[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been having an existential crisis for the past 10

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 146
Thread images: 19

File: 1492764846863.jpg (55KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1492764846863.jpg
55KB, 500x375px
I've been having an existential crisis for the past 10 years. Show me there is a god somewhere. I want one to exist. But I've only seen evil, no good. I've read multiple books on multiple gods. I have even gone so far as to learn new languages just to read thing in their original texts. Can I even know? Or am I doomed to live as a miserable skeptic?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=900ScDcIHvE
>>
File: $_1.jpg (27KB, 283x400px) Image search: [Google]
$_1.jpg
27KB, 283x400px
>>18925882
I want to believe.
>>
>>18925882

Start with 0 and let it equal everything. This set is both finite and consistent, therefore by Godelian incompleteness it's impossible. Therefore 0 = 2, which is to say, God begins as contradiction. Then we have three, which is to say, God, and duality. But 2 = 3 => Vx Rx. Therefore we have three parts, the contradictory, the infinite, and the self-referential, all extant in one totality, which is God. And this is why God is unknowably vast, why his true name can't be discerned, why he is so many things to so many different people, why there is fear of him, and indeed whatever other concerns you have should be readily explained from this. God is first of all love, because love is a principle of motion that God is the greatest embodiment of. Nothing else can be God but God because nothing else can hold all three elements at the same time. The story of creation is the story of God resolving everything to serve himself, who is love. Because it involves resolution, and along the lines described, it's kind of messy from the perspective of a mere creature, but the whole thing is in truth mathematically perfect at the highest level.

I'm not even sure if I should be telling you all this, but I want to help.
>>
>>18925882
>>18925882
Have you studied the Vedic religion/Hinduism and read the Bhagavad Gita?

Look into Krishna and chant rounds of the Hare Krishna mantra. It's essentially chanting the names of god to purify ones conciousness. By chanting such and observing that repeated chanting of gods name does indeed yield positive results, one can logically come to the conclusion that god does exist.

Otherwise if you want to think of it in western philosophical terms, the idea of an unmoved mover should suffice. The fact that the world IS instead of IS NOT is proof in and of itself for the divine, it came from some origin point aka god.

As far as evil within the world it can be explained in two ways. Relatively, the law of karma holds and god is just and does not play favorites, therefore what we put into this world we eventually receive back. On the absolute level, all that can be said to exist is god, and thus is all good. Anything that is evil is rooted in ignorance, and cannot exist on the absolute level of reality:
>>
File: 1470277315734.jpg (42KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1470277315734.jpg
42KB, 600x600px
>>18925926
I ain't no fancy mathin' boy. I don't care if he's unknowably vast. I don't care if I can't understand him. I just want something. I've been trying to provoke him for a while. I just wish a nigga would. I don't fear god. I don't even know god to have respect. And if god IS love, I've never had the pleasure of meeting that love. Anything nom-math related you can give me?
>>
File: 1446012213211.png (288KB, 623x527px) Image search: [Google]
1446012213211.png
288KB, 623x527px
>>18925926
I can't tell if you are legitimately schizophrenic or just really, really high
>>
File: 1462619844721.jpg (111KB, 599x407px) Image search: [Google]
1462619844721.jpg
111KB, 599x407px
>>18925947
Yeah, I've tried the whole meditation thing. Using hindu stuff and shit I picked up from Rosecrucian texts. Haven't had anything. And in my experience, karma doesn't exist. I help anyone I can. I will give the skin off my back if a nigga needs it. And ask nothing in return. But I get misery and homelessness in return. MAYBE I'll eventually get my good deeds back. I don't care if I do, because it's a personal choice. I don't believe in karma, just decency. But I very rarely have had my decency returned in kind. Makes it hard to believe in a fair god, you know?
>>
>>18925954

Try contacting a benevolent entity instead. An angel, Christ, one of the good pagan Gods. Whatever is intelligible to you in the sovereign language of your own heart. If you don't understand the language you speak to God, how are you supposed to understand when God responds?
>>
File: images (2).jpg (8KB, 241x228px) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
8KB, 241x228px
>>18925971
We have past life karma that pretty much controls major thing in life, shits kinda unfair but you gotta work for the next life, as for what we have I'm sure some deity can help you out, possibly hanuman since he rules over Saturn, the planet of karma.
>>
>>18925975
Well that's pretty fucking clear. I've tried talking to a few dozen different "gods." What language should I be speaking?
>>
>>18925882
you are god, anon
>>
>>18925998

I can't tell you your own heart. These things take time. Don't be surprised if you go a very long time with no reaction and one day a great deal happens at once.
>>
>>18925998
The language of God.
>>
>>18925997
Then that is truly an unjust system that I'm glad to deny. I'd much rather reincarnate as a preta than submit to the cunt(s) that allows this. Not that I'm a holy or righteous man, but I am decent and fair for the most part. Maybe if I had some proof I'd be inclined to talk to Harvey Birdman, Karma Attorney.

>>18925999
Then I'm a real shit god if I don't even believe in me.
>>
>>18925882

Just be, man.
J
u
s
t
Be
>>
>>18926004
Ah yes, the sanctimonious "go fuck yourself." Gotcha. Just deal with it until I get an answer. Been doing that for over 10 years bud.

>>18926007
Oh, that simple? I didn't even realize it would be that simple.
>>
>>18925971
>Yeah, I've tried the whole meditation thing.
I assume you've only done meditation fixed on breath, which is cultivating single pointed awareness of mind. While it still works, it is wildly inefficient in the Kali Yuga and the best way to commune with god and elevate yourself into heaven is specifically chanting Hare Krishna.

