[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's talk about life and death, /x/. I'm doing some

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 93.jpg (951KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
93.jpg
951KB, 1920x1080px
Let's talk about life and death, /x/. I'm doing some research. I don't care about your religion or what they believe. I wanna know what you believe.

1. What is consciousness?
2. When does it begin?
3. What happens when we die?
4. Be honest, How confident are you in that answer?
>>
suh.
1. Consciousness is being aware of your surroundings and being able to comprehend simple things.
2. I personally believe that consciousness begins either at birth or in the late stages of pregnancy.
3. I would like to say we're reincarnated, but I'm not sure I 100% believe that. We probably just... die yknow.
4. Who can say? I'm not confident at all in that answer
>>
3. I say that basically you re-live your life, but you have no memory of anything that ever happened.
4. There is no way to actually prove this, but there's nobody to say this couldn't be.
>>
>>18925812

>What is consciousness?
Rootbeer
>When does it begin?
π
>What happens when we die?

>Be honest, How confident are you in that
>>
1. I don't fucking know
2. I don't know nor care
3. I don't know Im not a space nigger
4. Very confident
>>
>>18925812
1.being aware of self and surroundings.
2.i don't know
3.i don't know. if i've ever died before, i forgot what happened.
4. which answer, #3? i'm 100% confident that i don't know.
>>
At the end of a fulfilled life there shouldn't be many remnants to die.
>>
>>18925812
>1. What is consciousness?
energy, more specifically light
>2. When does it begin?
it doesn't begin nor does it end, much like a circle,
>3. What happens when we die?
you begin a different phase of your cycle, where in you are returned to the source.
>4. Be honest, How confident are you in that answer?
basically100%
>>
>>18925812
Sure.
1.It's the manifestation of our Souls combined with the processing capacity of our brains.
2.It has always been there so it doesn't have a beginning.
3.We are judged. Three possible outcomes: A better reincarnaton, a worse one and the ending of your Soul.
4. 66.7%, I've been in three different Near-death experience and in the 3rd I was actually judged before being revived by CPR. It changed me for the better because I was going to get raped without lube(I was an absolute mysoginist asshole so... you can imagine what I was going to get)
>>
>>18925812
>1. What is consciousness?

Immaterial, non physical essence.

>2. When does it begin?

With God.

>3. What happens when we die?

Consciousness cannot be destroyed.

>4. Be honest, How confident are you in that answer?

Fairly confident.
>>
>>18925812
You don't remember anything. New life begins in a new dimension(heaven hell or reincarnation) the rest doesn't matter everyone dies sometime..
>>
>>18925812
Consciousness is awareness of matter and energy. One is a conscious being when one specifically is capable of observation, and one is specifically sentient when one is capable of observation across time. That's what separates us from the animals, which aren't capable of perceiving across time. (100% certainty.)

Consciousness begins in the body when the brain is capable of observation across time and space. A fetus wouldn't be conscious because it couldn't observe, where-as an infant is capable of observation and therefore capable of consciousness. (70%)

When a body dies, consciousness is no longer restricted within the body, but takes on intrinsic properties as a trans-dimensional entity, which we know little about, but can prove across time. (90%)

Everything else gets spooky and testimonial, with the fate of conscious beings from death being an amalgamation of various religions. Some important themes.

>Christianity: The purpose of conscious beings is to co-exist with other conscious beings.
>Islam: The function of conscious beings is to submit to a higher power willingly.
>Hinduism: Reincarnation is real and depends on how we lived our life in the past.
>Buddhism: Attachment is the primary obstacle to Conscious beings trying to transcend their position.
>Several religions: We are all part of God as independent conscious observers.

This is the least certain part, but the most important part.

>>18926329
You know, most studies have shown that the ethics of a person doesn't determine what kind of NDE a person receives. Was your NDE hellish? Or was it pleasant? As in, did your life review happen in positive circumstances, or did you encounter intense dread of heat (or coldness), and then the life review happened under that circumstance.
>>
File: 111111111111.jpg (51KB, 625x435px) Image search: [Google]
111111111111.jpg
51KB, 625x435px
>>18929102

>ayy

It's really interesting to come accross someone that would have the same answers as I would

So you deserve a cookie sir, here, take it
>>
>>18929117
Thanks. I think we will inevitably come up with an explanation about consciousness which is just as consistent and empirical as the laws of physics, except for the fact that consciousness specifically doesn't obey the material laws of this universe, because it is neither energy nor matter. We have a long way to go, however, and won't find answers in this century, at least.
>>
12:5.5.Relationships to time do not exist without motion in space, but consciousness of time does. Sequentiality can consciousize time even in the absence of motion. Man's mind is less time-bound than space-bound because of the inherent nature of mind. Even during the days of the earth life in the flesh, though man's mind is rigidly space-bound, the creative human imagination is comparatively time free. But time itself is not genetically a quality of mind.
12:5.6.There are three different levels of time cognizance:
12:5.7.1. Mind-perceived time—consciousness of sequence, motion, and a sense of duration.
12:5.8.2. Spirit-perceived time—insight into motion Godward and the awareness of the motion of ascent to levels of increasing divinity.
12:5.9.3. Personality creates a unique time sense out of insight into Reality plus a consciousness of presence and an awareness of duration.
12:5.10.Unspiritual animals know only the past and live in the present. Spirit-indwelt man has powers of prevision (insight); he may visualize the future. Only forward-looking and progressive attitudes are personally real. Static ethics and traditional morality are just slightly superanimal. Nor is stoicism a high order of self-realization. Ethics and morals become truly human when they are dynamic and progressive, alive with universe reality.
12:5.11.The human personality is not merely a concomitant of time-and-space events; the human personality can also act as the cosmic cause of such events.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.