[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can flat earthers deny evidence like this? https://www.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 252
Thread images: 37

File: 1492906946725.jpg (65KB, 740x574px) Image search: [Google]
1492906946725.jpg
65KB, 740x574px
How can flat earthers deny evidence like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtU_mdL2vBM
>>
inb4 NASA shill
>>
>>18968228
look at all those wires and bubbles

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nIRMTMMf84
>>
>>18968228
people can choose to deny anything if it somehow serves their ego.
>>
>>18968228
confirmation bias and the backfire effect
>>
>>18968228
They're idiots who lack a functioning brain..
>>
>>18968228
Cos they're dumb as shit.
>>
>>18968288
checked
>>
>>18968228
That's what inbreeding gets you.
>>
>>18968260
what the fhuuuck
>>
>>18968260
this dude is retarded
>>
>>18968228
CGI
>>
>>18968260
The opening almost made me want to bust out laughing.
>>
>>18968260

I gave up watching when he said something along the lines of "How come the Earth is dark if the sun is above the Earth."

The sun is behind the earth. The ISS orbits the Earth, a great distance from it's surface. Since the Earth is a sphere (approximately), the ISS's orbit is a larger sphere.

Since it is orbiting, the perspective of the cameras is constantly changing. Since the orbit is a larger sphere than the Earth, the ISS is able to "peek" around the Earth, seeing the sun, which is somewhat behind the Earth.

It's like peeking over a corner in a video game. Same thing.

The ring of light around the Earth is caused by the atmosphere. It's just astronomy.
>>
when this is the curvage then earth must be bigger as told.
>>
>"How is the sun moving!!! Its supposed to be stationary!!!!"
the sun isnt fucking still and neither is the earth or space station, of course you will see movement if you are watching from the pov of something moving at thousands of miles an hour holy FUCK

being a flat earther just shows how fucking badly you failed basic science
>>
>>18968228
How do flat earthers deny evidence?
How do flat earthers deny?
How do flat earthers?
How do?
How?
>>
>>18968861
>the ISS is supposably moving at thousands of miles an hour

Have you seen how big that thing is? It would use up fuel way to fast!
>>
>>18968876
It's in orbit, tard. Doesn't have to burn fuel like that.
>>
File: 1493910502067.png (263KB, 539x334px) Image search: [Google]
1493910502067.png
263KB, 539x334px
>>18968876
>>
>>18968876
G-Gravity and centrifugal force right?
>>
>>18968228
They can't. Your pub stomping their arguments. But you've heard the phrase, can't see past the end of their nose? Ego is, the most powerful thing.
>>
>>18968886
>orbit

Yeah, right. Do you know how fast it would have to go? Like three hundred football fields every second.

Yeah, right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ecjpt9ZFs5g
>>
>>18968892
That was good timing.
>>
>>18968896
There isn't much air resistance up there. Probably not even a sound barrier or shit like that.
>>
>>18968876
Ah, failed third grade science, I see.
>>
>>18968918
Go ahead with your ad hominems, anon. I'd expect nothing less from a NASA shill.
>>
File: 678678.jpg (24KB, 570x574px) Image search: [Google]
678678.jpg
24KB, 570x574px
>>18968931
>>
>>18968228
So let me get this straight. This is what flat earthers believe:
>earth is flat because some horizon photos look flat
>can't explain motion of the sun, moon, planets, stars, or retrograde motion of mars, but oh well
>there is a massive conspiracy to hide this from the public
>all because it conflicts with things said in the bible, and is used to promote atheism and end christianity
>even though the Greeks first said the earth was round, HUNDREDS OF YEARS before Christ

Did I miss anything?
>>
>>18969050
More like they believe the earth is flat because of the bible says so and everything else is just an excuse/defense mechanism
>>
>>18969050
>earth is flat because it looks flat

Occam's razor. Something flat is round? Don't BS me.

>can't explain the moon/sun/stars

holograms

>massive conspiracy

If they can get you to think the earth is round, they can convince you of anything

>the bible is wrong

*tips fedora*

>ancient Greeks were right

Euripides measurements prove that the sun is small and close by.
>>
>>18969109
You mention Occam's razor but believe in this elaborate conspiracy and fucking HOLOGRAMS rather than the simpler answer, that the earth is round.
>I don't know how perspective works
>I get my scientific knowledge from a religious text written at the same time people didn't know germs existed and thought maggots arise spontaneously from dirt
>>
>>18969126
>Thinks that the horizon line is the Earth's curve
>I don't know how perspective works
>>
>>18968228
>Fucking around underwater with a space station prop and a green background
>Superimpose footage taken from a high-altitude plane or balloon with curve added to the footage.

It's not difficult when you've got a few trillion to play around with.
>>
File: Pyramidz.jpg (159KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
Pyramidz.jpg
159KB, 1000x667px
>>18968228

KB thread with information on several things:

>>18969535
>>18969535
>>
If the Earth was flat, there would be night and day at the same time all over the world.
Check mate
>>
File: bml.jpg (6KB, 260x194px) Image search: [Google]
bml.jpg
6KB, 260x194px
>>18968228
>Be nasa
>Fish eye lenses
>Put a repeateable vid of it saying "live"
>Convice people earth is a sphere
>?
>Enough profit: steal from them while they believe in your lies
>They protect you insulting the ones who know earth is flat

You did it again nasa.
>>
they are not glow in the stick they are using you for slaughter
>>
>>18968228
More lies from the Jews at NASA.
>>
>>18969575
Your thread is retarded
>>
>>18969603
>cognitive dissonance
>>
>>18968228
Flat-Earthers will say this is either CGI or a fish-eye lens.

No point even trying to debate them, they're idiots.
>>
File: pointless.gif (8KB, 432x288px) Image search: [Google]
pointless.gif
8KB, 432x288px
>>18970034

it's pointless, mr. cyclops.
>>
>>18968228
>no stars
>no sun
>still looks fake

Ayy lmao
>>
>>18968228
Eric Dubay BTFO
>>
They're scared of existence.
>>
File: datkush_aj.jpg (94KB, 771x701px) Image search: [Google]
datkush_aj.jpg
94KB, 771x701px
>>18970386
that dude makes a lot of good points but in all honesty he is bat shit crazy. he's scared of ethnic diversity. I mean the dude is trying to become the next hitler or some shit
>>
>>18970352
That's because it takes special camera's to see stars, take a regular picture of the night sky, you won't see those stars on your photo either.
>>
>>18969050
>>18969056
>>18969109

The Bible doesn't say the earth is flat you fucking tards. It uses the phrase "four corners of the earth" in the same idiomatic way that we use it today representing the four directions (north east south and west). It all comes from the book of revelations, about four angles standing on four corners holding back four winds. Even the most literalist bible scholars will admit revelations takes poetic liberty. The Greek word for "corner" is the same as "quarter" and some translations of the Bible use that word instead. A sphere absolutely does have quarters.
>>
>>18969603

If you actually watch the feed for awhile you'll know it isn't repeating. Heck every now and then an astronaut will mess with the camera even
>>
>>18969595
So you switch a torch on and you can see it's light in other countries, yeah that makes sense.
>>
>>18968228
Took them long enough to get a camcorder up there. They were having mobile phone calls from the president to the moon (KEK!) and now just as CGI becomes great, they suddenly have "live footage". YEAAAAAAH ok.
>>
File: CGI CRAP.png (310KB, 1215x737px) Image search: [Google]
CGI CRAP.png
310KB, 1215x737px
>>18968228
watch their cgi fail

15:10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpBEduGMapw
>>
>>18970442
He lives in Asia. How the fuck is your assumption based in reality...
>>
>>18971242
>he lives in Asia
>therefore he's not an anti-semitic bigot

Yeah, OK.
>>
>>18970791
Why do you think that's cgi? It's taken with a special light sensitive camera, so it's not what you'd see with the naked eye, but that doesn't mean it's cgi.
>>
>>18968931
>criticizes use of ad hominems
>immediately uses ad hominem
I mean wow. Just wow.
>>
File: robbullen_iss_discovery.jpg (18KB, 610x492px) Image search: [Google]
robbullen_iss_discovery.jpg
18KB, 610x492px
>>18968260
You can see the ISS with a fucking telescope you troglodyte, kill yourself
>>
>>18968260
People like this shouldn't be allowed to live.

