[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you ever wondered why 90% of the paranormal sightings, UFO

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 9

File: usa.jpg (72KB, 636x380px) Image search: [Google]
usa.jpg
72KB, 636x380px
Have you ever wondered why 90% of the paranormal sightings, UFO bullshit and conspiracy theories come from the US? In Europe and Asia they're rather rare. Are Americans just brainwashed easily gullible fanatics or what?
>>
>>18963883
>Are Americans just brainwashed easily gullible fanatics or what?
yes
>>
>>18963883
yes, most of us are. our country is saturated with controlled information and propaganda and our public education sucks.
>>
>>18963883
what? europe is filled with conspiracy theorists, you just don't speak russian, polish, hungarian, etc.

russians think global warming is an american hoax, that vaccines cause cancer and aids and all sorts of crazy shit. japan and china are also famous for having wacky beliefs about herbal medicine, natural remedies, that emotion can influence the world like an invisible force.

the majority of south america is super crazy when it comes to seeing ufos, lights in the sky, weird monsters abducting people, demonic posession.

the rest of asia is filled with superstitions regarding animal and snake people who live underground or in high mountain caves or in deep forests and jungles, deep under the ocean, all fishermen are very superstitious.

the entire world with the exception of america (where the majority don't believe in the supernatural, paranormal or conspiracies, and the minority that do are called crazy) believes in this stuff.

why do you think david icke spends 200 days of the year touring europe? he's getting PAID.

in america he gets laughed at, they take him seriously all over eastern europe.
>>
>>18963921
an european here, not op
there are conspiracy theorists and other dumb fuck in europe but it's not nearly on the level of the american tinfoil industry
david icke and daniken are pretty much the only big guys, the rest are absolute small frys, and so are their followings
>>
Brazilian here.
Most of the population is religious, we even got cause of lynching others for using "black magicks".
In my city there was a case of babies being kidnaped to have his penis cut out and let in the woods to die.
>>
>my village of hicks doesn't believe in the moon
>Mine either
>>
>>18963883
In small villages in Thailand its common to do exorcism by monks to get rid of malevolent spirits etc. Even in bigger cities people get monks to do protective spells on a new home.

http://www.samuitimes.com/villages-back-to-normal-as-ghostbusters-chase-300-ogres-out-of-town/
>>
>>18963952

The whole world save for urbanite hicks in some areas of yurp and US believes.
>>
It's the fluoridated water and the chemtrails. Messes with their heads.
>>
>>18963944
>>18963952
I think "religious" paranormal is another matter. When you strongly believe in divine entities it's only natural there are implications like rituals, exorcisms, legends, etc. It's more like an effort to build and keep alive a meta-narrative.

The paranormal we're talking about is, on the contrary, based on doubt. Most people don't really believe in anything and yet they think they see stuff, usually very imaginative. Is it autosuggestion, escapism, drugs effects, mood for jokes, idiocy?
>>
Probably because the US has actually had big conspiracies which were very real like MKULTRA.
>>
>>18963883
1) Population density - the US population is very spread out, despite having some major cities, compared to Europe and most of Asia. People who are alone are more like to report weird tales than groups or crowds.

2) Communication - we have a cultural hard-wiring that people can (mostly) say what they want in public. This encourages crackpots compared to a society more strict in its interactions. For instance, we have no ban on Holocaust denial, so where do you think all the books on that are printed?
>>
>>18963883
A bunch of paranormal shit comes out of Russia.
>>
>>18964486
I had already thought about point 2 and I think it's very true (although not necessarily positive).
I didn't think, instead, about point 1 and I have to say I really like such explanation.
>>
>>18963883
Fuck you talking about? It seems that way because most of the info we get are from the us. These things also happen with the same or maybe even more frequency then in the states.

Take mount fuji for example, or zona de silencio mexico.

