[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If it's true that your belief and faith in something happen

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1493250487809.jpg (55KB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
1493250487809.jpg
55KB, 500x376px
If it's true that your belief and faith in something happen makes it manifest then what happens to all of your friends who believe in a different outcome?

e.g. if you believe in candidate A winning and your friend believes in candidate B then how come everyone gets sucked along with you to the candidate A universe?

shit makes no sense honestly
>>
>>18969731
>be on /x/
>believe "new age bs"
>Proclaim "shit makes no sense honestly"
>not realize the baby boomers made up the "new age" movement
shygddt
>>
your body occupies a finite, non-zero amount of space. your life occupies a non-zero amount of time.

imagine that other "realities" or "universes" are just this universe spread along a 5th axis, p for probability. your mind or soul would presumably occupy a non-zero amount of space on axis p. in other words, you naturally don't exist on "a" timeline, you're sort of spread across many, just like your body has width and depth.

assuming it's possible to manipulate reality with nothing more than belief (i suspect it's not that simple), this would just mean shifting your focus and position to slide your soul along p. you're in a universe where the thing you wanted to happen has happened because you moved there, not because you moved the universe.

just one way to think about it. i still don't think "belief" or "intent" is all there is to the formula. for that matter i'm not really convinced that multiple timelines exist or that even if they exist we can slide among them. but quantum physics does suggest the many-words model is at least possible, and it might explain why gravity is so much weaker than the other forces, or how the double-slit experiment makes sense.

it might. it might not. better to ask these questions of people smarter than /x/.
>>
Its hard to change objective actuality by yourself. Depending on what it is it can be done, things change retroactively in time from when you concept the thought. Normally the objective reality is out of reach for a single mind, you gotta work things subtly
>>
>>18969731
The part of the friend that thought your were more important than the candidate got pulled into your Universe.
>>
>>18972414
>>18969731
100% of any religion relies on the Universe being infinite. Especially when temporal manipulation is considered. Then it's a closed system of time but it never ends or begins.
>>
>>18972416
>100% of religion
[citation missing]
>>
>>18969731
It's only useful in very specific instances. And requires a great deal of forsight and general intelligence. It's not just a wish. It's using pattern to determine outcomes, and change them.
>>
>>18972517
The problem with what you describe, is too many variables. It's not simply having the desire for something to happen. It's taking an active role in helping them happen naturally.
>>
>>18972530
But what's free knowledge if we fuck over our own?
>>
I think the message is, don't be smart. Hurr durr.
>>
>>18972525
Hue hue hue is that him?
>>
>>18972581
Never paid much attention. Kind of defeats the purpose if your nasty and not anonymous.
>>
File: IMG_20170504_102422_321.jpg (115KB, 417x309px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170504_102422_321.jpg
115KB, 417x309px
>>18969731
Abraxas here, they don't come with. You only see a shadow of them in your reality.
>>
>>18972508
>Spoonfeeding autists

It starts from omnipotence
>Seeing "ALL" enlightenment
All powerful

To hold "all" that which is infinite
>>
>>18972707
Still not seeing "universe" anywhere. Hell, some thought the earth was the flat center of the solar system, and you think they had a conception of the universe being infinite (always expanding but also infinite at the same time)?
But that's ok I can tell you are very well educated in comparative religion.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.