[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ask yourself: Am I conscious? You might think that your consciousness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

File: ob.jpg (7KB, 236x241px) Image search: [Google]
ob.jpg
7KB, 236x241px
Ask yourself: Am I conscious?
You might think that your consciousness is the one who answered, but it is also the one who asked. There is no way to trap it and see what it really is. It is like a dog chasing a hare but when the dog catches it becomes the hare and it starts again.

Is it paranormal do break this loop?
Is it godlike?
Can one achieve this while alive?
>>
Yes, I have achieved it and I am alive.
>>
>Is it paranormal do break this loop?
It do
>>
File: yin-yang.jpg (18KB, 576x450px) Image search: [Google]
yin-yang.jpg
18KB, 576x450px
>>18938675
>>
>>18938694
I understand this, anon. But what lies behind it? The truth is like a wind inside myself.
>>
this hurts my brain stop it OP i don't like these kinds of thoughts it hurts my head
>>
>>18938675
I am the one who asked and answered. Consciousness is what made me think both.

I think therefore I am. It's as simple as that.
>>
>>18938743
It's not that simple. If you say "I think therefore I am" you are just in the loop when the only affirmation that implies that you really are is simple "I am". The thinking part is obsolete if you understand this.
This is what I am talking about, anon. This light that shines in you.
>>
>>18938743
But you can meditate and not think, yet still BE. So if it really as simple as that?
>>
Ask why you asked your self then, certainly such a question would not be suggested lightly. Know thyself and all. For me its less of cat and mouse situation and more of an amazing conceptual design. Any cycle is just the beauty of nature with itself you have to learn to appreciate what you have.

Not to sound edgy but I am, therefore I think.
>>
>>18938675

>You might think that your consciousness is the one who answered

But that's not consciousness. Consciousness is the experience of observation; cognition may well operate independent of this and make decisions based upon its own nature.

>Is it paranormal do [sic] break this loop?

It would be a hell of a thing to observe consciousness from outside itself. I think that if anyone can confidently attest to that, then it is quite paranormal.

>Can one achieve this while alive?

From my perspective, life is less relevant than consciousness. Both are difficult to define, but consciousness at least has a peculiarity to its nature.The trouble is in how can one perceive one's own consciousness whilst being conscious?

My conclusion is that we require a meta-concept of experience/analysis/wtf.
>>
Before Abraham was, I AM!
>>
>>18938759
I know what you are saying, I put the dog and hare to try to explain the cycle, anon. I feel like this dark shed full of thing that I can go through with a flashlight, but then something turned the lights on and I have no ceiling or walls.
>>
Your stuck in a loop, you know who/what you are, you are nothing, we are all the nothing that observes the something
>>
>>18938772
Go outside and breathe the fresh air Anon. Some times a bright mind flies too high. Maybe take a day to root yourself, let your subconscious work on things and come back to the problem. Its a big question to ask and Rome wasn't built in a day ya know?

Mind set is everything, I think of it as a fun puzzle rather than a eternal suffering miasma. Not saying you do either but you get the point most people will try to beat you down like

>>18938775
>>
>>18938772

Can you imagine a thing vast and complex enough to interpret itself bit by bit? A fantastically powerful computer, for example. This is you by definition. An organic computer so terribly vast and complex that it calculates its own existence. An existence that can only be modeled, imperfectly, due to the physical restraints of the organ itself.

If this is part of a personal journey, then you are chasing a dragon, sir.
>>
>>18938791
This loop is the only restraints.
I am mesmerized to know that this light that lies inside me also lies inside you with the same brightness. It's not a personal journey, it's a human race journey, anon.
>>
>>18938782
Isn't this the last piece of the puzzle?
I've been thinking about it for a long long time and there is no forgetting about it, this is life, anon. Not this life, but LIFE.
>>
>>18938675
>You might think that your consciousness is the one who answered, but it is also the one who asked.
But OP... you're the one who asked.
>>
>>18938675
>You might think that your consciousness is the one who answered, but it is also the one who asked.
Disagree. Your consciousness neither asked nor answered. That was the mind. The consciousness was aware of both the question and the answer, but in both instances did nothing.
>>
>>18938818
>>18938818
Didn't you asked yourself like I told you to?
>>
>>18938831
This doesn't make sense, anon.
>>
>>18938817
Depends on what your picture is Anon. Beauty and the nature of it is a complex and profound thing ya know. I think there is something in the human mind being able to concept and create it as well. This very conversation between the two of us has had its own merits.
>>
>>18938838
What didn't you understand? Thoughts and desires flow through the mind, discriminated and chosen amongst by the intelligence, all guided by the false ego. All of this the consciousness is aware of. None of these are the actions of consciousness.
>>
Why would you want to stop it? This world is beautiful, why not just be a part of it?
>>
>>18938811

