[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help a guy here, /x/. What if I've pondered deep about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 7

File: bible6.jpg (13KB, 224x184px) Image search: [Google]
bible6.jpg
13KB, 224x184px
Help a guy here, /x/.

What if I've pondered deep about christianity and try as I might, I couldn't accept it in my good conscience?

Am I going to hell?
>>
>>18964906
If you're actually worried about going to hell, you're already a christian.
>>
File: download.png (136KB, 1000x931px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
136KB, 1000x931px
>>18964906
If you con't accept it, why worry about it?
You don't accept, but still believe it?
What the hell m8?
>>
>>18964936
Sorry, it's 3 AM here.

I should elaborate more, I mean, off the chance that it's the ultimate truth and religion and all the others are wrong.
>>
>>18964941

There's no way of truly knowing, no sense worrying over it. Now that I've said that I'll add this - religion is utterly moronic, no heaven, no hell. Only earth and the here and now. Stop worrying and enjoy your life.
>>
>>18964906
Well if you're having doubts then try praying on your knees for a a minute every night and reflect on things you should've done or could've done better and ask god for help. God is the ultimate creator, the unmovable rock, the alpha and omega and nobody else can claim that title so if you're genuine he'll listen.
Along side that, just read the bible and the other apocrophia or whatever it's called, it'll all start making sense.
>>
>>18964906
It has been said that you can't think your way to the divine but rather you must experience it. I fear you, like me, may be someone who is trapped in thought and reason. As much as I read about faith or other spiritual issues I still find it difficult to believe. I like to think that both of us can actually make it but how we can move from thought to experience still escapes me.

I like to think that no god would actually damn a person who is making an honest effort.
>>
>>18964906
>>18964941
First of all, there is no hell. It doesn't exist.
Second, there is no ultimate truth. And there is no "wrong" or "right" religion.
My best advice I could give you is to just drop all Abrahamic faiths, they're garbage. Read Nietzsche.
>>
>>18964906
Everybody's wonderin' what and where they they all came from
Everybody's worryin' 'bout where they're gonna go
When the whole thing's done
But no one knows for certain
And so it's all the same to me
I think I'll just let the mystery be

Some say once you're gone you're gone forever
And some say you're gonna come back
Some say you rest in the arms of the Saviour
If in sinful ways you lack

Some say that they're comin' back in a garden
Bunch of carrots and little sweet peas
I think I'll just let the mystery be
>>
>>18965022
Wish I could help you guys out as I'm a believer. I was raised in the church, quit going at 16 or 17 and became agnostic. It wasn't until my 30's that I came into true faith, a deep believing faith. I can't tell people how to get there but I wish I could. The only advice I can give is don't judge christianity by the acts of christians, that's what drove me away. Took me a long time to realize they are just people as fucked up as the rest of us.
>>
File: 1481143887162.jpg (50KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1481143887162.jpg
50KB, 320x320px
>>18964906
Acceptance comes from first hand experience.

There's a huge veil between what you hear, and what's on the other side when you put it into practice.

If you're concerned about going to Hell, perhaps there is some notion about it that makes it seem desirable in some twisted way? What if I were to tell you that the underworld is a simple holding cell until the Second Coming, when Jesus Christ comes to judge the living and the dead?

"Hell" Is the lake of Fire, where those judged not fit for the Kingdom get thrown into.
>>
Jesus was an amazing and very enlightened man (akin to Buddha).

Don't take the bible at face value and ditch the old testament.

It's all about awakening consciousness.

Read some Eckhart Tolle and get back to us.
>>
>>18964906

1. The Bible is true at face value, although filled with metaphors. Written by humans but dictated by "God".

2. The Bible is a heavily refined and revised product of human culture and the societies that produced it. You could say that it "evolves" alongside society, as evidenced by the new testament, islam, the protestant reformation, and even mormonism

which seems more likely?
>>
if you live a good life and arent too selfish, youll probably go to heaven

there are a lot of christians that will go straight to hell
>>
>>18964906
(52:6.5) 3. Ethical awakening. Only ethical consciousness can unmask the immorality of human intolerance and the sinfulness of fratricidal strife. Only a moral conscience can condemn the evils of national envy and racial jealousy. Only moral beings will ever seek for that spiritual insight which is essential to living the golden rule.
>>
Does anyone here havev experienec with the SSPX? WIll they baptize me? Or do I need to attend classes?
>>
>>18965897
Both you dingus. Those statements don't contradict themselves.
>>
File: 1481089310694.jpg (121KB, 638x838px) Image search: [Google]
1481089310694.jpg
121KB, 638x838px
>>18965852
Jesus Christ was the Son of God
>>
>>18965955

you're probably stupid enough to think the bible is internally consistent too.

i know how hard pastors and people have to try to reconcile old testament shit with happy, contemporary, american protestantism.
>>
File: C0V1T1VVQAAAVmt.jpg (48KB, 512x317px) Image search: [Google]
C0V1T1VVQAAAVmt.jpg
48KB, 512x317px
>>18964906
>I couldn't accept it in my good conscience?

This is irrefutable proof of a mall mind and someone who hasn't read the fucking books. You're a retard dude. It's a collection of stories and instructions around civilizations and societies designed to inspire an instinctual and primal reaction from you, you dumb fuck college fuck. Probably taking theology or some gay shit.

In the Sodom and Gomorrah related stuff, when the people are at full mass-hysteria and a crowd is going around raping shit, and they want to rape the two angels, instinctively a subconscious reaction is "yo don't do that."
Like when Gay Pride paraders have children in on their shit and chant about the removal of age of consent. Instinctively, especially if you aren't socially-retarded and have been around kids or have your own, you think "don't touch my kid."

David and Goliath is just "a big dude will go down in an embarrassing way if he's too prideful and not paying attention to the little dude picking up the 9mm."

Samson and Delilah is "don't put your dick in a goldigging whore, doesn't matter if you fight lions, it will ruin you."

There is a reason materialist atheism and autism are hand in hand.
>>
>>18965963
Now Jesucs is just fap material for gays. Just go the easy way, let multi media be your God.
>>
File: maatmontypython.png (933KB, 1532x642px) Image search: [Google]
maatmontypython.png
933KB, 1532x642px
>>18964906
>>18964975

>What if I've pondered deep about christianity and try as I might, I couldn't accept it in my good conscience?

The Bible is unconscionable. Saying it's 100% the word of God to the exclusion of everything else is terrifying blasphemy. It makes me horrified that I was ever taught such a thing growing up - as if I weren't scared enough of God when I was a kid thinking God was Moses...

>>18965051
>First of all, there is no hell. It doesn't exist.
>Second, there is no ultimate truth. And there is no "wrong" or "right" religion.

There are lots of truths.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2tUIPY-CUU
>>
>>18966048
>le gays are pedos may may

That was old back in the 90s dude, maybe think up some new material
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.