[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So recently I have taken an interest in Celtic Paganism and discovered

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 15

File: wpid-facebook_-3790804.jpg (44KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
wpid-facebook_-3790804.jpg
44KB, 500x500px
So recently I have taken an interest in Celtic Paganism and discovered Cernunnos. Or maybe the Horned God revealed Himself to me. The more I read about Him, the more I realize how closely aligned with this particular deity I am.

My research lacks intimacy and direction, however, and I am looking for solid information regarding his aspects, domains, rituals, and what it means to follow His path. Any help to get me started on true worship and observance of His rites would be greatly appreciated, as well as any additional sources of information regarding Cernunnos/Pan.

It should also be noted that I do not believe that mortals can use or even channel magic. Cernunnos seems a very practical deity to me, as he rules over earthly knowledge and the hunt.
>>
>>19015840
Looks like the Green Man
>>
>>19015857
If i'm not mistaken, the "Green Man" is an aspect of Cernunnos.
>>
Poor Swamp Thing caught herpes.
>>
File: 1494578133712.jpg (111KB, 680x979px) Image search: [Google]
1494578133712.jpg
111KB, 680x979px
>>19015899
Kek speaks here
>>
>>19015840
>Unironically worshiping dirt rather than the infinite YHVH
>>
File: 572px-TheChiefDruid.png (333KB, 572x768px) Image search: [Google]
572px-TheChiefDruid.png
333KB, 572x768px
>>19015840
>tfw you will never be one with nature
>tfw you will never be a wise man living in the woods offering wisdom to those who seek it
>>
>>19015840

Pagans belong on a cross.
>>
>>19015955
>unironically worshipping a God shared by kikes and goat-fuckers

>>19015982
So are we all shitposting tonight or could i maybe get some recommended reading?
>>
>>19015990
Good luck m8, outside of new age paganism there's not much reading material out there for Celtic stuff.
>>
>>19015840
Follow Wicca, otherwise known as the craft. He is a good deity and also the god of death. There is a duality, so expect things to be complex. If he has truly chosen you he should reveal himself in nature somehow. Keep our eyes peeled.
>>
>>19015983
Romans deserve to be beaten to death by a naked man covered in blue paint.
>>
>>19016002
Thanks for the tip. I'll take a peek into Wicca.
>>
>>19016018
Wicca will waste time. Look into Reconstructionist Celtic Paganism.
>>
>>19015997
So i've noticed. I just wish I knew where to start researching Cernunnos more deeply, where to look, who to ask. I have always been turned off by neo-pagans as exclusively feminine. Thats why Cernunnos called to me so much, I think. I had mever read about him before, as the other half to a duality usually only hinted at before expounding on the Goddess.
>>
>>19016036
Thanks for that!
>>
>>19016041
Cernunnos is not the god, The Allfather and the Mother Goddess are the central points. Women have incredible importance as they are the bringers of life and love. If you can't worship women, I am afraid Cernunnos is going to work you to the bone until you release that fear and pride. Even he has his goddess.
>>
>>19016063
I can worship the divine feminine, but not solely. I love female energy and sexuality. I think you misinterpreted what I said as that I could not worship the feminine aspect, but rather what I meant was that I felt the masculine was not expounded on like the goddess. Cernunnos is the All-Father, and I didn't even know that existed. It really opened me up to being willing to practice.
>>
>>19016063
Maybe you are right though, about the pride. But i recognize the duality in all things, and modern pagan practice seems biased towards the feminine.
>>
>>19015840
i dont know much about this deity but i do you should come at it like the two of you are equals. he'll give more insight....but dont even change that dynamic, ends bad
>>
>>19016093
Dagda is the Allfather you fop lol.
I just told you.
>>
>>19016132
My mistake. Like I said, my interest in celtic paganism and the reading is sparse and sometimes convoluted. I must have gotten mixed up somewhere.
>>
>>19016171
no biggie, that's what we're here for.
>>
>>19015840
Cernunnos isn't necessarily a God with history to him. He comes from a Roman era piece of celtic stone carving and there are no other records of him. All information on Cernunnos is inference, as far as I know. We do not even know what "Cernunnos" means or if it's even a name. Stag horns were a sign of kingship among Celts, that is all I can offer.
>>
>>19015990

Wiccans usually view Cernunnos as an aspect of their Horned God deity.

Cernunnos is a deity that not much is known about, except for some Roman-era inscriptions. He is thought to be a very old deity/concept. That is why he appeals to wiccans - he has a lot of archetypal symbolism, uncomplicated by a long, well-documented history of specific styles of worship.

