[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Alan Watts: 'like an apple tree apples, the world peoples.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: Alan-Watts.jpg (89KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Alan-Watts.jpg
89KB, 1280x720px
>Alan Watts: 'like an apple tree apples, the world peoples. And if we're intelligent, we have to apply that to the world we came out of, too.'

I'm trying to see all phenomena as intelligent. From people, to trees, to rocks and even man-made things.

Has anyone ever trodden this path? Any insights or advice?
>>
>>18994282
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyPWvg9dxD4

Here you go.
>>
Even a single cell is not totally understood, and DNA is like this complex code that governs the processes in a cell. So yeah, there is enormous intelligence in that.
>>
>>18994289
Hm, thanks I will watch this.

But I don't really want knowledge, I want to SEE it in every day life.
>>
>>18994282
It's basically animism, everything can have a soul.

It's very enlightening to see animals and nature as not inferior than you.
>>
>>18994297
What you see is your interpretation of things. To find infinity, you need only look. This will help you fill a hole somewhere.
>>
Thanks for the responses guys.

>>18994302
>It's very enlightening to see animals and nature as not inferior than you.

Yes I would love to experience that.

>>18994307
I want to see the ceiling in my room as being alive.
>>
OP again, I don't need a formula to convince me. I already believe everything is alive and has it's place in the universe.

Are there any accessible books or talks on this? That a layman could understand?
>>
>>18994330
Alan Watts has written books, they are awesome. Nuff said.
>>
>>18994339
Yeah I have read a couple, they're great.

Anything about this subject in particular? See: >>18994330
>>
>>18994282
>I'm trying to see all phenomena as intelligent. From people, to trees, to rocks and even man-made things.
I don't think that's what he meant, but... I think I default to animism purely as a byproduct of the kind of person I am.

I feel bad killing insects, I feel bad having to pull up plants. I even feel bad seeing too much meat in a grocery store, thinking about where it all comes from.

Doesn't make me a vegetarian though. I'll just end up feeling bad about a salad if I do that.
>>
>>18995116
Kek, I think I know what you mean.
>>
File: shaman.jpg (499KB, 1600x1173px) Image search: [Google]
shaman.jpg
499KB, 1600x1173px
So, animism/shamanism thread?
>>18995116
Circle of life man, you can't exist without consuming some other lifeforms every now and then. The trick is to do that with the delicacy and honor which comes from understanding what you just explained. That's why gluttony is one of the deadly sins in the bible.
You don't need to be vegan necessarily, although it would be ideal, but you should try and eat as ethical meat as possible. Eating tortured chicken is bad karma, man. Hunting or fishing your own meat would be pretty huge step up the ladder, I'm sure you would enjoy it better than eating the grocery store beef.

Saying a prayer before eating would be nice manners too. In the 50's everyone still did that, nowadays not so much.
But most importantly, stop feeling guilty and start feeling honored and blessed about what you are going to eat. One way to feel less guilty is being more part of the process than just buying the food. Fish, hunt, or at least grow some of the spices yourself. Feel proud to be one with nature.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.