Fucking christ I'm triggered.
>>
File: space.jpg (172KB, 647x756px) Image search: [Google]
space.jpg
172KB, 647x756px
>>18968228
"space"
its not real
>>
>>18971275

I dont know if earth is round or flat or if space even exist anymore, I am retarded and I bemae graphic Designer ( I cant even code, to me is magic) but I do understand how cameras work, it pisses me off that this mathematicians you find on 4chan dont even know something even someone wit an IQ of 89 knows.
>>
>>18968228

Mental illness.
>>
>>18972309
So... you don't think it's a cgi?
>>
Do flat earthers even qualify as humans?
>>
>>18968228

this is /x/ yet all the faggot globeheads are infesting here should fuck off and go to /sci/
>>
>>18971275

ball earth apologist much?
>>
>>18971575
They literally think its a painted on roof dude.
>>
>>18968228
I didn't watch your video, because you don't need evidence. Why has nobody ever seen the edge of the earth? Why is it that you can fly around the world in one direction and end up right back where you were? We are all free right now to go and learn how to apply mathematics and track the relative locations of the stars as we rotate around the sun. It's dark out where I am right now. If I had chinese friends and called them right now, it would be daytime. If you genuinely think the earth is flat you're a fucking idiot.
>>
>>18971887
>>18970791
NICE TRY CIA , NICE TRY VERY VERY NICE TRY , TRY AGAIN
No, they don't want none
No, they don't want none
No, they don't want none
No, they don't want none
No, they don't want none

No, they don't want none
No, they don't want none
No, they don't want none
No, they don't want none
No,, they don't want none
No they don't want none

No- they don't want none
>>
File: 1431189007386.jpg (392KB, 2502x3203px) Image search: [Google]
1431189007386.jpg
392KB, 2502x3203px
This thread again. Lets see if the flatties have new arguments and can solve the first step for once.

Consider the stars.
In a flat earth model, all the earth sees the same stars, at the same time, since they are fixed on a dome revolving above the surface.
However, the constelations change from one hemisphere to another. Sailors have (had, rather) to use different star charts when they wanted to travel down to africa.
They also change gradually, and the variation in the night sky corresponds with the curvature of the earth.
If you cant explain this, at least try to answer this question: How can the Cape of Good Hope, the Cape of Storms and Australia all see the Southern Cross if the are supposed to be spread out in opposite parts of the flat model?
>>
>>18973640
>>18973599

/thread
>>
>>18968260
This idiot needs to be shot into space left to orbit the planet with no food and water left to die.
>>
>>18969050
Don't forget that at one point we believed the earth was flat (established thought by powers at be), but somehow authoritarian earth controllers moved to
>earth is round
>but.... it's really flat
>even though we once touted it being flat
>so now we have to go through the trouble of green screens and shit.
>>
>>18970489
Just increase the exposure time.
>>
>>18969050
Actually even Most of all Christians who ever lived didn't think the earth was flat. It's just how we see the past to feel more enlghtend when in fact our times are more retarded then ever. Hence flat earth conspiracy videos on youtube.
>>
>>18972502
yes please fuck off. I want to see /sci/ btfo a fuking flatbrain. shit would be cash
>>
>>18971887
pls tell me this is a troll pic
>>
>>18973681

Do you enjoy being as ignorant as a stone age peasant?
>>
>>18969109
Euripides was a playwright, not a mathematician you dip.

That would be like saying George Lucas' measurements prove there's sound in space.
>>
>>18975375
>He didn't see George Lucas's Alien

In space no one can hear you scream, retard.
>>
>>18968861
How do we have stars that align with pyramids in an EXACT position that has been the same for thousands of years? Are the stars moving together with us? Is the universe "flying" through space like we do? The most basic way to debunk that the earth is spinning around a sun which is speeding througg earth, is to just look at the stars. But unfortunately humans are stupid and these threads are literally made by shills and why is every fucking flat earth thread 404'd and not archived like every other fucking thread? And idiots who believe NASA is real, fuck you all. You have all been shilled into thinking that you are smart, when in reality you are just controlled sheep. Scientism is what has hit you and these globalist wont stop at anything to ridicule the masses. Our entire history is a hoax, going back to the fucking dinosaurs. Its all theories, and astrology is pseudo science. The original flat earth proofs have been deleted and replaced with bullshit "flat earth" theories, just to ridicule actual flat earthers. The flat earth society is a psy-ops to show how "dumb" flat earthers are but ofc that is because they control it and yeah, what can i say. You have all been trolled, humanity in a nutshell. They have gone so far that even if you would see proof of a flat earth, your brain would instantly dissmis it, you wouldnt even consider to think of it actually being true and ofcourse you would never test and see for yourself because you just dismissed it, no way it could be true right? I bet yall believe in the holocaust and the moonlanding too. Lol, fucking idiots, you will never be woke. You will never see the truth, simply because you dony even seek it. There are more important things to do on earth right?
>>
>>18969050
Zetetic astronomy
>>
>>18969126
He is obv shilling. You would be suprised.. See my earlier post, gain some insight. And do a little research on the "south-pole".
>>
File: 1490731205941.png (267KB, 480x527px) Image search: [Google]
1490731205941.png
267KB, 480x527px
>>18975474
>This thread again. Lets see if the flatties have new arguments and can solve the first step for once.
>Consider the stars.
>In a flat earth model, all the earth sees the same stars, at the same time, since they are fixed on a dome revolving above the surface.
>However, the constelations change from one hemisphere to another. Sailors have (had, rather) to use different star charts when they wanted to travel down to africa.
>They also change gradually, and the variation in the night sky corresponds with the curvature of the earth.
>If you cant explain this, at least try to answer this question: How can the Cape of Good Hope, the Cape of Storms and Australia all see the Southern Cross if the are supposed to be spread out in opposite parts of the flat model?
>>
>>18969595
No. The sun moves around the earth. Knowing the actual flat earth model and not the shill models, would suprise you.

This link is for everyone in the thread who actually would just consider it a little bit and just want to understand how real flat earthers think.

>http://www.sacred-texts.com/earth/za/
>>
>>18970034
This is proof of how much they can affect one. While you guys call flat earthers idiots and huge blown up egocentrists, you forget to look past the truth, and whats in front of you. In fact, what you say about them goes around and comes back at you, for not even considering the possibility. You are so sure of yourselves that you wont even look, youd rather close your eyes and let the shills do the job for you. They own you, and you dont even see it. There is much more to earth and life than what we are told. The globalist-materialistic shilling has sickened the pop so much even their brains are damaged. You cant think outside this little box called, life that has been created around you for some hundred years.
>>
>>18970442
Ethnic diversity leads to a society where people tend to forget their culture, their history, and their religion. A human without its roots have no difference from a robot. Take it from one who has lives in Sweden, "the most diverse country in the world". Diversity is good, but too much of it destroys a country like nothing else. See the fall of rome. Europe has already fallen and the idiots dont even notice it. The globalists are shilling at maximum and people just do whatever theyre indirectly told to do, but ofc its not indirectly, right?
>>
How does the flat earth account for measurable processes like plate tectonics?
>>
>>18975480
I know you wont even consider looking into it but whatever, here you go.

http://www.sacred-texts.com/earth/za

http://www.sacred-texts.com/earth/za/za02.htm
>>
>>18975480

>>18975465

Ok then, how do you disprove this?
>>
>>18975512

It doesn't, because it's a mental illness.
>>
>>18970442
>ethnic diversity is good

kid....
>>
>>18975465
I meant speeding through space.
>>
>>18975512
Can you give me proof of that theory?

Oh right, its a theory. Scientism my friend, that is what you have been hit with.
>>
>>18975521

>Another phenomenon supposed to prove rotundity, is thought to be the fact that Polaris, or the north polar star

p. 231

>sinks to the horizon as the traveller approaches the equator, on passing which it becomes invisible. This is a conclusion fully as premature and illogical as that involved in the several cases already alluded to. It is an ordinary effect of perspective for an object to appear lower and lower as the observer goes farther and farther away from it. Let any one try the experiment of looking at a light-house, church spire, monument, gas lamp, or other elevated object, from a distance of only a few yards, and notice the angle at which it is observed. On going farther away, the angle under which it is seen will diminish, and the object will appear lower and lower as the distance of the observer increases, until, at a certain point, the line of sight to the object, and the apparently uprising surface of the earth upon or over which it stands, will converge to the angle which constitutes the "vanishing point" or the horizon; beyond which it will be invisible.

>What can be more common than the observation that, standing at one end of a long row of lamp-posts, those nearest to us seem to be the highest; and those farthest away the lowest; whilst, as we move along towards the opposite end of the series, those which we approach seem to get higher, and those we are leaving behind appear to gradually become lower.

