[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you guys believe that humans have been cloned? Do you believe

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

Do you guys believe that humans have been cloned? Do you believe that cloning a human (or anything else for that matter) is possible?

Clones. Discuss clones
>>
Hello
E
L
L
O

Daniel
A
N
I
E
L
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nc0m5UMPwtU
>>
No. Only god can give you a soul and conscience
>>
>>18940699
>Believe

It is possible. If it has been done, we do not have evidence for or against such a possibility. Where the fuck does belief come into play?
>>
>>18940702
My name isn't Daniel though
>>
>>18940734
Have you seen a clone with your own eyes?

Even if you had you would have the choice to believe it or not. Retard
>>
The korean clonning doctor original papers.

http://science.sciencemag.org/content/308/5729/1777/F1

http://science.sciencemag.org/content/303/5664/1669.full

This are the two that got refuted, funny enough they have more that 20 people involved in each one meaning that all of them were lying.

It also passed the peer review, before it was retracted, all of them are still working, Hwang Woo Suk was clonning dogs for the Russian anti terrorist forces not so long ago.
>>
>>18940699
>Do you guys believe that humans have been cloned?

it's illegal and thus highly profitable, of course humans have been cloned
>>
>>18940750
whoosh?
>>
>>18940699
Yeah I believe in clones in the sense that they could take your DNA and replicate it exactly to make a clone. But I don't believe there is like a human copy machine out there that instantly spits out the clone. It would have to start as an embryo and develop just like any other human being. I don't think the whole celebrity cloning theory is a thing because if they were to clone Brittany Spears or something, it would always be 34 years old younger than she is..or however fucking old she is.
>>
>>18940699
>Do you believe that cloning a human (or anything else for that matter) is possible?
Did you not pay attention in highschool bio or what?
>>
>>18940699

If the technology is there it can def can, just a matter of ethics and time

Mostly ethics always fuckin ethics moralists and religious nut jobs
>>
>>18940699
They're definitely possible.
Humans are being cloned at Mt Hood and by ETs.
>>
>>18940699
Of course cloning is possible. We have done it for centuries with plants and fungi. It is the basis of brand beer.

People however can be cloned, but it is their ability to interact with their surroundings that will result in different persons over time.
>>
Clones in animals have been proven time and time again to exhibit completely different behaviors than their "parents."

Phenotype expression is so complex, cloned cats will exhibit completely different coat patterns.
>pic related

Then you bring in nature vs nurture and epigentics and it all goes into making a clone a completely different animal.

You can also "clone" pieces of tissue, nerve endings, and pieces of organ in a very similar manner.

>t. Graduate student who clones dorsal root ganglia and pigs for alzheimer research. Ask me anything.
>>
File: rainbowandcc.jpg (14KB, 410x315px) Image search: [Google]
rainbowandcc.jpg
14KB, 410x315px
>>18941843
Fuck forgot pic.

Rainbow and CC, CC (aka Copy Cat) is the exact genetic clone of Rainbow.
>>
>>18940710
this guy is a faggot
>>
>>18941843
What is the end goal of your research? Clone healthy brain stem cells to replace cells afflicted with alzheimer?
How tough are laws and regulations in your workfield? Do clones still have a high chance of weird defects like that first cloned sheep?
>>
>>18941855
The pigs are used in multiple studies that branch out in relation to Alzheimers. Basically a disease model with more accuracy to humans than rats (not too unlike the diabetes studies of the 20th century. Until the early 90s if you had insulin it was from a pig pancreas).

Not every pig used in the overall research is cloned. We are specifically cloning obese pigs, because a professor made a breakthrough at our university that found a genetic link between obese parents or grandparents and alzheimers in descendents.

However many populations specifically with genetic ties to East Asia also exhibit a higher frequency of it without the obesity tie. Thus the conundrum.

The root ganglia is used in neurology often for nerve replication to test medication and treatment. This explains the purpose better than I. It still is an imperfect process even after 20 years.
>basically make it so you don't have to dig around the grey matter in someone's brain to find treatments or cures.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10377351

Since I am a student I know little of the exact source of grant money. I know a fair amount is from the US Department of Agriculture. Even for the human dorsal root ganglia (maybe because I'm in the Ag dept)
>>
>>18941863
Relating to your third question, genetic defects happen no more than the norm of simple domestic breeding, which often involves a lot of linebreeding.

As far as second question, the only oddities of my job are biohazard passes so I can walk in the microbiology lab and grab an agar plate, and the fact that when I physically interact with the pigs I have to take a shower and put on the facility's clothes (simple scrubs and some boots). Also any trucks that come to the premises past the gate (employees park behind the gate) have to be thoroughly washed. Although, these pigs have zero antibiotics, therefore this likely is to do with sanitation. Most of those trucks are food from local farms to make for the pigs, which we track down to the smallest percentage of micronutrient.

I also shower when I leave, and cannot interact with any other swine species (or even go wild boar hunting) for 72 hours.
>>
>>18940704
The institute replaces humans with Synths
>>
>>18940699
Possible? Yeah.
Done? Surely.
Will we know before we get rekt by ourselves? I doubt it.
>>
>>18940699
No. Ongoing reproduction genetic diversity is one of our defences against ever evolving diseases.

By a few generations a clone would be taken down easily by a common cold. Not to mention some of your genetics shut off as you age so if youre cloned your new clone will have weakened or shut down expression from those genes.

Sorry, man. I hate bursting bubbles on /x/, we're all here for fun and games but I just learned this on the radio the other day.
>>
>>18942089
I misunderstood your question.

Humans can easily be cloned with todays technology. Theres just huge ethical barriers, plus the "why" question when you consider what ive posted above.
>>
>>18940710
Fag
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.