[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Religion thread I guess? I've been thinking a lot more

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1492733386983.jpg (447KB, 950x950px) Image search: [Google]
1492733386983.jpg
447KB, 950x950px
Religion thread I guess?

I've been thinking a lot more lately than normal about religion and spirituality and all that.

Is there a religion or philosophy or anything out there that says that, in short: God died, which spawned the universe and all matter was God, all life is part of God's force? It's a thought I had a while back and have been thinking more and more about it lately.

Any thoughts or suggestions for where to look would be great.
>>
>>18932735
Not that specifically but sounding pretty close to hindu. In one of their creation tales two gods (brahmin and shiva i think? Lets go with that..) are playing a game. Shiva challenges him to "create something beautiful" and brahmin creates the universe and the earth.

And shiva says "create something to appreciate it" and brahmin creates humanity. And shiva says "and now the game begins. I will shatter you and place a piece of you within all human kind and i will make you forget who you are. You must remember and bring yourself back together."

Hence namaste and stuff like that.

Heavily paraphrased story.
>>
>>18932735

Look man, if that's what you honestly believe then why the fuck are you asking for confirmation? The thing I don't get about religion is everyone's pathetic need to be validated by other dumdums in their precious little spiritual journeys. Seek something on your own and keep it to your fucking self. Use it to enrich and validate your own life if need be, but don't subject the rest of us to it.

Religion is a fucking poison. Philosophy is not much better. Just take some time to research and learn something on your own, make your own decisions about things that are important to you. If the hole inside you can be filled with organized religion or nonsense pre-packaged spirituality then you are truly a shell of a person.

We live in an age where the whole of human knowledge is nearly a click away. Some of it may still involve a trip to a bookstore or library. Or talking with a real fucking person in real life. But I can assure you your first step to fulfillment does not involve asking a bunch of subhumans on 4chan.

Motivate your damn self OP. Live your own fucking life. Stop being fed shit from other imbeciles and find your own truth/meaning/whateverthefuck. I have to believe that if such important knowledge actual exists it ONLY exists through the search, not in some easily digestible package you can be given, taught or (most surely) sold.
>>
Why should god die if he can create everything
>>
Not sure about the god died bit, but deism, buddhism, hinduism, gnosticism and hermetism have similar themes.
Hermetism is probably the closest match to what you're describing, though.
>>
>>18932763
Not what I believe, just an idea I had. I'm interested in similar ideologies or philosophies. I think its an interesting concept.
>>
>>18932756
I didn't realize that was the Brahmin/Shiva story. I'll look more into that, thanks.

>>18932781
Haven't heard of hermitian, I'll check that out.
>>
>>18932811
>I didn't realize that was the Brahmin/Shiva story.
It absolutely is not.
>>
>>18932811
Again i dont actually know if it was brahma shiva. But i like that one anyway.
>>
Purusha (Sanskrit puruṣa, पुरुष") is a complex concept whose meaning evolved in Vedic and Upanishadic times. Depending on source and historical timeline, it means the cosmic man or it means Self, Consciousness, and Universal principle. In early Vedas, Purusa meant a cosmic man whose sacrifice by the gods created all life. This was one of many creation theories discussed in the Vedas. The idea parallels Norse Ymir, with the myth's origin in Proto-Indo-European religion.
>>
>>18932735
Theism is a mistake
>look to yourself my friend, all the answers you ever need are in your own mind
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.