[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How is believing in the Christian God different from asking of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 8

File: Jesus-Christ.jpg (152KB, 615x960px) Image search: [Google]
Jesus-Christ.jpg
152KB, 615x960px
How is believing in the Christian God different from asking of another God?

How do you know you're really praying to the God you think you're praying to and not an imposter?

And regardless if one were to believe that Jesus were the son of God, could one apply his teachings into esoteric practices? Is there a chance that much of what is said in the bible has a real meaning different from how it is commonly interpreted?
>>
The Gospel, removed from the jewish scriptures, can be taken to be a mystical text.

"The Father is greater than I."
"I and the Father are one."
"Before Abraham was, I AM!"
"Is it not written, You are Gods?"

"I am not of this world, I am from above!"
"To enter the kingdom of heaven you must be born from above!"
"You must be born of water and Spirit."
"Ask and you shall receive. Continue asking until you receive. The Father loves to give his Spirit to those who ask!"
>>
>>18930604

You see, Christ was an ordinary man who achieved permanent divine realization.

The current purpose of mankind is to become a Christ.

"For I have not spoken on my own authority. Instead, the Father who sent me has himself given me a commandment about what to say and how to speak."

"However when He, the Spirit of Truth, is come, He will guide you into all truth; for He shall not speak from Himself, but whatsoever He shall hear, that shall He speak; and He will show you things to come."

"Unless I go away, the Advocate will not come to you; but if I go, I will send Him to you.

The purpose of the second Christ, is to judge mankind.

"And when He comes, He will convict the world in regard to sin and righteousness and judgment:
>>
>>18930636
>Reach Christ consciousness in 2017
>Be ostracized for being different, caring, and genuine
>People attack you because this is the land of satan

I can bear my own cross, but some things are ridiculous. Surely God didn't want it to be like this.
>>
Jesus was a deceiver and so is his father the demiurge.

>>18930648
>I reached something very special

You reached the bottle of wine.
>>
>>18930648
Nah man, the second coming of Christ consciousness is the end.

You'd send the devil straight to a fiery inferno to fullfill the law of justice.
>>
File: david-tennant-in-the-rain.gif (448KB, 500x275px) Image search: [Google]
david-tennant-in-the-rain.gif
448KB, 500x275px
>>18930657
Christendom is deadly wounded. The internet poisoned it more then it could handle. It will die. Only the naive fucks and digital illiterate still truly believe. Give it 25 years and it will be nothing more then a hoax from the past.
Flat Earth society helps a big deal. Christfaggs go wild on it, and when that is finally over, they look like such idiots, they can never recover from it and most importantly, they then finally know that they should be ashamed for being so ignorant and blind
>>
>>18931022
I don't believe in the Old Testament.
Just the direct message from the Gospels.
>>
>>18930596
The Christian faith holds as truth that there is only one God. Anyone who has to stop and consider which God to pray to is by definition not a Christian.
This isn't a "no true Scotsman" thing, mind you, but an inherent contradiction in terms.
>>
>>18930604
If you are drinking hard liquor and someone asks for a sip and you give them some does that make you God?
>>
>>18931022

The majority of Christians who believe in a flat earth are on here, and there are actually very few. It'd do you well to get outside and talk to some real people. √
>>
>>18931108
So you choose to support a story that makes people weak and blind to manipulation?
Then you must be a freemason or republican. Or roman catholic.
Believe all you want. Virtual unlimited information and curiosity, which are the core of the Internet will bring the new generation to the realisation they don't want and need Christianity nor Islam. And that generation will rule eventually.
>>
I am enlightened and I want to share my divine knowledge with everyone but you never hear.
>>
>>18931219
i'm listening, stranger. lay it on me.
>>
>>18931163
You'd be surprised how big the support and need is for FE inside the retarded Christian community. Don't forget they loose there earthly leader ever few years. One day they all talk about this guy or that woman and 9 months later that guy or woman turned out to be .. muh... false teacher. But now they got Flat Earth. And it must be real because it is ALL OVER THE INTERNET. Remember also, to them the internet has been the Antichrist for years, but that turned out not to be correct because God gave the internet so people could be told about ..muh..hur.. conspiracy by the muh gouvernment.
And now it turns out NASA is telling lies about the earth being a globe?
>..muh.. Mandela Effect
Because the bible does not say that.
Hail Rob Skiba.
Thank you Yeshua,
Glory be thy name
Forgive Hitler, (only if he was not a jew),
Amen
Oh and God, you are awesome man.
Praise Jesus Fucking Mary.

