[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /x/, how do you view death? I use to view it as an eternal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: ucm277153.jpg (77KB, 350x430px) Image search: [Google]
ucm277153.jpg
77KB, 350x430px
Hey /x/, how do you view death? I use to view it as an eternal black void where you will spend eternity. Over time I realized that death is a lot more complex than that and became to question the existence of consciousness, I began to question how I am conscious and what that has in common with death. When someone asks "what happens after death?" the usual logical reply is "Well what did it feel like before you were alive?!"

However, that is irrelevant because yes before I was born I didn't exist, I am now in existence, so when I die will I go out of existence? Will my consciousness cease to exist?

Have you ever wondered to yourself about why the universe would create consciousness so humans could suffer from the thought of eternal death and living in a black void? The thought of going to sleep and never waking up is the most null feeling a human being can experience. So why did the universe create consciousness? WHY?

Anyways, in my opinion, death is not a null void of darkness that will exist until the end of time. Death is neutral, you don't feel anything. Funny how when you accept death, you understand that your life precious and limited giving you the chance to enjoy it while you can because it's short. But when you don't accept death you view life as meaningless and empty.
>>
What makes you think the universe created consciousness and that it wasn't simply a byproduct of evolution that helped primitive communities thrive versus an animal that relied more on "animalistic instinct"
>>
>>18930057
The universe didn't create anything, what the fuck are you talking about
>>
>>18930057
>However, that is irrelevant because yes before I was born I didn't exist
no? are your sure about that?
i'll let you in on a secret, information can't be destroyed, only 'lost', at birth you body is already endowed with all the information regarding your growth, development and evolution, not only that, but what you will become psychologically, it is true that events in your life shape this very heavily, but, you always from the beginning had a psyche, a state of mind that was your own.
life and death are but yin to yang, opposing forces, positive and negative cycles giving you a waveform
reincarnation does exist on some level, and within your consciousness is a connection to every cycle your particular string of information has passed through
>>
>>18930057
It is a complete lack of connection and an irreparable decay.
>>
>>18930079
>What makes you think the universe created consciousness and that it wasn't simply a byproduct of evolution that helped primitive communities thrive
lolwot
seriously do you even know what consciousness is? or more so how humans define it. fucking single celled organisms are conscious, its kind of a prerequisite for life
>>
>>18930106
>fucking single celled organisms are conscious, its kind of a prerequisite for life
So you're retarded, don't speak out of your ass to try and sound like you know shit.
>>
>>18930106
>fucking single celled organisms are conscious, its kind of a prerequisite for life

Wrong on both counts thanks for trying though
>>
Reincarnation
>>
>>18930106
Consciousness : the quality or state of being aware especially of something within oneself
I don't know what the fuck you think it is but you definitely don't know what it is. If it's a prerequisite for life we'd be looking for planets with abundant "consciousness" as a sign of it being able to sustain life.
I'll correct you and assume you meant it's a quality that living beings must possess, if so, then are people that are in vegetative states alive in your eyes? Their vitals definitely tell us their bodies are alive but all brain activity has ceased, so then are they not alive?
>>
NOTHINGNESS
>>
non-existence
Consciousness is an emergent property of the systems that make up our brains. When you break down the brain, the consciousness goes away and we return to the earth like nothing ever happened.
>>
>>18930057
I have two ideas.
1. You just dont exist, feel, anything etc.
No consciousness, no nothing.
It's like trying to truly comprehend nothing, which we can never fully understand.
That or.
2. We shift existence, to another physical object in our world. Doesn't matter what it is, as it is all atoms that are changing over time. You may never even be aware, of thought into some forms, or of your own existence. You just continue to follow the natural flow and change of the universe on a molecular level, cause essentially thats what we are, a geometrical astral physical body of atoms projecting consciousness, a complex of pulsating emptiness.
>>
>>18930140
>>18930127
Consciousness is the state or quality of awareness, or, of being aware of an external object or something within oneself.

by current definition, the fact it can function independent of the pull of external forces(can alter its own momentum independent of those acting upon it) is consciousness