As for references on actual, historic Celtic Paganism, give these a try:

Celtic Myths and Legends by Peter Bereford Ellis

Celtic Gods and Heroes by Marie-Louise Sjoestedt

Kindling The Celtic Spirit by Mara Freeman

If you are looking for something more in line with neopaganism you might want to try

By Oak, Ash, and Thorn by D.J. Conway

and

In Search of Herne The Hunter by Eric L. Fitch

Good luck, anon.
>>
File: Midir-Etain.jpg (36KB, 350x511px) Image search: [Google]
Midir-Etain.jpg
36KB, 350x511px
>>19016171
You are absolutely right that they are mixed up and convoluted. I can tell you straight up that, for example, Etain and Midir hooked up.
Yet in some texts she is married to other gods, but that is untrue, after her reincarnation she was married with a mortal man and then returned with Midir.

Etain will take the shape of a butterfly or a swan, proving the truth of these claims. Once you become more intertwined within the faith she should appear playfully around you.

And continuing with Cernunnos, he is used heavily in curses, but also in fertility and fortune spells. Just be wary of some who promote human sacrifice. There are better ways to raise energy than that and I am unsure as to whether or not Cernunnos accepts them willingly. So be careful.
>>
>>19016098
THIS
fucking THIS
This is why i don't identify as wiccan
>>
>>19016341
I don't think i'll be making any human sacrifices haha. Thanks for clearing some things up for me. Definitely provided me with some new information as well, which I greatly appreciate.

>>19016340
Wow, thank you for the reading list, bud.
>>
>>19015840
Hi Op, I've been reading into Wicca a bit for the past few months. I'll try to help with a few tidbits of info.

Wicca was created in the early 50s by Gerald Gardner, although they didn't call it that back then. He is referred to as the father of Wicca. It has no central text however there are a few that are considered go to books such as books by Raymond Buckland and Scott Cunningham.

Both Gardner and Cunningham were of the belief that there was a god similar to Brahman or the Tao. There is very little mention of it though as it's considered to be unknowable. In Wicca you can work with any gods or goddesses you like, but it's important to remember that they are all aspects of the Triple Goddess and the God (or Horned God). It got leaked that Cernunnos and Isis were the forms of the Lord and Lady that Gardner chose for his coven and he changed them.

The Wiccan calendar follows the seasons with the major Sabbats and minor sabbats. Think of it as though you were a farmer living in the country before written word or religion existed. Its a little too much to explain in this post but it's a tale of love between the lord and lady. I'm sure other anons will add bits or correct me.

I would suggest starting with the black and green book by Scott Cunningham. After that you'll know if it's the path for you.

As another anon mentioned above there are a very small few feminists that worship the goddess in higher regard. You probably won't come across them though and if you do just ignore them, the world literally cannot spin without the two equal forces so I have no idea why they favour one.
Also I'm not sure what the anons above were mentioning with blood sacrifice but I read recently that salt is used in place of blood, similar to the flower language of adding "toad eyes" to your cauldron.
Feel free to correct me anons, like I said only new to Wicca.
>>
paganism is just fascism anon. pagan traditions were, the strongest, smartest and most beautiful in a tribe would be given the responsibility of embodying various deities which represented natural forces.

you should think of the pantheon of gods as characters you play in order to keep traditions alive and ensure the survival and prosperity of your people.

sadly the new age movement has completely ruined original paganism, with some weird hippy cult shit. the elites still worship pagan traditions, and a lot of christian holidays are just rewritten pagan ones with jewish inserts.

the real pagan truth is that not all people are created equal, and you need some kind of barbarian mindset of strength is right, but with strength you also need a code of honor so that you don't become a tyrant praying on weak people.
>>
>>19016936
Sorry Op, I should be more clear. The unknowable God isn't mentioned much, if at all, in certain traditions because it's not relevant. The Goddess (triple goddess, maiden, mother and crone, Mother Earth, Moon) and God (horned God, Sun), that is the cosmic dance that affected the lives of ancient people.

Also Esbats are important too, especially to the witchcraft side of things.
>>
The last thing I would like to share is that the true central gods are Dagda and Danu.
Everything starts from there. Remember that rituals are not unbreakable. The world of magick is like an open source experiment.
>>
>>19016969
Both Gardner and Cunningham were of the belief that they are all aspects of the Triple Goddess and the God (or Horned God). Think of it as though you were a farmer living in the country before written word or religion existed.

In Wicca you can work with any gods or goddesses you like, the Wiccan calendar follows the seasons with the major Sabbats and minor sabbats. Cernunnos and Isis were the forms of the Lord and Lady that Gardner chose for his coven and he changed them. You probably won't come across them though and if you do just ignore them.

