[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why the fuck do you guys still believe in gods and demons and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 14

File: stopandthink.jpg (172KB, 600x418px) Image search: [Google]
stopandthink.jpg
172KB, 600x418px
Why the fuck do you guys still believe in gods and demons and spirits?

I swear, you guys are just as bad as crazy Christians who wouldn't know rationality if it bit them on the ass. Why would you choose to be unrational? Why would you believe in something with no evidence?

Instead of seeking out science, reading great works by people like Dawkins or Tesla, debating Christians, you decide to circlejerk about tulpas and succubuses.

This is why the rest of the internet laughs at you. Go to /r/atheism and /r/theredpill if you ever want to wake up and become a man of reason.
>>
shit tier bait, go back to /b/ and stay off other boards until you learn to shitpost properly
>>
>>19010456

Sorry I disturbed your safe space, cupcake.
>>
>He doesn't know all the answers are within
>>
>>19010446
Because of actual experiences... I read shit here somtimes thinking for sure "this" person made "that" story up. But ive had actual experiences of my own. So i know there is another "realm" of sorts with beings or spirits that interact with ours.
>>
>>19010446
i am a deist.
i had never been in a paranormal situation but
i like to read crazy people
or
missunderstandings of healthy people
or
acting of role players(sometimes i play to)
and i read everyone of them like real first but everyone of them falsify her/himself.

it is good. i am man of reason aswell child and in /x/ we are majority.

and go suck your own dick in private area.
>>
>>19010628
sorry
*every one of them
>>
>>19010446
If you're a man of reason why can't you explain spirituality?
>>
>>19010446
Getaloadofthisguy.jpg
>>
>>19010446
Living in a coherent rational universe it's just not one of our goals.

Sanity it's overrated.
>>
>>19010571
This
>>
>>19010628
>>19010446
continue:

and these guys was saying cia researched paranormal powers before cia admit it and publish documents.

cia researched remote viewing 25 years, did you know that?
madness or not either way interesting.
>>
>>19010684
>>19010446
continue:

and i am asking you? what is the last time you see a mafia/yakuza member or conflict of them?

what is the ratio of these against whole population?
and
what is the ratio of paranormal witnesses?
>>
File: ralph.jpg (36KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
ralph.jpg
36KB, 960x720px
>>19010446
>Why would you choose to be unrational?
Me, choose to be unrational? That's unpossible!
>>
I for one was born catholic but my whole life was a nihilist.
I only believed in what I could see with my own eyes.
Then I saw some shit. A whole lot of life changing experiences one after the other.
Finally decided to step into this occult world and it actually worked.

Making my enemies sick, scaring away thieves, making enemies unable to talk, or start to babble incoherently.

Several unknown diseases that plagued me my whole life went away literally overnight.

I was even shunned or hated by everyone I met as soon as I met them; now I would walk out and and people would actually come to me to talk, for advice or just hang out.

My economy improved considerably, I don't have sudden massive expenditures or repairs to pay anymore. I don't suddenly lose pieces of hardware or electronics to mystery causes anymore.

All of this took tremendous amounts of effort before for me and now I could just sit back and reap the rewards without actually doing anything. It's fucking mindblowing. All of this change in less than 4 months. After 24 years of living in misery. My skepticism is dead and buried dawg.
>>
>>19010446
> great works
> dawkins

top kek
>>
>>19010446
Christianity is the ultimate rationality. It's the moral order, and this moral order is the mind of God if you will. Reject it and be a sinner but repent before it's too late who knows how the judgement will go down.
>>
>>19010656
Someone can love a fictional character just as much as a real person, as is seen by the waifu phenomenon, but also in things like girls falling in love with celebrities who are effectively fictional characters only known through media. True believers in Christianity have a similar relationship with God, physically feeling God's love and loving God. The purpose of this, and how it developed is absolutely terrifying; God is a memetic parasite. This parasite attacks the potential host's mental immune system, threatening damnation, disconnection, and spiritual emptiness, and offering the temptation of eternal life, experience of the divine, and purpose. This parasite infests the victim's mind, soon becoming their basic perception and understanding of the world around them, their very meaning and purpose invested in serving the interests of their mental parasite. Then it begins to manufacture dopamine, making its host feel wonderful when thinking of their infection positively, and terrible when others denigrate it and ruin their God buzz. God is the All. After it has complete control over its host it compels them to spread the good word, to infect their family, loved ones, and anyone else with the God virus.

