[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have seen a couple threads here and there about old gods or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
I have seen a couple threads here and there about old gods or goddesses I wanna know your guys take is on this. I was raised Christian and I just lost the way. I saw the thread in here about freya and I was thinking about a god or goddess that came help me persue making my life better. I have left a lot of good women over petty shit and I just can't change that. I buy shit on impulse and basically I am a shit human being. I wanna change.

Pic unrelated
>>
>>19002762
Hmm if Jesus didnt help idk man, maybe Wicca?
>>
The goddess Aurora is my goddess.
>>
Worship Aurora with me.
>>
>>19002762
Chose something personal and meaningful, Maybe a god/goddess associated with your own heritage.
I don't think deities fixate on mortals much unless we gain their attention.
Personally, I study hard and become more wise with hopes to gain boons from Odin, and I train and strengthen my body with a similar hope to gain favor of Thor.
Research and chose carefully though, this isnt something that should be taken lightly. Try and find a religion that "forces* you to better yourself/be worthy. I think I studied Odinism for three years before I considered it the path I'd like to take.
>>
you're looking for a quick fix, as it sounds like you do in most aspects of your life
>>
>>19002762
They exist but they're in a seni-comatose state, since all higher beings rely on our psychic energy for supplement, usually in the form of worship or prayer. So you can do shit like try worshipping Odin or Ra or something, but hardly anything will come of it.
>>
>>19002762
Your phone pic is on its ear.
>>
File: IMG_4213.jpg (46KB, 570x238px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4213.jpg
46KB, 570x238px
>>19002762
I know the feels Op. IDK what this thread is for though.
>>
>>19003038
what about Hermes/Tot?
doesn't he have a fuckhuge following?

At least compared to the other deities.
>>
>>19002762

Hello friend, I am from the other thread you mentioned. Nice to hear you want to change, that´s the very first step to become a better person.

But let me say this: Believing in a god just because you want to change wont to a thing. It´s quite the opposit - If you follow a god, e.g. Freya, and you do shit again, not only will you feel bad because you broke your moral code but because you damaged your connection to her as well.

That that I see your desire to change. I felt like you too. I did a lot of shit and cheated on women just for sex and to satisfy my own lust. I too bought stuff no one needs and was always small on money.

Maybe Freya is the one you are looking for, who knows. She would certainly like it if you pull yourself out of your mudhole to appeal to her. But you mustn´t do it JUST for her. You have to do it for yourself. The believe in something bigger you can be part of might help, but what really helps is the connection to other people. You need to make real, new friends, and set an ideal new YOU for yourself that you try to achieve in small, managable steps. If this ideal is a fit, beautiful and HONEST new guy than Freya might just be the godess for you. But that´s not for us to deceide, that´s your decision.

If you have any questions just ask me.
>>
>>19004251
See I also grew up Christian and a small part of me is kind of freaking out thinking I have doomed my self to hell for even thinking about this. And I also feel like it could be rude because the only knowledge of her I have is. From the game smite. I know I will have to look more on her if I do this. How do you know she is real and what's does that mean for your after life.
>>
Before you make a decision like that, go hiking, camping, or somehow spend time with nature. Pay attention to how beautiful everything is. After that, re-evaluate whether or not you need a God other than the one you were raised on.
>>
>>19004925

If there is a Christian god and he punishes those who do their best to live a life full of love and virtue he is not worthy being worshipped my friend. I would rather spend an eternity in hell than bow my head to a tyrant. See, we asatru dont kneel before our gods. They are not above but within us. They are the incarnations of human virtues and help us to become better persons.
>>
>>19004925

Dont fear she wont accept you. If you love her it doesnt matter where you first heard from her. Our ancestors eng songs about her, you played a game about her. Whats the difference? Freya is love, freedom, honesty and loyalty. If you build her into your character others will notice and love you too.
>>
>>19004925

Now to he afterlife. In Asatru religion there are no fixed teachings about it. Some believe in an actual afterlive. Those say there is Hel and Valhalla. Hel (This is were christians stole the idea of hell btw) is basically a realm for the normal people. It is ruled by Hel who loves her children like a mother. Hel is no scary place, the part with the torture was added by the christiana to control people with fear. You just noticed how effective they do that yourself. On the other hand is Valhalla. If you led a virtuos and brave life Freya and her Valkyries will carry you there after your death. You will be by her side and feast and drink every day in a neverending party.

