[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My theory about what happens when you die, is that nothing happens,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 8

File: image.jpg (408KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
408KB, 1280x1024px
My theory about what happens when you die, is that nothing happens, you just die.

But millions of years in the future they will have found a way to bring people back from the dead, and create true immortality, and not just for those around in the future, but by using either time travel, or an advanced method of gene collection that to us in this present time is utterly incomprehensible, they will be able to resurrect everybody who has ever lived, and the entirety of humanity will live throughout however much of the universe we will have discovered, and at that point existence will be complete and utter utopian bliss, because technology that prevents any kind of negative phenomena that humans can experience both physically and mentally will have been created.

When I die I fully expect to just wake up millions of years in the future and be greeted by both everyone I've ever loved and all those who's job it is to welcome us into the future.

We will have created a man made heaven.
>>
KYS
>>
>>19001203
Maybe I will, see you in the future, space cowboy.
>>
>>19001103
It doesnt hae to be millions of years from now there are countless different universes and habitable planets in existence..plus things could exist in other areas that we arent aware of, like the fact that %99.999 of our universe is plasma.
once you have existed, you will always have an "address" in causality and can be reprogrammed, and once things exist, which naturally have the will to keep trying to survive, it increases the liklihood of something happening after death to over 50/50. Maybe this is that dark journey all phaoroahs in ancient egypt were expected to make after death before reaching the afterlife, perhaps thats why they aimed to preserve their genetic knowledge and other info so much in their tombs You could go on and on.

Even if something has merely mapped causality or lives beyond it, they can still see everything you do and maybe even think and could act on it from there, things in reality might be more screwy than we think, who knows
>>
File: 1492366139024.gif (1MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1492366139024.gif
1MB, 400x225px
>>19001103
Oh look... another theory. I'll just file it with the rest.
>>
this guy listened to jahovas witnesses
>>
File: spaghetti.jpg (289KB, 614x322px) Image search: [Google]
spaghetti.jpg
289KB, 614x322px
>>19001103
you die, within minutes your brain cells start dying. billions of neural pathways forged over a lifetime of experiences decay and go silent.

If you're revived in the future, you will be fresh meat. No different from another person who happened to be born with your exact genome.
>>
>>19001283
What if they time-travel, swap my corpse with an exact replica, then travel forward in time and resurrect me?

I have had exactly the same thougths as the OP. If I had the technology, I would set out to rescue every human that has ever lived.
>>
File: GABA_3D_spacefill.png (414KB, 2000x1281px) Image search: [Google]
GABA_3D_spacefill.png
414KB, 2000x1281px
>>19001295
same here man
>>
File: 230px-GABA_3D_ball.png (22KB, 230x117px) Image search: [Google]
230px-GABA_3D_ball.png
22KB, 230x117px
>>19001295
>>19001241
>>19001226
>>19001103
http://neuralmimetics.com/
>>
File: iron-man-theme-1.jpg (24KB, 375x234px) Image search: [Google]
iron-man-theme-1.jpg
24KB, 375x234px
>>19001103
we should start a website about this idea

put this idea into the world and let it take root in peoples minds so it becomes real

that is the job of people who think of things like this, just to spread the idea till the technology exists to do this
>>
File: earnwavvqqf6az98jyst.jpg (75KB, 800x488px) Image search: [Google]
earnwavvqqf6az98jyst.jpg
75KB, 800x488px
It's called Quantum Archeology and it's a very real subject. Once we achieve super advanced AI it will be able to recreate at a molecular level, any living thing that has ever existed . It won't be millions of years in the future either, more like hundreds.
>>
>>19001394
Try within the next 20 or 30. You're in for a real treat. Once humanity discovers how to synthesize water, this idea we are talking about becomes really really...real.
>>
>>19001370
Yeah.

OP here, ever since I started thinking about this death seems much less frightening.
>>
>>19001394
I'd say thousands, hundreds seems a little too optimistic, but then again I may be wrong, people in the 60's thought that the doors that automatically open when you stand in front of them in Star Trek were too far fetched.
>>
>>19001394
>Once we achieve super advanced AI
so, never?
>>
File: 1493590837499.jpg (100KB, 540x494px) Image search: [Google]
1493590837499.jpg
100KB, 540x494px
I dunno. Traditional Christian theology can be seen as higher dimensional beings with such technology doing the same thing.