Theism and religion is so insidious that it would seem to be the work of some evil mastermind, but it is actually the result of cultural evolution: traits that make the God virus more infectious and able to reproduce are selected because of that ability, and so repeated and become memes. God in particular is a chimera of all the most parasitic memetic traits that have ever evolved in human culture, which naturally stuck together because of their symbiosis and ability to aid the powerful. Your Lord God, the Kingdom of God, everything about how God is described speaks of the most ultimate imagining of tyranny and authoritarianism imaginable, infinite authoritarianism.
>>
>>19011046
Way to make my point about your religion being nothing more than the worship of authoritarian with a daddy-mascot.
>>
File: 1494712031997.jpg (30KB, 600x494px) Image search: [Google]
1494712031997.jpg
30KB, 600x494px
>>19010446
>debating Christians

I am a person who sees the irrationality of religion, as well as the irrationality of a lot of the stuff posted on /x/, but you're cringey as fuck, bud. Atheism is a religion just as bad as any other, and you're obviously an evangelical faggot.

Maybe YOU should stop and think about why you're so butthurt by people who believe things that are different from what you believe...so butthurt, in fact, that you actually feel the need to take time out of your day to make a post like this. I highly doubt a single person on /x/ has ever gone to /r/atheism or the like and started a thread about why they're all stupid for not believing in UFOs or whatever. You know why? Because they don't give a fuck. It doesn't bother them that you believe something different. The fact that it clearly bothers you shows you're very insecure, and means you have a lot of soul searching and self-discovery to do.
>>
>>19010684
I would educate you on the context of those studies and why they don't say anything about the validity of pseudoscientific claims, but that would only be enabling your intellectual laziness.
>>
>>19010446
because why the fuck not?

also, just because people believe in the supernatural doesn't mean they deny science.

what's wrong with believing in both?
>>
>>19010446
I like Dawkins and all, but
>implying people who follow Dawkins aren't just participating in a circle jerk
>>
>>19011077
you are cute.
dont presume anything about me.
i you want and can, do.
i am happy to learn something.
>>
>>19011104
*if you want and can, do
>>
>>19010446
Because it's fun to make believe
>>
>>19010446
>that image
>>
>>19010446
Who says it's impossible to believe in "unrational" (lmao) beings, and read as you say "great works"? You? You say those two things are mutually exclusive??? Well shiiiiieeeetttt. I guess I'm just the laughingstock of the internet because some newfag 12 year old from reddit said so.

Here's a hint kid. Learn to be open minded, learn how to learn, then learn how to spell; then you can come back and tell everyone how it is.

Til then take your lonely self and your righteous fedora and fuck right back off to reddit. No one, not /pol/, not /x/, hell probably not even /b, wants your stupid ass here.
>>
>le plaid knight
>>
>>19010446
Im both tho, dumbass
>>
File: wrong.jpg (30KB, 800x512px) Image search: [Google]
wrong.jpg
30KB, 800x512px
>no evidence
>tens of thousands of years of witness accounts with consistent commonalities
>>
File: 1494209190058.jpg (227KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1494209190058.jpg
227KB, 1920x1080px
>>19010446
>Why the fuck do you guys still believe
Because some of us have had spiritual experiences, etc... some of us have faith. Having a spiritual experience gives us our own proof that there is some spiritual thing. Thats why some people believe.

Also, things like pic related are not mere coincidences but intentionally created by these spirits.
>>
ITT:
>OP rekt
>>
>>19010446
I've had experiences that I couldn't explain: seeing animals appear and disappear, or translucent people vanishing in front of me. It was either embrace the supernatural, or check myself into a hospital.

I went to a psychologist pretty frequently during the time that I lived in that place, and they found nothing wrong with me.
>>
>>19010446
ummm.. because this is /x/
its what we do
>>
>>19010466
Are you saying the OP isn't bait?
>>
>>19011002
It's actually frightening that someone as unstable as you is out there with me.
>>
File: IMG_4136.jpg (235KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4136.jpg
235KB, 960x960px
>>19010446
Is this crappy bait, or bad writing? Who are you talking to, and why does believing in God mean you don't study science, or read? Just a semantic train wreck.
>>
>>19010446
Everything paranormal and occult is just science we haven't figured out yet. whether it's physical or just in heads it exists and is worth talking about

everything Science was hearsay and sorry before it was researched and became fact.
Science exists to keep looking, keep asking questions,

only a lazy idiot who's think of limited human knowledge has all the answers after only a few hundred years of really looking
its not meant to be stagnant, it's not meant to dismiss

