[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do plesiosaurs still exist plesiosaurs have been reported being

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

File: Moores-Beach-Monster-3.jpg (56KB, 625x450px) Image search: [Google]
Moores-Beach-Monster-3.jpg
56KB, 625x450px
Do plesiosaurs still exist

plesiosaurs have been reported being spotted in lakes all around the world (not just in Scotland), in places such as the US, Canada, Scandinavia, Japan, The Congo, Scotland, and Mexico
Just Google sea monsters in the world, and dozens of lakes worldwide will claim to host plesiosaur like creatures.
Is it really that far fetched that an ancient creature could adapt to the modern world and stay hidden.
Also just because the famous Loch Ness photo is a fake there are still some intriguing evidence of Plesiosaurs like pic related
>>
File: IMG_3702.jpg (101KB, 593x164px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3702.jpg
101KB, 593x164px
>>18937109
I like this image. It had a 20ft neck(!).
>>
>>18937109
>>18937118
They don't exist. A creature that large would be spotted and recorded today. Furthermore their size would cause them to drift onto shores when dead.

The picture is of a decomposed whale carcass.
>>
>>18937109
>there are still some intriguing evidence of Plesiosaurs like pic related

That picture if anything would be considered evidence against. It is directly identifiable as a Baird's beaked whale.
>>
>>18937129
Most likely. That's what all those globular things are. But this isn't decomposed nearly as much. That head doesn't look like it's from a whale.
>>
>>18937129
They have been spotted several times
Also this is a photo of one that did wash on shore
It should also be considered that a decomposed corpse of one could be looked as a whale or just ignored. If it exist the creature is incredibly rare so corpses wouldn't even wash onshore that often
>>
>>18937139
Basically. Looks like a match Anon. Most of it was eaten.
>>
>>18937146
>If it exist the creature is incredibly rare

That's where out become self serving. This is a made up assumption on your part and actually contradictory to the visibility of apex predator all across the world.

"People have spotted them" means absolutely, positively nothing. I just fucked an angel, what you don't believe me?
>>
File: IMG_3704.jpg (19KB, 570x180px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3704.jpg
19KB, 570x180px
>>18937118
Without being mostly eaten.
>>
>>18937155
*You become self serving. Fucking phone posting.

As I have hopefully taught other ignorant youngsters in the past few days op....You look at real explanations BEFORE paranormal. You didn't even Google this before posting.

Investigating things below the surface of the world requires THOUGHT.
>>
>>18937155
point taken, and for the record Im not some die hard plesiosaur believer, i just read some of the reports the other day and I find it interesting. What I am trying to point out is that it is bizarre that reports of a similar creature have popped up all around the world.
>>
>>18937139
>>18937148
>>18937160

>bottlenose whales live in pacific ocean
>photo is from the shore of NJ
>>
File: IMG_3597.gif (1018KB, 388x160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3597.gif
1018KB, 388x160px
Was a bit abrasive, Anon. Pursuit of knowledge, isn't a take no prisoners venture.
>>
>>18937165
>What I am trying to point out is that it is bizarre that reports of a similar creature have popped up all around the world.

Did you know that the word for mother starts with M in a huge number of languages like close to half

We have patterns in our brain due to physical structure and many things across the world are invented or reported a hundred times over. A long necked predator is scary because it evokes snakes. It makes a good Boogeyman. Because it's in the water, it's also an amazing story you can tell and not be asked to show the creatures tracks.
>>
File: IMG_3506.gif (1MB, 348x261px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3506.gif
1MB, 348x261px
>>18937177
>>
>>18937179
I automatically assume the worst about everyone and I hate people asking or talking about paranormal shit without researching the normal shit first.

Interacting badly with people is why I'm here. Sorry.
>>
>>18937177
We know the true ranges of very few whales, in fact maybe none. Trackers have shown us that many large whales migrate thousands of miles to breed. Also, it's common for sea creatures with brain or sensory disorders to end up in bizarre locations. For example, that whale could have had a brain tumor an desperately navigated the globe backwards. It is dead, after all, and things usually die for reasons.
>>
>>18937177
Beaked whales are pretty big and generally pretty poorly studied because they stick to the open ocean and are deep diving predators so it's likely there's a handful of species not even described yet.
>>
>>18937222
So in other words you are saying its possible for a large sea creature to exist for years without being discovered
>>
>>18937229
In the ocean, yes. In lake huron, superior, loch ness, champlain, etc-- no.

They would wash up after a storm. This is simply how it is. reality proves it. Everything else the same size washes up on the shore.
>>
>>18937229
Well gorsh darnit I walked into that one. Nessie would have to be a very lethargic deep diving creature then.
>>
There is one that live 10 minutes from me named "champ". There was a video footage which is credible, but does not show very much at all. The confirmation is only that it isn't edited.
>>
They do exist in our reality...but not in the way you would expect them to. People witness them due to loops in time. The same loops witnessed with thunder birds (pterodactyls) even bigfoot. (An ancient hominid) we call these things cryptids..but the truth is they are all ghosts...because even ghosts that we are witness too are not people who have died...they are people who are still alive while you are seeing them co-exist in your reality, within your timeline.
>>
>>18937109
That picture is almost certainly a whale but I like it very much.
>>
File: riding lassie.jpg (37KB, 620x400px) Image search: [Google]
riding lassie.jpg
37KB, 620x400px
>>18937109
They sure do! They hang with their BFF bigfoot all the time.
>>
>>18937648
>loch ness is a ghost

I love this board
>>
Paleontologist anon here.

It's unlikely. If their lineage survived into the modern era, we would likely find many fossils that date relatively recently, instead of the sharp cutoff for marine reptiles that we see in conjunction with the Cretaceous extinction event. As far as lakes go, many lakes are fairly new from a geological perspective. Loch Ness in particular formed long after plesiosaurs were known to exist, making it impossible that a population of the animals became isolated from the rest of the world by becoming trapped in the lake.
>>
>>18938021
The last programme on Nessie in the UK shot it down on mathematics. They reckoned a viable population in the Loch would have you tripping over the bloody things on a regular basis.
>>
>>18938021
did the same sharp cutoff exist with the coelacanth?
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.