[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is that voice inside your head whenever you think or read

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: Hearing-Voices-Illustration.jpg (27KB, 340x227px) Image search: [Google]
Hearing-Voices-Illustration.jpg
27KB, 340x227px
What is that voice inside your head whenever you think or read something? Where does it come from?
>>
>>18987829
Is it your voice or somebody else's?
>>
>>18987836
I'm not sure really
>>
>>18987829
It's called subvocalization. The human brain is developed to use language and we exercise the language part of it a great deal. It's not separate from you, you're not schizophrenic, you're just twelve.
>>
>>18987829
>>18987836
It's me!
>>
>>18987829
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bicameralism_(psychology)

once it was god, and then it became ego
if you can bypass ego you can talk to god
>>
>>18987829
Its a common phenomenon but not just some natural thing like >>18987844 said. Its forced upon you. You can think without 'subvocalization" but there is something that forces you to think in words.
>>
It's called thinking.
>>
>>18987829
quality bread, op
>>
>>18987829
Anybody else love the voice inside their head? Sometimes it makes me laugh because the way it says words and "it" feels like your best friend who's beside you 24/7.
>>
File: Pynchi.jpg (6KB, 183x275px) Image search: [Google]
Pynchi.jpg
6KB, 183x275px
>he subvocalizes
>>
>>18988011
Causes of subvocalization (thinking in words):
>Forced method of thinking (unknown reason), where every single thought is expressed in words inside your head
>Isolation curses, where the person who is being affected by a curse (usually from childhood) is made to think in words so that they can develop communication skills while suffering from the isolation caused by the curse
>Spirits / Entities communicating with you
>Negative "thoughts" sent to you by curses and psychological momentum (things like "I'm fat," suicidal thoughts, "I can't do anything right")
>>
all human beings used to be telepathic, the voice in your heead is most easily thought of as your telekineses gland; no one responds because we as a species have forgotten how to project out of our own minds, b/c of spoken language
>>
"Inner dialogue" you dumbass
>>
>>18988064
fyi it takes 2 to dialogue

noun
conversation between two or more people as a feature of a book, play, or movie.
>>
File: 1493141134750.jpg (66KB, 576x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1493141134750.jpg
66KB, 576x1024px
>>18987829
It's just you talking to yourself. Thinking, explaining, trying to make sense of the world around you.

Try to isolate yourself for couple of weeks. You will reailse your true personality. The real "you" will come out
>>
>>18987829
Knock knock Rick, shitclock's a ticking boy
>>
>>18987959
Maybe the fact that the focus is on the interpretation of words?
>>
>>18988072
I have been isolated for months in the past and it is not fun. You start to do weird shit out of boredom. It took me many days to learn how to be social again once I was around people again.
>>
>>18988105
this porked my interest. what did you do?
>>
>>18987829
What is the voice outside of my head?
Honestly I only trust my inner voice, as it is with me much more than my external one.
>>
>>18987829
That's your spirit bro aka you
Those people that say "your body is you" and other crap like that, they know jack shit
>>
>>18987829
Its the same part of your brain you use when you talk
>>
>>18988105
There have been studies done in the past about complete isolation where it drove the subjects insane. As humans we are social creatures that need some kind of connection with other people.
>>
>>18987959
It's literally wired into our brains. As evidenced with similar structures found in other closely related species. the reason why they can't vocalize in proper languages is mainly the lack of the physiological ability to do so. Which then hindered further selection and specialization of that area of the brain.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.