>This lowering of the pole star as we recede southwards; and the rising of the stars in the south as we approach them, is the necessary result of the everywhere visible law of perspective operating between the eye-line of the observer, the object observed, and the plane surface upon which

p. 232

>he stands; and has no connection with or relation whatever to the supposed rotundity of the earth.

I did read some. The intro is a glowing editorial and the quoted passage is nonsensical. How far away are these fucking stars supposed to be?
>>
>>18975538
wikipedia.org/wiki/Plate_tectonics
This is literally high school grade stuff.
>>
>>18975550

Before implying that it is because the earth is spinning, try to imagine the distance, if it were light years, it would take some few years for us to see the whole movement, not hours but many many years.

Here, have a read, maybe itll make some sense.

>https://christianflatearthministry.org/2015/09/03/distance-of-stars-debunked-part-1/

No one actually knows for a fact how far or how close the stars are. What is a fact tho is that we are not orbiting around a sun that accelerates through the universe.
>>
File: supercontinents.jpg (139KB, 787x1024px) Image search: [Google]
supercontinents.jpg
139KB, 787x1024px
>>18975558
Wikipedia.. Lol.. And i know the studies, ive done them. I did an essay on this actually, some 7k words, and got an A. I know the basics of geography. But, just so you know, do NOT mistake theory for a fact.

And really, do you think that the continents drifted away, are now drifting back again, so that they sooner can drift away again? How long has the earth supposedly existed? What was it? 6 million years? Or was it billions? Anyway, and in that many years, the plates has only drifted apart once?

Think about it.

>Where do all the continents start?
>Erm as one big continent. Its called Pangea.
>Ok, so then what?
> Erm, they all split up
> Right, so what happens next?
> Erm, they all become one big continent again.
> Then what?
>Nothing. That's the end.
> What so the land just split itself into loads of bits, and then reformed again?
> That's the top and bottom of it yes.
> Just once?
> Yes
> How very convenient. And what is the new continent called?
> Pangea Proxima
> Is there any chance you are making this up?
> No, I swear on the Conspiracy.
> Are you sure you aren't using this elaborate earth reformation to explain things you don't understand?
> Can someone remove this guy? He is making me uncomfortable.
> Don't shoot!

you rly buying this rubbish? We just happen to be in the golden age of earthly separation right now. It just gets more silly.
>>
>>18975590
Proxima Centauri is 4.24 light years away or 4.011 × 1013kilometers away. This is known be measuring the stellar parallax.
https://lco.global/spacebook/parallax-and-distance-measurement/
>>
>>18975624
I don't believe you. Provide the alternate hypothesis that explains it, and discount plate tectonics other than saying lol that doesn't make sense. Make an actual fucking argument. At least the other guy posted some links.
>>
>>18975642
Bro, dont give me some pseudo sceince bullshit.

Here, have a read.

In the days of Galileo and Keplar, Tycho Brahe rejected heliocentrism primarily because of the complete lack of Stellar Parallax. In the last hundred years or so tiny changes in position of stars have been observed which we are told are Stellar Parallax. The reason these changes in position are so tiny (we are told) is because the stars are trillions of kilometres distant, light years away.

What is also not told to the general public is that half of the stars which exhibit parallax actually exhibit NEGATIVE PARALLAX.

If stellar parallax indicates that a particular star is closer to the main background of stars then negative stellar parallax should indicate that a particular star is further away than the main background of stars.

This however is completely incompatible with the conventional model of astronomy which teaches that the furthest stars exhibit no parallax because of their great distance from the earth. My question therefore is how do we deal with the issue of negative parallax in an open and honest way?

I believe that conventional astronomical community are in open fraud because they completely ignore negative parallax readings, explaining them away as measurement errors, at the same time as they happily use positive parallax readings to “prove” their theories in opposition to geocentrism. That is intellectual skulduggery of the worst kind in my view and is basically a lie. If negative parallax readings are “errors” then what cause do we have to assume that positive parallax readings are not themselves also “errors”.

For further information on this issue please read Dr. Neville Thomas Jones Ph.D., D.I.C., M.Sc.(Phys), M.Sc.(Comp), B.Sc.(Hons) which also has some useful diagrams
>>
>>18975624
You are a fucking idiot that doesnt know anything about continental drift. https://youtube/ovT90wYrVk4
>>
>>18975657
You want links? Here ya go. Make sure to check the refs too.
Plate tectonics is all theories, and once again, theory does NOT mean its a FACT.

>http://www.icr.org/article/continental-drift-plate-tectonics-bible/
>>
>>18975694
I googled that doctor, and it aeems he believes Jackie assassinated JFK, so I'm not about to take the man seriously. Provide a source for your claims because you aren't convincing me, and it seems that the vast majority of the scientific community would claim that you're the one spouting vague pseudo science bullshit.
>>
>>18975624
there have been multiple supercontinents retard
>>
>>18975736
I know all about it. Ive done both geography 1 and 2, at uni level. I scored an A and a B, and i can tell you this. 50% of what they teach are theories, the other 50% is pseudo-science, which means that it can not be proven nor disproven. And ofcourse they skip all the other more likely theories simply because it doesnt fit their agenda. You should know by now that schools, colleges universities etc are almost all governed by the same (((persons))). Once and if you see that the world is run, you will put all the pieces together. Forget the flat earth model for a second, there is yet much more to discover. Once you find out that the satanic worshippers are the same politicians and billionaires who runs and governs your country, only then you will get it.
>>
File: 1491028509181.png (187KB, 758x631px) Image search: [Google]
1491028509181.png
187KB, 758x631px
>>18975743
>Continental Drift and The Bible.
Dropped
>>
>>18975749
George bush was in on the assasination od jfk. There were, if i remember correctly, 8 sharp shooters stationed, not one. And they did kill one of the shooters in plain sight when he realized he was about to get killed. He even turned himself shouting out im unarmed. He got arrested, a few sec after that he was shot down, plain sight, in front of the police. The us government, cia, fbi, mossad, Nasa, its all dirty. There is no such thing as democracy.

Id recommend you to watch this. Itll change your view on life entirely. You can even do some easy googling to back the statements that are made.

>https://youtu.be/U1Qt6a-vaNM
>>
>>18975792
What does any of that have to do with the fact that your pet whacko thinks Jackie Kennedy somehow shot her husband in the head in front of all those people?
>>
>>18975754
Why do we have kangaroos in australia but not in another continent with a similar climate? Or fuck the kangaroos, lets try harder. Lets try every fucking animal who is like the kangaroos. Why? Is it because evolution? Whats next? Monkeys are our fathers? The universe was created by an explosion as little as an pea? Where did that pea come from? Oh right, it just was there and exploded and out came the whole fucking universe. Am i right? Have you even considered any other possibility or explanation or have you simply been going along with only (((their))) theories? Think outside the box for once. Just try. Do you know what critical thinking is?
>>
>>18975792
I know.. But just skip the biblical part, im not a bibliever but the statements that are made does not come from the bible.
>>
>>18975815
>>18975777

Nice trips
>>
File: paul_allen_business_card.jpg (21KB, 639x343px) Image search: [Google]
paul_allen_business_card.jpg
21KB, 639x343px
>>18975820
First time in 10 years. Guess I should post more
>>
>>18975804
Who knows, maybe its true, you can never be too sure, always keep that in mind.
>>
>>18975694
>tycho brahe rejected heliocentrism.

Right. He was wrong. He couldn't accept data over his preconceived Aristotelian beliefs.

>We are told it is stellar parallax.

Move over to the left, the closer stars appear to move a little bit to the left. Move over the the right, the closer stars appear to move a little bit to the right. This is parallax by definition. If you have reason to believe that it's only some kind of illusory trick, by all means present evidence. pro-tip, you can't.

>stars exhibit negative parallax.

False.

>main background stars

Negative parallax will only happen relative to other stars. So if the stars are exhibiting "negative parallax" to the "main background stars", then the "main background stars would have a much more positive parallax relative to them. You are correct that the furthest galaxies would exhibit no parallax. And they don't. Thus all stars with a measurable parallax are a positive parallax relative to them. Indeed parallax is only measurable in relatively close stars. Your premise that stars only exhibit negative parallax is not only false, it's self contradictory. Thus it indicates a lack of understanding of the subject.

>Dr. Neville Thomas Jones

A quick googling reveals that Dr. Jones is a garden variety conspiracy theorist fraud. His argument that Apollo missions didn't go to the moon is that the Saturn V rockets never reached escape velocity. This reveals he doesn't understand what escape velocity is. This reveals a sub-high school education.
>>
>>18975815
the ICR is the Institute for Creation Research.