As far as the karmic fruits, you must realize we reap the benefits of our karma in the next life. That is to say your selfless acts will be rewarded in the next life, and you are currently either enjoying or suffering the fruits of your past life's karma in your current life. Your current life situation may be gloomy currently due to karmic causes of the past, but keep in mind you were fortunate enough to incarnate as a man and not as some lowly animal, it's not all doom and gloom.
>>
>>18925971
look at how you worded your statement
>and ask nothing in return. but I get misery and homelessness in return. MAYBE I'll eventually get my good deeds back.

gives me two questions

1. if you ask for nothing (presumably meaning you don't care what you get back instead of asking for not anything), then why do you care that you get "misery and homelessness?"

>MAYBE I'll eventually get my good deeds back.
this contradicts your statement "and ask nothing in return"

2. If you even perceive that you get misery and homelessness in return then what does that mean youre sending out? if you help people, and don't gain satisfaction from knowing that you helped people, then your desires are skewed. why do you need anything beyond helping people? why is the act of assistance not its own reward?

additionally, karma is not black and white and not as simple as lay people speak of it as, though I am not about to explain it so feel free to disregard this statement.

additionally, I jumped in without reading the rest of this reply chain so forgive me if I am missing the base, but I had to reach out just from reading your diction.

please remember, ultimately you're not entitled to anything.
>>
Nigger, you think waay to much. If you want proof of the existence of God just search the miracle of holy light. That's irrefutable evidence
>>
>>18926009
>Then that is truly an unjust system that I'm glad to deny. I'd much rather reincarnate as a preta than submit to the cunt(s) that allows this.
How is such a system unjust? If you sin, you will be punished for doing so. God doesn't simply excuse acts of evil anon, THAT is unjust. Moreso, the core concept of moksha involves transcending the law of karma to return to Krishna in heaven. We recognize the karma is an undesirable system to be confined to, and we can and seek to escape it.
>>
>>18926019
I don't think karma is just. Or that it's real. Or that we reincarnate. Also, Rosecrucian shit has you chanting to gods to try and reach ethereal planes. Nothing ever happened for me.

>>18926020
I only brought it up because someone else brought up karma. IF there was something to make me believe that karmic values were real for the next life, I wouldn't be bitching. But if you're gonna say karma is real and you get out what you put in, I'm gonna tell you how my life has went. I don't do good for good boy points. I do it because I like helping people. That being said, I rarely get anything but a thanks in return. If karma WERE real, I should be reaping what I sowed. Right? I do it because I know how shitty it is to have nothing. I'll buy a nigga some whiskey and jerky and give them a spare winter coat. I gain satisfaction, just obviously no karmic value. Helping people makes me feel good. But it's never helped me. Maybe I just misunderstand karma completely.
>>
>>18926030
What IS the miracle of holy light? Sounds like a cult or a misidentified borealic event.

>>18926034
If my decency breaks even with my sins and I get okay existence, then fine. But that's not how it is for me. Unless my alcoholism somehow detracts THAT much from my karmic values.
>>
>>18926043
>Or that we reincarnate.
This is the core issue I'm seeing. Now I know reincarnation sounds like a pretty far fetched thought, but entertain it with me for one moment.

The main idea here is that conciousness never ceases, you never cease to be because god never ceases to be either, you and him are eternal. There was never a time where you were not conscious, nor will there ever be a time where you'll not be concious. You fall asleep and awake the next day with no memory of your dreams, but this does not mean conciousness stopped as consciousness is not memory. This is the same case for reincarnation between lives. Death is merely a process that seems like the end, but is in fact not. Look to nature also to ponder this, everything is cyclic. A clock is circular, time is built in a way that it loops back onto itself and history repeats. You breath in, and you breath out. Day turns to night. Big Bang happens, Big Crunch happens. Deathly winter renews into spring. The universe undergoes cyclic modes of expansion and contraction and life and death are no different.
>>
>>18926050
>But that's not how it is for me.
Again your current life is dependent upon the karma of your PAST life. Good deeds done in this life will not manifest until your next.
>>
>>18926072
Nigga, I need proof. Something. Literally anything. As far as I'm aware, I cease to exist every time I go to sleep. I need something man.

>>18926076
Then that's bullshit and unjust. Imagine if a legal system was like that. "YOU did nothing wrong. But in your last life you raped 6 young boys. So you may not be guilty of involuntary manslaughter, but you are guilty of 6 counts of rape because fuck you. Go straight to jail. Do not pass go. Do not collect 200 dollars."
>>
>>18926043
> I do it because I like helping people. That being said, I rarely get anything but a thanks in return.

if you like helping people why do you care that you rarely get anything but a thanks in return?

karma is more than action, it is action and intent.

furthermore, your language begets your personality, and your drive. if you truly didn't care about not getting anything in return then why would you bring it up in the first place?

I lack the adequate understanding to be able to explain further, so feel free again to disregard my statement, but I would encourage you to look further into it. it is not as simple as putting into a bank to cash in your GBP later.

I wish you the best anon. you might not ever be able to see, but looking without presumption is a great place to start.
>>
>>18925882
>Show me there is a god somewhere.

Try this.

Believe in Abraxas.
Do not be homo.
Spend about 1 minute (no more) repeating in your mind a praise to Abraxas as a mantra such as "Blessed be Abraxas".

Do this for some 3 months.

Look out for life improvements, health mainly, but also other fields.
>>
>>18926086
>I need proof
Ive provided examples above but they're endless. Nature fundamentally operates in a cyclic pattern, look at respiration, blood circulation, water cycles, rise and fall of empires, anything. This is called samsara.

>As far as I'm aware, I cease to exist every time I go to sleep. I need something man.
You are still equating memory with conciousness. Just because you do not remember being a kid doesn't mean you weren't a kid. There's no gap is existence anon, that's illogical on gods part. Similarly, just because you can't remember your past life doesn't mean you didn't have one.

>Then that's bullshit
I don't deny the nature of the karmic system is undesirable nor does any learned Vedic scholar. Karma is inherent in samsara but it can be and should be overcome. The whole idea of enlightenment is to escape from samsara and escape karma to union with god.
>>
>>18926097
I didn't bring it up. I responded to >>18925997
>we have past life karma...
If you want to dissect my response, that's fine. Don't lie about me bringing it up though. This exact thing is some of the evil I've seen.

