[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any Gnostics here? How do you guys actually practice your religion?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

File: Yaldabaoth.jpg (74KB, 400x541px) Image search: [Google]
Yaldabaoth.jpg
74KB, 400x541px
Any Gnostics here? How do you guys actually practice your religion? I've been reading some of the original gnostic Christian texts like the Gospel of Mary and Gospel of Philip, but it there doesn't seem to be any coherent theology behind them. All I've got is that Yaldabaoth created the universe, there are Archons that have power in the universe somehow, and the true God sent Jesus to reveal the knowledge (gnosis) needed to transcend the physical world.

What ties it all together? Do you meditate? Do you pray?
>>
>>18984990
Pantheism is the true path.
No Mono/Polytheism.
There is no Omnipotency in existence, though, space is Infinite.

>The God of Moses exists by default

Life and everything in it are what they are, things only mean what they mean to you.
Your reality is all there is but this does not mean the other people do not exist, for they surely do.
Life is not a simulation, nor a game.

>Archons are Saints, Saints Mary & Michael included.

It is all simply Magic.
>>
>>18984990
I meditate for myself and I pray for the world, Personally. The truth lies closer to the Jedi way of Purity than any other. Obi-Wan is my spiritual Goal.
>>
>>18984990
It ties itself together, friend. Pantheism and The Force are real.

>The Force is just Objectively stupid and awful, this is why Sith can exist.

If the Force were perfect nobody would need to fight, or exist.
>>
>>18984990
Gnosis is not a religion.
>>
File: 01 Cosmos Consciousness.jpg (120KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
01 Cosmos Consciousness.jpg
120KB, 720x480px
>>18985646
To continue, it is the understanding that the barriers of our human-hood are merely illusions that confide oneself to materialistic and unenlightened behaviors that blind our true selves to believing that you need a place(church) or a ritual to transcend to your higher self.

For example, people sometimes worry more about the car rather than the driver. So our Soul is the driver, our body and Time on this planet is the car. You can trick out, rice, and modify your car in any way you want, but if you don't have the knowledge and understanding about the driver inside(your Soul), you're missing the point of existence.

There was never a need for churches, rituals, or kingdoms and countries based off any religious beliefs on this planet that are necessary to be one with God, or as I call it the Universe(UNI/(Y-oo-ni). It was always inside of us all along.
>>
>>18984990
Pantheism seems to me the most objective choice, and I'm feeling really at peace simply in believing in it, so it is all good
>>
What do Gnostics think about the Book of Job? Cause from what I know about Gnosticism Old Testament God = Demiurge = Satan, so how do Datan and OT God converse?
>>
>>18987664
Satan is an archangel who decided to go out of heaven to have sex with the pretty humans along with 1/3 of the angels. Also they didn't want to bow to Adam and God.

Thanks to them there's evolution in humanity. We get smarter, but also suffer more. When we get a super advanced AI to take care of us, it will be judgement day, normal evolution will stop and genetics will be cracked: humans will be born perfect and incapable of suffering.

Demiurge is the creator of Satan and calls him "Devil" which applies to everything that opposes him. No one is right or wrong in the end, it's just life unfolding.
>>
>>18984990
Why are Gnostics even hopeful? I mean isn't it possible there is just one supremely powerful god and he has trapped us in a hopeless situation? That's what I am coming to believe.
>>
Simulationist Christian here. Convinced my local priest that we are within a simulation purely on probability and timescales, he in turn convinced me that the bible accurately describes the universe if it was a simulation, and has started to steer his congregation down the same path. Expect simulation Christianity to gain popularity in the coming years.
>>
>>18987730
You're a total fag. What does the concept of a simulation even matter except to add a stupid science fiction veneer to religious experience?
>>
>>18987738

It's not about adding anything. It's simply probability. The odds of us being in the original universe instead of one that is simulated is practically nil. Especially when you consider timescales of the cosmos and what is currently going on in the world technologically. The odds of us being alive right now for the first time in history are almost nonexistent.
>>
>>18987743