They pull everything out of their ass just for a literal interpretation of the Bible.
>>
>>18975832
>you can never be too sure

Well I've seen the Zapruder film, so yes, I can be sure.
>>
>>18975624
>I've done studies
>I wrote an essay in grade school

Those are two difference things.
>>
>>18975838
Do you have any FACT that disproves him? Not data or a theory but a fact? Im not claiming to have any facts, im just giving alternate theories that makes more sense to me.

The stellar parallax, i will not fall for a made up equation that is backing a theory. You make a straight line from lets say east and west and draw a straight line to that star which will give you its exact distance?

Fuck that doctor, but the moonlanding IS a hoax. It was filmed in Hollywood, the producer was Disney himself lol, fuck you too shill.
>>
>>18975864
Yes they are, but to write an essay about it you have to study it, right? Or should i back my sayings from information coming out from my ass? What are you trying to say?
>>
>>18975884
A fact that disproves Dr. Jones? Yes, because astronauts went to the moon, and they never needed escape velocity, since they never left the gravitational pull of the earth.
>>
>>18975896
>to write an essay about it you have to study it, right?

Which apparently you didn't do.
>>
>>18975848
Yes, he was first shot in the lung/neck somewhere, then a headshot to make sure he was dead. And alot of shots missing too, but what i was trying to say, just as how the government paints the murder of jfk, theyll paint other things as well, just do not blindly believe everything that is being told by the msm and the elites. Do your own research, i am not saying that the earth is flat for a fact, but more that from what ive seen, everything points out more to that conclusion. The rest is completely up to you
>>
>>18975945
Well, i did, but if you dont believe me there is not much more to say, you can leave this thread together with your irrelevance. Have a good day.
>>
>>18975966
The reason I don't believe you is you're demonstrating fuck all knowledge on the subject.
>>
>>18975884
No, that the earth is a globe that is orbiting around a sund which is flying through space? Is that a fact or a theory made up by som bs NASA scientists?

And no, the moonlanding never happened. Just by believing it did actually happen shows how ignorant you are. You can say the same about me, i wont mind it, but this is what i think.
>>
>>18975970
No, i am not saying fuck all knowledge. I am saying fuck the only theories that we are made to believe and go look for alternate theories.

Also, you would be suprised how much of what we actually know is false. I was simple minded too before. Believed everything the school had to teach us. I even believed the holocaust. Theory is not knowledge. But still we are made to believe so. There is a very big difference between theory and fact. Next time you open that book of yours about science, especiallt physics, you will notice how everything is a theory. Think of it like this. By not stating that it is a fact, what (((they))) claim, they can just say that it is a theory. A theory is hard to be disproven, especially in physics because no simple minded man would ever come up with theories like for example Einstein. And there is no way that we can disprove them too, so we simply just follow what they say. And astronomy, the whole thing is pseudo-science. There is no way a normal man like me could go out to space amd "explore". There is a reason for that. There is a reason only NASA are the credible ones. There is a reason why we can not visit the southpole. This world is so fake that we would never even consider it being so. Theyve got us exactly where they want us and there is nothinf we can do about it, except try to find the truth. But that truth will not be a good one. It will haunt you the rest of your life. Knowing that almost everything you know is made up, and that you cant do a shit about it. Knowing that democracy and freedom only exists in our heads. I can go on forever but you will never get it unless you really open up your eyes. Just forget about the flat earth for a moment, it will come once you discover the "real" truths.
>>
>>18976004
>Believed everything the school had to teach us

You didn't even listen to half of it

>I believed in the holocaust

And now you're retarded.

>Everything in physics is a theory

And much of it a fact. Maybe if you spent more time in English class you'd be using the proper definition of theory in this context.

>there's no way you can disprove physics

On the contrary, all of physics is falsifiably

>there's no way a normal man like me could go into space and explore

You know who else doesn't go into space? Astronomers. And amateur astronomers discover new stuff all the time.

>there is a reason why we cannot visit the south pole

You're thinking of Montana. People tour the south pole all the time.

>i can go on forever

Given you're just making up random shit, that doesn't surprise me.
>>
>>18975970
Otherwise i would be a cocky motherfucker just trying to spew some bullshit for the lulz or maybe a deluded idiot who is shitposting, but i know the studies. I know their side of the story, just as you do. But keep in mind that it JUST is their side of the story. Every other story gets labeled as a hoax or as a joke so that no one will believe it and instantly throw it to the trash. We dont look at the trash, that is our mistake. If we just did it, instead of blindly following or believing everythinf we are being told by (((big brother))), we would live in a much more peaceful, harmonus world. If you or anyone else is reading, just take a look at this video.

>https://youtu.be/-RIBO7VB0VE

It is 1 hour, but just look at it. Just listen to the man, you dont have to believe him. Just hear what he has to say.
>>
File: plate-boundaries.jpg (68KB, 750x418px) Image search: [Google]
plate-boundaries.jpg
68KB, 750x418px
>>18975624
>ive done my studies
>i dont know basic tectonics
>i dont know the age of the earth
First lets get some things straight:
Your highschool textbook doesnt qualify as "studies". Nor does your less-than-10k-words homework essay.
You dont know the basics of geography if you dont understand tectonics.
Scientific theories are not layman's "theories". A theory is a complete and proven set of statements, its not a "possibility". Every theory has been proven over and over with our current equipment and knowledge. A theory is very much a fact.
The earth is 4.5 billion years old. Not 6 million. Not 6 billions.

Now, tectonics for retards. Below the earth there is a lot of magma. This magma moves in circular currents between the core (very hot) and the surface of the mantle (not as hot). This builds up an insane ammount of pressure. There are cracks in the crust of the earth, and these are volcanic hotspots. And they spew magma, which literally creates new crust and displaces the plates its between. These plates "insert" themselves under another plate, and it sinks into the magma. Pic related explains it way better than I can hope to do.
There are lots of different connections and boundary types between plates, but this is the basic theory.
America and Europe are drifting apart because there is a massive underwater volcanic ridge that is creating new material. All those earthquakes on the US west coast are basically the whole North American Plate crashing against the Pacific (and Juan the Fuca) Plate. If youre observant, you'll also see that where plates meet, massive mountain ridges happen. Like the Andes in South America or the Himalaya.
Tectonics is something we can actually observe and measure on a yearly basis. If you want to make your retarded contrarian fanfiction, make it on something I cant disprove in a single post.
>>
>>18976021
The south pole is heavily guarded by the military. If there is expeditions, its just for show.
Have you heard of operation Fishbowl? No one comes in and out as they want to. You are obv a shill. Whole ww2 was made up, it has not even ended yet.

And sure, try to ridicule me, i couldnt care less.
>>
>>18976051
>heavily guarded by the military

Again, you're thinking of Montana. There isn't any military presence in Antarctica. By treaty it's banned, except for things like flying suplies into Montana.

>try to ridicule me

You think that Walt Disney faked the moon landing even though he died three years before the first one happened. Of course I'm going to ridicule your dumb ass.
>>
>>18976029

Well, i have nothig to say to you if you are believing the uranium-lead dating method. And as for the tectonics, i am not claiming that it doesnt exist, nor that earthquakes and tsunamies are made by gods hand. Maybe there is a truth to some part, maybe the whole thing is false, maybe i am retarded as fuck, but i wont fall for what the globalists teachings. Even climate change, or global warming is a hoax, made up to suck your money. But i guess you are that one idiot who completely relies on (((their))) science and nothing else. Your world would collapse and shatter into pieces if you just found out a tiny little bit of the truths theyve been covering up. But whatever, think as you will my friend, i will do so too.
>>
>>18976023
Anon, they measure the continents drifting. They set up sensors. They track the rates that the continents drift. This is not a "story." It is fact. Is there an alternate "story?" Are there people setting up sensors and showing there is no movement? No. You're trying to act as if there are two sides, but there aren't two sides. Some retard with a youtube channel claiming there's no such thing as continental drift is not the opposite of scientists with all the evidence.

>just look at this retarded flat earth video

Alright, let's got through this

>gyroscopes in artificial horizons don't show the rotation of the earth, thus the earth is flat

Gyroscopes in artificial horizons are not the only mechanism. There are mechanisms in artificial horizons There are devices called pendulous vanes that constantly calibrate the gyro so it's aligned with gravity.

>why do we see perfect circles of the stars around polaris.

We do not. They only appear to be closely circles. We don't see motion due to the revolution of the earth, because that takes one full year to accomplish, and these time lapse videos only last a few hours.

