[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are Hindu gods so fucking scary? I cant be the only one that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 275
Thread images: 49

File: fear.jpg (351KB, 1700x1065px) Image search: [Google]
fear.jpg
351KB, 1700x1065px
Why are Hindu gods so fucking scary? I cant be the only one that feels this way right? simply seeing a picture of any Hindu deity gives me a sense of deep primal fear
>pic semi related because I'm too scared to google them
>>
>>19031126
Same my dude. I think of hindu gods in my head as some kind of evil conspiracy that scares me into behaving the way they ordain. All of their overwhelming power, their intense but seemingly senseless complexity, their billions of hands (hands are a fucking meme anyway), they seem very might is right. Fuck man if they actually represent reality then reality sucks.
>>
Just one anon's opinion, but it could be due to a difference in the way different gods display their powers. Western Abrahamism is full of stories of their god being a bad-ass, but he's always abstract. Then in the sequel he's incarnate but really chill. He's never bad-ass AND incarnate.
In the Hindu lore the gods don't seem to give a shit and just incarnate and start throwing lightning bolts or whatever. People of the Hindu faith don't seem to be afraid of this, it's just expected. Like yea duh, it's a god, of course it's going to do some godly shit.
tl;dr the frankness of other pantheons is unusual and off-putting to westerners who are used to a more toned-down subtle deity.
>>
>>19031126
>Why are Hindu gods so fucking scary?
Well why are the gargoyles surrounding cathedrals so fucking scary?
>>
ancient indians in the midst of a macho yogic culture gladly explored morbid and macabre elements of life and death. old western writers used to theorize clmate influenced this phenomenon, like ancient malnourished stoned sadhus hallucinating under relentless sun heat and humidity and thinking strange thoughts. hey, it happens, right?
these people lived closer to death and dying than us moderns and they embraced it as part of life, fetishizing it, makng it into art.
by viewing such statues, images, etc you come into contact with this ancient vision of life and death. to a secular modern mind it can be quite shocking.
>>
>>19031224
Those are meant to be scary.
They're like spiritual bouncers.
They look ugly and scary but they're actually good spirits who's only job is to protect the church from evil.
>>
>>19031232
That mode of thought is actually really cool and I wish it was explored more often, but hindu deities, if anything, seem to make death seem really foreboding and not something cool that you can flippantly accept.

Not foreboding in the same sense as muh clearly defined heaven and hell, but in the sense that it's being reintroduced into this completely unintelligible maelstrom of extreme intensity, ruled only by memes, that few can handle. No void, no reconciliation, no explanation, no calm drifting and exploring, just fierce and intolerable madness that compels you to reincarnate.
>>
File: kalabhairava.jpg (214KB, 700x498px) Image search: [Google]
kalabhairava.jpg
214KB, 700x498px
>>
>>19031305
Yeah see like what the fuck? What ARE you? Why are you what you are? Why are you doing what you're doing? Do you even feel okay? Dafuq is this shit. It's like getting a glimpse of the sheer horror of real reality and not what we've been doing.
>>
No. I really like hindu imagery, actually. Am I evil?
>>
File: Krsna.jpg (178KB, 1280x938px) Image search: [Google]
Krsna.jpg
178KB, 1280x938px
>>19031320
Lord Krsna will help you chill the fuck out
>>
>>19031320
It's a god of destruction. That's kind of the point.
>>
>>19031208
Not OP, but this actually makes a lot of sense as someone brought up in Christianity.
>>
Hinduism is the oldest surviving religion. It does seem to hit on something more primordial.
>>
File: Asuras_Wrath_Art.png (1MB, 780x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Asuras_Wrath_Art.png
1MB, 780x1000px
You guys might wanna check out Asura's Wrath.
>>
>>19031126

cuz b4 christ the gods were scary cunts and people were cowards who worshiped what was strong, not just
>>
>>19031330

except he looks like a smarmy faggot who will say and do things just to bother you, sticking his ugly faggot face between you and the girl you want in the hopes you'll fuck his puckered faggot ass
>>
>>19031179
>hands are a meme

You fucking wot m8
>>
>>19031484
Look at your hands and tell me this shit makes sense
>>
>>19031454
That dude in the sky looks like a cunt
>>
>>19031464
Because the Christian god is just...

I believe in a just God. But the Christian god is far from.

>>19031512
>>
>>19031512
I... you....but... what!?
>>
So, /x/ is stoned today right?
Also this thread is some sobering shit.
>>
File: Lord Narasimha bathed in milk.jpg (109KB, 600x917px) Image search: [Google]
Lord Narasimha bathed in milk.jpg
109KB, 600x917px
>>19031126
They are powerful, they are usually unconcerned with humans, and as Hinduism has no good "Satan" parallel, their deities are not purely benevolent.

>>19031248
>hindu deities, if anything, seem to make death seem really foreboding and not something cool that you can flippantly accept.
I tend to see death like an eviction. It's only scary if you have no plans for afterward. A common analogy is that death is the jaws of a tiger: to prey there is nothing more fearful, but to a tiger cub those jaws mean security and warmth.

>>19031330
He certainly didn't help Kamsa. Approach Krishna as an enemy, and He reciprocates as an enemy.

>>19031470
>smarmy
What indicates that Krishna is ingratiating to an annoying degree? Or did you not know what smarmy meant?
>faggot
This would require that Krishna have a material body. He does not.
>who will say and do things just to bother you
Oh absolutely. He's funny like that.
>>
>>19031608
Do you understand the demigods (bramha, kali, etc.) to have physical forms or do they exist on another plane of existence all together from a gaudiya vaishnava perspective?
>>
>>19031628
The demigods have a material form, though not always a physical one. Brahma, from my understanding, has a form of ego and intelligence (unless he decides to manifest a more gross body). Think of the subtle material body as what most would call the astral body. Mind, intelligence, and false ego.

Shiva is in His own category. I know He is in "contact" with the material energy, but I do not think He has a material form.
>>
>>19031239
I believe you have your answer.
>>
>>19031208
this is a great post

it just makes sense
>>
>>19031608
tell us more about Krishna. don't give me meditation instructions, just tell more the way you have in this post
>>
>>19031126
Fuck yes. Hindu iconography makes me very uncomfortable. I've never quite understood why, but I just feel like something's... off when I see that stuff. The oddly coloured skin and extra appendages I can handle, but those smiles that they always seem to have... It's unfortunate, too, since I find the culture around it quite intriguing, but I doubt I'll ever completely get over my uneasyness.
>>
>>19031208

As two other anons said. Good post
>>
>>19031329
I agree I like it too

>>19031512
Wat
>>
>>19031126
The actions of the Judeo-Christian god, as desbribed in the bible, are vastly more evil than anything any Hindu god is described as doing.
>>
>>19031809
yea but depictions of Jesus has beautiful white skin and two hands
>>
>>19031464
>cuz b4 christ the gods were scary cunts and people were cowards who worshiped what was strong, not just
>just

Killed everyone but 8 people in a great flood. Destroyed two whole cities, which presumably had children and babies. Killed all of the firstborn children of Egypt. According to Reelations, will kill everyone who isn't Christian.

