[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is no one hyped about this https://www.youtube.com/watch

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

Why is no one hyped about this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsdRG0mJj-w
>>
Because David Lynch is babbies first weird kino and Twin Peaks is his most accessible work.
It is probably going to be pretty crappy considering Twin Peaks got bad after they revealed the murderer and they didn't really seem to know what to do.
However David Lynch is a genius director who is never wrong and if you dont like it you just don't get it.
>>
>>19008860
S J W s
J
W
S
>>
>>19008860
I'm more cautiously optimistic.
I love David Lynch but I would have preferred him doing something new.
I'm afraid they let him work again on Twin Peaks just because it's his most popular work and it's going to have a mostly coherent story, which is not what I'm looking for in his work.
>>
>>19008879
>>19008929
Maybe he will go full surrealistic this time. It think it can still sell, because the audience of today is more accessible to that then the 80s.
>>
>>19008933
It would sell simply because of his name and even if he makes it Inland Empire tier unwatchable garbage it will be a huge success.
>>
>>19009001
Well fucking deserved. His art touches you on a whole different level, he is miles above most of the great directors.
>>
where have you been, op? there's been twin peaks threads popping up on /x/ for a while now
>>
File: IMG_0416.jpg (462KB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0416.jpg
462KB, 2000x1333px
>>19008933
Keep in mind Twin Peaks is not JUST David Lynch; it's also Mark Frost. The TV drama veteran is probably key to Lynch connecting to a wider audience, but that also might translate to watering down Lynch for true fans. The saving grace might be the fact it's on Showtime as opposed to network TV like back in the 90's. Don't let me down Showtime.
>>
theres 10+ TP threads on /tv/ at any given time
>>
>>19008860
I just watched the doc, David Lynch: Art Life, pretty good. Recommended for fans if it's playing near you.
>>
By 'no one' do you mean 'everyone?'
>>
>>19009152
Mark Frost worked on the original TP too, why would the new season be watered down?
>>
>>19008879
Meh, I've watched thousands of films. Lynch is still pretty good.
>>
>>19008860
>Why is no one hyped about this
because SJW
>>
Whats this about? Aliens? Should I watch the old work?
>>
>>19010096
Twin peaks was a show by David Lynch about a murder mistery it's really good, go watch it and then the movie.
>>
>>19010149
It went to shit after they catch the murderer though
>>
>>19009152
Is that a tranny.
>>
>>19010206
thats agent Mulder
>>
>>19008860
>Why is no one hyped about this
Nobody has made a meme about it so most of the internet doesn't know what it is.

I'm pretty hyped for it but I'm trying not to read anything about it because I want to go into it with as little info as possible
>>
>>19010195
No it didn't, you're just saying that because you've heard other fags say it and they all said it because they had heard other fags say it.
Think for yourself.
>>
>>19009152
Didnt Lynch leave after conflicts with production?
>>
People say the show went to shit after revealing the murderer, yet the finale of the last episode is the best thing to come from that show.
>>
>>19010968
He left but he came back because the cast was going to drop out if he wasn't making it so the studio or whoever made a better deal with him
>>
>>19010968
He came back. All the new episodes are directed by him.
>>19010986
That's because Lynch himself directed it.
>>
File: IMG_0419.png (407KB, 699x383px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0419.png
407KB, 699x383px
>>19009506
Not saying the NEW season will be watered down; instead was pointing out some Lynch fans that cut their teeth on Erasurehead, viewed the original network series as kind of an edgy "I Love Lucy". At the same time, fans of the original TP, that had no prior exposure to Lynch ventured out to "Mullholland Dr" (originally written as Audrey Horne Goes To Hollywood) and quickly went, "Agh, WTF is going ?!" Hopefully, with the new series being on Showtime, Lynch can hit his stride without network TV constraints. I personally need less, "there's a fish in my percolator" and more "the owls are not what they seem"..
>>
>>19011052
>I personally need less, "there's a fish in my percolator" and more "the owls are not what they seem"..
That is honestly a perfect way to describe it. I'm with you, hopefully the new season will deliver.

I did love the original, though. Yes it could have done some things different and had more creepy weird shit than it did, but it went for quality over quantity and definitely succeeded in that regard. Mulholland Dr was my first Lynch work and it's what made me fall in love with him (as a film maker, obviously) and I watched a few of his other movies before watching TP, yet I still absolutely loved it. It was a very good mix of Lynch and just a damn good tv show.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.