[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be me >roman catholic >age 17 >take LSD for the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7

File: dante god.jpg (19KB, 259x300px) Image search: [Google]
dante god.jpg
19KB, 259x300px
>be me
>roman catholic
>age 17
>take LSD for the first time
>decide over the next few days that God doesn't exist
>"great, one less thing to worry about"
>go to college
>experience near suicidal depression, despite decent grades etc.
>take 25i-nbome
>roommate plays Bach
>I'd heard him before, but never appreciated his music until now
>continue feeling suicidal, but continue on because Bach is so beautiful
>fast forward 3 years
>just graduated college
>starting to think God might exist
>suicide seems impossible

Can any of you /x/ people help me interpret this sequence of events? You seem like the best people to ask.
>>
When people write such important events in this very little kind of text they're usually mere lies.
>>
File: IMG_0193.jpg (125KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0193.jpg
125KB, 480x640px
Come back home, anon.
>>
>>19017398
OP here. Not lies at all, any way I can convince you? I can see how a creative person could come up with such a sequence of events, now that you point it out.
>>
>>19017398
Which is a very scary thing to consider, because then we need to wonder why OP is asking about these kinds of things.
>>
>>19017398
>not considering that the story was shortened for the sake of us anons

are you mentally handicapped?
>>
>>19017393
one of the purposes of religion is to simultaneously make people feel ok towards death (concept of heaven, "god will take care of me") and also fear death or not want to die (god creates such beauty, why would i want to leave? i am taken care of right here on earth)
your experience is not unusual, OP. many people come out of depression and suicidal thoughts by converting. especially if you also join a church. a lot of depression comes partially from being lonely, and a church is a large community of ostensibly all-loving and all-accepting people so long as you believe in the big man upstairs
>>
a little bitch that wanna kill him self when theres no god but dosnt when he thinks there is.
>>
File: a christian life.png (239KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
a christian life.png
239KB, 600x600px
>>19017412
Laughed at this. Can you elaborate? Are you an atheist? If so, have you encountered suicidal tendencies? Have you encountered tragedy? If so, what? And how did you overcome? Not trying to undermine your position at all, I'm not 100% sold on God/Christ yet.
>>
>>19017433
Not OP but I was in a similar situation as far as the suicidal depression goes.

Long story short I drank ayahuasca with a very close friend I confided my issues to, and my experience made be believe in a higher power. I felt connected to the place we come from before birth and return to after we die.

I don't believe in a heaven or hell, but after my experience I definitely believe there is something higher than ourselves that connects us all and is intrinsically a part of all human beings.

Modern religion is a means of control, but if you strip away the details, the core meaning behind all religion is all the same. Be happy, allow others to be happy, humble yourself, and accept there are things we will never truly understand in our human bodies. It'll be okay, anon.
>>
>>19017393
Okay. You've gone through what every Tom dick and Harry on the planet has. Christianity to New age enlightenment, to depression to suicide to God again. It's literally what every asshole on the planet goes through, in order.
>>
>>19017633
Why are you so mad, friend?

You should be glad you aren't alone. We are here with you anon.
>>
>>19017393
but god you believe now so different from pre-atheist, isnt it?
this things are not rare but maybe for your environment.
>>
>>19017726
*pre-atheism
>>
>>19017393
Why would you become religious from these events? I don't see any connection between them and a god existing or not.
>>
>>19017393

My company is making a documentary about Zuzana Ruzickova, a holocaust survivor who recorded all of Bach's harpsichord works, and she speaks at great length about the Godly quality of Bach's music- how he implies a sense of order above us.

"She quite often says that it was music by Bach that kept her alive." - Ales Brezina
"You always feel in his music that God is present somehow" -Zuzana Ruzickova

Check out the doc when it comes out. zuzanathemovie.com

You're ok anon. Bach helped Zuzana Ruzickova through two of the most trying times in recent European history (she also lived through the communist occupation of Prague).
>>
>>19017393
You were depressed because college is hard and chugs dick unless you waste it at a party school. Fairly confident the hallucinogens and religion were largely unrelated.
>>
>>19017393

>LSD
>Sucidal thoughts

That's normal, some of the drawbacks gives you exactly months of fucking bullshit depression

That's how they pull you back to drugs, anon
>>
>>19017393
Your pre-LSD interpretation of God was shallow, as were your reasons for abandoning your faith.
>>
File: 1249ab8f3c2f4216b7ed32e83eca91a6.jpg (201KB, 736x1211px) Image search: [Google]
1249ab8f3c2f4216b7ed32e83eca91a6.jpg
201KB, 736x1211px
Weird, the only really powerful religious experience I've ever had was when I was 17, tripping on mushrooms during a blizzard while listening to Ave Maria. I had a vision which I later found to be oddly similar to ones reported by religious mystics of the last several millennia, most strikingly Heaven as surrounded by a 'sea of glass' like in the book of Revelation.
>>
>>19017393
Take a heroic dose of LSD, enough to destroy your own ego. Use that state of mind to better understand why you believe/don't believe. When there is no ego your subconscious will feed you the answers you seek.

Disclaimer: if you have a bad trip here it will become a nightmare that you can't wake up from.
>>
shouldnt have done that 25-i boyo it'll fuck you up in the head, unlike pure lsd
>t. took too much 25-i and cant see black anymore
>>
The communist kikes control the colleges now, that is the cause of your depression.
Bach was a master of the traditions of the minnesanger, and his music inspires the Hyperborean spirit.
>>
>>19018143
>destroy ego
If LSD destroys your ego, it was false to begin with. I've taken around 10mg (yes milligrams not micrograms) and my ego was only stronger and truer to myself coming out of it. You must seek truth in all things, and align all three parts of the soul.
>>
>>19017393
you had a crisis and your biased tought now tell you that maybe a god exists. i respect your point of view, but for me it was a coincidence.
i`m a clinical psychologist btw
>>
>>19018592
hell yeah nazi frog
>>
>>19017393
It's not your perspective of God that's changing, but rather what you mean by the word "exist."

God is just a reference point by which a person measures their beliefs against the world they exist in. By definition, God's existence never changes--whether you think that probability is 0 or 1--but those beliefs about of a world which are visible to a person in that world do change, with or without LSD.
>>
>>19017393
Your nihilism got cucked by the thing called the beauty of life.
>>
>>19017393
YOU HAVE TO COME BACK THE WEST NEEDS ITS CHILDREN BACK
DON'T REJECT THE PASSION OF YOUR FOREFATHERS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1-TrAvp_xs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4FV1XIordQ
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.