Yep, such a just god you have . . .
>>
>>19031705
Krishna is the supreme godhead, meaning he is the highest conception of the divine with form and personality. His body is transcendental and full of knowledge, eternity and bliss (sacinananda) and is the source of all reality. As living beings we are his part and parcel, exemplified by the principle acintyabhedabheda or inconceivable oneness and difference. By practicing bhakti yoga (union through devotional service) which includes limbs such as hearing, chanting and remembering Krsna and his pastimes we can revive our original relationship with him. In doing so one escapes the cycle of repeated birth and death in the material world and enters krsna's eternal confidential abode known as goloka vrindavana.
>>
>>19031608
>What indicates that Krishna is ingratiating to an annoying degree? Or did you not know what smarmy meant?

Half of the anons on /x/ can barely speak English.
>>
>>19031126

Subhuman religion created by subhuman poo in loos
>>
>>19031838
To be fair, the two cities were leveled because when he sent his angels to hold peaceful talks with them, they tried to rape the angels. That one family that was spared was the family that had the decency to defend the angels.
Also, according to that very same lore, that god's problem with Egypt was that his people were not allowed to worship him freely. He didn't say "fuck the gods of egypt", he said "Let my people go so that they may worship me."
>>
>>19031838

Fedora fucker detected.
>>
>>19031126
That fucker looks like Goku's cousin in chest high water.
>>
>>19031901
he also calls out RA and says I will punish RA, and the gods of Egypt. he went full on WWF wrasslin time shittalking.
>>
>>19031126
Hindu gods, along with all other pagan gods, are demons

Rather simple
>>
>>19031822
>yea but depictions of Jesus has beautiful white skin and two hands

As does Krishna and other gods . . .
>>
>>19031965
I can't find any specific mention of RA. Maybe we have different translations.
What passages are you referring to?
>>
>>19031908
>Fedora fucker detected.

Nope. I'm not American, religiosity is not the norm in my country and atheism/agnosticism is not considered "edgy". Most European countries are basically post-Christian.
>>
>>19031990
it might be Marduk or something them. he calls out the other gods and says he is going to kick their asses for fucking with his people.
>>
>>19032001
Ohhh, I think I've got it.
>Amon, god of Thebes
Jerimiah 46.
Ok, yea, he does talk mad shit in that episode.
>>
File: scary.jpg (757KB, 1816x2439px) Image search: [Google]
scary.jpg
757KB, 1816x2439px
fucking nope
>>
File: kali_by_neutralie-d2bjxjb.jpg (201KB, 600x888px) Image search: [Google]
kali_by_neutralie-d2bjxjb.jpg
201KB, 600x888px
Kali is my Protector and I unironically worship her; The queen of chaos is the only god worth courting.
>>
>>19031126
Foreign ideas can be scary. Fear of the unknown is a very common thing, specially if you are a pussy.
>>
>>19031844
>Krishna is the supreme godhead
im gonnas have to stop you right their, you damn harikrishnas , dont says hes the supreme god head, say in certain sects he is but not all hindus belive that, dont misconstude information to fit your sects doctrine
>>
watch gantz the movie
>>
>>19031844
no no no bascialy he has described brahman, and said it is krishna which is not true in the way he is describing it, the traits he is describing are to brahman krishna is just the incarnation of vishnu, even in Vaishnavism he isnt the supreme godhead that is bullshit spewed from the ISKC
>>
>>19031248
>ruled only by memes, that few can handle. No void, no reconciliation, no explanation, no calm drifting and exploring, just fierce and intolerable madness that compels you to reincarnate.
Correct me if I am wrong but isn't the whole thing basically fulfil the role you were born into and you get to roll for a better one next time? It doesn't sound that foreboding or scary to me. It is actually a quite fair system when you think about it.
>>
>>19031126
What's there to find scary? I believe Hindu gods are the closest representation humanity has of gods/God, not in image but what's written of them.

>>19031179
> if they actually represent reality then reality sucks.
They are the closest thing to a conceivable representation of "god" by human perception, the multiple heads/hands are what the witnesses can barely make out when these "gods" lower themselves to our plane enough for us to make some sense of them.

>>19031522
There is no such thing as a just god, "god" itself is a dirty word and gives you the illusion of having any sort of invocation power over god, which you don't, god is god and doesn't conform to your limited perception.
>>
>>19031844
>confidential
this is the keyword

what's up
>>
File: bae.jpg (143KB, 894x546px) Image search: [Google]
bae.jpg
143KB, 894x546px
just be confident bro
>>
>>19031705
I wish I had the time tonight. Previous anon was quite elegant.

>>19031838
Time I am, the great destroyer of worlds...

>>19031844
Haribol.

>>19032137
>>19032151
Not all Vaishnavas accept Krishna as the Supreme Personality. That is alright. Those that do are of the sect Gaudiya Vaishnavas, and hold Lord Chaitanya as His latest incarnation (aside from the Mahamantra itself, that is).

>>19032172
>multiple heads/hands are what the witnesses can barely make out when these "gods" lower themselves to our plane enough for us to make some sense of them.
Agreed. The forms of demigods are real in the sense of that is how they often present themselves, but the bodies our gross senses can pick up are assumed and doffed as we would change clothes.

>>19032185
Hearing about Krishna's pastimes is certainly beneficial, but doing so with the intent of personal enjoyment will always keep you out.

I recommend reading up on Uddhava Dasa. You can read the Krishna Book (A narration of the 10th Canto of the Bhagavatam mixed with Prabhupada's explanation of Gaudiya Vaishnava philosophy/understanding),
https://www.vedabase.com/en/kb
https://www.vedabase.com/en/kb/46 (Uddhava Chapter)
or get it straight from the Bhagavatam
https://www.vedabase.com/en/sb/10/46

Ya know, it's pretty hard to find a temple/deity dedicated to Lord Varaha. Boars just don't make good Supreme Beings for humans, I guess. I mean, He only made sure Earth was saved from falling out of its orbit. No biggie.
>>
>>19032281
no not in a mean way but I honestly think hearing about krishna's stories is always good. with the intent of personal enjoyment. why not? it does not matter. enjoy krishna.
>>
I was in a sedated coma for a month a couple of years back and the only religious experience I had was with what I thought to be a Hindu like deity. I was floating inside a domed temple, rotating toward the top where there was a celestial figure without shape and it was shimmering in light at the top and center of the dome. I dont remember passing through it only descending away from it. As I approached the bottom there were dozens of Indian children grabbing at my arm and one took a ring that was on my finger. Not a poo or Hindu and live in the Southwest
>>
One of my favorite book series is The Black Company. There's Hindu inspired gods in the story and the way they're described gives me chills every time. Before I read that I never thought of them as scary.
>>
>>19032314
Krishna is the Enjoyer, we are the Enjoyed. Telling and hearing of Krishna's activities is certainly joyful, but to jump straight into the confidential, intimate activities of Golok-Vrindavan without that mindset can create obstacles.
>>
we wuz gods n shieet
>>
>>19031512
I'm looking, and all I can see is your mom's nasty fucking pussy juice.
>>
>>19032281
>Hearing about Krishna's pastimes is certainly beneficial, but doing so with the intent of personal enjoyment will always keep you out.

