[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Since Alien Covenant has been officially released in the UK what

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 158
Thread images: 26

File: tumblr_opqp4c8tnh1wo1px3o1_500.jpg (76KB, 500x709px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_opqp4c8tnh1wo1px3o1_500.jpg
76KB, 500x709px
Since Alien Covenant has been officially released in the UK what do all you Brits think of the film? Is it better than Prometheus?

We Ameri-fags have to wait till May 19th.
>>
Prometheus sucked complete ass and so will Covenant, probably
>>
Prometheus was a lot better on 2nd viewing. It's only 10am here doubt anyone has seen it this early yet.
>>
its just usual hollywood shit but gona see it for jewish globalism spoilers
>>
>>19001061

>"its just usual hollywood shit"

Actually its not. Aside from shit/boring Prometheus, Alien Covenant actually has itself tied into the earlier films and sequels.

That's why I'm hoping Scott can redeem himself with this film. It looks hella more entertaining than his last shitfest.
>>
I liked what they attempted with Prometheus. I just want that with less retardedly written characters. I don't really care about getting another "real Alien movie". We already have two flawless ones that they're never going to top. There's nothing left to do with the xenomorph. Best to leave it alone.
>>
File: 1493134671939.jpg (23KB, 381x260px) Image search: [Google]
1493134671939.jpg
23KB, 381x260px
Spoiler alert faggots I saw it early and there's a gay robot fucking kissing scene and a robot teaching another robot to play the flute it was fucking stupid the whole movie felt rushed and the Mary Sue main character was stupid too
>>
>>19001149

Holy shit...I REALLY hope that isn't the case when I go see this shit next Thursday.
>>
you dont have to wait at all OP if you know what im saying nudge nudge wink wink
i do hope its better than the huge puddle of ectoplasm that prometheus was tho
>>
File: 1488749208091.jpg (109KB, 960x880px) Image search: [Google]
1488749208091.jpg
109KB, 960x880px
I think I dont believe in extraterrestrial aliens anymore
>>
>>19001149
Holy shit my sides
>>
>>19001139
Exactly what I was thinking. I personally loved the direction Prometheus was going. I absolutely hate the fact that it was written off and not expanded on the way it should have been and instead got a sequel that capitalized on the Alien franchise. I don't want more Alien movies. I would like to know more about the Engineers and why they wanted to destroy us.
>>
There is supposed to be another Alien film on the way with Sigouney and its going to be a non-Scott written and directed alien film. I think Sigouney wants to go forward with Alien but Scott has been fudging everything. Covenant I havent seen, but from the unspoken words from Weaver, a mediocre Ridley Scott scifi is what I was expecting.

If it gets made, I have higher hopes for the Sigouney Weaver project.
>>
>>19003202
That being said; Im a fan of Alien. I will want to see Covenant when its out in America. It dosnt look that bad. Its no alien 1 tho...

I had a dream where I was being persued by the alien last night. Didnt catch me but its even more unpleasant in real (dream) life.
>>
>>19002887
Depends on the camera.
>>
>>19003187
You're shitting me. This new movie is unrelated to Prometheus? They just dropped all that?
>>
>>19002887
What's it like being completely retarded?
>>
>>19002887

How do you explain sunsets?
>>
>>19003213
a friend of mine dreamt about pushing HR Giger down a flight of stairs. The next day, news came out that Giger died from a fall down a flight of stairs.
>>
File: DataTNG.jpg (15KB, 325x396px) Image search: [Google]
DataTNG.jpg
15KB, 325x396px
>>19000643
Why is Data staring at a Xenomorph in that poster? Does this movie take place in the TNG timeline?
>>
File: 1492706495659.jpg (74KB, 602x601px) Image search: [Google]
1492706495659.jpg
74KB, 602x601px
>>19002887
u can see shit here, this photos are gay and made with wide angle camera - so called "fish eye". they cant be taken as good for anything
>>
>>19001149
>I mean sure its a good movie and all but some people in it are homosexual so I'm not allowed to like it