Then the restraints may be inescapable by law. Though I believe, optimistically, that the human race may be able to determine the computational limits of consciousness. How it could ever be proven, I do not know. And I somewhat worry for our future if we ever do solve that puzzle.
>>
>>18938841
I believe in that too. It's just too hard to figure it out alone. I know that Rome wasn't built in a day and I am glad that we might be putting the last brick, anon. Soon.

>>18938859
I don't want to stop being part of this world, I want to understand LIFE itself.

>>18938871
I know what you are telling me, anon. But you fail to understand me.
>>
>>18938883

>I know what you are telling me, anon. But you fail to understand me.

Are you sure? You seem, to me, to be asking an impossible question. I've attempted to outline the boundaries of inquiry. If you're proposing a conversation beyond those boundaries, then I cannot follow. I don't know how reason could possibly operate to that extent. If you mean for a discussion within the realm of necessitated subjective experience and a sensitivity for what that entails, then perhaps I have missed something.What am I failing to understand?
>>
>>18938833
You're the one telling me to ask myself though.
>>
>>18938895
I am not talking about measuring limits I am talking about breaking it, about what lies behind your sense of yourself and true life, anon. How did it came to be?
>>
>>18938950

I'm talking about the limits of etymology. Breaking those limits provides no further knowledge, including the knowledge you're hoping to uncover.
>>
>>18938960
I am not talking about the "end limit" but about the "start limit". I am talking about the limit between a bunch o cells becoming a concious being. There are no room for words, so etymology doesn't fit.
>>
File: spincycle.gif (387KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
spincycle.gif
387KB, 700x700px
>>
>>18938831
This. Body, mind and consciousness. Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva.
>>
>>18938743
More I THINK NOT therefore I AM. Not childs play tho, hehe.
>>
>>18938979

I wrote earlier that I hope we can one day understand how consciousness forms from computation. If that wasn't your point of interest then I can't follow what you're talking about anymore.
>>
File: ecodex_47.jpg (15KB, 257x271px) Image search: [Google]
ecodex_47.jpg
15KB, 257x271px
Consciousness is the continuous flow between the voice and the listener.

Consciousness is the snake climbing the world tree.

Consciousness is void and matter mixing in space.

Consciousness is 0 and 1.

To break this circle is to break yourself.
>>
>>18938883
Understanding life is a noble goal, but are we really smart enough to do so? You cant explain math to a mouse. If we were able to understand life, i think we would already have done so. At the end of the day, we dont have the mental power to understand it all. That doesnt mean the answers arent there.
>>
>>18941434
Shut the fuck you stupid monist, fucking monism I'm sick of you fuckwits trying to tell people they are God
>>
>>18938675
You can think of reality as a set of options. Everything you experience can be observed as a set of options for the next thing which is to be observed. The ultimate option then is "what sort of options do you want to have the ability to observe?" On the one hand, being repeatedly offered the same options you don't want to choose can be irritating, even offensive, like a DDOS attack to the senses. On the other hand, the only way to not experience having those options offered to you is to give up the ability to choose them.

This is the paradox of freewill. There is more than one solution. How people solve this paradox determines the configuration of their soul. This is generally speaking what this world is for, at this time. Because life on Earth has been isolated in a spiritual sense, whatever solution people do arrive at in regards to the paradox of freewill is considered to be their authentic choice.

You may call this godlike if you wish. However, this is the time of people learning and discussing publicly ways to both break out of causality, or reestablish it when broken. Far from being an impossible task while alive, it is a trending realization. Indeed, completing a life *without* arriving at a decisive solution to the paradox of freewill is a good way to reincarnate with your memory blank slated on a world like this, where the solution hasn't been predetermined already. Or said another way, worlds like Earth are places where new souls--which have never experienced reincarnation in recent memory--are grown.

Whether you want to believe that continuing one's consciousness beyond the point of organic death is possible or not is a question I will let you decide for yourself.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.