>>18926020
Sure, I'm not entitled to anything. BUT, if karma was real, then I would be.

>>18926108
I can remember being a kid. HOWEVER, if I have no proof OR memory of a past life, how could I believe it?
>>
>>18926105
>do not be homo
What if I'm halfgay? What then?
>>
>>18926133

Don't engage.
>>
>>18926130
>I can remember being a kid. HOWEVER, if I have no proof OR memory of a past life, how could I believe it?
I think I'll answer this by telling you how I realized reincarnation was legit at risk of you discrediting me, because I used to think it was some eastern nonsense as well. It came down to psychedelic drug usage, but it's deeper than that. The state that psychedelic drugs induce mirrors the intermediate "bardo" state between life and death. There's a book called the Tibetian Book of the Dead and it vividly describes this bardo state, and it can be directly compared to an LSD or mushroom trip. Timothy Leary wrote a book called the Psychedelic Experience, I recommend you read it or the tibetian book of the dead. Best case scenario I would recommend trying a psychedelic to get firsthand experience of it and not simply take my word for it but I realize that's not always possible.

Anyway it's late as fuck here so I'm off to sleep, but look into those books if you want convincing.
>>
>>18925882
>I've only seen evil, no good

God must be hiding from you. Why would he do that?
>>
>>18926170
I've read the Tibetian Book of the Dead (part of stiff I found through rosecrucian texts) and it offered a bunch of neat stuff about animal magnitism and "resurrection" and stuff like that. I've done acid (real), shrooms, and a few research chemicals. Never had anything supernatural. Also have done dmt twice and it was basically just like ketamine but a helluva lot shorter. I'll look into that Tim Leary book though. Will be interesting if nothing else.
>>
>>18926186
I wonder that every day buddy. Why?
>>
>>18926086
>I need proof. Something. Literally anything. As far as I'm aware, I cease to exist every time I go to sleep
Oh, fok off OP, stop being a lazy winning bitch... lucid dreaming, modafocka, ever heard of it?

One of the most faggot level entry skillz around here... just perfect for you.

Do it and confirm by yourself that you retain your awareness and memory around the clock whether you're awake or asleep and then remember when you weren't able to do that and realize how much of a newfag you really were.

>>18926108
>You are still equating memory with conciousness
OP is an angry dumb faggot who wants to be spoonfed since he obviously failed to show any talent/insight for the past 10 years and is now angry at the world.
>>
What's it to you?

Your cure doesn't depend on an answer to this question. You're not that deep. Just get your fucking shit together.
>>
>>18926192
You don't trust him. He doesn't force people to. Just remember that when you truly need him, he'll be there for you.
>>
>>18926241
Why should god's existence require talent? What kind of shitty god requires talent to understand him, but doesn't give that ability to everyone? Can't lucid dream because I have a sleeping disorder. I only sleep about 40 minutes at a time. I've gone to sleep clinics to fix that, but the meds just make me lose my shit and sleep 16 hours. Maybe I am angry, but I think I have a right to be if even "newfags" can do shit I'm unable to.

>>18926264
How do I get that "deep?" What do I do to "get my shit together?"
>>
>>18926275
Last time I "truly needed" him, I wound up having to fix the situation myself. "He" has never shown himself to me. Never influenced my life. Every time I "should" have died, I only lived through sheer force of will. Maybe he gave me that instead of insight. I can't know though.
>>
>>18925882
This helped me, it might help you. It was a good jumping off point for my understanding of the first 12 dimensions.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLU_qdSbYIQ
>>
>>18925882

That quote is made up and falsely attributed to Marcus Aurelius. The man in the image isn't even Marcus Aurelius.

You don't know what you mean by the words 'good' or 'evil'. Start by finding out what exactly you mean when you call something 'good' or 'evil' (and no, listing things that may be described as good or evil does not count as defining either).

And read Marcus Aurelius for real.
>>
>>18926382
It was just a random image on my phone that best described how I felt. It may not be Marcaus Auerilus, but it's how I feel. If a god were just, would it matter that I was devout so long as I lived a decent life? I'd like to know.
>>
File: Aghori2.jpg (51KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Aghori2.jpg
51KB, 640x360px
>>18925882
Look into Advaita Vedanta and Trika Saivism. Some of my favorite religions.

Theres an ultimate reality the mystic Jews called "God". Its called Brahman in Vedanta and Paramasiva in Trika Saivism or simply Siva (bliss) by the ancient Hindus.

Brahman is the ultimate reality described as "satcitananda" (being consciousness bliss). In Saivism they have boiled it down to referring to it as Siva which literally means bliss. Being is an aspect of it but is obviously implied in consciousness but really you don't need to say consciousness cause bliss implies consciousness to experience the bliss of course.

Basically if you can merge the 3 states of consciousness and transcend them you become fully conscious and experience bliss. I honestly think schizophrenics are halfway there and don't know what they're doing so get stuck merging dreaming with conditioned consciousness.

You want to know bruh!? Study the Tantras.
>>
>>18926430
So become conscious to become conscious so that you're conciouse because hindus. Also, that's not that rabbinic/hebrew "god." Hebrew/rabbinic "god" is different entirely. He's Mr."You have to be a pure Levite to see "god." Because Hebrews are the only "true" people and all the rest are people you can decieve and fuck with. And I still think the hindi shiva is still a cunt for karma.
>>
>>18926280
>Why should god's existence require talent?
The ability to be good at something on your own without having others teaching you is one of the things that separates lower life forms from higher life forms.

And you have to be at a higher level than what you currently are to start understanding the mysteries of the universe.

You might not realize it, but you are actually asking big shit, here.

And then there's another problem:

even if you understood many of the things these anons are explaining here, you wouldn't have any way whatsoever to apply or internalize any of it into your daily life because you don't even have the basics down yet.