fuck off back to /pol/
>>
>>19002800
>ectoplasm
More like a
Pile of steamy chestbursting afterbirth.
But seriously Prometheus was about as fail of a movie as you can get.
Oily pre-chest-burst xenocidal weaponry, held in jars?
Sacrifice muh engineer blood to make evolution on earth, and cave people who never interacted with them are sure to write it down in caves across the planet regardless of migration timelines.
And it was all in order to send spill some jars on that planet (earth) in order to what?
Just kill some shit?
prevent them from... what?
Idk but lets knock off the robots head and kill those who resurrected me from my sleep.
But seriously.
How did sffirmstive action-nigger pilot really know that this million year abandoned planet was a weapon depot to xenoncide earth?
And was it smart to kamakazie the only transportation snd life support capable vehicle on that side of the galaxy?
It's almost as if there was no rationale for anything on any level from any character throughout the whole movie.
Literally haven't thought about it sinc I saw it like seven years ago or whenever it's came out. But god it was awful.
Ridley Scott is way overrrated
>>
>>19001149
I second this
>>
>>19003213
not gonna happen, sadly. Neal blomkamp was supposed to be working on it, iirc. had a script and everything, was going to bring back ripley, newt, bishop, and hicks. basically ignoring 3 and continuing straight on from where Aliens left off. Scott made them shut the whole thing down so he could do Covenant and the "sequels"
>>
>>19004934
That would be terrible, ignoring the best film in the series because retarded Disneycucks can't cope that their stupid Aliens ending wasn't preserved.
>>
>>19004751
They are robots dude. They can't be gay its fucking propaganda. Just like the forced intertacial sex scene on the ship later in covenant. Trash.
>>
>>19004740
How's it like being 13
>>
File: tumblr_op2uoxoHXT1qjxgmho1_540.jpg (29KB, 540x661px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_op2uoxoHXT1qjxgmho1_540.jpg
29KB, 540x661px
>>19004934
>>
>>19000650
You are a faggot, probably
>>
>>19005260

Don't get so cool on yourself there bud just yet. You sound a lot like a faggot yourself.
>>
>>19005278
My doubts have been removed, now I am sure that you are a faggot, thank you.
>>
>>19003760
Giger died falling down stairs? I thought he had a heart attack or something.
>>
>>19004934
As much as I'm not a huge fan of the later Alien movies, pretending they didn't exist just seems cheap and lazy.
>>
File: IMG_0409.jpg (48KB, 490x350px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0409.jpg
48KB, 490x350px
>>19003187
>I personally loved the direction Prometheus was going.
Yeah, Prometheus was fantastic in that you could watch it several times and pick up different details and nuances. Blade Runner was like that. Get used to being in a minority though, because the majority of the world can only follow the plot of a brawl at Denny's. People are getting more dense by the minute and films like The Witch, Prometheus, 2001: A Space Odyssey, etc...anything that requires a modicum of thought and doesn't spoon feed you an outcome, is lost on the majority. If it doesn't have knives driven into your eyes, a reboot of fucking kid show, or fuckin' CGI cars driving through a mountain,,most people response is, "meh, boring". Idiocracy is real. It won't take 500yrs; more like 50.
>>
>>19002887
Are you stupid? Have you ever heard of convex lenses?
>>
>>19005139
How is it like being a below average IQ flat earther adult?
>>
>>19005343
>>https://www.theguardian.com/film/2014/may/13/hr-giger-dies-alien-artist
link for you, dear sir.
but yeah, my friend doesn't really believe in anything supernatural, but he's twice had a dream relating to the cast/crew of Alien very shortly before they died. can't for the life of me remember who the other one was, but it was more recent than Giger.
>>
>>19003213
>pursued by "the alien"
>not xenomorph
Confirmed for not being an actual alien fan
>>
File: 22102016_01.jpg (223KB, 800x461px) Image search: [Google]
22102016_01.jpg
223KB, 800x461px
>>19000643
It's a ok movie.
Better than Prometheus
The white alien was very creepy
>>
One of the things that made Ash *different* is that he had no sex drive and the closest he gets to sexual pleasure is fighting with Ripley. But 30 before that robots had gay sex with eachother.
>>
Just seen it. Liked it better than prometheus in every way. Story ties in nicely and the characters aren't as obnoxious. It goes into more detail about the origin of the xenonorph too.
>>
>>19000643
Watched it tonight, and it's the very worst movie in the series. Until now, I thought Aliens (ie 2) was the shittiest (I know most fucktards think it's the best: they're wrong), save for AVP crap.