I also don't personally believe it matters if it's a simulation or not. The effects for the users would be virtually the same, with the difference being if we are within a simulation (or levels of one) we are likely able to bend reality which could lead to some really cool shit
>>
>>18987743
I'm pretty sure its extremely heretical to suggest God is even contained by any rules. never mind that he's a subject in some higher god's world.
>>
>>18987743
>The odds of us being in the original universe instead of one that is simulated is practically nil.
You're fucking retarded. The odds of our universe being a part of someone's dream are much, much greater than the odds of it being a simulation. Firstly because we know that dreams exist but don't know that simulating a universe is actually technologically possible, secondly because at any given time there likely to be at least millions of times as many people dreaming as there are computers simulating a universe.
>>
> coherent theology

You might as well dive into anything if the Gospel of Philip (very great occult book) is leaving you this lost.
>>
>>18987769

The priest seemed to disagree with you, albeit he is just one man and not the Pope or anything. So long as God was able to create our universe as he wanted the priest had no issues with God himself having limitations within his own reality
>>
>>18987814
There are a lot of crappy baptists preachers who teach OSAS trash doctrine. The bible says god is most high. That means there's no veil above him
>>
>>18987823

Priests are Catholic, not baptist.
>>
>>18987827
My point is that the only religious authority is the bible. That's it. The cuck pope is the last person you want to go to for religious interpretation.
>>
>>18987834

Then that explain why the priest was so adamant about God living in the original reality and not being within a simulation himself. If he is "the most high" that could easily mean he is on the top level of the simulation chain, and his were the first to live in the original universe, while we are simulations made in their image. Semi-unrelated side note, if you read Genesis from this perspective God's race are carnivores and he gave us the ability to digest plants where he doesn't have it.
>>
>>18987840
then its not a simulation family
>>
>>18987846

Explain please, I don't follow
>>
>>18987850
the only significance of a simulation is that its contained as a simulacrum of the creator's own reality. Otherwise its just LARPing and window-dressing.
>>
>>18987863

You're assuming that God has some great purpose for us. They might just be bored. We play simulation games on steam all the time, there's no reason to suspect in the future they will stop progressing technologically, eventually, you will be able to create a universe just because you're bored taking a shit
>>
>>18987866
God using the universe for an entertainment has no bearing on it being a "simulation".
>>
>>18987869

Have you heard of Goatsim? Maybe God is playing Earthsim 3017
>>
>>18987743
The odds of us being at anytime are nill. Where's the evidence we're in a simulation?
>>
>>18987866
Not to mention I deign to imagine the immorality of such a thing. I think if God is just he'll stop us before we create our own conscious entities subject to all manner of rules and systems. It makes me sick just thinking of the shitty people I meet from day to day trivially bringing self-aware entities into existence.
>>
>>18987827
Catholic theology asserts that God is the most high as well
>>
>>18984990
i am a christian - what are these gnostic christian texts? can i get a quick rundown?

i imagine they aren't in the bible because they reveal too much, so over the years they were disavowed, i never have heard of them
>>
File: 1456178637806.jpg (61KB, 354x640px) Image search: [Google]
1456178637806.jpg
61KB, 354x640px
>>18987874
>creation as a simulation is immoral
well, if we are in the matrix, then is having a child immoral? is humanity immoral?
>>
>>18987940

They were all unearthed at once in the 40's in some Egyptian ruin. They seem like they're pretty legit. From around 100-200 AD on average. They weren't "censored," it's just that they weren't as popular as the big 4 gospels. So they didn't get in. They are rich in occult knowledge though. I've read the "classics" of Occultism and this collection of some of the Gnostic books found in Egypt is IMO all one needs. I've got the Gnostic Gospels by Vrej Nersessian.
>>
>>18985200
lol
>>
>>18985716
This.
>>
>>18984990
>How do you guys actually practice your religion?

We kind of don't tell.

Have you been invited by God personally?
>>
File: images.jpg (10KB, 243x207px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
10KB, 243x207px
>>18987946
YES
>>
File: jungredbook.jpg (75KB, 300x360px) Image search: [Google]
jungredbook.jpg
75KB, 300x360px
imho you don't go about reaching gnosis simply by reading texts about it. maybe that's the path for you, for me it was the other way around. I got sent on a gnostic experience by the divine assumably, and read up on it in gnostic texts afterwards.

>meditate extensively
>???
>have Gnostic experience
>fight with the archeons
>get to know the aeon
>???
>profit?
>read gnostic texts, pray, learn, grow, doubt, believe
>repeat if needed
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.