[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the bible complete? What books are missing? What has been

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 7

File: Ghost Jack.jpg (102KB, 600x471px) Image search: [Google]
Ghost Jack.jpg
102KB, 600x471px
Is the bible complete? What books are missing? What has been edited and left out?
>>
its definitely not complete

I wont spoon feed the rest, because there is a lot missing and there are several different versions, even different translations of the same version are different content wise.

but youre asking the right questions
>>
>>18946827
Jesus dies at the end but then they edited him back in for a last scene the fans, its based on the life of paul walker and is a new york times best-seller of 1996.
>>
>>18946827
look into gnosticism
>>
>>18946827
That's how I feel on it
>>
nice sublte brainwashing there OP. go fucking neck yourself
>>
It's not just the editing or omissions.
Many of the words and phrases used in the original language don't directly translate to English at all, or their connotations have been lost over time.
>>
>>18946859
how is that even possible
>>
jesus killed a child with his bare hands
>>
File: Jesus_499a02_281959.gif (80KB, 320x400px) Image search: [Google]
Jesus_499a02_281959.gif
80KB, 320x400px
>>18946827
Good questions, will lurk for answers
>>
>>18946899

Jesus was human, anon. He didn't have bear hands.
>>
>>18946827
Look up the Book of Enoch.
>>
>>18946827
Good question. I think there are many texts that were just cut out after the council at Nicaea. Where they decided what would, and wouldn't be in the final edit. Many many authors. And a meeting full of people arguing about importance, and preference. And the politics of religion. Humanity clouds the truth with pride. Always.
>>
one body of thought suggests that jesus faked his death
>>
>>18946975
>Its main accomplishments were settlement of the Christological issue of the divine nature of the God the Son and his relationship to God the Father, the construction of the first part of the Nicene Creed, establishing uniform observance of the date of Easter, and promulgation of early canon law.
>>
>>18946847
I like the version better where he comes back as a raging green giant and the son of Odin has to descend from Valhalla to put him back to rest.
>>
>>18946882
Linguistics is... messy.
You have no idea.
>>
>>18946985
If there was a group decision(a vote of sorts), on who the Messiah was...there is already a problem.
>>
File: IMG_1517.png (70KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1517.png
70KB, 300x300px
>>18946827
Three hundred and sixty degrees, Anon.
>>
>>18946882
This might help explain what I mean when I say linguistics is messy.
This is also "English":
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_K13GJkGvDw
>>
File: Jesus-hero.jpg (62KB, 560x250px) Image search: [Google]
Jesus-hero.jpg
62KB, 560x250px
>>18946827
Roughly a millennium ago 'Reincarnation' was removed from the bible.
Religious leaders at the time believed that people would waste their lives since they'll just come back anyway, Buddhism proves that teaching reincarnation allows people to fully appreciate life and the experiences.
>>
>>18947039
But they didn't, really.
They just made the concept more clouded, to what end, I really don't know.
"He who believes in Me will live, even though he dies."
>>
>>18947009
"he was eager still, linguine gel"
I think that's about right.
>>
one of Noah's ancestors, Enoch, had a book dedicated to him which is still included by the Armenians but for some reason has been excluded by everyone else.
>>
>>18946827
It's complete if you are on the same page as that ancient council that put it together as we know it today, which picked and chose which books stayed and which didnt. Many sects have different bibles, so it's "completeness" totally depends on what you believe to be true (or what is useful to you), and what angle you're looking at it from. You can find most of the apocryphal and cut texts online.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDQ0w_f5P2s
>>
>>18946827
read the da Vinci code
>>
>>18946827
Been wondering about this too and that's probably why I like looking up stuff about Gnosticism. Some anon on here discussed that there was some book cut about the War in Heaven about that in the events leading up to the rebellion, all angels on El Shaddai's side were told to fight. One angel that became his new favorite said something along the lines of " I am too young to fight". He was then pushed in front of Archangel Michael, who then cleaved him in half. This let the angels know that they were now fighting for their existence.
>>
>>18946827
Bart Ehrman wrote a good scholarly (ie non /x/) book about this called Lost Christianities. Lots of politics and fighting over a long period decided which books were in and out of the canon.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Gospels