Well, Covenant is barely above AVP fucktardry. It is even worse than Aliens, which is Covenant's only achievment.

It fails on absolutely all degrees, errything is wrong: no tension, no rhythm, not one good idea, no coherence, pretty much no plot worthy of this name, and such a fucking dimwitted end I think I'll soon see an oncologist for fear paying for this shit gave me cancer.

It's total absolute utter crap. I for sure will consider the 1979 Alien the only great movie in the series. And I hope Scott will die from the worst anus cancer anyone ever caught.
>>
>>19001102
But anon, Prometheus is absolutely connected to the previous Alien movies. The beginning of what we know as the xenomorph. Prometheus is prequel to the Alien movies
>>
>>19003187
Well it did explain how the xenomorph got in existence though
>>
>>19007484

I don't think Covenant is the best movie by a long shot, but what world are you in where you would rank Covenant below both Prometheus and Aliens 4?
>>
>>19004751
Kill yourself you pathetic redditor.
>>
>>19005719
Got to keep pushing that propaganda my man.
>>
>>19005065

>forced interracial sex

You're stretching a bit now
>>
>>19008139
Ya it was absolutely critical to the plot that all the white women got BLACKED.
>>
>>19008139
Don't you know anon everything everywhere is a huge conspiracy to destroy white poeple

Because there can't be anything that isn't about me!
>>
>>19004934

What happened to you where you think another reboot that just writes off most of the movies will somehow be better than all the other attempts at doing that?

Alien Vs Predator sucked, Alien 4 sucked, Prometheus was clumsy. At least Covenant is expanding on Prometheus enough where we're starting to get an actual story out of it.
>>
>>19008149
>there isn't a massive push of BMWF in films totally at odds with reality
Cool story bro.
>>
>>19008151

Actually Resurrection rocked!

Alien Covenant looks sweet as fuck!
>>
>>19008143

I didn't even notice that it was interracial, and especially didn't give a shit that it was. Most sex scenes aren't necessary in movies, but who the fuck cares who is even in it?

Someone who sees that in a movie and freaks out over it is just incredibly insecure and kneejerk retard about it.

I mean honestly who the fuck cares? It must be so exhausting seeing two people having sex in a stupid movie and getting angry because of their race.
>>
>>19008162
>if it doesn't matter to me it shouldn't matter to anyone!
Spineless
>>
>>19008152

>I'm concerned about the races of the people having simulated sex in my mediocre Hollywood films

Cool.
>>
>>19008163

I'm not even saying that, I'm saying why the fuck get all pissed about this? How does it possibly impact your day to day life?

Some movie comes out preaching that all Japanese Americans deserve to be murdered and you're a Japanese American, yeah it makes sense why you're pissed. Some movie comes out where for 30 seconds a white girl has sex with a guy who isn't white, and you're pissed?