/sci/ is the part of the book we have already read. /x/ is speculation on what comes next
>>
>>19010446
Because a lot of them ARE crazy Christians.
>>
>>19014223
read
>>19014156
The spiritual experiences are real. We have really experienced them. We can't provide you proof but they prove to us that there is something else.
>>
File: 1434181809085.jpg (61KB, 680x989px) Image search: [Google]
1434181809085.jpg
61KB, 680x989px
>>19010446
>Go to /r/atheism and /r/theredpill if you ever want to wake up and become a man of reason
C'mon man. You have to try better than that.
>>
>>19010944
>I have no counter-argument, but pointing out misspellings is just as good, right?
>>
>>19010446
>Why the fuck do you guys still believe in gods and demons and spirits?
because i lost my virginity to a succubus when i didnt go to prom because i rejected every girl that asked me and got invited to party in hell with Satan so stfu and gtfo my /x/ fag
>>
>>19014232
>We can't provide you proof
To quote Christopher Hitchens: "That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence."
>>
>>19014256
Holy shit OP just got BTFO
>>
>>19010446
Living is an art full of organic symbols .

The cold dead symbols of science give understanding but does not give you the expierence.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knowledge_argument
>>
>>19014256
Your problem is that you are trying to disprove something that we know is fact. You are coming to /x/ where people believe in and discuss spiritual stuff to try to convince us that the things we have experienced are not real.

It is valid to ask for proof of things, and unfortunately you haven't had any spiritual experiences to confirm your suspicions. You will have to go for faith instead.
>>
>>19014261
No, I'm pretty firmly on OP's side. The entire point of that quote was that if someone makes a bunch of assertions with no evidence to back them up, you can safely write it off as complete bullshit.
>>
>>19014292
Then why are you here? Go somewhere where you can do something you believe in?
>>
A man of reason is common sense.
Why jesus why is me mock by the vatican and they make a lot of gold out of him.
Why is he a target to recreate more system thinking ways away from his goals for you(jesus)
If god is love and our creator (father) wants the best for you then why not live up to his goals
I like ppl and inspiring ppl but if not jesus then how about yezzuz
>>
>>19014302
Because making fun of flat-earthers and mandela effect idiots is fun. This isn't meant to be an echo chamber and fuck you very much for trying to make it one.
>>
>>19014328
Not trying to make it an echo chamber but your faithless presence here is beyond obnoxious.
>>
File: PlaidKnight.png (76KB, 1638x744px) Image search: [Google]
PlaidKnight.png
76KB, 1638x744px
>>19014328
>>
>>19014302
Oh, I'm sorry, I was under the impression that discussion included getting different perspectives on the subject. Kind of hard to do that when the only opinions that are allowed are the ones you agree with.
>>
>>19014340
Tough, I'm not leaving.
>>19014344
All in a day's work, really.
>>
>>19014347
No problem with a discussion but if you don't believe in spirits, Jesus, etc... why would you argue with people who know for a fact that they are real? Why not spend your time doing more productive or interesting things?
>>
>>19014340
Yeah, yeah, "BURN THE HERETIC!" and all that. Trying to shut everyone who doesn't agree with you up is pretty much the definition of an echo chamber, bee-tee-dubs.
>>
>>19014358
Dissenting opinions are a part of discussion, get used to it m80.
>>
>>19014373
>>19014368
You made this thread to try to understand why we continue to believe what we believe. I explained why very clearly to you. We have had experiences that provide the proof of these things. If you don't believe it you can stop wasting your time and leave, or we will just ignore your nonsense comments.
>>
>>19014405
I'm not OP, buddy, just some random asshole with nothing better to do during his lunch who saw the thread.
>>
>>19014198
I fail to understand why anything I mentioned is unstable, but fine by me. There are scarier things than me out there.
>>
>>19014462
How did you acquire those powers? Nothing is working for me. I need help.
>>
>>19014502
first deprive yourself, go into introspection, an ordeal as a shaman would. Then just dive into spellwork. Find what works for you in specific and visualize. Start with healing spells, fortune and such. Pick a specific deity or even a figure, concept or even a character you love(if working chaos magick). Make a small altar and make it look good. Ask them to have your back and believe. What many say is to stop concentrating on results after casting a spell.
Here's a particular example:
I'll summon a wind element or pixie to cool the fucking hot weather down and ask her to help me and only me. Then I forget about it within a minute, this is to let the spirit know you believe in them.

Do you like it when somebody watches you work or draw and is constantly over your shoulder? Neither do spirits and entities.
Also keep a clean heart, have your path follow the path of your deity, don't stray or you will be shunned.
>>
>>19010446
>Why the fuck do you guys still believe in gods and demons and spirits?

We stopped and thinked.
>>
Remember: Disregard any atheist in any form

>Why u belief!
>if u dun belief why u no summon demon
>it's a mental process!