Angels are just beings from a higher dimension and God is goodness from the hiest dimentsons we cannot even imagine.

Even if man in this level of being learns how to bring back the dead, it is nothing compared to the technology and processes we call spiritual as God and what we call heaven exist outside of time and known dimensions.
>>
>>19001394
>implying such an AI gives a shit about human life
>>
>>19001103
even if humanity advances to the point where they can cure anything and fix any injury and even stop aging to create functional immortality

there isn't going to be a way to recover a mind from a brain that no longer exists. what makes you who you are is the chemical reactions in your head and once those decay and break down and spread back into the environment, there's nothing to recover

unless cryogenics!!
>>
>>19001517
Unless time travel.
>>
>>19001517
This is true, it would essentially just be cloning, where every atom is identical to yours but it's not actually you.

Unless they invent a technology totally incomprehensible to us not in a few thousand years.

In the same way a renaissance scientist would find the idea of cloning completely incomprehensible.

Maybe if they found a way to isolate human genes within the particles of what was once a dead body, and know of a way to de-age it back to being living again, like the most extreme form of defribulation imaginable.

One thing I firmly believe is that nothing is impossible when it comes to science, "nothing can go faster than light", that's bullshit.

In thousands, maybe millions of years these technologies will be as common as anything, but we in this present era are still too primitive to even wrap our feeble minds around them, in the same way the first human to carve a round wheel from stone would not comprehend cars thousands of years later.
>>
Are you trying to start the spiral nemesis anon
>>
>>19001589
Time travel is sci-fi bullshit

Also, no one ever dying would lead to absolutely fucked overpopulation issues, we'd need billions of fully colonized planets to comfortably house all of humanity, and constantly expanded that since the birth rate when there are that many people would be stupidly high.
>>
>>19001103
>When I die I fully expect to just wake up millions of years in the future and be greeted by both everyone I've ever loved and all those who's job it is to welcome us into the future.

k. Say this out loud while recording it and play it back to yourself.
>>
>>19001801
>Implying there would even be such a thing as a "birth rate" in the future.
>>
>>19001837
>Finding this specific idea ridiculous.

>On /x/ of all places
>>
The New Real.
>>
>>19001862
What does that mean, I'm from Poland.
>>
>>19001103
Wow. This is one of the dumbest things I've ever read in my life and I always keep an open mind for theories,but this takes the cake for utter retardation. I'm honestly shocked.
>>
>>19001103
Two technologies:
old brains placed into young cloned bodies;
instant regrowth of missing body parts.

Happening NOW. You're late.
Ancient humans accessed eternal life technologies thousands of years earlier than now. This is how the bible happened. This is how paranormal happens.

You are right that when you die...you just die. If your brain becomes what is not your brain...this is to say, if your brain completely decomposes or is ashed then you are dead.
>>
>>19002663
Would you rather a succubus thread or perhaps a flat-earth thread, maybe a "spooky images" thread.

Or we could have a thread about aliens controlling the government or some other bollocks?
>>
>>19001103
When you die you'll realize you are all of consciousness.
Then you'll regret you didn't do enough good for humanity.
>>
>>19001801
you're sci-fi bullshit
lol just kidding i agree with you :D :D :D
>>
>>19002644
Sorry to hear that
>>
>>19004874
Cuz now? I will snatch every motherfucker birthday.
>>
>>19001103
So confident.
This is the sort of collective hubris that the tower of babel addresses.
>>
>>19001103
>advanced DNA collection thingy
Reptilian here, how would the cope a DNA from... nothing? Even from bones, if somehow they'll preserve, in a guessing game, like by that lil thorn there there were clearly A and B patterns in DNA, because bones does not contain such information-carrying structures as goddamned DNA, since its a osseous tissue. You can only guess by patterns overall, instead of precise sequence.
Second, more or less organic tissues. More affected by degradation aka fucking with DNA until chems completely dissolve. Yes, there is a cryogenic pods, but they require service. Yes, there are low temperature zones on planet, but it doesnt prevent loss, just like cryopods, and its clearly not for everybody, as OP stated.
Hope you little humans enjoyed my post full of jewish lies called "science". Also kys OP, ur a faget
>>
>>19004901
Are you saying you are a sage, as in a wiseman, or are you breaking GR7?
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.