>the earth drops 8 inches per miles squared

An approximation, but it's valid over the first several miles.

>that means the boat should be 200 inches below the horizon

No, that means the water the boat is sitting in is 200 inches below the horizon. The top of the boat would be above that. That's why hulls disappear first, and then sails. You also have to take into account the height of a viewer. This is all a common error these people keep making.

>if you get a pair of binoculars it comes back again

No, it doesn't. You might see the sail bigger, but you won't see the hull again.

>salt flat in Bolivia is perfectly flat

No, it's perfectly level, which is two different things. A person standing at one end won't see a person at the other end, even with a telescope
>>
>>18976060
No im not. The military activity there is huge. But of course, the msm says there is no activity there so then it is fine, because they are always telling the truth. There havent been any military exercises there either right? By the russians, by the us.. This is not public material right? Ffs..

And oh, you think it took a few days to fake that landing? Sure, whatever. You are probably that american patriot who thinks your country is so righteous and truthful. Go and shit your pants or something, ameritard
>>
>>18976101
>haha you have no proofs of tectonics i dont believe you :DD
>Here you go, proof of tectonics.
>i dont believe you still because that is jew magic science and muh globalism
Maybe if you provided some valid experiments, some studies, some mathematical proof, then you would be taken seriously. Right now youre like a child swearing that there is a monster in his closet, but that everytime you go and see, its not there. And its the (((teachers))) fault.
Science is not a dogma. Its not a set-in-stone discipline. You yourself can contribute to it, if you discover and demonstrate the truth. Maths cant lie. A laser detector cant lie.
If anything, being that youre scared of le globalism and NWO making up the truth, actual science should be your tool.

I will never understand you people.
>>
>>18976101
I despair over the sheer idiotic contrarianism this type of thing shows

>nuh-uh! Up is down and water is fire!
>don't trust teh gloablist commie nazi jew lizardmen who say different!
>you can't prove me wrong! You're not my real dad!
>>
>>18976101
hahahahaha "globalists teachings"

in regards to OP's video tho , the ambient music is tight
>>
>>18968288
only facts get dubs
>>
>>18976125
>it's like a mirror when rains! That means it's flat

No, curved mirrors are also a thing.

>you can see the other side!

Only the mountains, not the base of the mountains. This salt flat is a perfect place to prove the curvature.

>pictures of the earth are photoshopped

Some are composite, that doesn't make them wrong. Maybe of the photos of the earth are not photoshopped.

>they have to be photoshopped

If the earth were flat, then yes. It turns out that no, many aren't photoshopped which debunks flat earth.

>flight planes on flat earth are different than flight plans on the real earth.

Yes, on this guy's flat earth model, if you want to go from LA to Australia, you'd take off and fly northwest, and go in a straight line.

Real flights don't do that, because the earth isn't flat. Flight plans make sense on the round earth, not on flat earth.

>you can't fly over the ring (imaginary ice wall) and get anywhere

On a flat earht model, yes. There are flights that go over antarctica though, which is how you know it's round.

>we're not allowed to go there

Another lie

>there was an nuclear test called "fishbowl"

And there was one called Hardtack, and one called Plumbob, and one called Teapot, and one called Aqueduct, and one called Sculpin. They picked names at random, because at the time they were secret tests, and all projects were given random names for counterintelligence reasons. Trying to find hidden clues in random things is a classic symptom of mental illness.

>you don't feel like you're going fast at the equator

Nor would you. You don't feel like you're going 500 mph when you're on a jet plane. The only thing you feel are contact forces. Not motion itself.

>the Challenger astronauts are still alive

No, they're not. This not only has widely been debunked, it's really tasteless. These are just people with the same names, or in one case the bother of the dead. They barely even look similar.
>>
>>18976210
>space shuttle had no fuel

No, it did. It's maneuvering thrusters had enough fuel to insert into orbit, while the external tank just continued the ballistic trajectory and falls back to earth.

>Kubrick left clues that he faked the moonlanding

Right. Danny has an apollo hand knit sweater in the Shining. That's not really clue though. that's a mentally ill person grasping at straws again.

>Roswell was the first time anybody understood the idea of aliens

No it wasn't.

>if the earth is spinning at 1000 mph how come the clouds aren't going backwards at 1000 mph

Because the atmosphere is spinning with it.

Honestly, this is all just the standard FE bullshit, with nothing knew to offer, and a person would have to be really dumb to fall for any of it.
>>
>>18976101
>I don't believe in uranium-lead dating

Do you have a valid reason not to believe it?

Or do you disbelieve it because it contradicts your preconceived notions?
>>
>>18976136
>the military activity there is huge

Beyond air force airplanes bringing in supplies, no it isn't.

>military exercises

You're probably referring back to Operation Highjump That was back in the 40s, before the treaty. And even then it was an exploration mission, not a military mission.
>>
>>18976060
I've been to Montana loads of times, what am I missing?
>>
>>18976125
>>18976210
>>18976182
>>18976165
>>18976150

Since i am on my phone, and i dont have a photographic memory, here ya go.

http://www.atlanteanconspiracy.com/2015/08/200-proofs-earth-is-not-spinning-ball.html?m=1

Also, i take back anything i said about tectonic plates because i never really did actual research on how it would fit into a non-spinning-globe or a flat earth theory except some googlings when it came up.

But i still stand behind the moon, holocaust, jfk, and many more made up official stories.

Another also just because. The terrorist attack that happened in Sweden was a big falseflag.

Have a nice day fellow humans.
>>
>>18976252
Yeah, right, shill. Like I'm just going to believe you've been to Montana. Nobody can go there, the miltary keeps everybody out. The UN miltiary that is.
>>
>>18976262
Montana really liked the idea of going to war and has a bunch of military camps
>>
>>18976262
So, you admit that you were lying through your teeth but not before bullshiting some more and running away in the hopes that people stop calling you out on your braindead retardation?
>>
>>18976262
You know every one of those have been debunked, right?

Although most of them are just repetitions of early claims.

Also, none of these are "proofs." Eric Dubay keeps misusing that word. If any were proofs, you'd only need one. Not two hundred.

These are claims. As it turns out, false claims.
>>
>>18976263
Look m8 I jerked off a buffalo right into Grand Prismatic, don't tell me where I did and didn't go.
>>
>>18976282
If that's true, how come there are no real photographs of Montana? They're all photoshopped.
>>
>>18976252
He is probably trying to derail it, why i dont know, but there are some strange shit going on in/on the poles. And they are guarded as fuck. Some claim there are Nazi bases there with heavily advanced technology such as space shuttles preparinf for a comeback, others claims that the dome infirnament of the earth can be seen/found/tested/proven there. More theories are that the "entrance" to the hollow earth can be found there, that an ancient (non-human) civilization exists there, also with heavily advanced technology etc.

I do not know for sure, but what i do know is that there is something really fishy going on there and that the higher powers are doing everything they can to keep it hidden from the population.
>>
>>18976279
I wasnt lying. I never made any statements about it being false. I was just looking for an alternate "truth", but i was too hasty, that i apologize for.
>>
>>18976295
>Some claim there are Nazi bases there with heavily advanced technology such as space shuttles preparinf for a comebac

Again, you're describing Montana. Nobody really knows what's going on there since it's guarded so closely, but it's almost certainly a secret Nazi hide out. Some folks say they're trying to dig a tunnel to the moon.
>>
File: Grand Prismatic.jpg (40KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
Grand Prismatic.jpg
40KB, 960x540px
>>18976291
19 trillion hours in paint
>>18976295
My aunt went to Antarctica in the 90s and brought me back my own baby shoggoth but I over fed him and he died
>>
>>18976312
Doesn't even look close to being real.
>>
>>18976303
>I was just looking for an alternate "truth", but i was too hasty, that i apologize for.
Fucking please jackass, you can dress it however the fuck you want, "looking for alernate "truths"" won't suddenly make them true, if that shit was as easy as that 2/3 of the site would already be on Gensokyo

You refuse the most base proofs we have and try to act like you're just reaching for another conclusion while calling everything we post bullshit even though the only thing you can post is about people with strong feelings about one thing or another
>>
File: Smug BBQ girl.jpg (81KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Smug BBQ girl.jpg
81KB, 1280x720px
Its like I'm dealing with five different brands of crazy and retardation at the same time in this thread, holy shit

I'm fucking out
>>
File: Big Thumb.jpg (102KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
Big Thumb.jpg
102KB, 960x540px
>>18976316
Well fuck you, I worked hard on it. Is this one any better?
>>18976328
That is literally the only reason I come to /x/
>>
>>18976335
Holy shit that cgi is so dated. Literally the Scorpion King looks more realistic.
>>
>>18973599
You are an ignorant idiot
>>
File: East MT.jpg (60KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
East MT.jpg
60KB, 960x540px
>>18976343
You're hurting my fee fees. Earths round btw
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (26KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
26KB, 480x360px
>>18976281
I can say the same about the earth being a globe orbiting through a sun that is flying through the universe. I could buy that the earth is an actual globe rotating around the sun, but the spinning part, the sun flying through space, there are many things that doesnt add up.