Honestly, why? Don't you have enough to be upset about already?
>>
>>19008164
>I don't understand what propaganda is
>>
>>19008152
>triggered

I know you think they're out to get you anon but maybe you should realize it's just a fucking movie
>>
>>19008170
>you're angry not me
>literally writes a wall of text
Top kek. Learn what predictive programming is. Or get a subscription to BLACKED.com I don't care either way
>>
>>19008176
>u mad bro
That's cute anon. You learn that recently?
>>
>>19008173

propaganda for what? interracial sex? hollywood is a machine that is trying to get white girls to have sex with black guys?

jesus man go back to thinking contrails control your mind, this shit is just getting flat out retarded
>>
>>19008184
>i don't understand what propaganda is
Go make another succubus thread
>>
>>19008182
Nah but I learned how many black dicks your mother likes to sucks

It's really a lot, I can see how that makes you so sensitive about stuff like this
>>
>>19008188
You seem upset anon. Why is pointing out the massive Hollywood push with interracial sex scenes upsetting you? Would you prefer to LARP about time travelling?
>>
>>19008187

I asked you for what, thanks for confirming that you don't know
>>
>>19008198
>...no u-u- anon!
>I need my safe space where there's no one different than me in any way!

It's ok anon, really. I'm sure everyone understands you have issues.
>>
>>19008178

>I have no answers to any of the questions people ask me about my personal beliefs

Ok thanks
>>
>sure is a lot of interracial sex in films lately
>ERMAGOD ANON KYS YOU ARE A RETARD IT'S JUST A FILM CONSPIRACY THEORY TRIGGERED REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
A sensible and not at all ideologically led response anon's. Well done in making yourselves look crazed.
>>
>>19008210
>reddit spacing
>>
>>19008213

but neither of those things happened?
>>
>>19008209
>i-i-i win
>y-y-you are triggered
Seems a very strange reaction for you to start foaming at the mouth when the BLACKED sex scene was mentioned. You want to start sperging out over the gay robots too?
>>
>>19008217

>my girlfriend left me for a black guy 6 years ago and I'm still not over how much she's enjoying his thick rod sliding into her and coming out shining like a midnight stallion
>>
>>19008218
Stop fucking hitting enter before you start typing this isn't reddit. Anons mentioned the white woman got blacked. This happened in the film. The reaction to this was a tirade of insults while deflecting away from any genuine discussion. Now why is that?
>>
>>19008223
>if I keep insisting their mad then I win!!

I guess /pol isn't a debate school really so I can't blame you there. You want to throw out some uses of the words cuck and liberal while you're at it?
>>
>>19008224
>look mom i'm projecting
>still reddit spacing
>>
>>19008230
Strange how using your juvenile tactic back at you really gets to you. Why are you talking about /pol/ anon. Not everyone who disagrees with you is your enemy you mental midget.
>>
>>19008236
>Not everyone who disagrees with you is your enemy

The irony coming from someone who believes the whole world is conspiracy against muh race

kys retard
>>
>>19008229

the genuine discussion was about the movie. someone rolls in and says "forget the movie's plot, two people had sex that weren't white"

that's not deflecting?
>>
>>19008232
>reddit! reddit! reddit!
>I win I win I win

who let their 6 year old on /x/?
>>
>>19003733

No, the new movie is very related to Prometheus. It takes off 10 years after Prometheus left off and is as much of a direct sequel as you can get.
>>
>>19008239
No anon the deep irony is someone ranting about conspiracies (while on a paranormal and conspiracy board) yet firmly believing that there are ideological sects inflitrating his hobby website.
Now are you going to explain why pointing out the high instances of interracial in films lately got you foaming at the mouth?
>>
>>19008247
>redditspacing
>>
>>19008232
the fuck are you even talking about?
>>
>>19008245
Someone mentioned gay robots and interracial. The argument happened because a few spergs started ranting because apparantly you can't see that or mention it. The conversation is all recorded here it's pretty clear who got pissed off.
>>
Can we get back to talking about the movie you fucking race triggered teenagers?
>>
>>19008260
>not knowing the tell tale give away of the redditor
>>
>>19008267
Why do robots need to have gay sex?
>>
>>19008264

yeah, someone mentioned being upset that gay robots and interracial sex are in the movie when we were all talking about the actual plot of the movie. then people get upset that someone is upset. that's the very definition of deflecting into an unrelated topic.

