[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone here take any stock into the general message of the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: H._P._Lovecraft,_June_1934.jpg (24KB, 285x352px) Image search: [Google]
H._P._Lovecraft,_June_1934.jpg
24KB, 285x352px
Does anyone here take any stock into the general message of the works of HP Lovecraft?
Maybe looking into the things beyond our small world is a bad idea in general, and will only bring pain and madness into our lives. I get a feeling we should stay away from these things, and be content in own ignorance.
>>
>>18951575
Lovecraft was a.mediocre racist writer with neat ideas. That's all.
>>
>>18951579
I don't know, from what I've seen on this board and other places, the world really is comparable to that of his works. I just can't shake the feeling we should take heed.
>>
>>18951575
I think in a since, yes. Also Lovecraft is one of my favorite writers.
>>
The last 2 pages of the Dreamquest of Unknown Kadath have a very different moral message, one that I take stock in for sure. Basically a paraphrasing of the law of attraction.
>>
>>18951575

Lovecraft almost never leaved his house because he was afraid of dogs barks and being mugged by immigrants. He was content in staying locked in his house fantasizing about his phobia of discovery, adventure and clearing of the world outside. We should ask for advice from a man like pic related?

Buy again, from all that we have discovered until today, did not find giant monsters and anrgry gods living in caves, in the ocean or in space. Right here in this thread we keep fantasizing about ugly monsters that live in the dark and non-humans big baddies that the government hides from us, when in fact we just want to mask that our real fear is that our world is nothing more than a giant empty space where we must live forever alone, and that the only thing that we should really be afraid in our planet is of ourselfs, we lie about meat-eating-repetilians and satanic-alieans-clubs, because we can't deal with the fact that who control our lives are nothing but cold-blooded humans moved by nothing but greed. So maybe this was what H.P. was really worrying us about, If they have something scarier than discoveringf a giant squid monster guarding our lives, is discovering that we are all by ourselves
>>
>>18951674
The giant monsters in Lovecraft's stories are metaphors for the very real things that could wipe us out at any second. Meteors, disease, natural disasters.
>>
File: whoah.jpg (153KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
whoah.jpg
153KB, 1280x720px
>>18951575
>Maybe looking into the things beyond our small world is a bad idea in general, and will only bring pain and madness into our lives
It's already too late. The very laws of the Universe are subject to observer bias. We are 1 edgy kid at CERN away from the apocalypse. Or whatever it is we're looking at is looking back and fucking with.

The physical and metaphysical must become one for understanding the functions of the Universal equation. We're only looking at a few variables and the solutions, as other (unknown) variables change, then so does all the variables, to keep the equation true. Absolute knowledge is absolute power, because to know, is to know how to use.
You're asking HUMANS to not seek ultimate power. Good luck, you'll fail.
>>
>>18951575
>looking into the things beyond our small world is a bad idea in general, and will only bring pain and madness into our lives.
Considers himself the epitome of the human species

I get a feeling we should stay away from these things, and be content in own ignorance
Most fags living hidden under their mother's skirt do

If you don't have the mental endurance to keep sanity in the face of your worst nightmares or still subscribe to silly social norms, go back to /pol/
>>
>>18951575
I think it's less a matter of being "content" with our ignorance, than realising how insignificant humanity is, that some people's dreams of colonising the stars and so on are impossible folly.

>>18951674
>Lovecraft almost never leaved his house because he was afraid of dogs barks and being mugged by immigrants.

Lovecraft traveled across the East Coast of America and wrote numerous guides on the places he visited, lived in New York with his Jewish wife for number of years, had a wide circle of correspondence he often visited and would walk and talk with his friends from dusk to dawn. He even visited Quebec and flew in an aeroplane in the 1920s. He wasn't nearly as afraid or introverted as you think.
t.Joshi
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.