[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is some freaky/creepy/scary stuff around Colorado? I live

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7

File: rockymountains.jpg (162KB, 1200x853px) Image search: [Google]
rockymountains.jpg
162KB, 1200x853px
What is some freaky/creepy/scary stuff around Colorado? I live in Denver. What's something I could explore on the weekends?
>>
File: Denver-Airport-Paintings.jpg (369KB, 1297x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Denver-Airport-Paintings.jpg
369KB, 1297x1000px
The catacombs under the airport.
>>
Your sexuality
>>
>>18986748
Downtown at 2am
>>
Any stuff around boulder?
>>
>>18986801

supposedly one of the buildings on CU campus is haunted.
>>
>>18986762
meh, it's just govoperated drugimport scheme through 'independent' luggage company with quarters there
>>
>>18986748

Cheesman Park used to be a large cemetery and is supposedly haunted. You can feel a blast of cold air come out of nowhere if you walk through it at night.
>>
The Brown Palace is supposedly very haunted. Might be an expensive ghost hunt trip to see for yourself though.
>>
>>18986813
I was a research assistant for the Psych department for a couple of years. It wasn't uncommon for me to be at the Munzinger Building until 1 or 2am some nights. If you go down to the basement it s beyond weird. Never witnessed anythig paranormal, but it is undeniably strange after dark in that building.
>>
>>18986748
Just stay overnight in manitou or winter park, you will see things.
>>
>>18986781
Underrated post
>>
I'm out of summit county, there's a ton of abondonded resorts and slopes throughout the county. Breckinridge and Leadville have some spooky shit as well
>>
>>18986748
Explore abandoned shit in the desert.

I always get good spooks when I go out west and look for shit in the desert.
>>
File: (29).gif (765KB, 400x224px) Image search: [Google]
(29).gif
765KB, 400x224px
>>18986748
Used to live in Aurora. Big brother told me a story about some witch that was buried on a peak he and some family of ours visited that really hated males. They had a boy Golden Lab with 'em that got super sick and had to stay in the RV, then my idiot of a brother sat on her supposed graffiti-covered tombstone and swears he got pushed right off the thing though nobody was even remotely close to him. Might be wrong but I vaguely recall he said my cousins got too close to the tombstone and got a nosebleed or a headache or something.

I wonder if he was just being a dumb kid or if it was real. I posted about it once before but never found out much otherwise via a very brief Google search.

I also went to the fabled Stanley Hotel years ago and visited a psychic that worked close to the place. He was alright, knew right off the bat that I had lots of vivid dreams. The hotel itself was pretty much just an old hotel with a bunch of Shining posters and such slapped onto the walls. Mom took a pic and swears the blurry pixels of her phone's camera looked like a dude in a suit but I never saw it.

Otherwise I didn't hear too much about Colorado's lore specifically. Nothing that hasn't been mentioned already, anyway...
>>
>>18986748
Go to the big ass, clearly not safe, castle thing some asshole made out of scrap metal.
>>
>>18986813
CU alum here, its Macky Auditorium
>>
>>18988038
Bishop Castle, it's real fucking spooky that someone let this space wizard build this shit.
>>
>>18987687

Also, breck is home to the hotel that inspired*** the shining.
>>
>>18987585
500 homeless people ranting about benefits?
>>
>>18987539
It's called wind.
>>
>>18986748
if you're willing to risk your life you could try hitting some abandoned mines. extremely dangerous but there's a ton of them in colorado and they're all creepy as hell.
>>
Look up "the brotherhood of the white temple"
>>
File: IMG_0393.jpg (63KB, 800x462px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0393.jpg
63KB, 800x462px
>>18988720
The Stanley Hotel in Estes Park, CO. Haunted? Seems fine.
>>
File: MzkuMzcxNjk2IC0xMDUuMDIyMDMw.jpg (455KB, 907x680px) Image search: [Google]
MzkuMzcxNjk2IC0xMDUuMDIyMDMw.jpg
455KB, 907x680px
Find this rock and explore, but be warned, exploring fully will require trespassing on private property.

Nearby points of interest:

>There are human ashes behind the rock
>On rainy days there is a hidden waterfall to the southwest along the mountains
>Small floating red lights can sometimes be seen around this rock and the others nearby
>The house that is DIRECTLY intersected by the edge of this rock (look up what that means in Feng Shui) is haunted. Also a man lost his mind while living there in the 90s. He had a family and everything.
>Black shadows have been seen in the house mentioned above, in the surrounding fields, and down the neighborhood near a certain horse pond.

If you continue along the road (looking at the rock, go left/south) you'll eventually find a gate that's closed off. (Definitely trespassing, but might be worth it for the spoops) If you go past it, look for:

>The remains of a cabin once owned by a man who lived all alone and captured and ate cats and other small wild animals. He lived up there in a shack that finally collapsed a few years back (but you can see where it once was).
> Several abandoned cars from all eras (there should still be a model t in there somewhere if it hasn't been buried). Some of them look like accidents
>Sometimes the ranchers who live nearby will cross into this same canyon and drop off piles of corpses. One time I went up there and there was a stack of goat corpses just leaning against the canyon wall.
>>
There's a building by my work that can't keep janitorial staff because of supposed ghosts, horseshoe park in Aurora is supposedly haunted, Fairview high school in Boulder, third bridge out east and there's an alleged haunted road in Thornton.
>>
The areas around blackhawk and central city are pretty spoopy. A few really old graveyards and some mining shit. My brother and I were exploring out there late at night a few years ago, got a few really good evps. Be careful around old mines tho, hell of a way to die
>>
The Denver Museum is pretty creepy. I have card access to most of the rock/fossil areas (most of the museum) and there's lots of weird shit. You'll be sitting at a microscope using tweezers and you'll set them down to adjust the scope and when you go looking for them they are across the room, lots of weird noises and doors locking themselves and that stuff
>>
The hotel Colorado up in Glenwood Springs is haunted. The staff are a bunch of snooty dickbags so you'll have to exercise some patience.
>>
File: th (1).jpg (13KB, 277x225px) Image search: [Google]
th (1).jpg
13KB, 277x225px
This is the closest location to me that's been discussed on /x/ so I'm just gonna go ahead and ask here. Anyone know any paranormal stories or locations in Wyoming? Since its the least populated U.S. State I never hear anything :/
>>
>>18991791
>Find this rock
It might help if you tell us where it is
>>
>>18986801
Macky auditorium, apparently a janitor killed a piano player and you can still hear her playing piano on the top floor.
>>
File: 1477712011050.gif (2MB, 187x155px) Image search: [Google]
1477712011050.gif
2MB, 187x155px
>>18986781
kek
>>
>>18986795
Downtown at 2pm.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.