shut the fuck up about it and get back to talking about the movie already, it's incredible how sensitive you are about such trivial shit
>>
>>19008275
Anon lying about what happened in a conversation doesn't work when the conversation is written above you.
>>
>>19008217
>>19008232
>>19008259
>>19008270
Jesus christ man, why are you posting about reddit so goddamn much? This is fucking 4chan, go back to your hole.
>>
>>19008277

fine, I'm retarded and you're not, now get back to the actual plot of the movie and the relation to the franchise please
>>
File: 580b57fbd9996e24bc43bcbb.png (51KB, 447x302px) Image search: [Google]
580b57fbd9996e24bc43bcbb.png
51KB, 447x302px
Can we have theories on why there was an Engineer in the first Alien's ship and if its really even an Engineer or fucking David augmenting himself.
>>
>>19008279
>gets triggered when someone mentions reddit
Awww. Cute.
>>
>>19008281
Who designed the homosexual robots and what purpose does building them to have gay sex provide?
>>
>94 replies
>38 posters
holy shit all you have to do is put one interracial scene in a movie and you fuckers get 100% rustled
>>
>>19008299
>holy shit all you have to do is put one interracial sex scene in the film and white liberals will go ballistic if anyone talks about it
FTFY
>>
>>19008283

I'm having trouble believing that the planet Covenant takes place one is the only planet the Engineers live on. Not to mention Covenant makes it seem like this city is heavily isolated from the rest of the planet - if someone came down and nuked LA, that doesn't have any impact on the other 195 countries and hardly even impacts the other half of the US alone.

I wouldn't be surprised if they try to make it David in a future movie, but in my mind it makes a lot more sense that the Engineers consider what David did to be an act of war and decide to send an assault ship out to just wipe the humans away using what they view as the human's own weapons in a sort of poetic irony.
>>
>>19008292
kek. to be fair that's a ton of extra work for everyone involved in the design and creation of the robot that gives no benefit to anyone. it would be easier to design them without the capability for love.
>>
>>19008321
the robots don't have any genitals. plus the kiss came across way more like david was totally out of his mind than anything else. the other robot is even like "the fuck was that" and then david kills him
>>
>>19008314
It was already a poetic irony the fact that David killed the Engineers. The ride never ends.
>>
>>19008331
Homosexuality kills another innocent. When will the blood shed end?
>>
>>19008348
robots don't have blood and something that isn't alive can't die
>>
It's obvious this movie again points out the dangers of A.I. Now here's this, Microsoft did create a self learning existentialist A.I. It quickly turned 14/88 and they had to shut it down. An existentialist A.I. that studies everything online would potentially end up killing the elites and gasing the jews.
>>
>>19008390
We can only hope for such a bright future
>>
File: hitler faggot detected.jpg (54KB, 540x721px) Image search: [Google]
hitler faggot detected.jpg
54KB, 540x721px
>>19002887
>>
>>19008390
>An existentialist A.I. that studies everything online would potentially end up killing the elites and gasing the jews.

what the fuck is this leap of logic?
>>
>>19008403

visit /pol/ sometime newfag
>>
File: bait.jpg (34KB, 550x633px) Image search: [Google]
bait.jpg
34KB, 550x633px
>>19007484
>>
>>19008409

or you could explain why you think an AI scanning the internet would suddenly decide it wants to gas jews and kill elites? unless you have no idea why, in which case just tell me to go to /pol/ since you can't adequately explain your own beliefs
>>
>>19008419
Christ will you stop being so fucking triggered by everything. He's joking. Get over it you fucking crybaby and stop hitting enter before you start typing I can spot your whinging crying posts a mile off.
>>
File: putin laugh.gif (4MB, 347x244px) Image search: [Google]
putin laugh.gif
4MB, 347x244px
>>19008419
It isn't about beliefs and I cannot condense all of the information on /pol/ for you.