ahh, yes, you have to pious and canting, like a good sanctimonious protestant american
>>
>>19032431
do not respond to iskconfags, they corrupt the meanings of the hindu cosmology and multiplicity to appeal to their western idea of oneness
>>
>>19032390
>>19032431
this. I don't know what you are talking about Baka. Enjoy the fucking god stories. Is that so hard?
>>
>>19031901
he should have sent angels that weren't so THICC
>>
>>19031126

>Being scared of things that don't exist
>>
>>19032473
welcome to /x/
>>
>>19032455
enjoy the wrinkled strip of flesh between my asshole and nutsack
>>
>>19032015
om namah shivaya
>>
>>19032015
Andrgogynes skeev me out.
>>
File: Balinese Garuda.jpg (245KB, 683x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Balinese Garuda.jpg
245KB, 683x1024px
>>19032431
>>19032448
Anyone doubting the authenticity of Vaishnavism is welcome to compare what I say to the commentaries of the founders of the sect's branches.

>appeal to their western idea of oneness
No idea where you get this.

>>19032455
>I don't know what you are talking about
The tendency to use the energy of Krishna for our own pleasure is exactly what traps us in Maya. Whether this is through direct exploitation of the material, or through the usurpation of Krishna's words and activities to further our own pleasure and agenda.

To remove this is both the easiest and hardest thing.
>>
>>19032381
My brother. This was the first time I thought of any of these deities as scary as well. The depictions of Kali (Kina in the book) are awesome.
>>
File: Narasimha.jpg (456KB, 915x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Narasimha.jpg
456KB, 915x1200px
>>
>>19031990
isn't that a tacit admission by the abrahamic deity that other gods exist?
>>
>>19033827
"Gods" as in spirits, but in the context of the Bible there's still only one eternal, self-existent God with a capital "G". As lesser beings, angels ("gods" as in "Sons of God") are not worthy of worship.
>>
>>19031126
I think it's weird y'all find Hindu gods scary. I've been a practicing Hindu for four years now and, while depictions of certain Devas and Devis convey their mights, to me depictions of the gods are colorful, festive, and welcoming.

Only one I find disturbing is Chhinnamasta, and only really because she's depicted headless and pouring blood out of her neck with some devotees drinking it. But this sort of violent depiction is just symbolism of the fact that the Divine Mother both takes life and gives it. Frightening depictions of deities are often like that, representing more than just conveying their fearsome-ness.
>>
>>19031966
simple answer for simple minds.
>>
>>19032448
>oneness is a western concept
Do you mean monism? Because Krishna-centric Vaishnavism is often not monist an monism is definitely not solely a western thing. Ever hear of Advaita Vedanta?

Regardless, you're right that ISKCON tries to erase Hinduism's multiplicity. ISKCON, imo, is as dogmatic and doesn't reflect the plurality that happens in Hinduism.
>>
when I see a nice picture of krishna, I feel dizzy. Maybe I'm scared too.
it could be worse, his true form has infinite eyes, mouths, arms, legs and so on.
>>
>>19031889
so what are you, an uber mensch?
>>
>>19034383
>infinite benis

the Vishvaspurdo

m-my eyes
>>
>>19031470
Jelly? Krishna steal ur bitch?
>>
File: romsub.png (173KB, 705x385px) Image search: [Google]
romsub.png
173KB, 705x385px
>>19031126
>Why are Hindu gods so fucking scary? I cant be the only one that feels this way right? simply seeing a picture of any Hindu deity gives me a sense of deep primal fear

Gods are supposed to be scary... That's why they gods and you mortal...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyQBBQ9ZNsY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OByJdN4_Bkc
>>
>>19034475

i am sick of your stupid ass posting absolute garbled nonsense
>>
>>19031470
blasphemy
>>
*Spoiler alert* All the Hindu Gods and demons are jinns
>>
File: Bhairava.gif (599KB, 1150x832px) Image search: [Google]
Bhairava.gif
599KB, 1150x832px
>>19031126
You think Shivas scary? Look into Bhairava his highest manifestation. The equivalent to priests in the tradition that worships Bhairava have to literally eat shit and humans to become one and its a part of their practice. Its cause they know this is Hell and know they are demons and act accordingly. Its said their only friends are ghosts. That tradition is known as Kapalika (skull bearer) cause they eat and drink out of a human skull. Its the most extreme sect in existence; Christians probably see it like Satanism times 10. Now days they call themselves Aghori (non terrifying) aka another term for Shiva; they are Kapalikas with extra ceremony.
>>
File: Bhairava8.jpg (29KB, 1000x600px) Image search: [Google]
Bhairava8.jpg
29KB, 1000x600px
>>19031320
Yeah Ive witnessed infinity and I assure you you don't know scared. Ive witnessed infinite terror and infinite bliss; its not like oh thats neat.
>>
>>19033414
all day
>>
>>19031232
explains a good bit about mesoamerican culture and its influence on modern hispanic culture
>>
>>19031992
>post-christian

is that what you tell yourself? dont you mean Islamic?
>>
You should read Song of Kali.
>>
File: Screencap_57.jpg (65KB, 731x684px) Image search: [Google]
Screencap_57.jpg
65KB, 731x684px
>>19035055
>witnesses infinity

>posts on /x/

riiiight
>>
>>19031320
>What ARE you?
That's just Mr. Popo. He's cool.
>>
>>19031470
>fuck his puckered faggot ass
pure poetry
>>
>>19031512
Hands make perfect sense within evolution
>>
>>19032431
Yeah Krishna is the Jesus of the East.
>>
File: owl.png (1MB, 1256x678px) Image search: [Google]
owl.png
1MB, 1256x678px
>>19034684
>i am sick of your stupid ass posting absolute garbled nonsense

I couldn't give a fuck...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weCra4dGZRQ
>>
>>19032015
what is the black thing at the bottom?
>>
File: gnosis.jpg (12KB, 180x158px) Image search: [Google]
gnosis.jpg
12KB, 180x158px
>>19032448
Its like Christfag shit.

