[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What exactly is Black Tidings? Japan gave a huge amount of money

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_6097.jpg (232KB, 1000x492px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6097.jpg
232KB, 1000x492px
What exactly is Black Tidings?

Japan gave a huge amount of money to this secretive organization before the 2020 Olympics were announced to be in Tokyo, and Takeda (who signed off on this) refused to say anything about it besides that he approved of the expenditure.

In Akira, the 2020 Olympics would be held in Neo-Tokyo (after the original was destroyed in WWIII), before it got destroyed by one of the main characters (Tetsuo) along with the rest of the city.

Are these things connected somehow? And why the hell is the company named Black Tidings? Tidings means news, and black often signifies something horrific and terrible. Black tidings could mean very, very bad news for us.

What the fuck is happening? Who names their company Black Tidings and why was their such a push to have the Olympics in Tokyo?
>>
File: IMG_6098.jpg (175KB, 799x706px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6098.jpg
175KB, 799x706px
It's super creepy because in the movie, Tetsuo gains increasingly god-like powers and kills many people in a fit of petty, vengeful wrath. Then, he essentially becomes a god and is taken to another reality by Akira, which he creates a universe for.
>>
comics aren't real
>>
>>18969247
i can't find the company's website, but they are an advertising company apparently. that would make sense for "tidings"
>>
File: IMG_6100.jpg (430KB, 682x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6100.jpg
430KB, 682x1024px
>>18969257
But Black Tidings is real. When I mentioned 2020 Olympics and Takeda and Japan's expenditure, I am referring to real life events. Japan really did give a huge sum of money to a secretive organization known as Black Tidings.

Then, it was announced the Olympics would be held in Tokyo in 2020.
>>
File: IMG_6099.jpg (287KB, 667x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6099.jpg
287KB, 667x1000px
No one has any theories on this?
>>
>>18969403
Yeah you're retarded
>>
>>18969412
Thanks for sharing
>>
>>18969403
I did Google this - agreed it's a weird name and it looks like the company is into a lot of shady stuff on the sports side of things.

>http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2016/05/24/national/joc-chief-says-bid-office-told-black-tidings-payment-necessary-signed-off/#.WQvWGjQ8LCQ

But I think it's a mistake to connect this with Akira in any way yet. That said, I wouldn't mind knowing a little more about this company and what else they've been involved in.
>>
>>18969247
Maybe it's a type of propaganda, like making Mario the mascot for the Olympics, I don't believe they're planning a vengeance against the world, maybe it's just making references to a world known anime film
>>
>>18969403
it may be a communication technology organization, with the tech and algorithms neeeded to sanitize and reditec flow of imformation coming in and out of japan.
its to be expected. just my theory.
>>
>>18969439
*redirect
>>
None of my friends have ever heard of akira, even the anime kids. It seems like it was a 90's kids blockbuster anime section thing.

So I doubt most of the world would get the joke if japan. Blew, itself, up?
>>
>>18969256
Who makes the universe?
>>
>>18969256
In the manga, he just dies
>>
File: IMG_6093.jpg (370KB, 1200x852px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6093.jpg
370KB, 1200x852px
>>18969668
Tetsuo I believe, I believe Akira just brings him to the alternate reality and kinda guides him
>>18969676
The movie and the manga were made by the same guy so you can't really say which is canon
>>
A movie set in a dystopian 2019 where the 2020 Olympics is held in Tokyo and a company with a ominous name like black tidings being investigated in bribing to ensure the Olympics is held in Tokyo.

Some good conspiracy shit going on here
>>
File: 20170505_110859.png (1MB, 1440x2140px) Image search: [Google]
20170505_110859.png
1MB, 1440x2140px
>>18969247
This is quite unsettling to be honest.
>>
>>18969689
Are you fucking retarded? The manga is canon, the movie is a super shortened version of the manga with shitty changes, the fucking writer himself said that the manga is absolute canon you bumbling fuck.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.