[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

To those who practice magick and things, where does your motivation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: tumblr_m98rtiRSwJ1rvqxvfo1_500.jpg (157KB, 455x609px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m98rtiRSwJ1rvqxvfo1_500.jpg
157KB, 455x609px
To those who practice magick and things, where does your motivation come from? A bit melodramatic perhaps, but once I discovered that reality is, simply put, mundane and boring, I lost all desire to practice. Part of me longs to practice again, but every time I get close, I realize that it's nothing more than ancient psychology. And I can't "trick" myself into seeing or feeling things that those practicing magick do.

I wish there was a literal supernatural element to the universe. But there is none. There is nothing.
>>
that's a fire backpack design
>>
>>18987564
Even if magick is 100% bullshit anon, what are you going to lose from practicing?

You still learn a lot about history, religion, spirituality etc... and you can gain a lot more control over your body through meditation and such. Either way, I gain something at least for me.
>>
Realization of the divine.
>>
>>18987715
What if you sever your connection with God? To confer with devils is to serve another master.. that can't be good
>>
>>18987677
LOL your damn right senpai, im glad you can see the magic
>>
>>18987564
How could you expect to find anything but mundane, if what you believe the world to be is mundane? Don't you think its kind of conflicting? Perhaps your outlook is flawed and you should reconsider or rather that because you believe everything to be "mundane and boring" there for you now live in a mundane and boring world because it isnt.. it really isnt you just probably sit in your room all day and dont do shit.
>>
>>18988820
I get that life is very special, and powerful. But I'm speaking more scientifically I suppose. Sure, I could cool myself into seeing life in a more "magickal" way. But i week truth, not solace.
>>
>>18989339
Fool*
>>
>>18987564
Know that the psych model is for plebs, science has neither tried to prove nor disprove this in any substantial way as it is out of their field... also I get good results, but initial motivation came from aspiration to attainment, and that of my brothers and sisters on earth
>>
>>18987877
So.. you know magic isn't really real and yet you believe in what abrahamic religions say about god god? What?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.