Some cultures take it in diff then others.
>>
>>18963883
There's a popular theory in the UFO community that aliens take more interest in the US because we were the first country to master nuclear energy. The first atomic bomb test in New Mexico is what really put us on the map, which is why UFO sightings really ramped up after 1945.
>>
>>18963883
>Are Americans just brainwashed easily gullible fanatics or what?

yes
>>
File: political.jpg (84KB, 800x610px) Image search: [Google]
political.jpg
84KB, 800x610px
>>18963883
Ummm south america has way more UFO/paranormal shit. Russia and france have a vibrant ufology community. Central europe have lots of paranormal stuff. You're an idiot OP.
>>
>>18963883
Perhaps Americans are more likely to report it.
>>
>>18963883
The gov experiments on the people. The rest of the world get the products in the form of freedom.
>>
>>18963883
Tbh Americans are completely gullible and superstitious in general. As a Dutchfag I can tell that almost no one here believes in conspiracy theories and UFOs. The only thing people have a slight tendency towards believing is some form of ghosts, since it's hard as fuck to write off all the things your brain does in dark creepy places or whenever you're already stressed. Also cold readings do seem to be popular in the lower classes (mostly gypsies). It's not near the level as Americans though, and Ghost shows wouldn't hit it off here.

Tbh our houses are built from mostly stone and they have been for ages. Hence, there's not as much creaking and shit going on that gullible people believe is caused by ghosts. Also all houses are properly isolated so less occasions of high magnetic fields due to wiring etc.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2592x1936px
China has an absurd amount of UFO activity but China's government also controls China's internet. Just another crazy American theory.
>>
>>18965642
Maybe Ghosts and Aliens don't like the Dutch.
>>
File: What-Roll-Safe-Thinking-Meme.jpg (47KB, 728x728px) Image search: [Google]
What-Roll-Safe-Thinking-Meme.jpg
47KB, 728x728px
OP is retarded. I can't even begin to tell you how many european countries believe in fairies, trolls, elves, etc for CENTURIES and literally have laws for them. Black magic belief exists all over the world especially in Africa where witchcraft is prominent. Asia has ridiculous beliefs in the paranormal and afterlife. Mexican cartels kill just for their paranormal beliefs. UK has no shortage of UFO claims. Russia is a paranormal/conspiracy hotspot.

Fuck OP.
>>
America has a huge population so there's just a huge volume of information and theories being put out. They're all in English too which is probably the most spoken language on the Internet (besides Chinese).

China also has a huge population but their government controls everything that comes out. Most info is in Chinese so most things don't reach nice sites like this where most of us are only speaking English
>>
Wherever you get your info from is wrong. Japan is probably the worst as far as spirits and demons go. And lets not forget that Mexicans legit believe in black magic and Iceland 100% legit think Fairys exist. They stopped building highways because they think all large rocks are their churches.
>>
>>18965704
>Japan is probably the worst as far as spirits and demons go
is it, really?
I get that they have a myriad of them, but do they genuinely believe in them?
The few japs I met seemed very down to earth
>>
>>18965663
I love exploring cults and the such.

The ones popping up in central America are fucking terrifying
>>
>>18963883

the USA has widespread internet access and presumably the most classified aircraft.

/thread
>>
>>18963883
Greenday somed it up in a song "American Idiot. "
>>
>>18963921
>the rest of asia is filled with superstitions regarding animal and snake people who live underground or in high mountain caves or in deep forests and jungles, deep under the ocean
That sounds dope, I wanna move to asia
>>
>>18963883
What information do you base this statement on? Seems like your projecting Op.
>>
>>18965798
We put a flag on the the moon.
>>
>>18965798
*summed

Kek.
>>
I love these broad statements. Everyone here. All of them. It just sounds, like a bad argument. Honestly. Or really provincial.
>>
>>18965292

thanks, forest gump
>>
Those stupid Americans. We only try and emulated or copy 90% of everything they do. Fucking plebs.
>>
>>18965838
Fuck does this even mean? Not my post by the way.
>>
>>18965847

if you're dumb, you will never understand it,
sheesh...