Its a little too much to explain in this post but it's a tale of love between the lord and lady.
>>
>>19015990
>Unironically believing that YHVH and the desert dog's moon-god are the same being
>>
File: 1494579532328.gif (141KB, 300x420px) Image search: [Google]
1494579532328.gif
141KB, 300x420px
>>19017122
Get the fuck out of here christcuck nobody thinks you are clever with your dumb ass greentext bullshit and kike sheep god
>>
File: Voynich_Manuscript_(32)(1).jpg (294KB, 1143x1536px) Image search: [Google]
Voynich_Manuscript_(32)(1).jpg
294KB, 1143x1536px
no one will solve this
>>
>>19017220
Viynich Manuscript need not apply
>>
>>19015983
go and worship your dead kike
>>
>>19015840
>dat pic
Your false idol has genital fungus
>>
>>19016045
Don't listen to either of them. The Celtic gods weren't worshipped, so much as revered. If you've chosen Cernunnos, or he has chosen you, then your path is one of balance. In all things. Balance is nature on a grand scale. Celtic Reconstruction combines too many different aspects - they're trying to pick up the pieces to rebuild more than spiritual beliefs, and a lot gets lost in translation.

And again, for fuck's sake, don't bother with Wicca. They are children dipping their feet into a pond and claiming to be able to swim. Bastardization will accomplish little.
>>
>>19017863
To add on to this, and confirm what some anons are saying: walk with them. Follow only as you need to, but don't expect handouts. If you can't find answers, then you're either looking in the wrong place, or are ignoring a harsher realization. But, that's just another branch of balance.
>>
>>19017868
fyi, Wicca was created by Gardner, Cunningham & Aleister Crowley, who attempted to hijack it into a parody of Christianity, the same way Thelema was his parody of Judaism.
>>
>>19017863
>>19017868
>Not realising that the Horned Man and mother goddess concept was Crowley's attempt to pull a fast one on Gardner
>Not realising this is a clear reference to the Beast 666 and Scarlet Woman
And that's how >>19017874 comes into play. Crowley wanted Wicca to be a Messianic parody of Christianity where he and his wife were praised as the Beast and Scarlet Woman.

It's all well known facts if you actually bothered to study about the Ordo Templi Orientis, instead of LARPing over what you think is Druidism (which died by the time the Matter of Brittain was written).
>>
>>19017886
I didn't say anything about druidism, or Horned Man. You're trying to force an argument and there is none, because the fact remains that Wicca adopted the symbolism that already existed, so it was just a bastardization for whatever purpose Crowley wanted to achieve. But, again, those things have nothing to do with this. Sorry.
>>
>>19017897
>Misconstruing facts as arguments
Nice going, LARPfag. The fact remains that the symbolism didn't already exist until the 50's, created by Gardner and Crowley together, but of course Crowley veiled his intent for it.

You see; you need to study the OTO more and its role in creating Wicca to be able to fully understand and appreciate these facts.
>>
>>19017905
Oh, so we're ignoring history now. That's nice.
I'll leave you to your thoughts. Just try to remember.

OP, try and take what I said to heart. There's a lot more truth to it than most people want to believe. Simple doesn't always mean easy; sometimes it just makes difficult decisions that much worse.
>>
>>19017925
Yes, you really are ignoring the historical facts that Druidism died a long time ago and so much of it has been repressed over the course of 1500 years, that it's obvious that most of the symbolism behind sparce archaeological discoveries has been fabricated.

If you want further proof of it, my highly-uneducated friend, read Crowley's Book of Lies.
>>
Just believe in them, read upon the battles, read the ulster cycle, get a good feel for things.
This is actual history, don't let some bullshit get in the way. Cernunnos most likely has considered you worthy to learn about his people.
>>
>>19015982

>Implying you are one with nature.
>Implying you can never aspire to be that wise man living in the woods
>>
>>19015861
>>19015857
The Green Man is ANGLO SAXON GERMANIC. He's not a celtic symbol.

The Green Man represents Woden or Ullr
>>
>>19017886
>>19017905
I appreciate the information.

>The fact remains that the symbolism didn't already exist until the 50's

That surprises me because I had thought myself that in many contexts he seemed familiar as the god of abraham.
>>19017925
>>19017863
If that is you then thank you, anon. Regardless of whether or not the deities have been tampered with by contemporaries, my interest in historical Celtic Paganism hasn't diminished and I still have a lot to learn.
>>
The Sidhas of India still teach the old ways of cereNOS, do not forget our indo-cousins! Ans do not fall for the degeneracy of the kike who sexualizes ecerything!
>>
>>19018231
Jews didn't sexualize the lingam or the yoni. Don't blame the kikes for rag-head degeneracy.
>>
>>19018234
>implying they don't have direct, literal, sexual correspondences
>>
>>19018235
>Implying the Jews had anything to do with the rag-heads sexualizing everything
Nice try. The correspondence of the cock and cunt were alive and well in India, long before the Jews started shilling the 6 gorillian.
>>
>>19018294
>implying i'm implying something I am not implying

The lingam and yoni have clear sexual correspondences. Whatever /pol/ autism you have, this is undeniable. Who first realized it is irrelevant, as it is true.