Advaita Vedanta and Trika Saivism are right.
>>
>>19032465
lmao

>tfw I prolly would of been one of them trying to get dat shit.
>>
File: Jews35.jpg (35KB, 600x361px) Image search: [Google]
Jews35.jpg
35KB, 600x361px
>>19032473
Siva doesn't exist? bahahahahaha

good goyim
>>
File: Kali9.jpg (41KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Kali9.jpg
41KB, 400x400px
>>19034270
>>
>>19034383
Dizzy is from experiencing energy in your brain and not interpreting it as energy.
>>
>>19034475
that song is from world of warcraft wtf are you doing
>>
File: Aghori.jpg (122KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
Aghori.jpg
122KB, 480x640px
>>19034867
No Ive met Jinns and Shiva, they are not the same. Jinns were made of fire and gave me a list to do or they would take me with them... didnt even look at that long ass list and dropped it right in front of them!

Shiva looked like the ultimate sadhu. Like a traditional sadhu, brown with dreadlocks and khaki colored cloth to cover genitals. He had sanskrit sutras tattooed all over him like paragraphs here and there. Maybe the Siva Sutras? He had no face it was just a blur as if he represented every sadhu. In the dream Shiva was meditating looking into the void, we said nothing and I sat in front of him looking at him and meditated with him. Looked like this with a blurry face.
>>
>>19035123
>tfw it gave me PTSD. Shell Shock is an understatement.
>>
File: kundalini7.jpg (132KB, 550x835px) Image search: [Google]
kundalini7.jpg
132KB, 550x835px
>>19035422
lol Shiva linga its rock in the shape of a dick. The primitive forms of Shaivism worship gods dick. I will always find this funny lol.

>tfw Shaivite
>>
>>19034684
U no 4 chan bro?
>>
>>19032465
>>19035545

>(USER HAS BEEN FIREBOMBED BY THE HAND OF GOD FOR THIS POST)
>>
>>19031179
What if I told "you" that "you" are one of those hands?
>>
File: BartMoses.png (71KB, 657x353px) Image search: [Google]
BartMoses.png
71KB, 657x353px
>>19035587
>that song is from world of warcraft wtf are you doing

Witchcraft... How do you think pagan gods were worshiped? They're statues. Who do you think all those prophets of the gods the monotheists loved murdering were?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ii95HiPUVoU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpWkmXrpbrc
>>
>>19031470
>a smarmy faggot who will say and do things just to bother you

Not entirely inaccurate. He's a bit of a Dionysian figure in that way. Fun guy really.
>>
>>19032015
Shiva is different. I find images of relaxing. They give me this feeling of familiarity and that there's something I should be remembering but I can't quite grasp it.
>>
>>19033733
Thundercats Hooo!!!
>>
>>19035567
Kali simply doesn't disturb me. She's a Divine Mother, and great protector. That's why her form is so terrible. She kills demons. In one legend a band of thieves attempted to make a human sacrifice to her, offering a Brahmin monk, and you know what she did? The image they prayed to came to life and slaughtered the thieves.

It's hard, after seeing her as a protector and mother, to view her as unsettling. I mean, I guess I get why people find Kali scary, though.
>>
>>19035080
*smacks you*
Ancient Indians from India!
>>
>>19031822
>beautiful white skin
No. Read the bible.
>>
>>19031822
>Jesus
>European white

lol no
>>
>>19036081
>>19036105
are you arguing people don't make depictions of Jesus with white skin? was kinda the essence of my snarky comment
>>
>>19031126
That specific statue is not scary at all. That dude looks tranquil AF.
>>
File: kapila deva.jpg (30KB, 266x314px) Image search: [Google]
kapila deva.jpg
30KB, 266x314px
>>19036235
White is one of the common colors of Vishnu's avatars. White, red, yellow/gold, black. Kapila Deva is white, as is Kalki Deva.

https://www.vedabase.com/en/sb/10/8/13
>Your son Kṛṣṇa appears as an incarnation in every millennium. In the past, He assumed three different colors — white, red and yellow — and now He has appeared in a blackish color.

No idea if Lord Jesus is white, but I doubt it. Of course, this really only applies to Yuga Avatars. Jesus' story is more in line with a Shakti-avesh Avatar.
>>
>>19035823
That doesn't make it any less fucked up
>>
>>19031126
You need to see a shrink if you get scared just looking at pictures.
>>
>>19031126
Aren't Gods meant to be feared? Looks like Hindus did a good job creating a religion as oppose to Christians with their handsome rockstar dude.
>>
>>19031320
Kill yourself
>>
>>19031330
He looks like a cool dude
>>
>>19032221
Ramakrishna was a great man this is an awesome picture
>>
om namah shivaya
>>
>>19032221
lol at this image-filename-text pairing haha
>>
>>19031126
>deep
He gave us weed. Literally.
>>
File: Thatface20110725-22047-wlaopv.png (7KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
Thatface20110725-22047-wlaopv.png
7KB, 645x773px
>>19035037
That skull looks familiar...
>>
>>19031330
Same face art, as bad as the art tumblr shits out.
>>
>>19031126
cutest couple
>>
File: Radha Krishna HD Background.jpg (331KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Radha Krishna HD Background.jpg
331KB, 1024x768px
>>19038429
they should've gotten married
>>
File: radha_krishna_3d_wallpapers_hd.jpg (191KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
radha_krishna_3d_wallpapers_hd.jpg
191KB, 1024x768px
>>19038437
is there rule 34 of these two
>>
>>19038441
I wonder if there is A rule 34 of Shiva.
>>
>>19031344
He's actually the creator god. Vainshnavism and aryanism introduced a trinity of male gods to oust the original females away and introduce the caste system.
>>
>>19031844
You've been brainwashed by ISKCON
>>
>>19031966
Proof apart from nonchalant Christian ramblings
>>
weird, they just look cool to me
>>
>>19038482
I have nothing to do with ISKCON.
>>
>>19038437
Krishna married Rukmini devi and approx. 10007 other women when he became king of Mathura.

Srimati Radharani already has a husband in Vrindavan.

>>19038441
Yes; canonically. Hopefully you will never find it. This is precisely why such matters are considered confidential. The tendency to want to exploit and enjoy what is for Krishna is exactly what covers and traps us in Maya.
>>
>>19031248
That's a funny interpretation. Death is actually just a transitional phase into next life in hinduism, and the "goal" is to escape the vortex of non sensical suffering that is our reality through nirvana/moksha. Depending on what interpretation of hinduism you believe in, even the highest gods are subject to the cycle of death and rebirth.
>>
Praise Lords Vishnu, Shiva, and Brahma
>>
>>19038993
Did Krsna have children with the queens of dwarka? If so are there living descendants?
>>
>>19038993
>Yes; canonically. Hopefully you will never find it.

I agree for the most part but at a certain stage in bhakti it is appropriate to discuss such matters such as those in the 10th canto.
>>
>>19031844
isn't Krishna an incarnation of Vishnu so wouldn't that mean Vishnu is of higher status than Krishna?
>>
>>19031126
They aren't really, all of the symbolism is dual in nature. Lets take Kali for a second: the severed head in her hand represents the ego. The blade in another hand is truth. The skulls on her garland each represent a letter in Sanskrit. She is a huntress, a mother, liberator, kundalini personified.

