[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So. is there any spiritual / supernatural way to beat procrastination?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

File: lazy.jpg (130KB, 525x731px) Image search: [Google]
lazy.jpg
130KB, 525x731px
So. is there any spiritual / supernatural way to beat procrastination? All conventional methods failed for me and this shit driving me crazy.
>>
>>18943108
also sorry for unrelated pic, mistake
>>
There's always amphetamine. What is it that you're reluctant to do? Why do you feel that spirituality or the supernatural is the solution?
>>
I procrastinate a shit load too, have gotten better, not much but better.
>>
>>18943117
anything. Now should i do retouching for my friend, since tomorrow is due, but i cant. I've read a ton of books about topic, but all of them were about seting youg goals, meditate and just do it. It just wont work. I woluld love to have something like talisman, or charm that would make me do things when i i should do them.
>>
>>18943126
because now i feel like magic is the only thing that could help me
>>
>>18943128
How are you going to practice something like magic if you can't dredge up enough motivation to deal with regular life?
>>
>>18943108

Here's the rub:

In order for things of this nature to work you either have to desperately need it (which you don't, you just *want* it) or be disciplined. The fact that you're procrastinating means you lack discipline. Fix that and everything else will sort itself out.
>>
>>18943108
There sure is!
I'll tell you how tomorrow,
>>
>>18943108
Taynger, is that you?
>>
>>18943136
>>18943137
so, no easy way out? i know i lack of discipline and motivation. That's i post here. And i know it will sound stupid, or ridiculing, but i've been hoping for some spell, or talisman or something like that
>>
you must hold hands with your dad during a full moon. while looking into each other's eyes, chant "ding dang ol slip slap" until you are approached by the night jester. he will further instruct you, but only one of you...
>>
>>18943142
Spells only work if you either need it or have discipline. Discipline is the most magical concept.
>>
>>18943142
No idea, not into magic and don't come here for that. But just entertaining the idea of it being true: it is rarer than the most prestigious jobs both mental and physical. That says to me that in order to achieve it will require more work and effort than those prestigious jobs.

It sounds more like you want someone who does magic to give you charity. That usually takes sexual favors.
>>
File: 1486702001000.jpg (90KB, 585x900px) Image search: [Google]
1486702001000.jpg
90KB, 585x900px
You have a spiritual calling that you are ignoring. It's impossible to do anything other than what you are meant to do.

This "trying" that you fake, would be to the wrong direction. A set amount of people is born for spiritual practices, and are given the option of being gurus or do-nothings that swear for God that they are "trying so hard". You are just creating unnecessary and inane tension inside yourself for no useful reason.

Follow your intuition.
>>
>>18943155
my intuition brought me here.... i know. it's moŕe psychological problem. and i kinda understand that you have to have strong mind and will to even start to think about magic, but still... i mean, why do you think i made this thread, instead of working on that photoshop files that are open on taskbar. naah, forget it, guys. let's just end this thread
>>
File: 1481387441642.jpg (344KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1481387441642.jpg
344KB, 500x500px
>>18943108

Just start subscribing to the belief that time is an illusion.
>>
>>18943108
Do you want to know how did i overcome my focus issues (in fact, lack of will)?
It was a problem because i couldn't study anymore, i got distracted and lost a lot of time every afternoon. So i put a knife next to me. A cut on my forearm every time i wasn't reading my fucking book. A cut every time i went to read a message on my smartphone. A cut every time i stood up to go to the toilet without finishing a chapter.
A psycologist wouldn't approve my method, but it worked. Now i need to study with a knife beside me, but i don't feel the urge to stop stidying.
>>
>>18943287
well, im not looking for judge, but i can imagine that i would start to like cutting. it doesnť looks like way for me, but honestly good luck with that! i kinda envy you.
>>
>>18943108
Meditation.

For totally non spiritual reasons too.