>>>/pol/
you have to go back.
>>
>>19018294
>ragheads sexualizing everything
Well, considering that the Lingam and Yoni are hindu in origin, yes, the first people to conceptualize them were indeed the ones to notice their obvious sexual attributions.

Repression on your part does not constitute tolerance on my part.
>>
I'm not worshiping any god with that tiny mushroom dick
>>
>>19018294

get over yourself they are absolutely related. just because your bizarre prejudices don't allow you to see that doesn't suddenly change the facts

why are you even studying these things if you hate both of the cultures responsible for them?
>>
>>19018324
You are putting your feelings of inadequacy on full display, anon.
>>
>>19018329
>Has information that says Indian culture existed corrupt already, before the Jews
>Still insists that Jewish culture corrupted Indian culture
Clearly, you're not studying hard enough
>>
>>19018376
Where did I say even a single thing you just green texted? youre confusing me with someone else who called you an idiot son
>>
>>19018386
Prove it, idiot son
>>
>>19018401
that was my only post in the thread. I never said anything about Indian culture being corrupted or that Jewish culture corrupted it. I also don't believe either of those statements. So there ya go, "proof" of my personal subjective opinion.
>>
>>19018338
Whatever dude, just saying in order to be a god one should have a huge swinging dong
>>
>>19018423
this is an artists representation. a poor choice at that
>>
File: cernunnosplaquestone.jpg (131KB, 468x550px) Image search: [Google]
cernunnosplaquestone.jpg
131KB, 468x550px
>>19018423
>>19018439
OP here. It's barely even Cernunnos. I just liked the image. I like psilocybin.
>>
>>19017143
Stay buttmad
>>
>>19016018
>Thanks for the tip. I'll take a peek into Wicca.

Wicca is for faggots and feminists.
>>
>>19015840

There is probably more crap written about Cernunnos than any other god. Here is a pretty good reassessment based on the available evidence that you might want to check out.

http://www.ceisiwrserith.com/therest/Cernunnos/cernunnospaper.htm
>>
>>19019069
After >>19017874 and >>19017886
I am not really interested in Wicca

>>19019245
Thanks anon
>>
File: image.jpg (58KB, 860x280px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58KB, 860x280px
LET THE HUNT BEGIN! HA HA HA!!!
>>
>>19017874
Crowley had nothing to do with Wicca, and Thelema is *not* a parody of Judaism. But ok.
>>
>>19017886
Except, again, Crowley literally had nothing to do with the creation of Wicca.
>well known facts
Which is what, some video a sperglord posted on youtube? I'd love to see your citations for all these assertions
>>
File: Cernunnos.jpg (51KB, 477x771px) Image search: [Google]
Cernunnos.jpg
51KB, 477x771px
Cernunnos must be laughing his ass off.
He certainly chose the wrong person haha

>>19019545
>>19019551
precisely
>>
>>19016947
Evola plz go
>>
>>19019545
>Crowley had nothing to do with Wicca

Are you fucking kidding me, son?
>>
File: 1494917171456.jpg (75KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1494917171456.jpg
75KB, 800x800px
>>19019541
>>19019640
>ITT pompous fairy bois larp and argue over gay feminist religion for chubby weird goth girls
>>
File: 1490746299468.jpg (19KB, 409x393px) Image search: [Google]
1490746299468.jpg
19KB, 409x393px
>>19019640
Wiccan cuckboi in denial of the truth, eh?
>>
>>19017220
It's shorthand.
>>
>feminists
>lesbians
>chubby goth girls
>cuckboi

Is it even possible to talk about Wicca without underageb& meming up the thread?
>>
>>19015840
You're going to have a hard ass time doing this, as the only organizations I know who have more than the most basic shit on the various pagan gods are mystery traditions that pretty much universally practice magic, would expect you to participate in the magic, and wouldn't initiate you if you called their magic a blasphemy/ imaginary.
>>
>>19020375
Meme religions deserve meme threads
>>
>>19015840
To know, to dare, to will, to keep silent.
>>
>>19016365
Not just the wiccans, but plenty of secret societies and occult practices since the 1600's
>>
>>19020305
We already know that the OP is a faggot tho
>>
>>19019721
Nope. Crowley Dies in 1947. Gardner ripps off some of Crowley's idea and added a bunch of hippie woowoo to them.
>>
>>19021931
But again, I would love to see the sources for your claims.
>>
OP learn the history of the Celtic gods.

Read Gods and Fighting Men.

Lugh is a god more worthy of respect than your shitty tree man.
>>
>>19023033
This x1000.
He has my respect and his son is the famed Cu Chulain.
He is also half Fomorian and half Danaan.
>>
>>19021662
Can confirm, OP is a faggot.

>Source
>Am OP

>>19023033

Thanks bruv, i'll check em out
Thread posts: 91
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.