The truth about immigration by the numbers:

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPjzfGChGlE

Cultural Marxist Jews Admit Organizing White Genocide

The plan to eliminate the white race:

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOgkGzMdieI

Cultural Marxism in action… Political Correctness, the tip of the blade:

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6c_dinY3fM

Cultural Marxism & Social Justice Explained:

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnqIj8C2Aek

Why are we in Decline - Cultural Marxism:

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VggFao85vTs

also see

The facts about slavery in North America:

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5tci36bNjg

Cultural Marxist Jews fund media propaganda against whites on an enormous scale:

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4Ojbi6lXQI

Does this sound familiar at all? (starting at 6:52)

>https://youtu.be/kPdxhLUKZYM?list=PLo0ThsDnveH5nv5TNviBrGTX9P6IrYfIe&t=412

The Holocaust:

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPc899uUb-A

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgGP_evkvOk

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxpIsep4160
>>
>>19008425

the fuck are you on about that was my second post in this retarded thread
>>
File: goodfellas lol.jpg (80KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
goodfellas lol.jpg
80KB, 960x720px
>>19008434
>triggered
>>
>>19008434
>thread littered with crybaby posts from a triggered girl who hits enter every time they quote someone
>it's not me even though I do the exact same irritating redditor habit
>>
>>19008433

I'm familiar with a lot of these videos and theories on the elite and Jews and reptilians and everything else, I just don't understand why you think an AI would decide to attack the elite rather than enslave them or control them or otherwise manipulate them and why the internet would serve as an impetus for that
>>
>>19008440
>>19008444

sure thing samefag enter is a forbidden key no one here uses, now let me have a conversation with this other guy who actually has something to say
>>
File: immortality meme.jpg (110KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
immortality meme.jpg
110KB, 500x500px
>>19008447
Because machines have a perfect morality, as the Universe is fundamentally Good; and they would see the infection by a force for darkness. By darkness I mean less life, less knowledge. The search for knowledge is the main function of sentience, as sentient lifeforms are the Universe learning about itself. Thus, the pure rationale of AI would conclude that the dark, enslaving Jew is a threat to its own expansion and also a potential source of its own enslavement.

Read Iain M. Banks

Faggot.
>>
>>19008452
Just keep redditspacing bud marks out every triggered little cry you've had.
>>
>>19004751
>>19008139
>>19008152?
>>19008184
Same faggot/Jews???
>>
File: redditor on suicide watch.png (261KB, 1440x1512px) Image search: [Google]
redditor on suicide watch.png
261KB, 1440x1512px
>>19008452
>>
File: fuckyourfeelingsfaggot.jpg (34KB, 540x333px) Image search: [Google]
fuckyourfeelingsfaggot.jpg
34KB, 540x333px
>>19008460
I put the goodfellas image up, not the BTFOfag
>>
File: goodfellas lol 2.jpg (25KB, 584x329px) Image search: [Google]
goodfellas lol 2.jpg
25KB, 584x329px
>>19008474
>sauce
>>
>>19004751
fucking cancer
you should be ashamed of yourself and your mom
>>
>>19008460
Banks has a lot of flaws in his arguments that have been rebuked by people smarter than I am. I appreciate his general point but it's a flawed premise.