If we look at the Giza pyramids (pic related) for example, which was built some 4500 years ago, the perfect alignment they have with these three stars, (and no it is not mercury, venus and saturn) but actual stars. It would not be possible if the earth was orbiting around a sun that literally is flying through space simpmy because we would not be at the same place. And dont start with the lightyears shit. There are toomabh things we have been told that doesnt line up. As i said, i could go with the rotating around the sn model but still, for me the sun might as well rotate around the earth. Im just saying, im just trying to be rational.
>>
File: [Pterodactyl noises].png (223KB, 680x387px) Image search: [Google]
[Pterodactyl noises].png
223KB, 680x387px
I gotta ask, why are flatearthers becoming a thing again?

Actually, why are we devolving as a society? IO'm starting to see a lot more of those insane ramblings as of late
>>
>>18976357
>I can say the same about the earth being a globe orbiting through a sun that is flying through the universe. I could buy that the earth is an actual globe rotating around the sun, but the spinning part, the sun flying through space, there are many things that doesnt add up.
So, I guess you can post some proof of that? And I mean actual proof, not some random retard having strong feelings about something while ignoring everything that proves him wrong
>>
>>18976357
Its funny how searching for your pic all the results on google, yandex, bing, etc are all about magical cures and energies, nothing about it being a phenomenon or even real
>>
Listen to Mason Neil Tyson talk about the pear shaped oblate spheroid we live on then go look at all the photos of Earth from NASA. It should not take many braincells to realize Nasa/Tyson/Sagan is full of Shit. But muh aliens and spacetravel!! Idiots
>>
>>18976321
I am not refusing anything, i am open to everything, but there are some scientific methods that cant be trusted, one that i learned from my chemistry teacher whos an actual chemist and has been so for a few 25 years. The uranium-lead dating method to get how old the earth is etc or the "global warming" method for example. You can read this. And this is just a drop in the ocean.

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2010/12/13/the-truth-wears-off
>>
>>18976312
>>18976305

No i am not talking about Montana. I dont know where you pulled Montana out from. I am talking about thr antarctic. And the hidden Nazi bases are sad to be there. Ive never heard anything about Montana. Just have a look at this.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_activity_in_the_Antarctic

>"Military personnel and equipment may only be used for scientific research or any other peaceful purpose"

Yeah how many times have we heard that before.

>Peaceful purpose
>...
>>
>>18976357
>I can say the same about the earth being a globe orbiting through a sun that is flying through the universe

No, you can't. Nothing about the rotating earth has been debunked.

>If we look at the Giza pyramids (pic related) for example, which was built some 4500 years ago, the perfect alignment they have with these three stars

First off, that picture is a photoshop. Second, the theory isn't that the tips of the pyramids line up with the stars when you look at them from a certain angle. The idea is that if you draw a map, then a birds eye view lines up with the stars of orion's belt. Third, the idea isn't that they match up the way they do now, but instead the way they used to line up 10,000 years ago. Because stars do indeed move through space. Because the earth is moving through space. Fourth, the idea itself has been debunked. They don't really match up.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orion_correlation_theory

>i'm just trying to be rational

No, you're not. You're being a sucker for clear fraud.
>>
>>18976378
Are you for real? Did you skip the part about the Giza Pyramids or all the links ive been posting? Seriously wtf
>>
>>18976407
You know why they said that? SO that no army puts their own guys there and claim the whole continent for their country, did you actually read the fucking link? The same shit was done for space

And the last time the nazis tried doing anything in a cold place, greenland, they failed so hard their guys ran away so as to not get fucking frozen and the allied army that was sent there also choose to run away because of how fucking cold that place was, now imagine a whole fucking continent like that?
>>
File: 5bc254c751e5582.jpg (186KB, 1000x538px) Image search: [Google]
5bc254c751e5582.jpg
186KB, 1000x538px
>>18976262
Ive only read 5 of these "proofs" and they all make the same basic mistakes. Mainly assuming that gravity exists somewhere "outside" the earth, instead of understanding that the earth itself is the origin of gravity.
So I'll just refute some of the bigger retardations and hope that you can understant the rest of them for yourself.

>The horizon
-Appears flat at 20 miles: Obviously. 20 miles is still well within the stratosphere. Earth's atmosphere is 300 miles high. You can see the curvature well before that, but probably not at 20 miles.
-If Earth were in fact a globe [...]as you ascended the horizon would stay fixed and the observer: Please explain how would you possibly reach this conclusion.
>Water
.-Cant mantain a flat level if the earth is round and moving: Just like carrying a cup of water in a train. The relative speed of water, both in the earth and inside the train, is 0. Thus it remains flat, obviously.
-Rivers would be flowing uphill: Ditto. Earth's spin doesnt affect any of our movements, or the river's. They flow downhill as usual.
-Water should show the curvature of the earth: and it does
As someone that spent literal days working on spheric trigonometry finals, this one makes my blood boil.
>Measurements, engineering and "how does a level work"
-Engineers are not required to factor curvature into their work: because its irrelevant. As long as the surface between to given points is continously flat, the construction will work. Thats how a level works.
-Water canals: The surface runs flat between two points of study close enought to eachother; not between the two extremes of the Canal.
-Light experiments: These two experiments were not trying to prove or disprove earth's flatness. They were experiments on the Ether and light speed, which they disproved, actually.
-Airplanes would need to dip their nose: and they do. They fly relative to the level of the ocean, perfectly flat against the ground.

1/2 because im having fun
>>
>>18976388
Why would you search for my pic? Are you blind too? I said that it was the Giza pyramids, and no the pic isnt real because the aligment doesnt happen everyday or year, i think it takes a few thousand years, but then again, how would it be possible if we are hurling through earth? Ancient astrology is a faxt, datinf back to many thousands of years. Why do we see the exact same stars as our ancestors then?
>>
Okay okay, we live on a globe that is spinning at 1670km/h and we dont feel it simply because we are spinning with it, so does the atmosphere. This is how you guys "debunk" most of the theories. Im not even going to try.
>>
File: stellarmotion.jpg (55KB, 634x317px) Image search: [Google]
stellarmotion.jpg
55KB, 634x317px
>>18976471
Not that guy, but when I searched I found everything about it is a lie.

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/badastronomy/2012/08/20/planetary-alignment-pyramid-scheme/#.WQ5WHtLyuUk

That's even orion's belt, it's supposed to be three planets.

>how would it be possible if we are hurling through earth?

Planetary alignments happen because they're all circling the sun, so their relative positions are cyclical. You're right, the stars wouldn't align in such a way.

In fact, the whole "orion correlation theory" is dependent on the stars moving. It's supposed to be evidence that the pyramids are 10,000 years old, not that the earth is stationary.

>ancient astrology is a fact

Ancient astrology is a pseudoscience.

The stars move.
>>
>>18976262
>>18976443
2/2
>"On earth's spinning" or "Ive never been on a train before"
Imagine youre on your car. You trow a ball upwards, still inside the car. Does it travel backwards at the speed of the car?
Imagine youre on a train. You stand up and toss a ball forward. Does it travel back and hit you at train-speed?
Earth works the same way. You are travelling "in" the earth. Whatever you or any other object does, it starts at a still point relative to the earth.
This is not rocket science.
>On gravity
-It allows birds to fly and not me: A robin is 20 grams of hollo bones, fluffy feathers and pure muscle. If you've ever seen a bird fly, it needs to flap its wings to stay in the air. Unless its gliding. in which case there's whole books written on it and its how planes fly.
>On boats and charts, or "I dont understand projection"
As a captain (pilot, rather), this part is hilarious.
-Ships dont use spheric trigonometry to travel, they assume the earth is flat
I fucking wish. For small distances, sure. But whenever you need to travel for a while, you need to calculate the route on a sphere.
-Many captains traveling south get lost because maps are wrong
This doesnt happen. Maybe in the 18th century when maps where dogshit and we travelled by the stars (Since the stars in the Southern Hemisphere are different. Explain this one too)
-A lot of ships have been lost in the South so the earth must be flat: Or people had awful charts and measuring equipment back then. Notice how this doesnt happen today. A milimetric error on a route can set you off for docens of miles.
>On flight routes
-Why dont planes fly over antarctica?
Because no one wants those routes. Do you think a company will actually spend the money and equipment to make a NZ-Tierra del Fuego direct flight? What for? For who?
-Why dont planes take straight routes?
Because the map you have is a projection. A straight line drawn over a mercator map will probably be a curve irl. And viceversa.