Shiva, her male counterpart, is pure consciousness, the chakra system, the crown chakra is his seat of power. First and final thing. Destroyer? No. Dissolver. Dissolver of the ego.

These gods are masks for your own divinity. You fear these gods because you've been conditioned to fear yourself. The ego is made of fear. The ego feeds on fear. The ego is a parasite. Meditate on this mantra:

"Thank you, I love you, welcome."
>>
>>19039506
>>19035608
what exactly is kundalini?
>>
File: kundalini8.jpg (95KB, 600x720px) Image search: [Google]
kundalini8.jpg
95KB, 600x720px
>>19039754
The energy of enlightenment.
>>
File: Lord Damodar.jpg (65KB, 610x432px) Image search: [Google]
Lord Damodar.jpg
65KB, 610x432px
>>19039108
>Did Krsna have children with the queens of dwarka?
Yes. The chapter in the 10th Canto where Narada Muni visits Dvaraka tells of some of them.

Also, I was incorrect, Krishna established the city of Dvaraka to rule over, he did not take the kingship of the city of Mathura.

>If so are there living descendants?
No, the Yadu dynasty is proclaimed to have destroyed itself in a "drunken family brawl."

> SB 11.30.12 — Then, their intelligence covered by Providence, they liberally indulged in drinking the sweet maireya beverage, which can completely intoxicate the mind.
>SB 11.30.13 — The heroes of the Yadu dynasty became intoxicated from their extravagant drinking and began to feel arrogant. When they were thus bewildered by the personal potency of Lord Kṛṣṇa, a terrible quarrel arose among them.

>>19039111
That was snarky of me to say. And while I agree, I don't think 4chan is exactly the best environment for it. Also, trips.
>>
File: avatar categories.gif (75KB, 1100x800px) Image search: [Google]
75KB, 1100x800px
>>19039264
Many would agree, Gaudiya Vaishnavas believe what anon prabhu typed. In my view, Krishna is not "higher" than Vishnu, He is more intimate. Both are omnipotent personalities of the Godhead. But while Vishnu is power, majesty, awe, fear. Krishna is...sweet. A lovable menace. Previous pic related.

Krishna is not your towering God of power, Krishna is your Little Brother who might be hard to take tagging along all the time, but you ALWAYS smile and tousle His hair and let Him come. In the Nectar of Devotion, there is something called Yoga Maya discussed. Yoga Maya - illusion in union - is when Krishna will supress the knowledge of His omnipotence in a devotee in order to enjoy intimacy not available to Supreme Majesty. This is opposed to Maha Maya - the great illusion - which is what binds us to the material realm.

Consider Arjuna's reaction when Krishna set aside their "loving friend" relationship and showed His universal form:

> Bg 11.41-42 — Thinking of You as my friend, I have rashly addressed You “O Kṛṣṇa,” “O Yādava,” “O my friend,” not knowing Your glories. Please forgive whatever I may have done in madness or in love. I have dishonored You many times, jesting as we relaxed, lay on the same bed, or sat or ate together, sometimes alone and sometimes in front of many friends. O infallible one, please excuse me for all those offenses.

Loving exchanges between Krishna and Arjuna would be slights and offenses of familiarity if between Vishnu and Arjuna.

However, if you wish to sort the aspects of the Godhead into a hierarchy, then I like this post's pic, obviously.
>>
>>19035608
Read more about the linga it represents creation..
>>
File: 1494451609865.jpg (177KB, 640x425px) Image search: [Google]
1494451609865.jpg
177KB, 640x425px
>>19031470
You just described every Indian person ever. Nice work!
>>
>>19036235
Your sloppily-written comment seems like it was asserting that he was explicitly portrayed as white by the bible.
>>
>>19035037
>Demons
Shouldn't Kali be killing those fuckers?
>>
>>19041028
Pretas and what you would consider as Hindu ghosts and demons have their place to suffer perpetually, as atonement for excess and the chaos they create. Tbh sometimes the gods do intervene to slay them(like Taraka) but most of the time they eat corpses so no one really bothers them.
>>
>>19031126
hey thats a hot statue, would totally draw doujins of him
>>
>>19031208
This explains at least part of why I like Hindu gods and goddesses better, lol
>>
File: Cosmic wheel.jpg (327KB, 857x1202px) Image search: [Google]
Cosmic wheel.jpg
327KB, 857x1202px
>>19035123
>>
>>19031126
They look like beautiful, perfect beings to me.
>>
>>19031208
>Western Abrahamism
middle eastern abrahamism*
FTFY

Our gods aren't that different from the hindus ones.
>inb4 pagan edgylord

Suck my dick.
>>
>>19031208
this so this
t. Theology Major.

Fucking moron lmao. Just ignore the Abrahamic divine beings like the murder angels and entire pantheons of creepy pagan shit.
>>
>>19031305
Is this the God of POO
>>
>>19038565
Then why are you pushing all that Krishna snake oil?
>>
File: _85319913_poop_protest[1].jpg (43KB, 624x351px) Image search: [Google]
_85319913_poop_protest[1].jpg
43KB, 624x351px
>>19031330
Why do indians always try to make themselves look white in their art and movies? It's not healthy.
>>
>>19042108
because white people are better
are you happy now?
>>
>>19031224
Dont scare me at all, make me feel at peace, they are there to fight of evil spirits and demons and shit.
They are our friends.
>>
>>19042108
Because north indians are pretty much white.
South indians are the real poo in loos

and no im not indian im german.
>>
asian religions are frozen snapshots of before contact with colonial western powers.

china had reached hedonism (epicurus 300BC greece) and india was at the level of polytheism and animal sacrifice (1000BC assyria).

the past 100 years has completely demolished any idea of them having a culture beyond some tourist trinkets, they worship the dollar like everyone else, and don't believe in anything. the primitives left in their society are irrelevant except as an anthropological study into the past.

whenever people try to sell you bullshit about eastern mysticism ask them why they never invented a car or airplane if they were so enlightened. if they give you some explanation like, the world isn't just material things, ask them why they write books or give seminars for money.

you want something to believe in? believe in power, because that is all there ever is. power between individuals inside of groups, and power between various groups.

>you
>family
>community
>regional government
>national government
>international government

you are 6 steps away from world empire.
>>
>>19040584
thanks for the explanation anon
>>
So are Shiva and Vishnu separate gods that are connected like two sides of a coin
>>
>>19042197
It really depends who you ask. An Advaitist would say they are both manifestations of Supreme Brahman. A Personalist Saivite would say Lord Siva is Supreme, and Vishnu is lesser. A Vaishnava would say the opposite. A Smarta Brahmana would say they are both part of a triple system of elder gods in a pantheon: the sustainer and destroyer, along with Brahma the creator. A follower of Shakti might agree with any of these, but downplay both in favor of the Feminine. An atheistic Sankhya Philosopher might say no god is real, but that both represent important aspects of nature in humanity's view.