>>you've already proven it.
>>
>>18963883
This is bullshit though, there's a whole lot of paranormal shit in Latin America and Southeast Asia and a the majority of UFO sightings are within 40 miles of Stonehenge.
>>
>>18966062
Good one. You sure showed him.
>>
>>18963883
the US government kidnapped citizens to try to control their minds with lsd, surely you've heard of this
if you want true bizarre lulz and not just banal and slightly understandable paranoid schizo shit look to 3rd world countries, they have sex with orangutans and eat people they kill in ooga booga rivalries over there
>>
>>18965805
be careful there is yellow supremacy and white oppression in every country there.
>>
>>18963958

THIS nigga gets it.
>>
>>18963883
North America is Lemuria, their ancient homeland.
>>
>>18966723

I thought Lemuria simply "sank" due to movement having to do with our tectonic plates?
>>
File: Isola-di-Poveglia.jpg (40KB, 744x445px) Image search: [Google]
Isola-di-Poveglia.jpg
40KB, 744x445px
>>18965642
Italian here. The same can be said for us: Italy has a SHIT TON of ghost towns (the list is enormous, I swear) but no moronic legends come out from there. Just think about Poveglia, the island in Venice that is said to be one of the most haunted places of the world: the rumor stops there, you don't hear about strange sightings, you don't find goofy videos on youtube or controversial photos. Of course there are beliefs, myths, suggestions, but the whole thing doesn't go any further.

>>18965663
Just read this post: >>18963964
Anon is right, we're not talking about fairies, trolls and elves, nor the old religious and medieval superstitions or black magic. We're talking about the colossal bullshit (and yet interesting...) you see on /x/, as well as on youtube and many blogs. There's definitely some kind of foolishness going on out there. Americans are probably messed up by their own government and culture, as noted by these anons:
>>18963974
>>18964486
>>
>>18963921

Hell the Russians were the ones who made the theory up that the CIA created HIV as a way to kill gays and blacks in an effort to make African nations distrustful of the west
>>
>>18963933

Actually a population with more conspiracy theorists would be less brainwashed sine conspiracy theorizing at its core is just questioning official narratives and offering alternative explanations

Countries with fewer conspiracy theorists are that way because the population is indoctrinated to be extremely closed minded and only accept what their government or media tell them.

History is littered with real conspiracies. It's foolish to take things as they're presented

The most closed minded person is someone who accepts an official narrative at face value every time for any subject
>>
>>18963956

>the rest of the world is wrong and we're right because the gentlemen with the big nose at the cultural Marxist indoctrination facility I went to in order to get my degree said it was true

Ever think that maybe they're onto something you don't understand?
>>
>>18963883
Dude we live in Australia and there is always ufo sightings here
>>
>>18963958

Xenoestrogens
>>
>>18963974

Europe has had large conspiracies like that too. They've had many times as many as we have had due to their longer history

The fact Europe has so few conspiracy theorists shows just how ignorant of history and closed minded their population is. The media has really done a number on those poor fuckers when it comes to indoctrination
>>
>>18965642

>As a Dutchfag I can tell that almost no one here believes in conspiracy theories

Yes yes believe what you're told. Don't question anything. There aren't people conspiring to push agendas behind the scenes. These things are happening by mere chance. No reason to question the narratives being pushed on you. Don't waste your time thinking up alternative explanations for things, the state and mainstream media are there to offer explanations for you so you don't have to think. You should definitely not discuss doubts or alternative theories with other people. Wouldn't want them to think you're crazy for questioning the official narrative. Definitely doesn't make you a closed minded indoctrinated individual. The term "conspiracy theorist" itself totally wasn't created as a prejorative to attack people that question official narratives. It definitely want detailed in CIA document 1035-960 on how to use media assets to undermine those who question official narratives and portray them as crazy. Definitely don't look up project MKULTRA or Project MOCKINGBIRD. Thinking is hard, aren't you glad you have the government here to do it for you?
>>
>>18965695

Mainly it's because we're very distrusting of government because of how our country was founded and what our founders talked about. So we're more likely to question every official narrative
>>
>>18966529
>yellow supremacy
im asian an I find that funny
>>
File: r0_0_3264_2452_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg (117KB, 904x678px) Image search: [Google]
r0_0_3264_2452_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg
117KB, 904x678px
Australia has a lot of paranormal stuff goin on. Blue mountains region is one of my favorite areas to read about with all the sightings and activity there
>>
>>18967076
Only partially true.

