[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi guys. I never really looked at this board for more than five

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 1394927481584.jpg (365KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
1394927481584.jpg
365KB, 900x600px
Hi guys. I never really looked at this board for more than five seconds despite using 4chan on and off since probably 2007. At one point in my life when I was feeling depressed I found out there was an organization in my city to help young people who might be at risk for psychosis. They believed I qualified, although I suspected I was lying and exaggerating things. They diagnosed me as schizotypal personality disorder. I quit my job because I couldn't handle it and then spent some time as a homeless person trying to figure out what was going on in my life. Then when I started talking to some therapists that actually wanted to talk about my family rather than just stupid CBT, I realized that I have massive dissociation and my childhood and family life was clearly extremely traumatic. I am realizing that it is actually very valid that society would designate me as schizotypal. I am realizing I do have all these symptoms.

I always used to believe and kind of still do that if I put my earbuds in my pocket, and take them out two seconds later and they are in a giant knot, that that does not make physical sense and God is fucking with me. I generally feel the same way about computers being slow or doing something (I think) I didn't tell them to do. I never really talked to anyone about this I guess. When I was 6 I came home from school crying because I was so convinced that other people were not real. I wrote journals to basically "God" when I was about 8 even though my family is atheist.

None of this would be a problem except that I think I have some "negative symptoms" in that I can't really concentrate on things very well and feel tired all the time.

Help me make sense of my situation, /x/.
>>
>>18938366
interested. bump but you maybe have basic disaccotiation idek
>>
File: 1395197404802s.jpg (10KB, 161x200px) Image search: [Google]
1395197404802s.jpg
10KB, 161x200px
If I could just expand a little, I do not think that every time a computer is being slow that it is fucking with me, only sometimes.

That is not really what I wanted to expand on though. I know there are certain scientists who have an overly autistic view of schizophrenia and say that there is no connection between schizophrenia and creativity, which is clearly retarded because every music composer works at night, writers drink alcohol to "loosen up the keys and get into the dream state" or write first thing when they wake up, proust and aphex twin advocate sleep deprivation, etc. On the other hand when I hear people say "I am a shaman" or that they cast spells, I generally think they are retarded.

So I guess what I'm saying is that I believe that there are some things that paranormal-type people understand better than regular people. I guess I don't know what my point is. My entire life I just assumed that I was much smarter than everyone else but in recent years I've become less delusional and realized that I'm not quite the genius I thought I was. And I do find it hard to concentrate on things and talk very fast. I talk pretty slowly and if I smoke weed or something, my memory span becomes three seconds long. It is noticeably different from my friends. I cannot string sentences together much at all when I am high.

So in a way right now everything feels like a total mindfuck because I am remembering how I felt when I was 8 and recognizing it and I don't have this inaccurate narrative about myself any more. I guess what I want to know is, can any of you relate? I know some scientists are retarded, but I also do fear becoming stupider and less functional as I get older. I don't care about believing in crazy shit, maybe because I've never experienced psychosis so I can't relate to how bad that is. I just find that I need a lot of time to calm down from stuff and I tend to get overstimulated. And was wondering if any of you feel like this and how to deal with it.
>>
File: ga880404.gif (123KB, 1200x359px) Image search: [Google]
ga880404.gif
123KB, 1200x359px
You're probably more normal than what they want you to believe. You might be a bit paranoid and depressed. I know when I'm really depressed I feel like the world is out to get me. I have symptoms of OCD, ADD, Schizophrenia but it's all due to depression. To fall into the pit of thinking you can't change it though.
>>
>>18938383
Thinking you're center of the universe and then realizing you're not special is just part of growing up. You're having an existential crisis, you're not ill, you need someone to talk to.
>>
hi my friend. its me again.
>>
>>18938383

you said overstimulated and it clocked with me. im curious if you know about hypersensitive people

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sensory_processing_sensitivity
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/ironshrink/201411/the-difference-between-highly-sensitive-and-hypersensitive