All of these would be "real" Hinduism.
>>
>>19035835
Your YouTube channel is retarded/autistic. No offense but please explain to me what your trying to do to us? If its dumbing down I think it might be working
>>
>>19042149
faggot miff
>>
>>19042259
oh i see so different sects of Hinduism believe different things and will focus worship on the different gods.
>>
File: Kubera.jpg (27KB, 303x399px) Image search: [Google]
Kubera.jpg
27KB, 303x399px
If you guys like hindusim and Hindu gods you guys should read Kubera its good in my opinion though it changes up the actual lore a bit for the story and it gets better the farther you read in and i think it portrays battles between suras and devas well and the attitudes that the Hindu gods have towards humans
>>
So why exactly do Devas and Suras hate each other
>>
>>19031208

>Never badass

Literally attacks the international bankers outside the temple with a whip and throws over tables saying GFTO

Denounces the leaders of the day both politically and religiously unafraid, too

sounds badass to me while also being in balance with the universe
>>
>>19031822

Dude, those are from medieval europe lol. I'm not going to hold women accountable for how they are portrayed in Cosmopolitan
>>
>>19042514
Thanks for the recommendation
>>
>>19031126
Because they are demons from the beginning of time that are still worshipped today by billions of people? They still walk among us you know?
>>
>>19042661
There's some good info in the wiki.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asura

In there it cites the Vishnu Purana as saying the fued started at the Churning of the Ocean.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samudra_manthan

In the Shiva Purana it states the Asuras drifted away from spiritual regulations, becoming proud, vain, and cruel.

In the Bhagavat Purana, the birth of the Daitya race was from the Prajapati (progenitor) Kasyapa and his wife Diti. She had convinced Kasyapa to have sex with her at an inauspicious time and conceived Hiranyaksha and Hiranyakashipu.

However, the Bhagavatam also states this was foreordained, and relates the story of Jay and Vijay, the gatekeepers of Vaikuntha who were cursed to become enemies of God three times.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaya-Vijaya

As for why they "currently" hate each other, it's that the Devas have all the good stuff and the Asuras keep overthrowing the Devas and taking their stuff, only to have Vishnu intercede and get it back in some way.

As for the origin of the feud (and it is a blood fued - the Devas are descended from Aditi, the sister and co-wife of Diti), it seems Krishna caused it entirely to create interesting events for the Puranas to write about (and so He could have some cool fights with demons).
>>
>>19040584
Prabhava-prakasa. Does that explain this pic?>>19031330 with all those same looking chicks?
>>
File: Krishna-loka-large.jpg (3MB, 3619x5467px) Image search: [Google]
Krishna-loka-large.jpg
3MB, 3619x5467px
>>19043376
The gopis can be considered expansions of Sri Radha, and certainly I would say Sri Radha could have prabhava-prakasa avatars. However I don't think I've read of Radharani doing such a thing. I think that is more artist limitation.

Svayam means "personal, yourself, by one's own accord." So the svayam-rupa is "the form Krishna takes of His own accord; with everything else aside, this is Krishna simply enjoying Himself." From there, the expansions/manifestations/prakasa are of two types: prabhava that looks exactly the same, and vaibhava that have differences. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bhava) Lord Balarama is the first vaibhava-prakasa, who is exactly Krishna but has a white complexion, different paraphernalia, and often has a contrarian yet still loyal attitude toward Krishna's plans. The chart's referring to when Krishna expands as different people:

> SB 10.13.19 — By His Vāsudeva feature, Kṛṣṇa simultaneously expanded Himself into the exact number of missing cowherd boys and calves, with their exact bodily features, their particular types of hands, legs and other limbs, their sticks, bugles and flutes, their lunch bags, their particular types of dress and ornaments placed in various ways, their names, ages and forms, and their special activities and characteristics. By expanding Himself in this way, beautiful Kṛṣṇa proved the statement samagra-jagad viṣṇumayam: “Lord Viṣṇu is all-pervading.”

compared to as the same person:

>SB 10.69.23 — This time Nāradajī saw that Lord Kṛṣṇa was engaged as an affectionate father petting His small children. From there he entered another palace and saw Lord Kṛṣṇa preparing to take His bath.
> SB 10.69.41 — Śukadeva Gosvāmī said: Thus in every palace Nārada saw the Lord in His same personal form, executing the transcendental principles of religion that purify those engaged in household affairs.
>>
>>19042318
>If its dumbing down I think it might be working
kek
>>
>>19031126
They're fucking beautiful each and every one, ya pussy!
>>
Like any thoughtform, their power depends on how many people believe in them. India has alot of people. Heres a fun fact, they are not of indian origin. Aryans coming from ???? Took over india and imposed their religion.

AnYways, my very first religious experience was when vishnu drops out the sky yelling vishnuuuuu in all his 20 foot tall 12 armed glory. I was humbled.

Also krishna was one of my spirit guides. He was cool, roll into battle with no holding back. God of love my ass. God of war.
>>
Hindu gods are just people with extra body parts and weird skin colors. For some reason I've always considered Egyptian gods to be kind of unsettling, even though they're comparatively much closer to Greco-Roman tradition, which nobody finds unsettling at all. Like it's weird to imagine how those animal people would've been envisioned as walking and speaking and shit.

>>19031330
Why are there macaws in the tree? I thought macaws were from South America.
>>
Only thing that ever scares me about them is seeing the statues in large bodies of water. It makes everything much more sinister than they already were. Double that fear if they are much larger than regular buildings.
>>
>>19031126
because they are fucking demons !
Hinduism is NOT a peaceful religion
they are worshiping demons in a way so they can use them, control them.
it's like taming a wild snake so it can help you with your mice problem
Lurk more
>>
File: kali-heidi.jpg (98KB, 420x300px) Image search: [Google]
kali-heidi.jpg
98KB, 420x300px
>>19045999
THIS.

Religion is a demonic construct and Hindus are the most blatant and obvious case. See this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_iEPbmpuxk&t=1s
>>
File: parrots_poster.jpg (1MB, 3504x2204px) Image search: [Google]
parrots_poster.jpg
1MB, 3504x2204px
>>19045808
>Why are there macaws in the tree?
Likely because that's the visual of a parrot the artist conceived. Sri Radharani has pet parrots, as mentioned in the Ananda Vrndavana Campu by Kavi Karnapura. The parrots mentioned therein are probably more like those in pic. Sorry I couldn't find one of all the species that isn't about animal trafficking.

>>19045999
>it's like taming a wild snake so it can help you with your mice problem
Even if that were true, how is that a bad thing? If there are wild snakes, and one group gets very frightened and immediately tries to kill the snake, and the other group goes and trains the snake to be helpful - which is being violent?

>>19046021
Hebrew is an Afro-asiatic language, not an Indo-European one. It doesn't have any roots in Sanskrit.
>>
>>19046322
>Hebrew is an Afro-asiatic language, not an Indo-European one. It doesn't have any roots in Sanskrit.