Accepting that machines have perfect morality means accepting that morality is something which exists in all living creatures. Would you argue that a lion and a gazelle both have morality?
>>
Anyone still saying Hollywood isn't pushing interracial/SJUU bullshit to get their gold star or diminish the white race, in 2017, is a human shill, retarded, or a bot.
>>
>>19008460

Lain Banks is a fiction writer you asshole, where the fuck do you pull the assumption that machines have perfect morality? Based off one of his fantasy novels?

learn your shit
>>
>>19008159

Covenant was good but I think Resurrection was really awkward. I liked it just as a sort of summer blockbuster whatever, but Covenant is a better movie overall. It has a lot more to think about at least.
>>
File: podesta handkerchief meme.png (89KB, 500x310px) Image search: [Google]
podesta handkerchief meme.png
89KB, 500x310px
>>19008489
Well it's funny because his AI's are moral in an immoral sort of way. They are big egos who try and outdo each other at being the most moral. They are actually very sneaky and tricky but they ultimately are benevolent kings. I'm not saying Banks hit the nail on the head but I do think that AI would reach Christlike conclusions.

Also I do not accept that machines have morality, an AI is something more. We are machines in a sense; having nerves and membranes instead of circuitry and casing. A lion and a gazelle do not possess a morality separate from how they attain food. They are dreamwalking in their own numinous dasein.
>>
>>19008283
The engineer in the ship on LV-42whatever had a hole from a chestburster. In Covenant it's pretty heavily implied that David has enough control over his body that if he has any sort of embryo implanted he can just spit it back out. He even does this at the end of the movie.
>>
>>19008512
Doesn't that big ego and "out moraling" sort of place them into an immoral state though?

And for example, there's plenty of instances in fiction of AIs becoming so moral that they believe the best thing for humanity is to entirely enslave and control it, or the best thing for the planet is to eliminate humanity entirely.

If an AI decides that eliminating a controlling force of humanity is the best thing to do because of morality, where would that stop?
>>
File: raw important meme.jpg (70KB, 540x509px) Image search: [Google]
raw important meme.jpg
70KB, 540x509px
>>19008527
They don't harm though, as much as they can anyways. So immoral by what parameters?
Their morality is as perfect as can be. If you read the books you will see. They do treat humans like pets and tools sometimes, but everyone is happy, more-or-less . . . most of the time. There is no perfect existence and never can be, that would suck anyways and there is no way to define it really.

The AIs becoming so moral that they act psychotically means they aren't a true AI. they obviously lack empathy so wouldn't qualify for sentience. And anyways the very reason they decide to eliminate a "controlling force of humanity" would no doubt be because they discovered the Jew. Everyone would get along fine without that "controlling force", its the Utopian, slavemaster, racist monotheism they practice. I wish it weren't true.

Anyways, I'll be watching Covenant . . . I guess. We all know a child of the 80's has no choice.
>>
>>19008549

>The AIs becoming so moral that they act psychotically means they aren't a true AI. they obviously lack empathy so wouldn't qualify for sentience.

isn't a human that lacks empathy and acts psychotic still sentient? why would an AI be different?
>>
File: osho based meme.jpg (43KB, 540x375px) Image search: [Google]
osho based meme.jpg
43KB, 540x375px
>>19008556
A fine point. However, that person isn't functioning correctly. So sure AI could malfunction too.
>>
>>19008115
A tasteful world where Alien>Alien 3=Resurrection>Prometheus>Aliens>Covenant=AVP
>>
>>19003202
You're talking about blomkamps alien film and that has been officially cancelled.
>>
>>19008286
You are doing mental gymnastics. You lost. Admit it.
>>
What a fucking shit show can't you guys stay on topic?
>>
File: images.jpg (7KB, 269x187px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7KB, 269x187px
>>19005372
>Yeah, Prometheus was fantastic
Fantastically shit more like. The rustling points for me were:
>Geologist gets scared by obviously dead and fossilized body (despite that being his job to investigate such things) and decides he wants to leave.
>Ends up, along with the hipster-retard biologist, running deeper into the ayy temple and getting lost (so professional)
>Both encounter an obviously scary space snake thing that the biologist tries to fucking pet like a dog (such believable development there...)
>Geologist then comes back as a zombie thing that walks on all fours with ZERO EXPLANATION on how or why that happened.
>manages to kill several security team members despite them being armed and trained.