Which raises even another problem:
Great use of the last 10 fucking years, OP.

>Can't lucid dream ... sleeping disorder ... only sleep about 40 minutes at a time ... meds just make me lose my shit
Hypnotic regression my mothafocka. Do we need to tell you every single tiny little thing?

I think the most important thing you should take from this thread at this time is that you are in no position to head in the direction of a knowledgeable spiritual path in the current state of your life.
>>
>>18926450
If my sleeping disorder is TRULY what is preventing me from understanding, then "god" is a cunt. If he made me unable to sleep and also unable to understand, then he's either more merciful than I give him credit for, or he's more of a cunt than I thought. Maybe I'm not meant to understand. Maybe I'm meant to be a sceptic, and he'll welcome me open arms at the end. I'll accept that if that's my purpose. If he's truly just I'll have no ilk. But if I am punished for his doings, then he's a cunt. I didn't decide to have shit sleep. Don't put this evil on me. I just existed.
>>
>>18926458
You just called the Aether. The Prime Force of existence a cunt. It doesn't do much friend, we are still here. You are forced to overcome whatever is put in front of you.
>>
>>18926403

You're jumping the gun.

What is 'just'? How do you know that your conception of 'just' is correct?
>>
File: Buddha.jpg (95KB, 600x720px) Image search: [Google]
Buddha.jpg
95KB, 600x720px
>>18926446
Basically be conscious of the unconscious. Unconsciousness is experienced as energy since its not an object of knowledge like subconsciousness. The more you are aware of unconsciousness the more energy you experience until its so intense you experience bliss. Its what they are referring to when they are saying raise your consciousness. Its why Buddhist focus on breath, an unconscious process that can be viewed consciously. Its retard easy and genius.
>>
>>18925882
Well anon. Basically everything you know is a lie told to you by the ruling elite and they hate christianity or any spirituality. So you may as well give it a chance.
>>
>>18926470
Be that as it may, "the Aether" is still a cunt. I can overcome, but I'd rather there be something benevolent out there.

>>18926471
Because I decided it was, and if nothing will show me proper justification, then jit is shit.

>>18926482
Maybe I'm just too dumb for retard easy. I dunno. I only have conciousness and not. Probably due to my sleeping disorder.
>>
>>18926488
I have given most things a chance. From Legba to YWHW.
>>
>>18926492

Well guess what, you don't get to decide. There are no simple answers to your questions either.

If you want to even attempt to understand what you're talking about, this is a good way to start.

Read up on logic, study and practice exercises.

Then read 'How to Read a Book' by Adler.

After that read the Moral Discourses of Epictetus repeatedly, making extensive notes and reading secondary material about it online.

Then read the complete works of Plato.

This is the best advice you've ever been given or will ever be given. Make of it what you will.
>>
File: holy spirit.jpg (300KB, 800x854px) Image search: [Google]
holy spirit.jpg
300KB, 800x854px
>>18926492
If you meditate on your breath 10-20 years that should work. But that mediation is kind of a sick joke cause eventually you will go into samadhi (meditative absorption) and then your breathing will stop. I bet a person who follows this meditation would fucking freak lulz. In such a state you exist off the energy of existence and don't breath.
>>
don't worry anon. Dat rosa mel apibus :)
>>
>>18926499
I understand what you're saying, but Plato didn't use "logic." Your advice is actually helpful, but Plato was around in the "Educados" era. I'll look in to the other texts, but Plato didn't know what he thought he did. I'm fairly well read. I can read in English, Czech, ancient Hebrew, Ancient Greek, and Mexican (Castillian is weird and there's more cases and verb tenses than I understand.) I am by no means a smart, or "learnéd" man. But I do knoe enough that Plato was bad as far as logic goes. He did the opposite of scoentific theory in some cases. Daniel DeFoe is a better logical guidepost, and he's a satiricist.
>>
>>18926494
The christian bible has a lot of accurate predictions in it.
Jesus was intelligent as fuck he knew exactly the kind of things that will happen and are happening now.
He is right in what he says even if he isn't really god.
The bible will never not be relevant atleast not until many thousands of years perhaps.
>>
>>18925882
When that happens I just lay on the bed, smoke a joint and think....
Eventually the existencial crisis ends by starting to believe in something, be it pure and logical science, mystical religions or cults.
>>
>>18926515

You really don't know what you're talking about.

Plato strictly adhered to logic, though not everything everyone in his dialogues argue is bound by logic - but that's the point.

Why would Plato adhere to the scientific method? What could that possibly tell him about 'good', or 'evil', or 'justice'? To relate the two makes no sense at all.

'Logic' and the scientific method are two different things. Logic is a universal set of consistent rules whose function is to evaluate truth. The scientific method, which is based on logic, is used to verify observations on the material world.

Logic can tell you why you ought or ought not to use a nuclear bomb - the scientific method will tell you how a nuclear bomb works and what effects occur after a nuclear bomb is used.

The scientific method can tell you nothing about what 'good', 'bad' or 'just' mean, or how they relate to your character or the world, and is thus irrelevant to OP's question.
>>
>>18926492
>but I'd rather there be something benevolent out there
Exactly!

With everyone sick and tired of reading in Luke 17:20 that the kingdom of God is within you, and OP being the bright spark that he is, where did he spend 10 years looking for it?

>out there

*facepalm*

>>18925882
>I've read multiple books on multiple gods
But skipped Christian bible
>>
>>18926558
I may be drunk, but I know what I'm talking about. He used a different method to develop hyoptheses. He basically just tried to disprove Diogenes. His "logic" was shit. It didn't (and still.doesn"t) hold up to any science. His teacher put forth his methods for learning. Plato didn't follow them. "Chickens are naked hunams, lol."
>>
>>18926590
I've read the Christian Bible. It being "within you" makes no sense. Also, Luke 17:20 says "Once, having been asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, Jesus replied 'The kingdom of God does not come with your careful onservation..." It does continue to go on to say it IS within you, but you're not quoting actual verses.
>>
>>18926616
>makes no sense.
Exactly!

