[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The news is reporting that a South Carolina teen with no pre

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 0001200071262_A.jpg (28KB, 380x380px) Image search: [Google]
0001200071262_A.jpg
28KB, 380x380px
The news is reporting that a South Carolina teen with no pre-existing conditions died from drinking a latte, an energy drink, and a diet soda too close together
http://myfox8.com/2017/05/15/south-carolina-high-school-student-dies-after-drinking-too-much-caffeine/
>>
Not impossible. However it would be hard to say without knowing exactly how much caffeine was ingested. Typically around 800mg and you start running health risks. There's about 160mg in a 16oz energy drunk and about 50mg in a 12oz can of soda, and I doubt the latte had 600 or so mg of caffeine. But again, hard to say without knowing everything
>>
>>19017524
If I'd known suicide was that easy I'd be chugging 24/7
>>
What a pussy
The laughing stock of the afterlife right now
>>
File: Tech-Monster.jpg (69KB, 480x476px) Image search: [Google]
Tech-Monster.jpg
69KB, 480x476px
>>19017524
Obviously not a gamerfag.
>>
>>19017524
The kid didn't sip. He chugged them all.
>>
>when Mormons say fug it all
>>
Now I know how to kill myself.
>>
>>19017566
Could have had an undiagnosed heart condition. Happens sometimes, kid playing basketball or football just dies in the middle of a game of a heart attack.

I work a night shift job and we drink a lot of coffee and red bulls and shit. Guy I worked with dropped dead one day when he got home, turned out he had a heart condition he didn't know about and he just had too many Monsters that night...he was only 31 and in good shape. Shit happens.
>>
>>19018967
This. Also know someone who ended up in a psych ward because of monster. Pre existing insanity.
>>
>>19018943
kek, sad though
>>
Lots of teens die from undiagnosed heart conditions.

Reason being that most teens don't get examined for heart conditions.

Also that's not even a lot of caffeine. I drink more every day. And shit, a latte has less caffeine than cup of coffee.

This is just scare mongering and clickbaiting.
>>
Why would you think this belongs on /x/ ? Not talking shit or anything just wondering if I'm missing something.
>>
I'm mostly an idiot and this is purely armchair diagnosis, but I agree with the unknown heart condition thing even tho the coroner doesn't mention it.
That's a lot of caffeine, sure, but I know I've ingested way more than that and I'm sure it's relatively common. Granted I'm older but I did the same thing when I was his age when studying/playing vidya/etc.

Other than that it's a good idea to spread the word that caffeine isn't harmless in high doses but I'm pretty certain that's common sense.
>>
>>19020125
I figured it might fit since it's a weird death that might involve mysterious illness or conspiracies.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.