>I'll correct you and assume you meant it's a quality that living beings must possess.
that is what i meant

> then are people that are in vegetative states alive in your eyes?
well alive yes, conscious no. but things like that are a whole subject of their own
>>
i feel like i either don't die, or there is life after death that will go on forever because I am conscious and i am able to recall memories. Now this will obviously go for you as well but the thing is, if I were to die at some point and have my memories erased, would i be able to remember them in the first place?
>>
>>18930196
Thinking you are independent of the entire universe is an illusion- for the fact that you can experience other people's memories as if they were your own, say, in a dream or through the telling of a story- the sharing of an experience.

Memories are not yours per se, but a fraction of the all from which you perceive from your two eye holes.
>>
f u c c

at least I can believe in project TSUKI
>>
>>18930057
>before I was born I didn't exist
And when you die you don't exist. Non-existence doesn't work on a time-scale because time is a human perspective of the universe.

Personally I believe in reincarnation and that what you call 'you' and I call 'I' is all of it, the universe, experiencing itself at different points.
>>
Getting caught up in the illusion that is death proves tantamount our ability to warp a reality outside of this one. Which is already more of an illusion as it is.

To elaborate, keep your eyes open about you. The facade of this reality is quickly becoming more illusive by the moment, and as it begins to crumble apart (those who wield the goblet are now being exposed exponentially as proclaimed what would happen), we now begin to see the effort such depraved beings would ever show in holding onto this illusion for as long as possible.

To say that death is inevitable comes from little insight on the grand scheme of all life. Sure, you will cease to fully function as a physical density in this dimension, but that comes close to understanding that one does not depart to simply go to nothingness.

Consciousness is always evolving. Some are content with what comes after. Some are uncertain what lies ahead. Some simply want nothing more than the return to "nothingness", or the womb of the universe. These all come from how we go about generating what lies before us, observing how our consciousness pans out in its evolutional state, and destroying that existence we shared amongst those doing the same (or so we might be led to believe, for, yes, some desire nothing more than to stay here in the mess that they have generated for others). But it is not total destruction. It is part of the alchemical process, by which we destroy the attachment of the flesh so that we may rise above in ascendance.
>>
>>18930057
death is like pooping but nothing comes out. it's awful dude.

t. im dead
>>
File: IMG_9438.jpg (39KB, 300x194px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9438.jpg
39KB, 300x194px
Life is what happens when you see the Bear.
>>
>>18931294
Death is like an airport terminal. With no planes and no explanation. You will get lost/stuck if you can't accept it.
>>
File: 11.thumb.jpg (7KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
11.thumb.jpg
7KB, 225x225px
>>18930057
I always assumed being dead will be very similar to what it was like before I was born.
>>
File: 1472880798969.png (224KB, 447x489px) Image search: [Google]
1472880798969.png
224KB, 447x489px
Remember that the universe exists only within your mind.
Objective reality and external universe are meaningless terms. Consciousness comes first and before consciousness I think there probably was not conscious infinity.

There might exist a something beyond the greatest infinity but then again that something may just be a greater infinity. I think that an easy way to understand it is a endless infinite series of nested universes each containing complex infinitiy's local to itself, the larger infinite universe we are within is incomprehensible and there are an infinite number of infinite universes "above" it on this metaphorical chain. Also within our universe there could be an infinite number of smaller infinite universes contained within each part (think of your unbounded imagination during dreams, possibly infinite in nature given an eternal dream). There is also an exceptionally large infinity that doesn't and won't exist because it contains the information necessary for impossible universes. At the end (doesn't exist probably) you would find God, already hard at work continuing the chain but in reality he's already finished his work a few eternity's ago. Maybe God didn't create this but he is merely trying to understand his origin, looking through the maze of infinitely nested universes.

Too bad English isn't very clear at explain such abstract ideas, hopefully some of you understood my mad rambling about infinity.
>>
>>18930057
I don't believe in death.
>>
>>18930057
I sense it will be liberation for me.
>>
>>18930057
Why would there be any meaning to the aparition of consciousness ?
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.