Part 2/?
>>
>>18976443
>>18976583
3/?

>On biomes
-Why do similar latitudes have different climates?
Different soil, water, minerals, temperature and a long, long etc.
Does the US have the same climate? It should, right? Its in the same latitude.
-That convoluted explanation for earth's tilt:
I have nothing to say on this one. Its just completely false on all levels.
-artic suns and the lack of antarctic sun proves flat earth:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zc-WlTaG7WY
>On stars and the celestial charts
-Polaris remains stationary and this is impossible if the earth moves:
Polaris actually moves, shockingly. It moves very little however, because its very close to the earth's axis. The rest of the stars appear to revolve around this axis. *Appear to*.
-Specifically 101:
Completely false. The southern cross can be seen by the naked eye at the same latitude. Which easily refutes flat earth.
>On compasses and magnetism
-We have never reached the south pole:
We actually have, several times.
- Ring magnets explain our flat earth model
Ring magnets dont work like that. You either magnetize them axially or diametrally. This man just described a monopole to try and explain the flat earth.
-Compasses dont work because they would point to the core of the earth
Compasses point to the north pole of the magnetic field. Not the origin of said field.
-South pole is a no-fly zone
Its not.
>On gravity and physics, which are lies.
Theres not much to explain here. Gravity has been proven over and over for centuries.
Every point here about gravity and orbits is just fundamentally wrong from the start.
I will however point out tides,
-Why dont lakes have tides?:
They do, if they are large enough, like the Great Lakes.
-Why doesnt water just fly upwards to the moon?:
Because they are "locked" between the two bodies. The Moon is small, not strong enough to "compete" with Earth, but it can lift large bodies of water a couple of meters.
>>
File: 9a864f8f3e435341bc80ea7d3c423.png (118KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
9a864f8f3e435341bc80ea7d3c423.png
118KB, 500x500px
>>18976722
>>18976583
>>18976443
Here comes part 4!
>On planets and astronomy
-Planets appear as discs of lights without any features, not as solid balls of rock.
Laughably false. We've been observing the planets as actual celestial bodies for centuries. Hooke saw the Red Spot of Jupiter, Galileo saw the moons of Jupiter (some of them, named Galileans after him) and docens of other astronomers have cartographed the planets long before Big Bad NASA came into existence. You could do it yourself with a good telescope.
-The elliptic orbit model places us closer to the sun in winter and farther in summer, so its flawed.
Shocking, I know. It also shcoked me back in third grade.
The sun rays enter the atmosphere at an angle in winter. Most of them are reflected, absorbed or filtered by the atmosphere and less heat reaches the ground.
In summer, they enter (almost) perpendicular to the ground, so they pass through less layers of atmosphere and the heat and radiation is more intense.
This is roughly why the equator is hotter than the poles. They are always in the perpendicular-ray zone, while poles have way more layers of atmosphere to get through.
-Sundials still work
Because its been a couple of centuries for the ones that still work and they were never accurate in the first place, so any small variation is unnoticed.
We are locked in orbit with the sun, in precise movements. Sundials are mostly invariable and will continue to be.
I dont even know what this argument is.about.
>On the sun and the moon
-"science" claims that the moon is solid and non-luminous
It is, yes. Just like the earth, its a massive spherical rock.
-The moon is actually a luminous body and its light has magical properties like increasing the combustion of a bonfire and the putrefaction of the flesh, reducing the temperature of a termomether up to eight degrees.
THESE ARE ACTUAL QUOTES. POINTS 132 AND 133 THIS IS WHAT FLATBRAINS ACTUALLY BELIEVE.
>>
File: 1457451286549.jpg (52KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1457451286549.jpg
52KB, 1280x720px
>>18976443
>>18976583
>>18976722
>>18976842
Fifth and hopefully last one.
>On the sun and the moon, volume 2
-Predicting eclipses means nothing, they had been predicted long before Copernicus.
Everyone knew the earth was flat way before Copernicus.
Notably, Pithagoras and Parmenides are quoted with originating the theory. Its hard to know exactly who realized it first however.
>On boat hulls and perspective
-Boat hulls dont actually dissapear in the sea, they just are really far away for us to see. Its all perspective.
The correct answer here is "They do", but that sounds a bit drab.
So instead, think of a crows nest. Why would ancient sailors risk their lifes crawling up and down the ropes just to sit there in the sun? If the earth really is flat, as they obviously knew back then because neither NASA nor Copernico were around, then they could've easily seen the other boats from anwywhere in the hull.
The crow's nest is there because the Earth is indeed round. And it curves. By looking in the horizon from 20 meters above the sea level, you could actually see a lot further, possibly catching some ship's sails (That is sails, yes. Only the sails, since the rest of the hull is not visible yet) in the process.
>On constellations, again.
-If the earth really moves around so much, we would have a different set of starts every night.
The stars are not only really far away from us, they also move roughly with us in the galaxy and the bigger orders. Eventually (in a very, very, very long time) the stars will change. But dont hold your breath.
-Night sky time lapses make perfect circles, which would be impossible if the earth actually moved
Ditto
>On flatness, pancakes and levels
-Kansas is flatter than a pancake:
Refer to my first post. Levels and relative flatness doesnt mean the whole surface is flat. We choose to ignore the variation.

Not done yet, it seems.
>>
File: IMG_4106.jpg (148KB, 720x692px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4106.jpg
148KB, 720x692px
>>
File: 6znqtkidC1rqbl96o1_1280.jpg (92KB, 720x954px) Image search: [Google]
6znqtkidC1rqbl96o1_1280.jpg
92KB, 720x954px
>>18976443
>>18976583
>>18976722
>>18976842
>>18977021
Sixth one must be the one
>On NASA, dark pools and greenscreens
Most of this is hardcore retardation. He doesnt even attempt to make a point.
-Its all greenscreen and wires, no one has ever gone into space, its a dark pool.
We have direct live feed from outer space, in and out. See if you can find one of those videos where a bubble clearly forms outside the suit, Im waiting.
-You can see the ISS, but its clearly a HOLOGRAM PROJECTED ONTO THIN AIR
This is what flatbrains actually believe, part 2. So NASA has the technology, potential and willingness to actually project a moving hologram into space but they cant fake a video well enough for you to not notice. Neat.
-Satellites dont exist actually. They are all fake.
You can see satellites with your naked eye with good viewing conditions. I recommend you check a satellite tracker, go to a place with good routes, and enjoy catching some.
-Satellites cant survive in the thermosphere, its way too hot.
The themosphere is not hot. There is tons and tons of radiation, it will cook you like a microwave over.
A big part of satellite design is minimizing absorbed radiation and maximizing radiated radiation (all hot bodies emit radiation). Eventually you'll reach a radiative equilibrium temperature, which should be way under the melting point of anything in a satellite.
-Satellite footage doesnt show clouds changing
Because the clouds you can see changing are either way too small or too volatile to be catched by the satellite. If you see the meteosat and compare it to your own weather, you'd see its accurate.
-NASA fake pictures have demon faces, the word 'SEX' and other illuminati propaganda
[audible chuckle]
>>
File: 776_6111022.jpg (91KB, 564x503px) Image search: [Google]
776_6111022.jpg
91KB, 564x503px
>>18976443
>>18976583
>>18976722
>>18976842
>>18977021
>>18977139
Seventh. If only I knew it was going to be this long.
>On flight routes and earth rotation
-Since Earth rotates eastward, then westward flight should take less time. But eastward flights take a lot less time.
As Earth spins towards the east, it "pulls" the atmosphere, and everything else, eastward with her.
This causes a very cool thing called "jet streams", fast air currents flowing east to west. They provide a lift to eastbound flights and a resistance to westbound ones.

>Parting words
From here ("Proof" 190) onwards, its just boring garden varitey conspiracy and random quotes from random retards.
Every single person that ever proved helicrentrism is a freemason. Freemasons rule the world and want us to believe that the earth is round to make us forget about God and our True Purpose In Life. For some reason.

