[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok so me and my friend experienced something pretty strange today.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

File: country_music_1.jpg (20KB, 305x316px) Image search: [Google]
country_music_1.jpg
20KB, 305x316px
Ok so me and my friend experienced something pretty strange today. It's sort of a long story.

We were in Goodwill and we heard this awful country song on the "goodwill radio" playing throughout the store. I wanted to find the song and send it to my other friend as a joke. So we listened to the lyrics and googled them to find the song. We believed the song was called "American Party" because that's what was repeated during the chorus.

We googled every lyric we could remember once we got out to the car and every variation of "american party" we could possibly think of and the song DOES. NOT. EXIST.

We used the Shazam app. We called other friends and people who liked country music. We used every lyric website we could find. We even looked up possible other words incase we misheard some of the lyrics. We even researched "goodwill radio" to see if they had a playlist and I can't even find anything on "goodwill radio" online. And the weirdest thing is, the song and lyrics were so generic to country music that's we figured there HAD to be some parts of those lines in some song and still found nothing.

It's not even about the joke anymore. The song wasn't even that funny. Now it's about the possibility that we heard a song that doesn't exist.

These are parts of the song we remember:
>"American party" repeated as the chorus
>"sippin on Tennessee moonshine"
>fireflies
>"sweet as Mississippi, Tupelo honey"

TL;DR
Me and my friend heard a song on the radio that doesn't exist.
>>
Even if you don't know the song, has anyone else experienced this?
>>
Once I experienced a sandwich
>>
>>19007898
How is this strange? People record songs all the time and never release them or put them on the Internet. Families pass on songs all the time
>>
>>19007932

It was just very clearly a well produced, modern country song. Like at least within the last 10 years. Sounded just like something that would be on the radio, not like a home recording.

And we go to Goodwill a lot and it's 100% random pop music. How could some unknown "family" song possibly slip in there?
>>
>>19007944
The owners can play whatever they want. Also, it's not that expensive to get some in a cheap recording studio. Literally, there are 7 billion people on this world, and one of them has a hobby to record some of their family's songs that were passed down through oral traditional, and to record it in a high quality format, and this someone is strange to you?
>>
>>19007966

The owners play what is apparently called "Goodwill radio". A DJ voice interrupts every once in a while to say "You are listening to Goodwill radio".

I go in there probably once a week and it is randomly shuffled pop music 100% of the time. I can usually name every single song. I just don't see how some small home recording could squeeze in there and also have no presence online whatsoever. Not even those combinations of lyrics.
>>
You can produce professional grade music in your wc
>>
>>19007974
If goodwill radio doesn't exist, then this was some hobby thing that the owners most likely put together. Think of it like this, in the beginning of Metal Gear Solid 4, there is a part where you can flip through several TV channels with shows that "don't really exist". Let's say we rip the files of just these shows in the game, burn them on a DVD, and give them to someone else, and let's say that nobody bothered to upload any information on these shows on the Internet. You give the person this disk, and they would be in the same situation your own right now. Logically explained, but the presentation leaves some details out that would make you wonder
>>
>>19007981

So this person just decided to distribute their music through Goodwill's radio system instead of putting it on youtube,soundcloud, or sending it to a real radio station?

I'm not saying it's impossible but super super unlikely.
>>
File: IMG_3195.jpg (97KB, 396x303px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3195.jpg
97KB, 396x303px
>>19007898
Well, maybe it's out of circulation. And nobody cares. Mystery solved.
>>
>>19007996
Also, nowadays you can record at home. And self publish. If it's crap, who knows.
>>
>>19007996

If you saw a movie or heard a song and then came to find out it didn't exist anywhere you wouldn't be at least a little intrigued?
>>
>>19007999

Even if it is a home recording, it doesn't explain how it got on a playlist of thousands of pop songs on a company's radio station.
>>
>>19007996
The mystery still exists rather you care or not
>>
Two people experienced an intimate musical time rip and it only exists between them
>>
>>19008000
>just came up with a song 3 seconds ago
>sang it to myself
>check online to see if there are any lyrics of it online
>find nothing
>I mean absolutely nothing
>get spooked
See anything wrong here?
>>
>>19008025

I get what you are trying to say but that's not the same thing.
>>
>>19008025

at least its something different. fuck your mandela sigil horseshit
>>
>>19008025
yes, you face is in your ass
you are missing the point
regardless how is it there is no song that has the lyrics "American Party"?
>>
>>19008000
Void trips decided the song is mysterious
>>
>>19007919
>>
>>19007992

I will admit this is possible but how did this unknown song get on a radio station full of thousands of pop songs.
>>
>>19008071
I thought OP said goodwill radio doesn't exist when he searches it, which means it's a recording. They guy made a playlist with a bunch of modern songs, along with a few of his own. Not unusual for people to throw a classical in their pop
>>
>>19007992
Also I'd like to point out that EVERY goodwill has identical playlists
I doubt someone makes the playlist for the individual store
>>
>>19008078 see
>>19008080
I imagine that the station is set up by someone else within the corporate chain
>>
>>19008078

I feel like it's too varied to be a playlist set up by a single person. It seems like it's a huge playlist of thousands of songs that just shuffles.

And I find it weird that they keep plugging "Goodwill radio" when there is no such thing as Goodwill radio apparently.
>>
>>19008080
In the south, I could see a goodwill putting their own southern spin on the Playlist. It makes the place more wholesum and community focused
>>
>>19008097

I do live in the south but there isn't really any southern spin on it. It plays soft rock, alternative, christian, country, some hip hop, r&b, classical sometimes, etc.
>>
>>19008105
Well what you could do is that ask the owner what the Playlist is. Tell him you heard this cool country sound on it, and give him some of the lyrics. Odds are he lights up, as your probably complimenting his music.
>>
>>19008112

I'm actually gonna ask next time I go in but the people that work there look completely dead inside or are actually retarded and they probably don't even recognize music is playing.
>>
>>19008105

It could just be an original. There was a local country band in my area that got popular in some surrounding areas. The lead singer was a dick.

Anyways, they played their originals on the radio sometimes but there was not a way to get the name of the song online because they hadn't posted anything on youtube yet. I'll post one of their videos because I'm sure it's still up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6UZa13Mz8w

Long story short; the rest of the band got sick of the generic country music shit and quit.
>>
This is really stupid and not paranormal
>>
>>19008146
lol @ picking up niggers
>>
Found the song you were looking for OP
https://youtu.be/M11SvDtPBhA
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.