Nope, I know a lot of people, a lot of Christfaggs too. They are mentally ill. Pretty sad actually.
>>
>>18931224
We are dense people. We need to see that every living thing have a conciousness as complex as we do. I cried because of the United Airlines news because if you were that person would you rather be recorded or be helped?
I ask you this and I am not a hypocrite. I would try words first, than they would have to beat me and drag me out with him.
>>
We need more empathy, my fellow humans. The end is nigh if we don't realize this.
>>
File: images (6).jpg (15KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images (6).jpg
15KB, 225x225px
>>18931253
>>
>>18931248
i would rather not be dragged off of the plane in the first place!!
as for whether i would rather be recorded or helped... are they really mutually exclusive?
didn't the people who recorded him help him prove that the incident occurred?
>>
>>18931258
SAVED.
OH MY FUCK SO MANY PEOPLE NEED TO SEE THIS IMAGE.
Thank you anon!!!!!
>>
>>18931258
I am not preaching religion, I am preaching empathy, human. We need to see that the label in the bottle doesn't difine it's content. We are all the same, if you do something to your equal you do it to yourself.
>>
>>18931263
That's why I would try words first, to keep us both inside the plane. Put yourself in his place and than ask what would you like. Imagine the shame and the feeling that there's nothing you can do.
>>
File: a7K9gw2_700b.jpg (69KB, 568x500px) Image search: [Google]
a7K9gw2_700b.jpg
69KB, 568x500px
>>18931264
I also like this one. Man, I can fill a complete thread.
>>
>>18931253

we've been raised in a society that prioritizes greed and selfishness, exploiting the weak. These concepts are in direct violations of all religions but "hurf it's just how the world works"

Whether God is this or that is a pointless argument because they are in our hearts, but so is the devil and everyone has become too meek to fight for real progress. Our planet is becoming hell and soon we won't be able to stop the evil from extinguishing good

WAKE UP FUCKERS, NO-ONE WILL BE ABLE TO SAVE OUR CHILDREN, NEPHEWS AND NIECES IF WE ALLOW (((THEM))) TO CONTINUE
>>
>>18931271
I feel you.
>>
>>18930596
Chrisitianity is fake.

No Christianity is preschool tier.
>>
>>18931269
how do you know the people who recorded him didn't try words first? we only saw what they recorded after they started recording!
also, when are you gonna start dropping that divine knowledge on me?
>>
>>18930636
I've often joked that Jesus was a Buddha but honestly he was. It's the same thing.

Spiritual enlightenment is our only path to true peace. A God that's beyond comprehension does not require our praise, our submission, our penance. All that matters is that we die and ascend, clear of conscience and open of mind, so that God will know that we lived to be good for the sake of good and that we treated each other and our world kindly
>>
>>18931278
I am already. You are just smashing it in the mud.
>>
>>18931271
God is Evil because the willingness to serve God creates weakness. If you don't know how to teach your kids empathy, ..
>this image..
>>
>>18931283
i'm sorry! i guess i don't really understand what you mean by divine knowledge.
what is divine knowledge, anyway? how is it different from... regular knowledge?
>>
>>18931296
Imagine something that you can't put to words. Hard right? Maybe impossible. This is divine knowledge and I understand that you are not getting it. It's hard to say it and almost impossible to make it understandable.
>>
>>18931296
I am struggling for months now. I talk and nobody hears it.
>>
>>18931265
It should define it's content.
And if most bottles with the label 'True Religion ' taste like dirt, peeps gonna hate the label. That's the way the cookie crumbles. So you should rename your brand, or kill others that crippled your label or launch a different brand and expect to be in debt the first 10 years.
>>
>>18931304
how can you tell me that i'm "not getting it" if you yourself can't exactly articulate what "it" is? maybe we're seeing the exact same thing and just expressing it differently. maybe i have divine knowledge too!
>>
>>18931304
I'm sorry my friend, you have a long way to go on the path to enlightenment.
You hold but a piece of the puzzle.
I don't claim to be enlightened either, but I am long on the path.