Where do you get all those conspiracy theories alleged as truth? From the internet. At worst from this fucking /x/ board.

So, who is the gullible idiot now?

This is just to say that conspiracy theories -- as any other thing of this world -- make you intelligent when you feel encouraged to quest for the truth and do your own search. Most people take what they're told as sacrosant truth fell from the sky, no matter if that comes from the government or from a bunch of internet geeks.

(And incidentally, if you believe the moon landing never happened, you're a fucking retard, not an intelligent person).
>>
>>18967082
>implying Australia is any different than US
kek
>>
All this thread is is a bunch of idiots saying "My country is less stupid than yours"
>>
How in tune are you with culturally with other countries? It doesn't sound like you are at all. I would say in most of Central Europe there is more interest in UFOs and other paranormal activities than in America. You can't take a UFO sighting in the Netherlands seriously because of how densely populated it is unless there's hundreds of other people that saw it.

If you look at the third world you won't find a fringe minority that is highly interested in the paranormal and conspiracy theories. Literally the average person there will believe in those things. All of the political leaders of those countries are openly corrupt they don't even try to hide it. And their opposition will do things like accuse them of conducting ritual sacrifice of children because corruption allegation aren't any kind of scandal. So the scandals have to go into territory of absurdity for them to get any attention. The mainstream beliefs of the average person in many third world countries would make David Icke look sensible.

I can only conclude that OP is incredibly ignorant of the world outside of America. America, Western Europe, Australia, Canada etc are the only people in the world that actually trust their governments. These are the only people that even touching any kind of conspiracy theories are taboo whether they're true or not. I would say that the notion that conspiracy theory is taboo is abnormal compared to the rest of the world. If you think other people are just like you except with even less people that believe in conspiracy or paranormal you are highly, highly ignorant of the rest of the world.
>>
i once rode in a ufo, the ayys were drunk and picked me up accidentally when i was stealing apples from an orchard. turns out they were making apple hooch also, we had a good laugh.

i stole this fingimabob off a shelf while they werent looking, and every since then i've had the worst luck, all my electronics break down, i can hardly get a mobile signal, all this thing does is spin for hours on end and make this quiet humming noise, i should've pinched some of their apple vodka desu.
>>
>>18967661
OP here.

>All of the political leaders of those countries are openly corrupt they don't even try to hide it. And their opposition will do things like accuse them of conducting ritual sacrifice of children because corruption allegation aren't any kind of scandal. So the scandals have to go into territory of absurdity for them to get any attention.
You've already said everything by yourself. I admit that maybe I've been superficial and generic saying "the 90% of the paranormal facts" and mentioning only the US, but that was more of a provocation (which actually worked, judging by the number of replies). But my intention was to refer to those conspiracy theories very, very unbelievable and absurd -- i.e. those that circulate in the first-world countries, where you SHOULDN'T (at least in theory) worry about such things. It's obvious if you live in a non-free society where governments are more like dictatorships you are aware that your conspiracy theories are true. I had already considered this, and that's why I only named America and Europe. My main focus was on the first-world countries.
>>
>>18967661
>their opposition will do things like accuse them of conducting ritual sacrifice of children because corruption allegation aren't any kind of scandal
heh
>>
>>18963883
You realize none of us care about your thread, yes?
>>
>>18968221
Good job. You fucked with everyone's sense of community. Well done. Ffs.
>>
File: IMG_3413.png (82KB, 928x707px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3413.png
82KB, 928x707px
Just what we need in a time where lies are everywhere. In our faces. Let's do the shills job for them. Split the whole board.
>>
>>18968232
I don't think so. The thread raised many questions and discussions. All food for thought.
>>
There is just too many people who doesn't have anything to do or have done anything remarkable in their lifes so they make stuff up to make their lives more meaningful.
>>
>>18968263
True. Many conspiracy theorist are deranged individuals whose life at some point turned out to be empty.
>>
>>18963883
See
>>18967099

Specifically the cia document 1035-960

And ffs educate youreself on zionism
>>
Well im currently living in South Korea, and you can hardly see the moon because of dust flying over from China. The sky is rarely clear at night.