Are you staying to understand why you are in the current state that you are?
>>
>>18925882
too find god you must first find yourself
>>
>>18926623
Hold up, it makes no sense in context.That's a 6 verse segment, not just Luke 17:20. Before it gets finished it says that "the son of man will be like the lightning, which flashes and lights up the sky from one end to the other." Just putting the obvious out there.though. Anything a nigga could read.

protip:have a bible with me
>>
File: IMG_0104.jpg (237KB, 1080x1349px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0104.jpg
237KB, 1080x1349px
>>18925882
Here you go. Crisis solved
>>
>>18925882

You are god though and you control your own world.
>>
>>18925882
>I have only seen evil

No, you've seen malice, greed, spite, selfishness, and any number of other things that you can't be bothered to understand so you write off as evil.

>Can I even know?
no. Because faith-based reasoning keeps it's objects of interest safely on the other side of falsifiability.

>Am I doomed to live a miserable skeptic?
If you're so self-involved that you need sky papa to feel good about life, and without him none of this is worth your time, kill yourself.
>>
>>18926652
>malice, greed, spite, selfishness
Sounds holy to me.
>>
>>18926652
I can feel fine without Dr. Spaghoot man. I'm not gonna kill myself because I have stuff I want to do still.

>>18926657
Then I have truly seen holiness, and will reject it on principal.
>>
>>18925882
II. God
0:2.1.Evolving mortal creatures experience an irresistible urge to symbolize their finite concepts of God. Man's consciousness of moral duty and his spiritual idealism represent a value level—an experiential reality—which is difficult of symbolization.
0:2.2.Cosmic consciousness implies the recognition of a First Cause, the one and only uncaused reality. God, the Universal Father, functions on three Deity-personality levels of subinfinite value and relative divinity expression:
0:2.3.1. Prepersonal—as in the ministry of the Father fragments, such as the Thought Adjusters.
0:2.4.2. Personal—as in the evolutionary experience of created and procreated beings.
0:2.5.3. Superpersonal—as in the eventuated existences of certain absonite and associated beings.
0:2.6.GOD is a word symbol designating all personalizations of Deity. The term requires a different definition on each personal level of Deity function and must be still further redefined within each of these levels, as this term may be used to designate the diverse co-ordinate and subordinate personalizations of Deity; for example: the Paradise Creator Sons—the local universe fathers.
>>
>>18927112
0:2.7.The term God, as we make use of it, may be understood:
0:2.8.By designation—as God the Father.
0:2.9.By context—as when used in the discussion of some one deity level or association. When in doubt as to the exact interpretation of the word God, it would be advisable to refer it to the person of the Universal Father.
0:2.10.The term God always denotes personality. Deity may, or may not, refer to divinity personalities.
0:2.11.The word GOD is used, in these papers, with the following meanings:
0:2.12.1. God the Father—Creator, Controller, and Upholder. The Universal Father, the First Person of Deity.
0:2.13.2. God the Son—Co-ordinate Creator, Spirit Controller, and Spiritual Administrator. The Eternal Son, the Second Person of Deity.
0:2.14.3. God the Spirit—Conjoint Actor, Universal Integrator, and Mind Bestower. The Infinite Spirit, the Third Person of Deity.
0:2.15.4. God the Supreme—the actualizing or evolving God of time and space. Personal Deity associatively realizing the time-space experiential achievement of creature-Creator identity. The Supreme Being is personally experiencing the achievement of Deity unity as the evolving and experiential God of the evolutionary creatures of time and space.
0:2.16.5. God the Sevenfold—Deity personality anywhere actually functioning in time and space. The personal Paradise Deities and their creative associates functioning in and beyond the borders of the central universe and power-personalizing as the Supreme Being on the first creature level of unifying Deity revelation in time and space. This level, the grand universe, is the sphere of the time-space descension of Paradise personalities in reciprocal association with the time-space ascension of evolutionary creatures.
>>
>>18927118
0:2.17.6. God the Ultimate—the eventuating God of supertime and transcended space. The second experiential level of unifying Deity manifestation. God the Ultimate implies the attained realization of the synthesized absonite-superpersonal, time-space-transcended, and eventuated-experiential values, co-ordinated on final creative levels of Deity reality.
0:2.18.7. God the Absolute—the experientializing God of transcended superpersonal values and divinity meanings, now existential as the Deity Absolute. This is the third level of unifying Deity expression and expansion. On this supercreative level, Deity experiences exhaustion of personalizable potential, encounters completion of divinity, and undergoes depletion of capacity for self-revelation to successive and progressive levels of other-personalization. Deity now encounters, impinges upon, and experiences identity with, the Unqualified Absolute.
>>
>>18925882

Life is what you make of it, everything is connected. Change your perceptions if you ever expect to be happy, y'know, instead of wallowing in shit.
>Be the Change You Wish to See
>>
>>18925882
>Show me there is a god somewhere.
Look to your left, look to your right, go outside and look towards the sky, come back in, look at yourself in the mirror. With all the conviction in your being say, "there (is/are) no (G/g)od(s)." If you cannot say this with enough conviction to convince yourself, then relax, you are only momentarily lost and can still find your way. If you do convince yourself, then you have your answer.
>>
>>18925882
wrong marcus faggot
>>
BTW, does OP know that goddesses existed before gods?
>>
File: abandoned-doll.jpg (107KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
abandoned-doll.jpg
107KB, 1280x720px
>>18927643
And even if there were gods and goddesses..
Pic related.
>>
>>18926130
>I can remember being a kid. HOWEVER, if I have no proof OR memory of a past life, how could I believe it?

The flaw is not that you remember being a kid, it's that you identify that memory of being a kid as YOU.