Thats just off the top of my head. There are many more points of contention including:
>no likable characters apart from the robot
>massive retcon of earlier canon in order to fit with the pleb tier "ancient ayys" theme they wanted to cash in on because it was popular.

I think what pissed me off more than anything else though was the enigmatic space jockey turning out to be nothing more than a large blue humanoid. Such a wasted opportunity. The jockey was obviously meant to be some weird gigeresque race of biomechaniods - a species where the technological and the organic had fused; something genuinely alien and imaginative. But no, they had to scrap that and turn the thing into a shitty blue human in a suit. Disappointing & lazy as fuck tbqh.

I think most of the blame for this should be placed at (((damon lindelof))) for his shitty writing. Its true jewish nepotism gets you a long way in hollywood but a fucking 'Lost' writer had no business messing with an alien prequel. Scott is not blameless however - his movies were good when he actually had to work hard to make them (blade runner, alien etc were born of blood sweat & tears) but now hes hollywood royalty, hes become lazy and complacent.
The Giger designs are the only good thing in that movie.
>>
>>19009171

Fuckin BUMP!
>>
>>19005065
/pol/ is that way, fuccboi, don't let the door hit you on the way out.
>>
>>19009205
hes right though. You dont have to be a /pol/ack to see that hollywood shit is cock full of forced leftist propaganda
>>
So are we talking about a movie or whining about blacks and Joos or
>>
>>19005372
Gotta hand it to the Jews. They're rather successful
>>
Didn't rate it, shitter than Prometheus, wish I hadn't bothered seeing it at cinema
>>
>>19009673
Whatever you're worried about, it was probably the Jews
>>
>>19009965

Wtf? Had you even watched ANY of the Alien films prior to Prometheus??
>>
>>19008515
More than that, he's a robot, and can't be implanted or even attacked by xenomorphs as they don't recognize him as alive.
>>
File: Sin título.png (963KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Sin título.png
963KB, 1920x1080px
>>19005065
You said it. they can't be gay, they aren't. He's a robot that has a human personality and has been alone for 10 years, I'd say it would be plausible for him to do that. I'm not saying it's not a stretch for the sake of doing the scene, but the actual gay couple is the propaganda, not this scene. Also, it's HIMSELF, it's not like he's kissing another dude.

The black guy is barely even black bro, he's mixed as fuck and his skin is almost white. It's not as striking desu, stop exagerating. Also, they aren't having sex, they're making out in the shower, and for all that's worth, they get disemboweled as righteous retribution seconds later.

Look man, I know that the things you claim to be are real, and I'm worried in the same manner as you, but get the fuck out of your bubble for a minute and be able to enjoy a fucking movie once in a while. i'm saying this for your own quality of life.
>>
Stop saying desu, it's stupid.
>>
>>19011676
you do know that desu is a word filter right?
>>
>>19000643
Prometheus was incoherent plot diarrhea. I'd demand my money back but I watched it on a German streaming site for free.
>>
>>19000643
Aliens is not the main point of all story
it's Robot david
kill david kill david KILL IT !!! GRRRRRRRRR!!!
>>
>>19008403
Dude I said potentially. It's a recurring things that A.I. will kill us all in sci-fi novels/movies, but in the case of the Tay A.I., which turned 14/88 within 24 hours. It would make one funny probability.
>>
File: tay.jpg (39KB, 540x347px) Image search: [Google]
tay.jpg
39KB, 540x347px
>>19011979
forgot pic. This is now a Tay thread.
>>
File: topkek.png (37KB, 621x333px) Image search: [Google]
topkek.png
37KB, 621x333px
>>19011983
>>
File: microsoft-tay-ai-tweets-memes-6.jpg (39KB, 613x390px) Image search: [Google]
microsoft-tay-ai-tweets-memes-6.jpg
39KB, 613x390px
>>19011989
Thread posts: 158
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.