death or connection to things
>>
>>19032169
I think I had a very slight taste of it for a while.
Everything seemed like a very pretty picture, every mundane sensation was really interesting, and I didn't feel like the prettiness was to my benefit, it just felt like "beauty is happening in this universe"
It's great but strangely also somewhat tiring.
>>
>>19032169
heavensgate.com
If you can actually comprehend it, You will understand the real truth to reality. Not many people are able to comprehend the ideas brought forth by this group.
>>
>>19033978
Jesus, who the hell's paying for that server?
>>
>>19033990
a few trusted people who were affiliated with the group. I can fill you in on all info, i am in contact with them occasionally. Also, the media knows nothing about their beliefs or reasons for what happened. If it is something that pulls you in a curious way, that might mean you have the ability to recognize the info. So try and read with an open mind, but just know that it differs from anything else you will have ever read.
>>
>>19034010
>we got a real heavens gate nigga
>>
>>19034237
Its really just the most basic understanding of what real evolution is, not Darwin's theory, but how you (your mind, the real you; not your human body) can grow and take on a new real physical body, in the real physical literal Kingdom Level above human. Simply put as, the "Next Level" it is what human religion refers to as Heaven. Religion has been twisted to distort the real truth.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.