Exercises your self control ability.
>>
I'm willing to bet hypnosis would help. I don't know how well YouTube hypnosis sessions work but you might look into any hypnotists in your area that are available.
>>
File: 1421130079000.gif (1MB, 276x300px) Image search: [Google]
1421130079000.gif
1MB, 276x300px
>>18943108
try some sativa marijuana, it will give you great motivation, you will start cleaning your house and fix things that need fixin
>>
File: TayTay.jpg (68KB, 634x797px) Image search: [Google]
TayTay.jpg
68KB, 634x797px
>>18943387
afrer weed, i just sitting on my bed and lookin ta the wall
>>
>>18943108
No tits and ass whats the appeal my low testosterone chums?
>>
1. Strip completely naked on the night of the full moon.

2. Lather yourself in honey and blood.

3. Go to a three-way crossroad before midnight and sit somewhere you can't be seen.

4. Chant the incantation to Our Lady of Pain, and make an incision somewhere to let out enough blood to spatter the ground before you.

5. Leave and don't look behind you, no matter what you hear.
>>
>>18943421
Did you see her beautiful face, golden hair, perky nose? Her voice :(

also, I have been conditioned to feel this way
>>
>>18943108
Some gods are associated with discipline and getting shit done.

Saturn is a god of limitation. Mars is all about will and getting it done.
>>
>>18943108
I know it sounds dumb but that's what worked for me. Get yourself in deep shit. Go all the way with procrastination. If you don't want to do something don't do it. You'll see the consequences this have on your life and then doing shit will look like this magical thing you can do to make these problems go away.

I thought about it and my theory is that it's like when someone puts his hand on a hot stove and burns himself, he's not going to do that same mistake again. But it's not a conscious choice anymore, it's embedded in your brain. It becomes a reflex, not something you have to think about doing. That's probably why some parents beat their children.

I'm not saying this is the only solution, it can have really harsh consequences depending what you're procrastinating on.
>>
>>18943108
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-sfG8BV8wU
>>
>>18943117
stop being an edgy faggot and set this man on amphs
>>
>>18943164
Spend 10 minutes focusing your energies on what benefits you will get if you were to have done the things you are currently reluctant to do.
>>
>>18943150
wtf I tried this an it worked, jester told me to reply and let you know it works.
>>
>>18943108
If you don't want to do stuff, there's generally a good reason why that you're not addressing. Solve the cause of the desire to procrastinate, and the problem will cease to exist. Much easier said than done, though.

It's quite possible that you're expecting more of yourself than is healthy, and you need a break.

Let me guess, the problem is finals week, right? If so, here's some motivation. If you don't get everything done, thousands of dollars and months of time will have been wasted on classes you're going to have to take again next Spring. Do you want to have to take summer session classes? They're murder.

Hey, captcha is guessing you're at Saratoga. How close did it come?
>>
>>18945976
I'm pretty convinced, that whenever I try to improve myself, there's an entity that just makes me extremely tired and forces me to sleep.
>>
>>18943108
Stop being a lazy fucking retard and do your shit. Is that paranormal enough for you fuckboy?
>>
It is simple. The method you seek is quite easy. Take LSD regularly. Like, 2 tabs once a week so your tolerance could drop. Then once you've had a few experiences, up the dosage to 4-5 and start to look into yourself during the trips and focus on bettering flaws of the mind you feel are hindering you from life.
>>
Hey OP, get checked for attention deficit hyperactivity disorder of the inattentive type. Lack of motivation and extreme procrastination are symptoms of this condition. I have recently been put on an amphetamine and it helps a lot with motivation, even at very low doses. I would recommend seeing a psychologist who would likely try to boost your productivity using mental exercises, but this would fail and you would see a psychiatrist afterward. Some general practitioners would even be willing to start you on a trial dosage of an amphetamine. These medications begin working moments after you take them, so you don't have a lengthy titration period to wait out. Good luck OP, we struggle with the same issue.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.