[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Buddha said "the world is dukkha" and to scape the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: 1493320364046.jpg (318KB, 1000x1400px) Image search: [Google]
1493320364046.jpg
318KB, 1000x1400px
Buddha said "the world is dukkha" and to scape the cycle of samsara.

What if THIS world is ACTUALLY bugged and it is almost impossible to have a good life here, while other worlds are (comparatively) super good?

What if getting reborn here due to attachments is one of the worst possible things in the universe?
>>
There's no proof of any other worlds existing, or anything existing beyond death, all the stories related to the after life are just tales to mass control the population and prevent them from going rogue and committing immoral acts.

So what if this is our only life, and we're wasting our precious time thinking about things that don't exist?
>>
>>19008087
The better the world, the more lazy you will be in the search for enlightenment. The game is always rigged in one way or another. This world is ideal in the search for finding ones own way, because there are so few spiritual 'truths'. Here you must search within yourself if you wish for clarity and freedom.

We have it easy compared to every other living creature here.
>>
File: T.jpg (637KB, 2079x1200px) Image search: [Google]
T.jpg
637KB, 2079x1200px
if we escape the cycle in the cage we become part of the cage, watching over eternally, beyond that we become the building blocks for the next projects to come of the Great Will or the great spirit some call god.

I personally believe there is another way out. I've made it my current goal to figure out. The way to create a dimension far from this dimension and any dimensional overlap. A hermit's paradise, in short. Impossible I bet, but it's my dream nonetheless.
>>
>>19008087
Think of it as playing life as super hardcore mode instead of easy mode. It's also a choice we made when we first incarnated here. Doesn't mean we want to stay.
>>
>>19008204
shut up
>>
>>19008204
Then you're wasting your time here. Go. Leave
>>
>>19008204
>tales to mass control

How do you mass controls the few that choose to trust my faith (very uncommon) that will naturally doubt every person in sight and suspect them because of our faith?

We're basically rebels because of our faith.

Yeah nah, atheists are stupid.
>>
>>19008087
I like this question, because I've pondered it a lot and asked alot of questions akin to it on the likes of stack exchange and other such places like here.

Firstly I'd like to divert this question for a moment:

The Buddha often praised other yogis for their achievements, but he did this knowing the full extent of clinging.He spoke of clinging to sensual pleasures, clinging to views, clinging to rules and observances, and clinging to a doctrine of self. Most yogis manage to rid themselves of the first 3, but Buddha argued that because of their skewed view of the self (i.e because they believe in a soul or atman) they could not achieve TRUE liberation. Basically, they might get really, really close. They might even feel like they have realized nibbana, but in reality they have simply ascended to a higher plane of existence, like that of angels or other higher entities. But these worlds are still filled with dukkha because of the very nature of being. It'll be a better life, for sure, but not anything akin to liberation. This is because the Buddha argued that the very belief in the existence of the soul creates doubt, and therefore still cling to craving aka desire. So other worlds may be "better" so to speak, but I use that term hesitantly for the reasons I mentioned above.

As for your second question, I remember reading in one of the discourses or somewhere else in the Pali Canon that being a human was the good place to be in the sense that a human is the first on the ladder of samsara that can pursue and achieve liberation in his life time. Primitive animals and other such lesser life forms can't. I don't remember the details of the whole explanation however.
>>
File: 1492968355844.jpg (90KB, 698x872px) Image search: [Google]
1492968355844.jpg
90KB, 698x872px
>>19009687
>>
>>19009687
Oh yeah, so uh he never denied that chasing other spiritual roads or practices was futile in the sense of what you and I mean. Like, he believed that you could still gain spiritual benefits from it. There were even his disciples who managed to gain supernatural abilities (I think it was either Sariputra or Ananda desu), but it's worth noting this was byproduct of the main goal, not the goal itself. Basically Sariputra/Ananda didn't just say "Ok, my goal is to levitate" or whatever like many modern day Occultists do. It just happened naturally along the path of ridding oneself to clinging. Just like a real martial artist's goal is to learn how to express himself via the body, and learning how to fight just happens on the way.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.