[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is meditation worth it? Does it actually do anything of benefit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_5623.jpg (85KB, 1024x586px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5623.jpg
85KB, 1024x586px
Is meditation worth it? Does it actually do anything of benefit? I'm at the point where I'm tired of living. If I don't do anything my situation just becomes worse and I'm being lazy. But If I put effort into anything I don't see a change, even after months of effort, but I can't stop putting effort in or else I'm just a quitter and lazy. At this point I'm not proficient at anything despite trying, but effort is meaningless unless you succeed. So I'm only living for nothing. Would meditation change this at all? Would I be content with life?
>>
Yes, meditation is one of the few things that isn't a meme. It can change your entire life, but remember that it is akin to going to the gym, you may do it a few times and feel it's a waste of time, but you will notice the changes if you keep doing it.
>>
>>19012306
Yes. When you become proficient you will experience things you never thought possible. As the guy above said it is life-changing. You can feel the effects.
>>
>>19012309
>>19012315
Is there a general timeframe for when effects are noticeable? I don't need anything profound, but just something that's noticeable. I get discouraged after months of doing something that yields no results.
>>
>>19012321
It's basically dependent on your level of concentration. Maintaining a meditative state of no-thought isn't easy at first. You are lucky if you get several seconds initially. If you keep at it you should notice changes within the first several weeks.
>>
>>19012346
You're right about it not being easy. I've done it a few times just for the fun of it and only managed to go three breaths with no-thought, but normally I can't even get through the last half of my breath without having a thought crop up. But noticing changes in the first several weeks is promising to me. I usually get discouraged around the 4-6 month mark. Thanks for the input
>>
No. Do LSD 4-ACO-DMT while your on meds.
>>
>>19012385
No problem. First effect I noticed was a pressure at the base of the spine. I could sort of move this to anywhere in the body by focusing. Following the breath movement with this effect seems to deepen/intensify the meditation for me.
>>
File: KEK.jpg (9KB, 236x236px) Image search: [Google]
KEK.jpg
9KB, 236x236px
The answer is always more meditation

>>19012309
>Yes, meditation is one of the few things that isn't a meme
>implying
>>
>>19012470
I've noticed that when I get deep into it that I see colors and patterns (only when my eyes are closed) the patterns grow in vividness and intensity the longer I go. Is that a good sign?
>>
>>19012552
Yep. I have seen the same. Especially when I focus on the temples (not really the forehead like most texts suggest). The colors swirl and look like a haze. I see them mostly when my eyes are open along with flashes of light. One night I was sitting in pitch black and the room suddenly illuminated enough to see some detail. That was pretty strange. I've also had mild auditory hallucinations.
>>
>>19012346
Can you fuck off with this "no thought" meme, please? It's the identification with thought that mediation seeks to root out, not thoughts themselves. Please stop talking about things you know literally nothing about. It hurts people.
>>
>>19012616
I just meant not getting lost in a train of thought and focusing on breath. Enlighten me on the state you are describing.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.