And many of the books are highly edited/censored and some are widely recognized as forgeries (Timothy I and II)
>>
File: bnmvjhnj.jpg (29KB, 500x362px) Image search: [Google]
bnmvjhnj.jpg
29KB, 500x362px
>>18947039
oh my god can you please give me some sort of source I desperately need to show this to someone.
>>
what if the bible is a psyop made by time travelers?

what if it was a work of fiction that got published then got into the wrong hands?

what if someone finds millions of harry potter books everywhere and thinks that is a religion?

what if?
>>
>>18947666
Its covered in the secret book of john
>“When they come forth from the body, such a soul is given over to the powers created by the rulers, bound in chains, and cast into prison again. Around and around it goes until it manages to become free from forgetfulness through knowledge. And so, eventually, it becomes perfect and is saved.”

http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/apocjn-davies.html
>>
>>18947000
It wasn't on who the Messiah was but rather what the Messiah was in the way of divinity. Was he fully human, fully divine or fully human and fully divine. Furthermore, if he was divine, was he god or just an angelic being. Was he to become part of the Trinity with the Father and the Holy Spirit? This is actually where the Roman Catholic and the Eastern Orthodox churches grew heavily in their disagreements. It's insane how differently one religion can vary all over the world.
>>
File: baf.jpg (53KB, 516x425px) Image search: [Google]
baf.jpg
53KB, 516x425px
>>18947039
>>18947666
Nvm I spent like 5 min and found my own sources goddamn this is incredible.

Seriously thank you so much for mentioning this holy shit. I was looking for ammunition to bring down this last wall and you just handed me a grenade.
>>
The bible will never be complete because its missing one key thing.

The truth
>>
>>18946991
Isn't that part of the old Mesopatmian epic starring cim jerry? where in the dog and his son turn green, because he's scared to have kids?
>>
>>18948039
mesopotamian* sorry
>>
>>18946827
the books of the wars of the lord, and the others mentioned by name in the bible, that no one has seen in a long time.
>>
>>18946827
Look at the original King James version of the bible published in 1611. It was edited by Francis Bacon and contains Rosicrucian symbolism throughout. Lots of passages were changed too.
>>
>>18946991
>not the one where he was cloned and saved a demon infested post apocalyptic Tokyo from God, whose a giant yellow head for some reason.
>>
>>18946827
>Is the bible complete?

No, gnosticism, the apocrypha, etc.
>>
There are many truths to the Bible. And there are half-truths. That goes for every other possible thing in life that exists. It's all one big contradiction. We struggle to learn everything and retain it only to find that at the very end of it all we have ultimately learned nothing. We're born knowing everything. There is no learning. You're simply reiterating on things you've already known you're entire life and bringing it to light again.
>>
>>18946846
>I wont spoon feed the rest
The reason being that you don't actually know anything regarding this subject.
>>
>>18946859
this.
First time browsing here on /x/, but an old professor I had spoke 7 different languages, and always remarked how beautiful the writing of the new testament was.

The Pauline letters in original greek read like words of art— double meanings, alliterations, phrasing, etc. Better than any modern poetry, according to him.
>>
A big thing about reading biblical text is "reading in between the lines"
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (41KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
41KB, 1280x720px
>>18948527
/x/ in a nutshell
>>
insinuating that the bible was nothing more than keks and luls written by rich roman senators in dark secret rooms
>>
>>18947098
Actually it's the Ethiopians
>>
>>18946983

Which is surprisingly easy to do when you are crucified in front of hundreds of onlookers.
>>
>>18948842
Insinuating it wasn't
>>
>>18947591

Bart has a great line of studies on the subject. Him not being religious keeps his work objective. Great post.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-canonical_books_referenced_in_the_Bible
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.