There's no winning with these retards.
>>
I might believe it was all mental if not for coincidence lining up with attempts consistently and receiving names of entities that when researched fit descriptions precisely despite never looking the words up before.
Whether spirits or psychic gestalt, things aren't quite so simple.
>>
>>19010944
Kek. And check.
>>
File: IMG_4272.jpg (38KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4272.jpg
38KB, 300x300px
Here is the thing, if a whole group of people are at peace, they might be doing something right. If the group of people that oppose their belief system are mostly antisocial sperg lords, and are concurrently not at peace, then WTF?
>>
>>19010446
because cultural traditions and biological imperatives suggest that humans require belief in something. it's better to believe in the idea of natural forces rather than people. pagans believed in the idea of embodiment, that their leaders would BECOME gods temporarily, elevated by natural forces, then this role is passed down. it was a great responsibility and honour and kept the memory of ancestors and traditional rites alive for thousands of years.

if everyone was trained in physics with computers tutoring them in a custom fit way so they understood the gist of it, so that you could get mass literacy on the subject across the entire population then you could be as interested in the natural world as someone like feynman was despite not having his intellectual gifts to contribute to it.

it wouldn't matter, because you would have fun reading about discoveries, the gaps in the knowledge and future theories and ideas.

that is not really forseeable for the future, so until then people would rather believe in simpler things, things they feel rather than things they have to question themselves about not feeling, after all, almost all the fundamental forces are completely invisible and we are oblivious to them through experience, but we interact with them all the time.

people need belief, you are criticising people here who at least worship a proven system, when you are guilty of the same thing, worshipping living and dead people.

gods, demons and spirits are embodiments of metaphysical concepts above or below mankind, which are required in any intelligent view of the world which does not revert to base nihilism, empty materialism and defeatism. here is a simple proof that nobody is really an atheist, there aren't mass atheist suicides.
>>
>>19014525
what kind of deprivation did you do? and for how long?
just curious
>>
>>19010446
0/10
>>
>>19014604
Sleep, food, water, sex, temperature and rest deprivation. It mostly lined with my martial arts interests anyways. 2,3, 4 days or more if you can stand it. Not necessarily all at once but it helps. The closer to death and danger, the better, but watching and warding over your own health. Near-death experiences can be catalysts too.
There is also an extreme version of it used by shamans that lasts weeks.
Some people have also reportedly undergone 40 days without food or water to become closer to their god.
A word of warning, if you are not prepared to lose some bodily functions, walk away
>>
File: 1492207657972.webm (954KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1492207657972.webm
954KB, 480x360px
It was a little annoying watching /b/ type retards (this insult coming from an occasional b-tard) use lame arguments... I just wish they would stay away from things they don't understand.

It was cute when they used the "prove it or it doesn't exist" argument.

I'm sure non-x people will have an instant rebuttal to the opposite (but equally relevant) quote: "the absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence"
>>
>>19010446
I think there is more to life than what science says. Science is just another religion at this point which is why I do not care for it.
>>
>>19015798
Hey anon, the guy who said that is one of the most anti-science individuals in recent history.
>>
>>19015803
This is the stupidest shit I've ever read and it keeps popping up everywhere. Science is not a fucking religion you slack-jawed sister fucker. Science is a repeatable means for explaining the universe around us and predicting outcomes. It has nothing to do with the afterlife or spirituality, and many scientists still hold religious beliefs. This statement is the most ignorant cunt bullshit anybody could possibly fucking say.
>>
>>19014156
I'm not sure I understand the significance of your pic. Do you mean the spirits intervened to save us from Le Pen?
>>
File: 1494785445288.jpg (60KB, 600x402px) Image search: [Google]
1494785445288.jpg
60KB, 600x402px
because the alien overlord wants it this way.
more control over earth if they think yahwh is ethereal they will never look to fight him on the moon.
duh, gawd things I thought you all knew......
>>
>>19010446
>Why would you choose to be unrational? Why would you believe in something with no evidence?

You believe you have free will, despite having no evidence of anything that isn't governed by causality. And you believe it because it makes you feel better.

I know it's bait, but I'll never have an opportunity to make this point again.
>>
>>19015895
>Religion (n.) a pursuit or interest to which someone ascribes supreme importance.
>>
>>19010446
I can't tell who's more full of shit. You, or the people you're calling out for being full of shit.
>>
>>19014198
I'm with you.
>>
>>19010446
Once upon a time there was a boy named billy. Billy was an exceptionally progressive dreamer. He dreamt of flying along side birds in the skies and even ponderd about lunar travel. His friends and family would go on to call billy crazy and weird for his controversial way of thinking. Lil did they know that billy's ideas would become far more then reality, it would spark the general development of mankin.
Thread posts: 84
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.