No , if you believe in older myths (Atlantis, Jews came from atlantis->scotland in the first post flood migrations etc)
>>
>>19046345
If you want to show a mythical source, then do so. The video did not attempt this. Instead, they tried to compare similar sounding words in very different languages, which is silly.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_cognate
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_friend
>>
>>19042127
whatever the fuck you say pajeet
who is an indian, pretending to be white
>>
>>19031512
Finally someone who shares my sentiment.
Hands and feet look so fucking unnatural it's not even funny.
>>
>>19046647
not that anon.
I'm ok looking at hands if i don't think too hard. feet just look like mutated hands to me 24/7 though.
>>
>>19043562
This shits pretty interesting. I checked a few YouTube videos and I'm wonder if you can recommend a good book or something as an introduction. I'm not in it for religion really I just find these stories and shit interesting.
>>
>>19046785
I would recommend the epic poems Mahabharata and Ramayana. There are retellings in the Vedabase, but other translations should be easy enough to find online or in stores.
https://www.vedabase.com/en/mbk
https://www.vedabase.com/en/rkd
>>
I feel the same way. Hinduism is partially derived from Paganism. Pagan gods are demonic in nature, so the fear is fairly natural.
>>
>>19046659
feet are just as natural as hands, what the fuck are you saying
>>
>>19031126
I got bitchslapped by vishnu once when I was right baked, don't fuck with em'
>>
>>19038473
>the original females
go on...
>>
>>19046893
natural, sure. good looking? no.
when I look at the physiology of hands and compare feet to them and see obvious parallels i find it weird. they look like grotesque meat blob versions of hands imo. most likely because i look at hands all day long and barely see feet.
>>
>>19046871
>Hinduism is partially derived from Paganism. Pagan gods are demonic in nature, so the fear is fairly natural.
...............................wut
I can only hope you are trolling.
>>
>>19031608
I really like that jaws of a tiger analogy.
>>
>>19031239
>Quick we need to think of a way to keep demons and evil away from the church!
>I'll get the crucifixes and holy water!
>Hark! We'll use evil evil demon ass looking statues to keep evil demons away!

Wouldn't that attract more demons? If I see group of white people I'm more inclined to go hang out with them than a group of black people because I'm white.
>>
>>19047387
Its actually to remind the Angels that this church actually worships Jesus/Satan
>>
>>19031454
Hindu rpg would be amazing
>6 arms
>huge sky boss
>magic

I would play the shit out of it
>>
>>19047954
Always thought Vedic mythology was an untapped well for Western entertainment. Imagine switching between the five Pandavas and fighting the battle of Kurukshetra a la Dynasty Warriors. Or an arrow-based FPS where you play as Rama searching and fighting across India and Sri Lanka for your kidnapped Sita. Mantra-infused arrows and monkey and naga factions and powerful demigod side-quests and the like.
>>
>>19031126
Better question, why do they look like murikans?
>>
>>19048066
Do you practice deity worship whether in a temple or a a home altar? Would like to propitiate Nitai gaur deities soon.
>>
>>19048174
I have a small altar with pictures to offer food to and perform arati, but I do not have any deities. The nearest temple is difficult for me to get to, but I make the effort for the particularly auspicious days like Guar Purnima, Jahnmastami, or Diwali.
>>
>>19031126
Is that the patron saint of Detroit?
>>
>>19048392
Have you considered taking harinam initiation?
>>
>>19031844
I have the same book (on spanish though). Really good to start learning sanskrit
>>
>>19048607
Wasn't taken from a book
>>
>>19048489
I was on the path to initiation, but I felt hypocritical. Even during my most diligent practice I was inconstant, and unmotivated to improve. If I were to ask for initiation, I know who I would ask. However, I don't think it will happen in this life. I have attraction for Krishna, I love considering the philosophy, and delving into and learning the stories like I used to with comic lore excites the nerd in me. At the same time, my habits and qualities are almost entirely tamasic. I cannot summon the audacity to ask a guru to shoulder my burden until I sincerely feel the desire to advance.

I would have chosen Ajamil to namefag under, but no one would get the reference. :)
>>
>>19048703
One different approach in our sangas is that harinam is not a finalized or end goal, rather it is considered the first step toward entering bhakti as described in sastras such as nectar devotion. Your own endeavors will only take you so far - simply through association with a pure devotee you can get the mercy of krishna regardless of previous qualification or aparadh.
>>
>>19048716
>harinam is not a finalized or end goal, rather it is considered the first step toward entering bhakti as described in sastras
I agree, I think. Or perhaps I would say harinam is not a step at all, but a constant presence throughout the steps. People are given the mahamantra without regard to their acceptance or rejection. Japa meditation is suggested before harinam initiation is considered. I see it like instructing someone to swim: there is simply an understanding that water will be involved, from the first basics to the advanced mastery. Do you agree?

>simply through association with a pure devotee you can get the mercy of krishna regardless of previous qualification or aparadh
It is not qualification I fear, but abuse. Initiation is a commitment and vow I don't think I can uphold.
>>
>>19048905
From what I understand harinam is not not a commitment but rather an opportunity to hear the mantra from the lips of a living sadhu. Further initiation such as diksha would be more akin to what you are describing such as following the regulative principles, chanting gayatri and 16 rounds etc. From a Gaudiya Math perspective (specifically in international pure bhakti yoga society) you would be illegible without question.
>>
>>19048944
Eligible, my mistake
>>
>>19048066
>monkey and naga
nordics vs reptilians?
>>
>>19046647
that's just because yours are webbed
>>
File: richmanlaz3.png (1MB, 1626x858px) Image search: [Google]
richmanlaz3.png
1MB, 1626x858px
>>19035978
>In one legend a band of thieves attempted to make a human sacrifice to her, offering a Brahmin monk, and you know what she did? The image they prayed to came to life and slaughtered the thieves.
>It's hard, after seeing her as a protector and mother, to view her as unsettling. I mean, I guess I get why people find Kali scary, though.

That story about Kali reminds me of the gospels...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pGzqd_2_jA
>>
>>19032172
He SAID Christian God, not a general classification of supreme being which you're saying is wrong to even begin to classify due to it's great height, wide and length so to speak which we supposedly cannot grasp. Also really? Really?

>"god" itself is a dirty word and gives you the illusion of having any sort of invocation power over god

Regarding the Christian God in Christianity the Jesus character is a character of love, a God that chooses to help people who truly repent and you perhaps think God becomes the sinners captive yes when they repent and call out to him or no? That's in no way imprisoning God though. In Christian dogmatics God is supreme, doesn't need humans for continued existence but rather chooses to help people. Also you're objectively wrong by saying there's no such thing a just "god." What a big sin it is for people to give attributes to God(s), haha yes? And all because it doesn't fly along with your narrative.
>>
>>19031208
My what a post
>>
File: hebeeagle.jpg (66KB, 716x769px) Image search: [Google]
hebeeagle.jpg
66KB, 716x769px
>>19045808
>though they're comparatively much closer to Greco-Roman tradition, which nobody finds unsettling at all.

