[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So if all objects that exist get smaller in our perspective the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (243KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
243KB, 640x480px
So if all objects that exist get smaller in our perspective the further away they are from us, what if space isn't pure black? Maybe we see it as black because there are so many things in our field of view that the countless planets and comets lightyears away form a wall which blocks our vision from what space really is?

>inb4 dumbcunt

I'm not saying that this is all true, but it's fun to theorise. What could space really be like in a place in space where there are no planets around you? Surely there is a point in our incomprehensibly large universe where there are no physical objects. Yet, at least. Or at the very least not enough to create a thick wall around you.

There are countless planets and space rocks, so it could be possible for them to simply create a visual barricade to the "actual" space that we can't observe. Just like how a grain of sand can't cover a normal sized picture facing up on a table, neither could a few planets cover the "actual" space. But if you pour a bucket of sand on the picture, not only does it get covered, but it also covers it in many layers of sand. And there are in fact far more planets in our universe than grains of sand in a bucket, so it seems likely that they could create a wall around our point in universe, this "wall" covering most of the universe.

So. What is space really?
>>
>>18972716
Thats the cool part about space.
>It's infinite
>>
If you're trying to approach space the same way you approach the ocean, then yes the crushing depths are super black just like space. The way the color changes as you descend into the ocean is analogous to the way up or out changes color as you leave the atmosphere.
>>
yeah i've thought about this shit before, then it got me to thinking
imagine being a semi intelligent life form on a pale yellow rock in space with only a handful of stars in sight, coming across a mate once in a lifetime at most and eating very few types of food, orbiting some really dull bleak sun
we really are blessed with such a beautiful planet
>>
File: deepfield.jpg (26KB, 300x294px) Image search: [Google]
deepfield.jpg
26KB, 300x294px
>>18972716
Well you're not wrong.

If you take a telescope and you zoom in on a blank, black part of the sky, you see more stars.

Pic related, Hubble zoomed in on the blackest patch of sky they knew about. Countless galaxies.
>>
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cosmic_latte
>>
wow
>>
>>18972716
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-4471348/1-6-gigapixel-image-Small-Magellanic-Cloud-revealed.html
>>
>what is light
>>
>>18972716
What if that black shit is just like, a rock or something, and we're literally just so small, so nothing that we cant even get trampled by all the bacterial/cosmic shit happening to it
I mean like, a giant, incomprehensible fucking pebble.
>The less autistic theory is that it is simply Infinite.
>The black is simply devoid of light, at least to a point.
>Everything exists by default.
>Nothing is Original.
>God exists whether you want it to or not.
>Flying Spaghetti monster is fucking out there broham.
>But so is the Almighty of Moses.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.