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/what-mentally-strong-people-dont-do/201609/9-traits-highly-sensitive-people
>>
>>18938481
pseudoscience stuff, stop putting labels on personality traits
>>
>>18938511
>these peer reviewed studies on stimulus overload are pseudoscience because I have a special snowflake personality

That's cute.
>>
>>18938514
People make it sounds like it's a disease or something you can't change. Just by exercising and going out daily you can get rid of most of these ''symptoms''. In my time it was called being socially awkward. I've been told only recently that I was an hypersensitive person and I've seen therapists for years. This is a trend. A new medical buzzword.
>>
in my opinion this is all valid thoughtery, i don't feel human as much as i do feel human. I was born one month premature and have been told that is breeding grounds for differences from others, which can be called many things (autism comes up often) but i think the defining characteristics of that part of myself are shown in the ways i react to stimuli. Before i get too self absorbed i will stop that talk though, because its my belief that every human has every disorder a human can have, just different balances, all in different places on each spectrum that there is, and then the rest is brought to definition through our responses to stimuli (which is all live is if ya think about it, just stimulation and your response). Sensitivity is a spectrum all its own,and could do with some exploration but i think the best way to understand is to observe others with strong sensitivity and those with weaker inclinations, we're all only as different as our inclinations....or at least this is what i tell myself so that i don't completely unravel as i always (as anyone always is) am. I can be so sensitive as to spend vast amounts of time absorbed in self destruction, but i try to send myself other more outwardly directions. Anyhow, what I'm poking at at the end of the day is that our dispositions are toolboxes we are gifted with at birth, handier than a hand of cards but much the same. IF you feel crazy, use it, if you don't, use it the same. We're little more than animals with far too much anxiety inside of a highly specialized and completely free intellect, we just see and percieve in ways that confound and scare us, but mans will is free to explore beyond these perceived boundaries. whats your guys thoughts?
>>
>>18938366

OP, this is a truly, truly dreadful place to seek advice on mental health. And I'm speaking as someone with very little faith left in the mental health industry.

I was even tempted to give you some advice myself, then remembered that you probably don't share my exact life experience and thus are probably not merely a younger version of myself. That's what most of the other people here are doing to you; treating you as their own failed youths.

So my (hopefully somewhat objective) advice is to stop pathologizing your own behaviour so quickly. 'Normal' people are completely fucked in the head as it is. Some of us are more predisposed to acknowledge our own shortcomings than others, and perhaps you belong to this ilk.

Second bit of advice is to effectively internalize the idea that you are in no way special. This isn't meant as an insult; everyone is composed of the same types of matter as everyone else. But our minds can only relate everything back to ourselves. This, I think, is where you really need to challenge yourself with logic. You could, perhaps, start by considering the vast difference required by probabilistic reasoning that the 'objective' reality exists as you see it opposed to the idea that it does not. Simply, do you really believe that other people aren't really there?

As a post-script, as it were, I have had a psychotic episode. Awful thing to experience.
>>
Not sure about all the symptoms you have Op, do schizotypal people often think they are better than other people? A lot of these symptoms also match up with Borderline Personality Disorder, sometimes know as Emotional Disregulation Disorder. Could be worth looking into.

Regarding the Schizotypal, I think it's a great thing. When I was diagnosed with it I just took it in stride as I'd always known I was a bit different (nobody gives a shit about spirituality or religion here in Australia yet I love it). On a basic level it means you see things differently to others. So while other people might be really into sports, cars and reality tv we get to be excited by all manner of abstract sort of topics. Schizotypal people are definitely very creative. I go to a folk festival every year and I'm pretty sure most people that go there are schizotypal, it's amazing all the art that they make.
>>
>>18938514

you must be very dense to believe we are all the same. yes we are all human, but we are all unique. sorry mommy and daddy werent there for you. must of been tough, but you're a big boy/girl now. go challenge yourself to new opportunities and pleasures in life. learn to love so that you can one day love yourself.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.