[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why has the human race advanced so rapidly since the 1900s? In

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

File: download.jpg (10KB, 386x131px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
10KB, 386x131px
Why has the human race advanced so rapidly since the 1900s? In a fraction of our time on earth we developed cell phones, and the ability to travel world wide in hours. Not to mention going from black powder guns to nuclear weapons capable of destroying entire cities. It seems we advanced more in the last 100 years than possible. Why?
>>
File: 1483841659647.jpg (94KB, 960x439px) Image search: [Google]
1483841659647.jpg
94KB, 960x439px
>>18948958
How old are you?
>>
>>18948969
Not old enough to have lived through the medieval age.
>>
We really haven't, you're looking too hard. Cell phones are just radio, smart phones are just radio+microprocessors. Nukes are rather simple once you begin to understand nuclear physics, and with Chemists like Curie it becomes an almost forgone conclusion that we'd weaponize our discoveries. Electricity isn't new by any real means, only the ability to supply a massive amount of it. Television is once more just radio, even (especially) satellite. Rocketry is super old, but we have better fuels now. Fiber optics are from the 1800's. Any generation since the development of engineering could have reasonably developed internal combustion engines as long as they possessed some form of oil.

The technology isn't new, it's how we've been using it. And at that, can you honestly sit there and tell me nukes to destroy cities, handheld devices to rob its owner's attention, and flying around the world at the speed of sound for minor reasons are really so much better than what came before? (I'm a Machinaphile, just playing devil's advocate on behalf the Primitivists)
>>
>>18948969
Im assuming you're saying Im stupid? It's a valid point. Technology is advancing at a rate that should be impossible compared to our history right? Say 10 years ago 500 gb was a shit ton of storage. Now 1 tb can be stored on something as small as a cracker
>>
>>18949012
He's not saying you're stupid. He's saying that you haven't done your own research to determine the claims you've made. You're not wrong, neither is he. He just has more knowledge about what you consider common knowledge.
>>
I mean the world population has increased from roughly 1.5b in 1900, to 7.5b today. More people to work on technological advancements and new ideas.

The rapid expansion of human civilizations is really disgusting when you start to think of all the side effects it's had on other species and the planet as a whole.

We need some kind of culling.
>>
>>18948991
Enjoy your ban, modernfag
>>
Better communication. People can share ideas better and build off the work of others. Better living standards. People from all walks of life, if they've got what it takes, can go to college and be research scientists or engineers or whatever. Prior to 1900 only a few rich white males could go to college, so that's a much smaller pool to draw quality from. Once you reach a certain point, technology snowballs.
>>
>>18948958
Because advancement builds on itself exponentially.

First we figured out how to create a surplus through agriculture. That freed up time for some people to figure out ways to record knowledge other than through oral tradition. That allowed people to spend less time relearning and more time figuring out new technology.

new technology leads to more efficient surplus leads to more time leads to new technology.
>>
>>18949378
>a few rich white males
Tell me that story about the nigger who smashed peanuts.
>>
Simply...

>standing on the shoulders of giants.
>>
>>18948958
>electronic shit that give us brain tumors
>weapons that can send us back to pre history and start another ice age
>chemicals that pollute the air we breathe and the water we drink

We aren't that advanced mate.
>>
>>18948958

Technological advancement is exponential. Inventing a cel phone from a valve based computer is an incredible leap, but it's not a big leap to make a transistor based computer from a valve based computer. And then not a big leap to a desktop, then to a laptop, etc.
>>
Its kinda mind boggling when you think about it, especially with the latest advancements in AI, 3d printing and drones
>>
>>18948958
ever heard of the industrial revolution? that's why we advanced so fast in 100 years
>>
The industrial revolution and the world wars.
>>
File: billted8.jpg (27KB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
billted8.jpg
27KB, 852x480px
>>18949508
Lost
>>
>>18948958
I wonder what its going to be like in 100, 300 and 1000 years from now. I imagine in 100 years some next level tech will be surprised like now days. Maybe sign contract for $100,000 and get ability to be doctor downloaded instantly in your brain without having to go to school for 12 years or what not. 300 years everyone probably downloads all knowledge maybe in contact with aliens. 1000 years we would be like gods were we can't even comprehend. Thats as long as Muslims don't nuke everybody.
>>
>>18948958
That fucking last one lol. So true.
>>
>>18948958
>Why has the human race advanced so rapidly since the 1900s?
You mean the machine race.
>>
>>18948958
Because we didn't evolve from Apes.
>>
we could've had tech boom in roman empire period, because even then we had concept of steam engine (which arguably started the boom), thing is nobody wanted to invest into this invention, because everybody had slaves, which could do manual labor for them. And if you invest, that makes slaves less valuable so a lose-lose
>>
>>18951887
why not?
>>
>>18951901
We didn't "evolve from apes" at least not directly, that's been a gross misunderstanding that creates the whole rejection of evolution movement we see these days.
>>
>>18949540
>all that "cancer and sickness"
>7 billion people surviving all that "cancer and sickness"

Yes, humans are doing sooo fucking terrible. Don't take your meds when you have pneumonia you retard, it would make you contribute to the "problem", which you're doing anyway so please just kill yourself already if your really think it's that bad. You can't deny that humans are doing better than ever, and we'll be able to make up for the minor disadvantages our natural superiority creates.
>>
>>18951913
You're only right if you wouldn't call the common ancestor we and apes have apes themselves. I have no problems with regarding our ancestors as being "some kind of ape", just as I regard humans as a ape-species today. I certainly disagree that the way someone decides to name something is a good excuse for disregarding a certain theory, just blame stupidity for disregarding facts, not the names of the facts. I mean most relitards think we're not even animals, you can't argue with such kind of persons.
>>
>>18949035
>t. Retard that fell for elitist propaganda
>>
>>18948958

>slavery
>illuminaty

>lucifer worshipping

>anunaki

>read more alternative news instead of fake news

>check if you resonate if yes keep reading. exe
>if nob keep sleeping. com
>>
File: 1311978370592.jpg (817KB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1311978370592.jpg
817KB, 1600x1600px
>>18950114
mmm..nylon stockings
>>
Reverse alien technology of course.
>>
>>18948958
It's the snowball effect, more technology and human knowledge leads to more technology and human knowledge.

Each generation has the combined wisdom as all the generations before it, so the further forward in time we go, the quicker progression is made.
>>
>>18949540
Then why do we have the Highest living standard and average life span, compared to any other period of civilisation? I wish you could spend 10 years living in Feudalistic Britain and see which time period you prefer.
>>
>>18951913
We both evolved from apes and we are apes.

We didn't evolve from the gorillas in the zoo, no. Those would be cousins, not ancestors.
>>
um, industrialization?
>>
>>18948958
Humans figured out how to game the system, so to speak. But it won't work out in the long run since it's not sustainable.
>>
The end is near, so the evil spirits of the earth are giving away their secrets to man in order to condemn us. We are living in the time of temptation and are being tried.
>>
>>18949035
the only people who should be culled are people who are so empty and without compassion that they consider culling humans a valid option.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.