[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

can we talk about this roko basiliks stuff? What is your opinion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: basiliks 2 point 0.jpg (113KB, 1062x331px) Image search: [Google]
basiliks 2 point 0.jpg
113KB, 1062x331px
can we talk about this roko basiliks stuff? What is your opinion about this? How far can we take this?
>>
There's already a thread on this
>>
Is the reason these threads keep popping up because some autists fell for it and now try to spread it out of fear?

(btw theres a medieval bestiary that claims the basilisk kills not with its stare but with its poisonous musk. So stop spreading its stench)
>>
It's built on a faulty negative utilitarian wager coupled with a potentially faulty concept of identity. It takes all of a few minutes to knock the central moral imperative that the "basilisk" would operate on apart. Yet people spread the idea around for spooky purposes.
>>
>>18939213
The reason is top5s recently did a video with roko's as the first entry so all the kids want to seem smart and cool by spreading this thing they just learned about
>>
>>18939228
This. It's not plausible for many reasons, not least of which is the abilities of AI and what its goals would actually be. You can't just say "be beneficial to humans", you have to define what that means. It won't have the insight to torture people because it won't have the real-world experience necessary, not to mention it's an incredibly weird and specific way to protect itself. The singularity is far more likely, and would be more threatening anyway.
>>
>>18939228
>>18940841
It's a good test for people who think they're smart but aren't actually very smart, and who have paranoid and/or schizophrenic tendencies so it's no surprise it would come through /x/ with a vengeance.
>>
>>18939147
>quantumbabble
Oh. I thought we'd actually be talking about basilisks.
>>18939213
Well there we go...
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.