[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Floating down the stairs dream phenomena. So it looks like m

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: stairs down.jpg (28KB, 600x375px) Image search: [Google]
stairs down.jpg
28KB, 600x375px
Floating down the stairs dream phenomena.
So it looks like many people share the same experience with this dream. It also likes to occur more than once during a infant or teenage years.
Did you have any of those?
What were your feelings ?
What could be the explanation?

http://www.dazeddigital.com/artsandculture/article/34336/1/why-we-dreamed-about-floating-down-stairs-when-we-were-kids

lets summarize our lives maybe theres something common that we share?
>>
>>19000744
Had one when I was really young, but my entire bed floated down.
>>
Didn't realise this was common. All I remember is that I left my bedroom, and there was this big 'figure' standing in the middle of the landing. It was like a pillar of black rags, no face or limbs, but I knew it was alive and malevolent. It picked me up with its mind and sort of 'threw' me down the stairs, but it was more like I was being carried by an invisible force coming from the figure. I hit the ground at an awkward angle. Don't remember anything else, but this happened when I was really young and that figure always stuck with me. I'm not sure if it ever appeared again, but I remember feeling/fearing it's presence in a couple of later dreams.

Also I don't know if this matters, but as a kid I was always afraid of going up the stairs at night. There's this big dark empty space enclosed by tall walls just above the stairs, filled with cobwebs because it's difficult to reach or clean, and going up them I was always afraid there was something lurking there. I hadn't thought about that in years before just now.
>>
>>19000744
Never had this dream, did have a dream where I jumped down a flight of stairs, landed too fast, and rolled down the rest of them.

It was so realistic mang, I was even in the hospital when I woke up for some reason.
>>
>>19000744

ive had these dreams before as a kid and it was usually related to a nightmare. I was either being chased or something and to escape id jump down the stairs but id gently float down. Still gave that feeling of falling but it was cool
>>
>>19000744
I've had a few.

The first one is more like a weird memory than I dream. I'm like 4 or 5 and I'm falling down the stairs while my mom and big sister stare on with blank faces. It seems very real, but the two of them have never mentioned it.

I have another when I was 7. My mom is talking with some lady and I fall down the stairs and end up in the basement with an evil teddy bear. (I was scared shitless of dolls for the longest time because of films like Child's Play) I think I had this dream twice, actually.

The other one was the weirdest. I'm 9 and trapped in a haunted house with a bunch of creepy bastards and I'm trying to run away from them. But, I either get pushed or dragged down the stairs by one of them. By the time I reached the basement, I woke up.

There's probably a couple other ones, but I can't remember.
>>
Odd didn't think these were common I guess.

If I remember correctly I had the same floating down the stairs dream only three times.

Happened when I was around 3-6 years old, basically I would start at the top of the stairs in my house then I would float head first down the stairs and end up down stairs back on my feet.

There wasn't anything scary about the dreams they all panned out the same, the only odd thing was in my dream I would be confused why no one was in the house.
>>
not floating down but when I was around 4 I remember jumping down my entire flight of stairs. thre were people on either side of the railing cheering me on, which didn't make sense because there was a solid wall on one side. I hit the ground and fell through the ceiling in my parents room and woke up between the two of them. Granted I slept in their bed when I was that age, but it was still kind of weird.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.