Think of it this way. What you actually are is all of the universe experiencing the moment of sensory convergence that is your body right now. Memories are just that, recordings, illusions, hallucinations. You and I are the same thing at heart. This is the essence of reincarnation. Do you fear death? Do you fear what happened before 'you' were born?
>>
>>18925882
Does your real life name begin with an M ?
Last name begins with Sh ?
>>
i dont understand, if you want to believe in god just go look outside at night, lots of pretty stars in the sky, probably some autistic guy put it all together like those fat kids who play 40k with little painted army figurines. he's just been wheezing and puffing happily for 13 billion years watching various species evolve, fight amongst themselves then set sail the oceans of space to discover and fight against each other, all in his name.

god is basically a kissless virgin with too much time on his hands, this universe is probably some obsessive hobby or side project he dumped all his money and time into because his real job is unfulfilling and dull.

clearly it's been made by someone or something, it's too big and too life sustaining for this not to be the case, pretty much every star we look at now has rocky planets around the same area we are in relation to our sun. which means trillions of civilisations out there in different stages of arming themselves and expanding across the universe to conquer and subjugate.

the only law you cannot escape is that of power. the only force left in the universe after you unify the observable ones is power, the abstract concept or idea of having control, dominating, being a master of the elements, wielding technological power. so it's just a race between all these uncontacted and undetected species and ourselves.
>>
>>18927835
Why do you assume that the universe is a conscious construction?

Why not the masquerade of an actor? Why not the body of a beast?
>>
>>18927902
What if it culminated to a single egregorical consciousness after all this time

not claiming anything just food for thought
>>
>>18927902
i don't assume anything except what is observed, and that is structure and order. there is very little chaos out there or randomness, we are undergoing possibly the most boring collision ever as another galaxy is falling into our own for the next few billion years. everything moves like clockwork, orbits, periods, rotations, on all scales from the subatomic to the galactic it's the same shit. Basically it shows a lack of imagination and creativity desu, or a serious limitation in design and capability. both suggest a rudimentary attempt, with various failures and some limited successes.

"the universe" is mostly unknown and unobservable to our limited technologies. assuming anything about it from the limited things we can see would be stupid. it's like seeing a finger and then assuming the entire shape is a thousand fingers all connected together. yeah maybe, or maybe it's a hand connected to an arm etc to a body etc.

an illusion or a creature are implausible, you are forcing impractical explanations on a scale where both illusions and living organisms break down. if you observe a child's spinning top you don't assume it's pretending to spin, or that it is a spinning creature of some kind, or even that it is conscious. you simply see an object in rotational motion, with some initial conditions which caused it to spin, and over time you watch it slow down, and in the future you can make predictions as to when it will stop.

asking why the child spun the top is irrelevant, obviously to watch it spin, primarily. maybe to practice and get better. ultimately for both inane and mundane reasons, pleasure and boredom. why questions are often poor questions, because they never end, every answer to a why question that isn't why leads to another why question, because why is just recursion. at some point you either accept a base case and stop or understand you will go on forever asking why and each subsequent answer is irrelevant because why not?
>>
File: RomeQuake.png (335KB, 1539x659px) Image search: [Google]
RomeQuake.png
335KB, 1539x659px
>>18925882
>Show me there is a god somewhere. I want one to exist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbKAefBxKVg
>>
>>18925882
>I've been having an existential crisis for the past 10 years. Show me there is a god somewhere. I want one to exist. But I've only seen evil, no good. I've read multiple books on multiple gods. I have even gone so far as to learn new languages just to read thing in their original texts. Can I even know? Or am I doomed to live as a miserable skeptic?
>>18927584
>>
>>18925882
>>18926668
>>
>>18925882
You don't need a god to be happy, and you don't need proof to believe. It's a choice dummy.
>>
File: 90quakeElisaLam.jpg (1MB, 1443x1265px) Image search: [Google]
90quakeElisaLam.jpg
1MB, 1443x1265px
>>18925882
>. Show me there is a god somewhere.

I haven't altered this facebook post other than the censoring and overlaying images. The times are completely accurate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDhSB_UxkTM
>>
>>18925882
Mr. Aurelius apparently had the perfect perspective to the god/morality question. Simple, yet elegant and complete. Any subsequent philosophy concerning the subject is redundant and pedantic. Wish we had a philosopher-king in our time, and more in the past to inform the present. Too bad he gave Rome Commodus. Lol 'commode'.
>>
>>18925882
Why are you not happy with the realisation that there is no evidence proving the reality has any meaning ? It mean existence is absurd, okay, but you are then totaly free !!!
>>
>>18927949
>everything moves like clockwork, orbits, periods, rotations, on all scales from the subatomic to the galactic it's the same shit

Dances are like clockwork. Plays are repeated performances of the same words. Repetition isn't the same thing as lack of imagination.
>>
>>18927835
>clearly it's been made by someone or something, it's too big and too life sustaining for this not to be the case

oh do you have a second universe to use as a reference anon :^)
>>
>>18928022

That's some schizophrenia right there.
>>
Read this (KJV)
>>
>>18925882
What if the Abrahamic god is real but is just toying with us?
What if we are just an experiment were he would send those who believed in his massages to hell just for the fun of it or as a punishment for being gullible and believing his existence without physical evidence ?
How would anyone know if god isn't lying to us?
I really can't leave behind the comfort and motivation and that believing in a higher power brings me but these out of all questions seem truly paradoxical to me.
>>
"God"?

Why not "Tog", you see?
>>
>>18928812
>kjv
Go suck a cock.
>>
for now
>>18928824
>>
>>18928313
it's a lack of novelty, which suggests mechanism and automation, which suggests some original thing which began the process through construction.

no two dances or plays are the same performance, humans always do things slightly differently. if that was the case for the natural world you would see matter randomly collapse and disappear or stars explode for no reason or objects turn inside out, we see none of the chaotic hints or signs to suggest the laws of physics are ever suspended. hence mechanism, machine, stupid, boring repetition.

