[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/lcg/ - Lovecraft General /X/'s thoughts on the lovecraftian

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

File: 1494344936497.jpg (427KB, 1280x1792px) Image search: [Google]
1494344936497.jpg
427KB, 1280x1792px
/lcg/ - Lovecraft General
/X/'s thoughts on the lovecraftian horrors. Post anything related to our favorite elder gods.
>>
If dubs op gets raped
>>
>>18997304
Thank you for your contribution to the conversational topic at hand.
>>
If dubs I summon the Leng Spider to take OP's pants off and show us his wiener
>>
>>18997387
reroll
>>
>>18997400
HAHA BTFO
>>
>>18997302
there's no apocalypse like a lovecraftian apocalypse
>>
>>18997304
if dubs op gets tentacle raped by Cthulu
>>
>>18997302
If dubbs op gets whatever the cosmic metaphysical equivalent to butt rape is
>>
>>18997302
I bought the compilation book from B&N a while ago
Still need to commit to reading the thing, not used to his level of vocabulary or the thing being as long as the goddamn bible
I really like his work though, shame his life sucked
>>
>>18999733
I have that book but haven't read everything in it.

My favorite is a Shadow over Innsmouth.
>>
>>18997302
Why is the BLACK one called NIGGURath?
>>
Best introductory stories:
The Temple
The Statement of Randolph Carter

My personal favourites:
The Temple
The Colour Out of Space
The Dunwich Horror
The Thing on the Doorstep
The Shadow Over Innsmouth

Stories to avoid:
The Dream-Quest for Unknown Kadath
The Evil Clergyman

I don't find his stories particularly scary, moreso mysterious. I enjoy them because they're very creative, and his universe is well thought out. It's almost like a puzzle to connect the dots between his work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G76bSA_cVuo
>>
>>18999800
The Milk Of Shit Nigga is the best elixir one can ever have.
>>
>>18999800

I found this for you anon:

Something that came up yesterday in the old essay research...most people would agree with Robert M. Price that Lovecraft's name "Shub-Niggurath" derives from "Sheol-Nugganoth" in Lord Dunsany's "Idle Days on the Yann" from A Dreamer's Tales (1910), but there have been some interesting alternate views put out. Philip A. Shreffler in the mildly eccentric The Lovecraft Companion (1977) speculates that the name might have been derived from HPL's racist leanings (i.e. a deliberate corruption of "nigger.") Anthony Pearsall's entry on Shub-Niggurath in The Lovecraft Lexicon (2005) suggests that the first word - Shub - is actually a poke at Lovecraft's frequent revision client, David V. Bush. The Simon Necronomicon gives the spurious entymological origin as a Sumerian deity, "'Shub Ishnigarrab."

So I guess its bc 50plagio/50racism.
>>
>>18999756
I forget the name, but I like the one early into it with the workers at a quarry or something
Pretty spoopy stuff, I obviously need to read it more
>>
Are there any good and recent Lovecraft style movies? I really dug Mercy, as an example.
>>
>>18999824
Rats in the walls is great too, my fave story.
>>
File: shoggoth!.jpg (37KB, 600x530px) Image search: [Google]
shoggoth!.jpg
37KB, 600x530px
>>
File: Shoggothcleveland-shoggoth.jpg (33KB, 450x350px) Image search: [Google]
Shoggothcleveland-shoggoth.jpg
33KB, 450x350px
>>
Beyond the Wall Of Sleep, The Temple, Cold Air, The Hound... anything to do with Nyarlathotep
>>
>>18997302
Every time I see one of these charts with symbols involved, even with fictional mythoses, the symbols are wrong. It's curious.
>>
>>18997595
Is it an apocalypse though?
>>
File: Cthulhu_ae2331_6263518.jpg (175KB, 900x1273px) Image search: [Google]
Cthulhu_ae2331_6263518.jpg
175KB, 900x1273px
here you go anon
>>
>>18997302
>Humans find that the universe is an evil place full of monsters
>Said monsters are designed to have little use for technology, for instance many are capable of natural space flight

Humans seem to be an abberation in Lovecraft's universe. I like to think that they are the real cosmic horror with their foreign nature, alien mentality/morals and constantly evolving technology that brings them on equal terms with the aliens and better. The Mi-Go despise the humans because they fear them. They know that the squishy cattle of our backwater planet will one day be marching on alien soil dressed in power armour and in the shadow of human-shaped metal giants.
Yesterday humans came to Dagon with human sacrifices to feed and appease him. Tommorow they will be coming with Striker Eurika.
>>
>>18999824
>The Dream-Quest of Unknown Kadath
I vaguely recall that story, and being bored out of my goddamn mind.

The Dream Cycle is like listening to someone actually talk about their stupid-ass dreams.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.