So, roughly 200 flathead arguments debunked. Come back with new ones.
And at least try, next time.
>>
>>18977246

Anon, honestly I applaud your efforts. But the serious error you're making is assuming that a flat earther is interested in considering your point of view.

It's no different than religion vs atheism. It doesn't matter how many proofs or points you have for one side or the other, no one's changing their minds.
>>
>>18976150
they would probably justify their beliefs by saying "well da scientists that look at da things can lie and da real science is hidden from us commoners"
>>
>>18973681
No, that's not accurate. Flat earth was never actually the prevailing theory. The globe was understood for over 6000 years. Read up on the Sumerians
>>
>>18968260
You were dropped as a child, weren't you?
Probably repeatedly.
>>
Something has always bothered me with Flat Earthers they say satellites aren't real just hollograms but then how do you explain GPS and Sat Tv?
>>
>>18977678
Holograms bro
>>
>>18977678
Gps and Satelite tv are using radio towers. There is enough evidence to support this just look on google.
>>
>>18977882
>there is enough evidence to support this

No, there isn't. It's possible to triangulate where radio signals come from. And they triangulate to satellites in space.

Yes, if you google it you find people that claim they're radio towers, but they never back up their claims properly.
>>
>>18968228
That's so fucking awesome.
>>
File: x5t4lxditlty.png (1MB, 844x879px) Image search: [Google]
x5t4lxditlty.png
1MB, 844x879px
>>18977882
Signals bouncing of the dome
>>
>>18978953
>why dont day and night flip after 6 months
Thats a really flawed logic. A "day" is the time it takes for the sun to be in the same position in the sky, not a period of exactly 24 hours after a given moment.
The day is shorter when we are close to the sun (in winter) and longer in the opposite side of the orbit, in summer.
Rotation and translation have nothing to do with eachother.
>>
>>18978953
I hope people aren't actually this stupid, in regards to the image.
>>
>>18978953
A solar day and a sidereal day are two different things, anon.
>>
>>18968228
Every time I see this I'm reminded of heat, and bathrobes.
>>
>>18979334
i'm on the fence about that...... should people really be this stupid? It would explain alot
>>
>>18976295

Shutting down the asylum system was a mistake.
>>
>>18973640
This looks like the most uncomfortable piece of armor ever.
>>
Alot is actually spelled a lot. Now who's stupid, huh? THE EARTH IS FLAT FOREVER MOTHERFUCKERS!!!
>>
>>18968228
>How can flat earthers deny evidence like this?

They can deny it because they're the biggest fucking idiots on this planet.
>>
File: Spock_Salute.jpg (24KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
Spock_Salute.jpg
24KB, 600x450px
>>18979334
Sorry, but the logic is sound.

What I said is correct because I am Spock.
>>
>>18979312
Northern Hemisphere Winter being the time period closer to the sun changes slowly due to axial precession. Takes around 26000 years for a full cycle.
>>
>>18984585
>SLUMBER WATCHER TILL THE SPHERE
>SIX AND TWENTY THOUSAND YEARS
>HAVE REVOLVED...

Shit, is this what HPL was referencing?
>>
>>18984623
Probably? I have no idea what HPL is but axial precession was first calculated by the Greeks, maybe even earlier.
>>
>>18980729
This
>>
>>18976344
No anon, no.
>>
>>18976367
After effect of the masses finally catching on that media is unreliable and being dumb about it / trolling / scrambling for special snowflake status.
>>
File: IMG_2833.jpg (114KB, 600x597px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2833.jpg
114KB, 600x597px
>flat-earthers will reject this
>>
>>18973535
kek
>>
>>18973535
>>
>>18985029
Herbert Phillips Lovecraft lad
>>
>>18968288
/thread
>>
>>18970747
>It uses the phrase "four corners of the earth"
so why don't they believe the earth is a flat square then?
or do they?
>>
>>18975767

What kind of retard gets a B in geography
>>
>>18968876
Sold out by your exclamation point. Next time leave it out.
>>
I think it's magical some people actually believe we're on a discworld, goodspeed you crazy retards
>>
>>18988599
The only one who gets it. Fucking 4chan is full of cunts that don't appreciate cheeky bait.
>>
>>18975465
>astrology is pseudo science
Would you look at that-- even a blind hen sometimes finds corn; but I know you really meant astronomy.
>>
>>18968228
>>
>>18976367

We used to institutionalize crazy people.

Now we coddle and encourage them.
>>
>>18971887
Pls go buy a fishlens
Stand infront of it
>see the effect
Stand 50m away from it now
>See difference ?
Now walk back to your camera and slap yourself with each step
>>
>>18990954
Im afraid this idiot
>>18971887
might use a fisheye lens "effect" and tell me that it didn't work out....
>>
>>18986698
Tilt shift..probably a large format camera
>>
>>18976390
You would need a few more working braincells to write a coherent sentence.
>>
>>18975465
This is either really advanced shitposting or the ramblings of an unhinged loon.
>>
>>18968260
That's a mess. On film. The sun is above the earth, it should shine on it? It's really far away. When it goes behind the Earth, we can't see it.
>>
>>18993068
Lack of understanding breeds reaching exponentially. Apparently.
>>
File: fisheyelens.jpg (54KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
fisheyelens.jpg
54KB, 1280x720px
>>18990954
>>18990968
>>
>>18971575
Fuck that, you can see it with the naked fucking eye on a clear night. I did.
>>
>>18968260
Poor guy is so obsessed with the ISS being fake that he doesn't think of obvious answers to the phenomena in the video. The "sun flickering" really got me. He sees light levels from the feed constantly changing from bright to dark, but jumps to the conclusion that it's supposed to be the sun producing more and less light very rapidly. Which as he said, is quite a ridiculous notion, since the sun's light doesn't fluctuate in such a way. What he didn't seem to think about, was that automatic camera settings DO fluctuate quite rapidly, and it was very obvious that that's what was happening. The camera was constantly readjusting its exposure, and the guy thought NASA was trying to make him believe it was the sun.
>>
File: Lurk_.jpg (20KB, 465x256px) Image search: [Google]
Lurk_.jpg
20KB, 465x256px
>>18977283
>the serious error you're making is assuming that a flat earther is interested in considering your point of view.

It's the same with every internet debate. You'll never convince the person you're arguing with (at least not knowingly). But there are plenty of lurkers reading, many of whom may be on the fence or confused by the issue. It's important to present solid arguments for that audience.
>>
>literally aliens on the stream a minute ago
>>
>>18968228
Because they think this video is being faked. Flat earthers are low IQ conspiracy theorist who dont understand post highschool math subjects
>>
>>18968861
Exactly my opinion of flat earthers
>>
>>18997208
If you're a fencer on whether the Earth is flat you're just as retarded as the flatters.
>>
>>18968876
Its only using fuel or electric torquers for actuation. The moon doesnt use fuel to gravitate around the earth idiot
>>
>>18997276
He was being sarcastic fagtron, Jesus Christ
>>
>>18968896
You are an idiot. Do you know how fast the moon revolves around the Earth? Do you know how fast the Earth revolves around the sun? A fuck lot faster dumbo and they dont use fuel
>>
>>18969109
I cannot even fathom what the sensation of being such an idiot is like.
>>
>>18997280
Its impossible to be sure with flat earthers. It sounded like a legit flat earther argument to me
>>
>>18997274
But at least they won't dig their heels in and screech autistically whenever any evidence is presented against flat-earthism, unlike the true believers.
>>
>>18978953
>>18979312
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_time

>Solar time is a calculation of the passage of time based on the position of the Sun in the sky. The fundamental unit of solar time is the day.
>>
>>18997413
>whenever any evidence is presented against flat-earthism

we are still waiting for that. but you dont have any so just continue with your ad-homs
>>
How was Pearl Harbour possible if the Earth isn't round
>>
>>18969567
The Irony when Trump cuts back NASA's funding. Yeah, they have about Jack shit to "play around with".
>>
>>18999061
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sidereal_time

>Briefly, sidereal time is a "time scale that is based on Earth's rate of rotation measured relative to the fixed stars"[1] rather than the Sun.

The earth revolves around. Because of this motion, the earth has to spin slightly more than 360 degrees in order to spin back towards the sun.
>>
>>18999189
Apparently it's 19.5 billion this year and it'll be 19.1 billion next year. What a monster.
>>
>>18999080
>we are still waiting for that
Riiiight. Case in point.
>>
>>18968288
People can choose to accept anything false if it somehow serves their ego.
>>
>>19000480
Yet another case of no evidence. Sad.
Thread posts: 252
Thread images: 37

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.