[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any religions & faiths believe the PRACTICIONER

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_2403.jpg (53KB, 808x1149px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2403.jpg
53KB, 808x1149px
Are there any religions & faiths believe the PRACTICIONER to be the most powerful being?
>>
Sounds pretty selfish.
>>
Rosicrcuianism :)

www.soul.org
>>
>>18938778
LaVayen Satanism? Uhhh, That Maegerzijan cult or whatever theyre called also believe in the acolyte being the most powerful being if i recall. The whole new age universal mind stuff i think is like that. Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm idk.
>>
I'm trying to start a new religion that has this belief.

I think mysticism is the truth.
Mystics believe you can have a direct, unitive experience of God, so that you would see that You are God.
Jesus Christ was born an ordinary person who achieved a permanent state of Divine Realization.
By making his will at one with the will of God, he was a mystic who had gained access to God's Thoughts.

The Holy Ghost, has been misinterpreted. It is actually two entities, the Holy Spirit and the Spirit of Truth. The Spirit of Truth is the second Christ of this system, who will bring divine judgement upon mankind.

The purpose of mankind is to travel the mystical path and become a Christ.
>>
>>18938792
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Rosicrucian_Fellowship

Check out the "teachings" section. Sounds like some one beat you to it haha :)
>>
>>18938792
>new
>>
File: New-Testament_Blue-800x800[1].jpg (72KB, 518x800px) Image search: [Google]
New-Testament_Blue-800x800[1].jpg
72KB, 518x800px
>>18938778
Satanism pretends that's what it's about, but Satan isn't praying to you, so even that is a ruse.

Atheism is what you're after.

If you realise there's more to existence that isn't random, nor can it be accounted for by human senses, you'll come back to a sensible, Higher Power worshiping practice.

I recommend God and Jesus. All you have to do is treat others as you would like to be, genuinely want to do better when you do shitty things (repenting), and say with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord".

Pretty fucking easy imo.
>>
>>18938806
I'm not after anything.
I just bet that I could probably make a religion from scratch and it already exists
>>
>>18938803
Wow, that's pretty funny. :-]

Their idea of metaphysics differs from mine, but the general idea is the same.

The problem would then be finding the pathway to the Godhead, which I believe I may have discovered.
>>
>>18938806
I'm fairly certain Jesus is my lord and I can always confide in him, but I'm still very curious. I dont question Christianity as much as Mormonism, which I was baptized into.
>>
>>18938778
Just be a Monist, the tradition doesn't matter. Monists all want to be God, and hide that behind saying everyone is God. It's solipsism with a pretentious, smarmy veneer of altruism.
>>
>>18938815
Oh do you now? And what might that be? :)
>>
>>18938788
>Rosicrucianism
>Thinks the practicioner holds absolute power
>Too dumb to realise Rosicrucianism's stll a Protestant Christan faith
God is still the most powerful being in the eyes of Rosicrucians.
>>
>>18938844
Yeah but it advocates the evolution and development of your consciousness and finding the god inside you. It's more of a power to behold and strive to IMO. Obviously there are flaws now but the original texts, including the chemical wedding have truly virtuous ideas.
>>
>>18938843

You see, God is creating the most glorious creation possible.
The idea starts with the mystic soul, which is so glorious.
But more glorious than that, is if you increased the virtue of the mystic soul. If it did it's work on its own, by fullfilling its potential and raising its awareness(meditating).
Greater than this is if it powers its own awareness.
The entire system of the universe is so that the soul can power itself, in a self-contained and self-reliant system.
This is actualized as harvesting food, eating/digesting food to empower the brain which is what imbues the soul with its energy.

The entire system is self-reliant, meaning all the pieces work together to do their work on their own.

This means that you are suppose to do all of your work on your own as well, with your own man-power.

Using technology is a sin and prevents one from seeing God, even if they are meditating properly.