Im sure most of East Asia is like this because of China's dust and pollution. Not to mention all of the light pollution in major cities.
>>
>>18968355
If you live in/near a big city all the stars get washed up from the light.
>>
>>18963911
dubs of truth speak the truth.
>>
>>18967354

And don't forget that the Aborigines have all their folklores, and even have certain areas they won't go, and warn everyone else from going to them because of the supposed evil that resides in certain places.

Would actually like to hang round Pine Gap for a few days, and see if the stories are true about the unknown lights seen around the base.

Found anything eerie whilst up at the Blue Mountains? Wouldn't mind going up there since it's only an hour or so drive from my place.
>>
>>18969879
Not me personally but i've heard lots of different stories. It seems to be some odd hotspot for activity, whether its paranormal or not, something is definitely going on there. Sightings of ufos, greenies, yowie, and even an interesting sighting of buildings over a lake by there. All to be taken with a grain of salt but still interesting
>>
Every country has their own superstitions anon. We might see an alien in the states and someone abroad might see the same entity as a ghost. It's culturally relative senpai.
>>
>>18969905

Ah yeah. Kinda like Min Min, with the lights that are seen at random around there.

Funnily enough, apparently Nowra has had some spoopy sights down there, regarding UFOs.

Remember 20 years ago, when my grandparents had just moved down that way, living on a property about 15 mins north of Nowra. Was spending a weekend down there with them, and had fallen asleep on the couch.

Woke up the following morning, when my grandparents came out for breakfast. We were all casually chatting whilst eating, and I mentioned how I had noticed my grandma wander into the kitchen, which was connected to the lounge room where I had fallen asleep.

She then goes "oh, sorry. Didn't mean to disturb you, but I had come out to get a drink of water during the night, and was looking out of the kitchen window when I noticed a bright light out over the ocean. Found it odd because it was about 3am, so I watched it for a bit and noticed another light come out from it, drop down, move around a bit, and then after 10 minutes join back up with the other light. Guess I saw a UFO or something."

Was pretty cut that she didn't wake me up, cause I would have loved to have seen something like that.

Looking back now, I still wonder if it was something odd, or whether it was the RAAF doing night ops from the local Naval Air Station in Nowra.
>>
>>18963883
There were UFO sightings in Belgium, Australia and South Africa that were really famous. There are also various other Europe and world wide sightings. I would say there are many US sightings because we have more pop culture connected to UFOs and a history of paranoia stemming from the Cold War era when people were instructed to watch the skies and check out anything suspicious.
>>
>>18971057

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westall_UFO

Case in point, probably the most famous Australian UFO case. 51 years old, and still no legit explanation for it.

And I know, Wikipedia blah blah blah, but I've been drinking, and cba looking for a better link.
>>
>>18968387
when it's 911's there called dubya's here
>>
Part of it is certainly cultural. In America, people worship fame and crave attention. They can get people to focus on them if they say they saw something spoopy. Compared to the rest of the world, Americans need to feed their ego a lot more.
>>
>>18963883
I'd like to think its because the USA is about 10 times larger then alot of places that talk about (cryptics?)
>>
>>18963883
>>what is the Rendlesham Forest Incident
>>
>>18963883
because asians just accept that stuff as normal
>>
>>18965715
They genuinely beleive and I've seen some shit there that convinced me.
>>
File: 6FV4N2Wf.png (6KB, 291x173px) Image search: [Google]
6FV4N2Wf.png
6KB, 291x173px
>>18963883
Because there's so many fucking stupid ass Satanists opening up stupid fucking rifts to the Infinite from which fucking anything can just spew forth.
Smh
Thread posts: 88
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.