Maybe you don't understand the concept of a god...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpWkmXrpbrc
>>
>>19042911
I'm not saying he doesn't do some cool stuff, but he doesn't level cities and strike down his enemies with Lovecraftian wrath from on high.
>>
>>19035422
His dick
> Literally
>>
>>19040570
>>19038429
>>19038437
>>19038441
>>19035567
>>19035037
>>19032016
>>19031330
But why is fifth person blue?
>>
The reason why the Hindu gods are scary is because it's the dirty smells that come from Indians causes hallucinations and fucks with the brain
>>
>>19050421
>blue
it is actually to denote his dark skin color.

yes, aryans had a dark skinned god.

>WE WUZ GODS
>>
>>19050421
It's supposed to denote their spiritual attainment or something.
they got real awesome so now they just sort of glow blue or something.
>>
>>19050450
So like a Super Saiyan God Mode?
>>
>>19050457
Basically, yea.
>>
File: 1494954249100.png (647KB, 678x618px) Image search: [Google]
1494954249100.png
647KB, 678x618px
>>19047954
It already exists. Its called Shin Megami Tensei Digital Devil Saga.
>>
File: coight_is_not_amused.jpg (27KB, 591x448px) Image search: [Google]
coight_is_not_amused.jpg
27KB, 591x448px
>>19031179
>he doesn't into hands
I bet you're anti-skub, too.
>>
>>19031608
>What indicates that Krishna is ingratiating to an annoying degree? Or did you not know what smarmy meant?
he said he "looks" smarmy you fuck can't you read
>>
>>19031464
People will worship anything you put in from of them. If they dont inderstand it
>>
>>19047954
Well-
>>19050797
...Though not an RPG, there's this game that's relatively based on such mythology called Asura's Wrath.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=028l0qKEOh0
^
That's the first actual boss of the game, by the way...
https://youtu.be/654fHUh9sN4?t=2m41s
And that's the last boss.
>>
>>19032016
And she knows you lol stupid humans.
No god is bigger than yourself
>>
File: bali_229.jpg (200KB, 686x1024px) Image search: [Google]
bali_229.jpg
200KB, 686x1024px
>>19031126

Hindu gods are cool as fuck though. The stuff out of Bali is the unsettling camp.
>>
>>19042495
Yep, those are the four denominations of Hinduism. Vaishnavism which worships Vishnu or one of his avatars as the supreme. Shaivites who worship Shiva in the form of the lignam as the supreme. Shaktism which worships form of the Goddess/Shakti as the supreme (usually a form of Shiva's consort) and Smarta, which allows every adherent to choose which ever personal form of god that most appeals to them and worship it with the understanding that it is just one of the many different forms that the Supreme reality may be imagined while knowing that no personal form is greater than the other. Smarta follows Advaita Vedanta philosophy and is usually what westerners think of when they think of Hinduism. Advaita says that the ultimate reality is Nirguna Brahman and that everything is ultimately one with Nirguna Brahman. Because we are currently ignorant of this ultimate reality as we are subject to Maya, we can pray/worship to god as a personal form which is Sirguna Brahman. So long as we are unaware of Nirguna Brahman (impersonal/formless reality) it is wrong to dismiss the Sirguna Brahan (god with form/personality), but ultimately Sirguna Brahman is just as much an illusion of the ultimate reality as our inidividual sense of reality/ego.
>>
>>19050946
is that hr pufnstuf?
>>
>>19051366
>Though not an RPG
>>
>>19051370
I just woke up so I read that wrong.
>>
>>19031966
Christ fag detected, enjoy praying to the pagan god that ate all the others in his pantheon and then said he was the only one.
>>
>>19051739
Certainly a God to be feared if so then.
>>
File: lord shiva narjana.jpg (7KB, 198x254px) Image search: [Google]
lord shiva narjana.jpg
7KB, 198x254px
>>19035123
It's not that simple or literal. I've had visions during my deepest meditations. I've "seen" the wheel of Dharma in that I imagined/was shown it as a physical symbol and then felt the accompanying realization of "Woah, that's Maya." It was as clear a thought as "Woah, that's a dog."
>>
File: IMG_2870.jpg (88KB, 745x559px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2870.jpg
88KB, 745x559px
>>
File: Kali_by_Raja_Ravi_Varma.jpg (86KB, 394x549px) Image search: [Google]
Kali_by_Raja_Ravi_Varma.jpg
86KB, 394x549px
>>19035978
The best anecdote I've heard to describe the nature of Kali is that you imagine a beautiful black woman standing alone in the desert. She reaches down into the sand and pulls up you, a child. You suckle at her breast and you know she loves you like no other. You look up at her face as it opens wide and devours you whole.

It's among the most potent metaphors I've heard for the nature of Life and Death, even if you don't believe in Kali.
>>
>>19045069
This.
>>
>>19050421
To add on. Blue, is actually a very rare occurring color in nature. The sky isn't really blue. This is rather proven when the sun sets and you see no color.
>>
>>19031522
Do you have any idea how long it took for chistian god to destroy sodom n ghomorrha?
>>
>>19035055
shut up you huge roleplaying fucking faggot I swear you all sound the same
>>
File: 1494975297227.jpg (66KB, 500x602px) Image search: [Google]
1494975297227.jpg
66KB, 500x602px
>>19035055
ive experienced that brain fuck up where your time gets distorted to a single point.

yep, its neato. doesnt do jack shit in this world though, its nothing special really, everyone is gonna feel it. you might as well be bragging you saw star wars a day early. big fucking whoop.
>>
>>19035592
>Shiva
>brown

laughing_esoteric_nazi.jpg

Nice try shlomo, but the proto-indo europeans / original aryans weren't brown
>>
>>19031208
not sure I understand
>>
>>19031454
watch Asura vs Augus, the most epic fight ever
>>
>>19031126
the multiple arms are kinda creepy but they mostly look cool
>>
>>19052267
Is Kali a mother or a mother figure in any way?
>>
>>19056163
I believe so. In fact, she's very much a sort of "Mama Bear" kind of deity. Violently protective of her worshipers.
>>
>>19056163
She's The Mother.
>>
>>19056192
>>19056183
goddamnit i can't get down with a procreator

oh well
>>
File: cool guy.jpg (246KB, 810x608px) Image search: [Google]
cool guy.jpg
246KB, 810x608px
>>19033733
Is there a bigger badass in all mythology than Hiranyakashipu?
>meditated for millenia on top of a termite's nest
>coaxed Brahma into giving him effective immortality
>cannot be killed by any of Brahma's creations
>it took a specially designed incarnation of the literal omnipotent God to take him down
>turns out he was friends with Vishnu this entire time
>>
>>19056740
This prabhu knows whats up. Ravana is pretty cool too.
>>
>>19035978
so basically don't do bad things and she won't release her rage on you.

I can live with that
Thread posts: 275
Thread images: 49

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.