The problem is everyone lives off of technology, and we need to create a microsociety which uses only uses tools from Jesus' time.
>>
>>18938789
>Maegerzijan

Ah yes, the maergjziran cabal, present in blood, the vidya.
>>
>>18938863
Technology is a beautiful thing in itself Anon, it teaches us a lot about ourselves if we care to listen. Things like the internet and modern medicine are a wonder to behold, same with how art can be created so easily. I think your theory needs a bit more reworking, Eastern and Western ideals can coexist
>>
>>18938863
Ughhhhh but that sounds BORING.
>>
>>18938874
Yes well, ultimately God is a stickler anyway. Anything you do that has not been commanded by God is considered idle activity. The appeal of comfort and beauty can be an obstacle on the path.

Technology has done a lot of beneficial things for society and if you use it to survive I doubt it is a crime in God''s eyes, but I consider it an impediment to Spirit. To get the job done one must renounce the world.

I think my theory offers the best explanation for a mystical reality, and also offers why people in the modern era have had trouble finding God now that mysticism is more popular.
>>
>>18938887
True renunciation lies not in the rejection of the material, but in the use of the material for divine purpose instead of personal. External rejection shows that the mind is still polluted with selfish thoughts. "If I use this technology, I will stray from the spiritual."

Consider the analogy of a bank teller. All day a bank teller is manipulating money. But the money is not for the bank teller to use for personal enjoyment. Doing that would be "sin." Yet at the same time, the bank teller would also commit "sin" by stepping back and going "No, I will not touch the money." It is when the teller can use the money purified of personal desire and expectation that the "proper" use of the money is obtained.
>>
>>18938905
Perhaps check out the eight-fold path of Buddhism. It seems to be a great way to morally navigate life, your bank teller example reminded me of it
>>
>>18938905
According to Christ, you must "give away all your wealth" and "become a servant to man"

I don't think being a banker would classify as a moral obligation in accordance with God. I see being a servant more as offering food / shelter / water / and clothing to the poor as your profession.

And like I said, I think my theory is my best shot if it is an unused method in a world where everyone is failing. Too bad I need money to start a spiritual community. :-/
>>
>>18938778
This is what most occult philosophies teach at the highest grades, even though surface-level occultism is full of deity veneration.
>>
>>18938984
You're taking the analogy too literally. If you wish, the banker in the analogy is God, you are not the banker, you work for the banker. You don't own anything, you use everything in the service of your "employer."
>>
>>18938995
>This is what most occult philosophies teach at the highest grades
[citation missing]
[misunderstanding of source material likely]
>>
>>18938887
You're literally shitposting about this on the internet.
>>
>>18938792
Looks interesting thus far, wish someone in my town do a cult tbhfam
>>
Kashmir Shaivism. The ultimate goal is for the practitioner to wake up and self-identify with Shiva the supreme consciousness/deity. It's a small sect of Hinduism. I can answer questions about it if you like.
>>
>>18940359
Why does the Manifest sit on my dick to animate me?
>>
>>18938778
Judaism. It feeds and encourages narcissists and sociopaths.
>>
>>18940359
What is the difference between kashmir and non kashmir shaivism? Also what are your main sastras
>>
File: Rosebyanyothername.jpg (53KB, 288x432px) Image search: [Google]
Rosebyanyothername.jpg
53KB, 288x432px
>>18938788

Meanwhile, the four groups, through the divine powers of the Buddha, saw the bodhisattvas filling the empty space of immeasurable hundreds of thousands of millions of billions of lands. Among these bodhisattvas, there were four leaders. The first leader was called Superior Actions, the second leader was called Boundless Actions, the third leader was called Pure Actions, and the fourth leader was called Steadfast Actions. These four bodhisattvas were the foremost teachers and leaders among the assembly. (LS 15: 1.8)

“For those children of the Buddhas
who have been practicing many good karma
and seeking the unsurpassed wisdom,
the Buddha will teach them the pure way. (Lotus Sutra 1: 2.14)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9EU1TcF1u4
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.