>>18928341
i dont have a universe to begin with, i have

>observations which cover a small slice of what i predict to be there 5%
>missing stuff which is invisible to me 95%

why are you trying to invent other universes when you only have 5% of this one to work with? i can answer this one for you:
because you want the universe to be a container for stuff and haven't studied enough physics to appreciate that we are the surface of the container and there is nothing inside or outside. unless of course some collision occurs, then you could directly observe the effects of another universe's reality collapsing into our own and vice versa.

im saying the 5% of the stuff we see is 100% created. every star is literally an admixture of ingredients to produce predictable effects, like baking 5000 different types of cakes with varying quantities. and those ingredients themselves are 100% created, designed, engineered, to be able to mix together and create anything like what we observe, matter, mass, light.

there isn't a single atheist cosmologist or physicist in the world who holds that position based on their work. people reach religious conclusions independently, but there are sciences that directly interact and study the nature of reality and structure of the visible world. evolution by natural selection from carefully selected original conditions which were they to be altered would lead to radiation and darkness forever.
>>
>>18930124
>it's a lack of novelty, which suggests mechanism and automation, which suggests some original thing which began the process through construction.

>lack of novelty
Human beings! Right here! You're part of the universe! You're aware, you ask these questions. Are those dances and plays not part of the universe too? Are we not an extension of natural process?

Is that not novel?
>>
>>18930169
it only appears novel to us because of the number of complex nested interactions. with sufficient time and understanding you can explain exactly what is going on when people move a certain way or how they speak.

there is no real randomness in the physical world, the atomic decay process is not fully understood and things like flipping a coin or rolling a dice depend on starting conditions. a small perturbation in a large system gives different observable outcomes, this doesn't mean anything novel or random occurred in a technical sense.

for human civilization and intuition what i said doesn't make sense because we see progress as part of being an intelligent self-aware species. but as i've address above in the longer 2 part post, it's mostly as a result of humans being widespread and experiencing different biological and climactic drivers which lead to this great diversity of outcome and technology we experience today.

novelty in a physical sense would be the ability to suspend reality, the material laws of physics (electromagnetism, strong/weak nuclear, gravitation). if i put my hand up now and literally tear a hole in space and time with my fingers. of course you can't, because you are the system, you are the machine, you are part of the clever contraption. it's perfectly reasonable to assume everything you think is pre-determined.

everything im telling you comes from a distillation of knowledge acquired by inquisitive minds for many thousands of years. anyone arguing for the immaterial is just talking about wishful thinking or practical utility. humans without something to hope for or believe in go mad and destroy themselves. understanding belief as a human invention doesn't exclude you from believing. understanding the world as material doesn't suddenly make you capable of understanding everyone's actions or predict outcomes perfectly.

it gives you something to aim for. building a better machine, what lucifer essentially tempted mankind to do.
>>
>>18930219
But why this word 'machine', anon?

Does the universe seem particularly like an engine to you? To what end is this machine built? Everything you've said could apply to a game. The material laws of physics and motion the rules of that game.

The problem with your precept is your definition for novel is that something impossible must happen. But anything that happens is, by definition, not impossible, so of course by your definition nothing novel will ever take place.

>this doesn't mean anything novel or random occurred in a technical sense
But 'technical' is not a by-word for 'true', anon. Useful, yes, but not an absolutely true descriptor of the Universe.
>>
>>18930253
games have engines, all games run on a backbone of rules which govern what will happen inside the game with perfect prediction by the engine or it could not occur. you are making a distinction without a difference.

people who oppose my position claim philosophically that there is another reality, wholly in the mind, and here is the seat of your soul, the silent observer, the real you, an immaterial and immortal thing that transcends reality and escapes to another place upon death.

all of that is nonsense, but they prefer to believe it over the truth, that they are simply another creature with laws it must obey biologically and rules it follows by convention. mechanical computers are digital. human brains are analog and digital. when we build analog/digital computers we will then reach humanlike machine intelligence and it will be proven without a shadow of a doubt all men are machines and all machines are men.
>>
>>18930286
I'm not talking video game, I'm talking game in general. Play could be another word for it.

I'm not claiming that there's another reality. I'm claiming that you ARE reality. All of it, happening at a place and time called you. Of course you could call yourself a machine, but in the same way you could call yourself a tree, or a fish, or a meteorite. Because all of these are just words and words are too clumsy to really accurately describe what we are.

Like this word 'obey'. Our bodies don't 'obey' biological laws, they do what they do, and we form ideas about laws from that.
>>
>>18930296
why bother expressing anything then if you think words are useless symbols and could be interchangeable. i believe words reveal the true nature of things, and machine is a very fitting word for what we are.

noun:
>1540s, "structure of any kind," from Middle French machine "device, contrivance," from Latin machina "machine, engine, military machine; device, trick; instrument"
verb:
>mid-15c., "decide, resolve," from Old French and Latin usages

to me it appears you are brainwashed into thinking things are relative because you were told at some point that is the hip or current popular theory of thinking. things are absolute, and only through great cosmic forces of mankind's ingenuity do you get any kind of transformation or relation between them. humans are no different than stars, we create complex intelligence just like stars create heavier elements. machine.
>>
There are 4 major signs for the existence of God.

The fine-tuning of the cosmos.
The existence of awareness(the soul)
The creation of life (biogenesis)
The rapid evolution of man (in contrast to the rest of the evolutionary path).

You just need to do the research your self, search the internet, learn the arguments and learn to make conclusions based upon inductive reasoning (pattern recognition in particular).
>>
just offer your life to God. Do what you want, but blame God if people are angry.
>>
>>18930303
>trick
I'll agree with this part of the definition.

But if everything is one great machine, then the word machine itself necessarily has no meaning. It's another way of saying the universe moves, which no shit.
>>
>>18930305
Lol this nigga thinks he can quantitatively measure evolution of different species against each other

Nobody ever said religious people were smart I guess
>>
>>18930350
You claim you can't see a greater distinction of faces of man in contrast to other animals.