Others, like me, believe in fact we are all fragments of god experiences herself. Think of a coin with two sides, one being the gods the other the humans. One cant exist without the other. Gods create people and people create gods. Life or death doesnt matter in my opinion. Maybe there is a life after death maybe not. Being a kind and loving person during your lifetime will do you no harm in both cases.
>>
>>19005018

Also please excuse my spelling errors, Im a phoneposter currently.
>>
>>19005018
>>19005023
>>19005044
>>19005045
Hm I see what your saying, the whole fear thing is true I'm still on the fence. I know you are doomed forsure to hell. Just something that was wired in my brain as a kid. But I'll take the one guys advice today I actually love nature a lot and used to go hiking lol I haven't been in a while
>>
>>19002762
Ok, i'm not christian, i'm a Muslim, but I still believe in Jesus. A bit different than Christians do but this tells you something, right ?
Why Christianity, Islam and Judaism have common verses in their books?

This tells you that those religions are from one god, a true god ! yes they differ in huge aspects but at least you know one of them is the right one !

Now, i'm obligated by the Qura'an not to deny or belief any verse from the bible or Torah, simply I just don't take any action at it.
I believe that in the end of time Jesus will come and defeat the anti-Christ, but I don't think Jesus is the son of god, I believe he is a prophet just like Mohammed.

In Islam, you not considered a believer until you acknowledge that Jesus, mosses and all other prophets and their books are true, but all of it was corrupted \ lost, that's why Islam is the last religion from god and that's why god swore that the Qura'an will be preserved till the end of time.

you are in the right way, but sadly that way was corrupted ages ago. Hope you find what you seek.
>>
>>19005501

No, that actually just tells you that these books were written around the same time. By the way, in Islam there is a cult that calls themselves Sufi. They pretty much believe the excat same things I wrote above. They say god ia love and to unite with gid is their overall goal.

You will find the statement god = love in pretty much every religion. These ideas basicall are a rippoff of old hethen and sumerian ideas. Sumerians called the godess Ishtar, but the concept is the same. Actuall in the end it doesnt matter by what name you call your god or godess. Be it gid, Jehova, Allah.. All gods are one. You merely chose the apect that appeals the most to you and be a good person.
>>
>>19002762
Another muslim here as well
In islam we do believe that everything has fate, but if you want to change anything about yourself you should change from the inside. Make sure that you take control of your emotions, not the opposite. I think that's your problem. Good luck
>>
How does worship affect prayers does it compare logically?
>>
>>19005622

I don´t understand that sense, sorry.
>>
>>19005617

Quite a wise advice.
>>
>>19004251
Has variety become ignored from encounters artificially
>>
>>19004925
Christianity is OK for some and its teachings have their virtues, but as a religion it often fills people with undue guilt and fear.

To understand pagan gods and values, I began reading up on mythology, mostly Norse/Germanic and Greek. The largest pieces I read recently were the Poetic Edda and the Iliad. Pagan lore often won't tell you directly what your morals should be, but they will provide examples of different situations where you'll have to decide what was done wrong and what was done right.

Without worrying about how "real" the gods are, I think about what they mean to me. As a male, I look to gods as representations of virtues I want to aspire to, while I look to goddesses as things I want to attract into my life. For example:

I look to Thor and remind myself that I will fight to the death to protect those I love.

I look to Prometheus and remember that authority should always be questioned. Prometheus defied Zeus because he loved humanity. He would do anything for us and he suffered for his passion. He reminds us that we should never allow other to deny us knowledge and information, for those are the people who wish to control us.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.