My dad always said;
"If you can't explain something simply, you don't truly understand it yourself."

To everyone else, our friendly anon is trying to tell us this;
>soul exists
>every particle of existence contains high level complex conciousness
>treat others as you would wish to be treated.
>>
>>18931322
As I said I am not preaching religion. The label is what you look like, the bottle is the body and the content is You. That's why we are all equal. We should always see others like we see ourselves.
>>
>>18931326
Also it's very frustrating feeling like you have so much to give, but others don't even have hands to receive it.

A word of warning, Don't throw pearls before swine...
>>
>>18931329
We are not all equal. This is a myth
>>
>>18931326
If you say that "maybe you have" you don't
>>
>>18931337
If you insist you do but cannot prove it, you don't.
>>
>>18931334
>Don't throw pearls before swine...
who are you quoting?
;)
>>
>>18930596
for the last time, it's all lies
>grow up
>>
>>18931327
There is no simply way to explain what I know. It is so deep in our reality that when I found it I thought I would be consumed.
>>
>>18931339
Hermes Trismegistus is believed to have come up with this, but in reality, no one is sure if he even existed. The saying is truly ancient...
>>
>>18931346
I know exactly what you're talking about, it takes a long time to fully integrate what you have learned... What I'm trying to tell you is this.

How can you tell you know something, if you don't know what it is you know.

This is a real question intended as food for thought, not rhetoric.
>>
>>18931341
OH! I just remembered lol, Jesus is also thought to have said this, but the saying existed long before his time :3
>>
>>18931354
>no one knows if he even existed

Don't use names you don't understand.
And start reading antiquity. It's great.
The story about Hermes is strong. The beauty is, it doesn't matter who they were or if he existed (Protip: he didn't ), nor do you have to believe or follow him. The story opens your eyes, that it's purpose.
Philosophy is no religion, just a vitamin. You don't have to like the taste, it's just healthy to take. And then MOVE ON, to discover newer or older vitamins.
>>
>>18930596
Congrats, you have discovered why the founding concept of religion is FAITH

it isn't about knowing, it's believing
>>
>>18931371

>Implying

Shut up m8 you don't know me, don't bother writing a paragraph just because I offended your philosophy major.

Also jimmies aside, it's been a couple years since I read all the hermetic stuff again, forgot a lot about good ole herm doge.(namely that)
>>
>>18931371
Thrice great
>>
>>18930596
All about faith
>>
>>18931364
pretty interesting, huh?
you were just kinda fumbling around looking for ways to express the divine knowledge you have, and the words of Jesus Christ came out of your mouth.
even though you aren't a Christian (?) and you weren't trying to quote Him on purpose (???).
>>
File: Craziest-fan.jpg (70KB, 450x547px) Image search: [Google]
Craziest-fan.jpg
70KB, 450x547px
>>18931372
>>
>>18931381
Philosophy major?

Pfff..... you do know there are people who get in contact with knowledge outside of the educational system right?

Try audiobook (philosophy) on youtube. Really, also one of the reasons Christianity is dying. Peeps realize there are more stories about life and more fun to belieber in.
>>
>>18930596
Short of said deity coming down and saying "Hey there, I'm the guy you've been praying to and here's the proof.", you can't. There's a good chance you're mumbling to empty air to begin with, anyway.
>>
>>18931153
It is very much a "No True Scotsman" thing. You are literally saying "No true Christian would ever doubt he's praying to the right god."
>>
>>18931271
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLPvmwfklp8
>>
>>18930596
If you're praying, and if someone is hearing it, then it's the real God full stop. Names and religions take the backseat to the universality of divine access.
>>
>>18930648
it'll make some of your unenlightened friends hate you, too. only the ones who have even begun to taste it will still be cool, but they deny what it is, but i know
>>
>>18931153
>This isn't a "no true Scotsman" thing
>Goes on to make a textbook "no true Scotsman" argument
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.