[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Maybe I haven't done enough reading, but if left hand path

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: tumblr_inline_n61m2auad71se2a3v.jpg (104KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_n61m2auad71se2a3v.jpg
104KB, 500x500px
Maybe I haven't done enough reading, but if left hand path traditions are rooted in individualism, what is the point of forming spooky "secret societies" and discourse regarding "proper" rituals and magick?

Since magick and rituals are known to the practitioner to be a complete mind-game, is there any actual value other than to feel more spooky scary?
>>
>>18995442

Resource sharing. You scratch my back, I scratch yours type deals. Well, that and dick measuring contests. Mostly the dick measuring, though.
>>
>>18995442
MY FUCKING POINT ENTIRELY. ALL YOU NEED IS A FCUKING WEED. FUCK THAT SHIT.
>>
>>18995442
congratulations you figured out why people call LHP a meme
all proper magic in the end is an individual pursuit
>>
>>18995442
But rituals are *not* known to be a complete mind game. Maybe among plebs, but there is a lot more to it than convincing yourself to believe something or "getting oneself in the proper frame of mind." Jung subscribed to the spirit model, Crowley subscribed to the spirit model, even LaVay, as he aged, recognized there was a lot more to magick than 'psychodrama'
>>
>>18995442
how else do you get people to join an exclusive club? you need to start somewhere. Might as well be be magick since anyone and his grand ma can participate.
>>
>>18997901
>LaVay, as he aged
Dr. Aquino talks about how LaVey used to keep a locked black box with what he alleged was a "contract with lucifer".

It's my speculation that this was an A.'.A.'. Oath and Task countersigned by Ken Anger and Marjorie Cameron from back in the Solar Lodge days, but that's just my feelies.
>>
I can think of a few reasons. Namely, most people who practice magick are interested in magick and want to know what others are getting up to without drawing too much attention - hence the spoopy secrecy.

Also, group ritual work can be more effective than just doing it on your own. The presence of other believers serves to reinforce beliefs.
>>
>>18997928
Really? Is there a way we can ever find out?
>>
>>18997981
Probably not.

But think about it, makes perfect sense.

Anger was repping A.'.A.'. with Cameron outside of recognized lineages. Anger called himself Lucifer, often and loudly. The A.'.A.'. Oath and Tasks are mystical contracts between student and guru. LaVey cribs hunks of Book 4 in his ritual theory. Temple of Set suborder Order of Horus works the A.'.A.'.
>>
>>18997991
Yes, yes it does.
>>
File: 1491699081613.png (251KB, 475x325px) Image search: [Google]
1491699081613.png
251KB, 475x325px
>>18995442
>>
>>18995451
This. Knowledge is power and it grows when shared.
>>
>>18995442
Is Thelema really considered LHP?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.