Or wait... you can... and it was just "a trick of the mind"?
>>
>>18925926
You sound like a mason.
>>
>>18926020
He's not asking. He's expecting/ hoping, which is bad anyway.
>>
>>18930365
Anon do you not think this is because you aren't an animal so you don't have the neural circuitry for recognizing their "faces"? This affects even humans between races.

You don't think though. ;) Can't expect someone like you to understand any cognitive psychology.
>>
>>18930393
Yeh, I can recognize human faces, but it doesn't take an objective measurement to notice morphological differences of species.

There is a greater variety of eye, mouth, nose shape than in other animals.

How easily we are fooled by our "wisdom" sometimes, Anon. :-\
>>
Sometimes, often when I'm eating, I'll think about the fact that I'll eventually die and have to face the blackness of eternity. Like most things, I'll probably put off my god fearing until the last minute, but regardless.

I take solace in the idea that if there is a god, they must have thought of something truly merciful in the end, for maybe the blackness is simply a release from all pain and desire.

If there is not a god, I take solace in the chance that this may all be a simulation, for if you know anything about computing, when something is deleted, its data is truly just recycled and used as something else later on.

Maybe by the time I grow old I'll be tired of living.
>>
>>18930412
There factually isn't and even if there was it would mean absolutely nothing in this discussion.

Religious types always seem so confused and unable to stay on topic. It's particularly hilarious that you think this because studies prove that you can't even notice the variances in faces outside your own race with the same accuracy. You don't understand that you are literally wired to notice differences in your race and species. This information cannot connect with logic inside you.
>>
>>18930442
https://www.nature.com/articles/ncomms5800

I don't agree with their conclusion though.
>>
>>18930440
>have to face the blackness of eternity
eternity is pink tho
>>
>>18930474
That's a nice color at least!
>>
File: fates.jpg (222KB, 900x575px) Image search: [Google]
fates.jpg
222KB, 900x575px
>>18928575
>That's some schizophrenia right there.

What is schizophrenic about it? I've noted some coincidences - they are coincidences or they aren't...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raPsmrPNR7w
>>
>>18930440
>I'll think about the fact that I'll eventually die and have to face the blackness of eternity
It won't be 'you' facing it though.

Anyway, eternity is timeless. It won't be waiting around forever. It'll be like a flat instant.
>>
>>18930514
Well whatever I am, I'm glad I wont have to wait around forever.
>>
File: charmurph.png (3MB, 1902x2048px) Image search: [Google]
charmurph.png
3MB, 1902x2048px
>>18928575
>That's some schizophrenia right there.

The ancient Japanese, ancient Chinese, ancient Egyptians, and Romans all believed their Kings/Emperors to be gods - you think these people all thought this for no reason at all?

Maybe if we kill more witches we'll get to the bottom of it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbKAefBxKVg
>>
>>18930539
they had advanced technology bro, cia can make earthquakes happen with haarp, it is known.
>>
File: impcomm2.png (572KB, 1340x980px) Image search: [Google]
impcomm2.png
572KB, 1340x980px
>>18930544
>they had advanced technology bro, cia can make earthquakes happen with haarp, it is known.

Yeah, it's the CIA doing it with ELF waves... Sounds more likely than that there is a superhuman entity (or more) present that operates on a different manifold of spacetime from humans and is responsible for the phenomenon known as "the soul."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weCra4dGZRQ
>>
>>18930539
>The ancient Japanese, ancient Chinese, ancient Egyptians, and Romans all believed their Kings/Emperors to be gods

We are neither ancient people of those empires nor are you a king or emperor.
>>
File: quentinmoses2.jpg (399KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
quentinmoses2.jpg
399KB, 1280x720px
>>18930586
>We are neither ancient people of those empires nor are you a king or emperor.

God is much older than ancient peoples and I am a god whether you like it or not. You have no say in the matter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CceZSqfKkKg
>>
>>18925882
TAOISM
>>
>>18930579
>manifold of spacetime

what's a manifold of spacetime?
>>
>>18930660
tfw gf name is Dao.
>>
>>18925882
Yes. Yes. Even if I showed you you would refuse to believe me.
>>
>>18930750
is there a light shining from inside her vagina? you could be being pranked bro, are you jesus?
>>
>>18930617
You better cross your fingers the real guy forgives you for your insolence ;)
>>
>>18930617
>You have no say in the matter

Kid, I could grab you by the neck and shit in your mouth, no God would allow that, but you couldn't avoid it.
>>
>>18930832
That's how the Jews treated Jesus.
>>
>>18930833

Jesus was a deceiver
>>
>>18930840
deceptively lovable maybe.
>>
>>18930846

He's a murderer of spirits camouflaged as an alleged nice person
>>
>>18930825
nah

Jesus was a pleb; I could teach him some shit.
>>
>>18925882
that quote is:
a)fake(how did they pick Aurelius of all people, baffles me)
b)retarded

Just to get that out from the get-go.
>>
>>18930667
>what's a manifold of spacetime?

I don't know the correct terminology. I mean the mechanisms by which God functions are not visible to human physiology in 3-space. Things like the Lorentz force imply there are additional dimensional axises - just like gravity curves spacetime but the curvature is not visible to humans - only its effects.
>>
File: platoform.gif (7KB, 307x342px) Image search: [Google]
platoform.gif
7KB, 307x342px
>>18930832
>no God would allow that, but you couldn't avoid it.

God doesn't seem to force people to obey.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsaNRKgxIB0
>>
What are you looking for? Because no text, has a standard reason for living. The closest are the existentialists. Read, A Happy Death by Camus. Perspective.
>>
>>18932365
Some people live to create. Others live to destroy. There is a different religion for each. The only answers will be ones you find yourself.
Thread posts: 146
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.