[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how do i stop being depressed /x/? >healthy >attractive

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 5

how do i stop being depressed /x/?

>healthy
>attractive
>have gf
>employed
>not stressed for money
>been depressed on and off again most of my adult life
>some days i just want to throw myself into traffic
>had therapy for years, have a shrink, &c

wat do?
>>
>>18931778
you need to find what makes you happy. And say, fuck it.
>>
The material won't fulfill you. Welcome to spirituality 101.
>>
>>18931792
i realize this though, and i'm not materialistic. not really, anyway. i don't think my sorrow is a result of materialistic attachment.
>>
>>18931778
diet, exercise
>>
>>18931804
check
>>
>>18931797
You must identify with your body or your intellect at some level. Depression won't last a minute if you don't feed it with your thoughts. Don't try to think your way out of it though, just stop thinking. Meditate.
>>
>>18931778
What makes you unhappy?

Do you get any sunlight? Live in the north? Try supplementing vitamin D or taking depression meds if you're not on them already.
>>
File: 1490667378224.jpg (295KB, 1280x1493px) Image search: [Google]
1490667378224.jpg
295KB, 1280x1493px
>>18931778
>how do i stop being depressed
this ride never ends
>>
>>18931778
Are you me?
>>
>>18931810
i'm in barcelona on vacation and i just want to stay in browse the internet all day long. when i'm down everything makes me feel sad.

>taking wellbutrin
>used to also take lithium
>sometimes supplement with vitamin D although it's been a while since i last supplemented.
>def dont get as much sunlight as i should
>>
halp plz
>>
>>18931778
maybe take kids?
>>
>>18931778
What makes you happy? Like what happens to kinda take you out of the depression?
>>
>>18931852
sleep, or making a significant other upset enough to snap me out of it
>>
>>18931858
Sleep then
>>
>>18931858
So, you enjoy arguing?
>>
>>18931858
Or angry sex
>>
>>18931873
i do but i'm not sure that that's relevant
>>
>>18931778
You need perspective. Who here can tell you why your depressed? Nobody. That's on you Anon. Unless you want more questions. Can't see how that's going to help. Some of us have had all of these things, and more. And watched people just like us an hero. Depression doesn't discriminate.
>>
>>18931778
Do sports and cut the internet usage. Simple and efficient.
>>
>>18931907
Maybe it's simply chemical. There is no prerequisite for happiness in this modern existence. Not money, sex or people. Crazy as it sounds.
>>
>>18931778
With all that you are depressed? Fuck you!

I don't have anything! No friends, no gf, no money, no drive to do something useful with myself.
I sometimes hear static and to see indefinite shapes instead of reality.
I've had millions of thoughts of suicide, but I'm such a coward to actually do it, which depress me more.
I even think to suicide by inanition, just because I'm such a coward to do it another way.

You instead... you are an hypocrite
>>
>>18931925
ill be your friend mr anynomouse
>>
>>18931778
Have you ever seen the monty python skit with the depressed cat?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2Je1CEPkUM

This is basically what I think depressed people need most. Just confirmation that "No, you obviously haven't figured it out, there's still tons of weird shit to find out or delve into or create"
>>
File: edge.png (630KB, 946x537px) Image search: [Google]
edge.png
630KB, 946x537px
>>18931925
>>
What you need to do is fuck so many bitches that your mind only focuses on the next woman you're gonna fuck. That way there's no more sad thoughts
>>
>>18931850
>take a kid 3 times daily
>>
>>18931881
>knock her out with your donger
>>
I'm willing to bet you're on some sort of medication, OP. Stop taking it, get rid of your shrink, and get on with life the way people are supposed to. Your depression isn't your life, it's because of what people told you life would be.

Only you can make your life happen. Stop holding it back with medication and other people's bullshit.
>>
>>18931778
https://www.amazon.com/Mindful-Way-Workbook-Depression-Emotional/dp/1462508146

Buy this book and follow the program. It has no spiritual bullshit, in fact it's the most concrete shit possible.
>>
>>18931925
Go for a walk today, somewhere quiet. If you live in an urban area wait until midnight and go. You will feel a lot better!
>>
File: nBqYYHe.jpg (112KB, 720x551px) Image search: [Google]
nBqYYHe.jpg
112KB, 720x551px
>>18931778
psilocybe cubensis
5g in complete darkness
repeat until healed
>>
>>18931925
>With all that you are depressed?
Thats just not how depression works my man. Thats also not what hypocrisy means.
>>
>>18931778
meditation
>>
>>18932170
i actually was thinking of doing something similar to this.

there's a lot of evidence that drugs like lsd, psilocybin, etc. help with depression. was thinking of beginning a microdosing regimen. then eventually increase the dosages to the point where i feel comfortable taking a really low grade trip and see where things go from there.
>>
>>18932189
maybe if nothing else this will lock the higher level circuits in my brain that RAW / Leary write about ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
>>18931778
adventures with gf
>>
i feel good today :)
fuck being bipolar
>>
>>18932170
This it's true
>>
>>18931778
Find yourself.
>>
>>18931778
>how do i stop being depressed /x/?
>>healthy
>>attractive
>>have gf
>>employed
>>not stressed for money
>>been depressed on and off again most of my adult life
>>some days i just want to throw myself into traffic
>>had therapy for years, have a shrink, &c
>wat do?

Bullets to the frontal lobe end depression in 90% of cases. Metal spikes work, too. Outside of a brutal lobotimization mid-to-high-dosage amphetamines (about double to quadruple for a similar weight individual would use for ADD/ADHD), prayer, and changing routine have all shown varying levels of success (with much lower chance of death).

Just remember (before potentially damaging yourself) that there is no good without bad, no joy without sorrow, no mania without depression. Stress is the driving force of human accomplishment.
>>
>>18931778
try sports

not even trying to meme, go do some running a few days a week, will make you feel a lot better
>>
>>18931925
Yeah right because your probably one of those people that think having a gf will solve all their problems while in reality, it just creates even more shit to deal with
>>
>>18934894
Larp elsewhere please.
>>
>>18934910
No, I cannot understand relationships.
>>18932159
I already do that, stopped working last December.
>>
Sadness is caused by broken desires.
Sometimes these are subconscious.
You may want something you can't have.
You may have lost something you still care about.
You may not have gotten something you wanted.
You may wish for something to be a way that it is not.
>>
>>18934939
First You: Yes.
2nd: Yes.
3rd: No.
4th: Yes.

Now... how to escape sadness?
>>
>>18934941
Accept reality the way it is.
Learn to be passive and pleased with what you do have.
Give up your yearnings and unnecessary attachments.
As long as it doesn't ruin your ambitions, this should be healthy.
>>
>>18934943
My ambition nowadays is just being able to see another day(that can change in the future) so... It's healthy.
Thanks for the advice mate.
>>
>>18931778
Discover the nature of your true self.
>>
>>18931778
Been asking myself the same thing. Have you tried a dog? Dogs are the shit.
>>
>>18931778
>wasting money on therapy
>not just dealing with life's bullshit
anon, dont know if you smoke green, but it helps me.
>inb4 le dood weed xD
i swear, retarded people give it this horrible stigma, but it does help to relax.
>>
>>18931778
Resilience my man. It's like a muscle.

Also, get off 4chan.
>>
>>18935129
OP here. Weed gives me bad anxiety so i always chase it with a preemptive Xanax.
>>
>>18931778

Jordan Peterson says that if your life is fine and you're still depressed, go get prescribed anti-depressants.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.