[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Been reading religious shit for the past few weeks, and honestly,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

Been reading religious shit for the past few weeks, and honestly, I'm starting to really not understand the reasoning for staying a Christian when Corinthians 6:9-10 clearly states sinners won't go to heavan.

Then also says everyone is a sinner, and that your fathers sin are your own.
>>
>>18925296
I want to say i'm kinda confused with my own spirituality right now.

Butt seriously.

What is the point and/or motivation to not sin?
>>
>>18925305
OP wants /x/'s approval to jack off.
>>
The idea being that Jeebus died to remove your father's (original) sin from you. Baptism/confession covers your own sins. But, you have to mean it and make the actual attempt to do better.

Do you even Christian, bro? (I'm not a Christian, btw)
>>
File: the gods.png (1MB, 1171x660px) Image search: [Google]
the gods.png
1MB, 1171x660px
>>18925296
Truth is Jesus/Yahweh are not the only gods to exist. The numerous persist in this world, and imbibed within the sacred and blessed.

Reject the false sins imposed on you

Rejoice in the sacred

Rejoice in the gods, the spirits, the ancestors, the lares
in the powers around you
>>
Most of these kinds of questions are resolved by finding what you could think of as a golden mean, or dialectical synthesis, or a non-duality.

Are you saved through faith or works? Neither and both. Find the point where the two ends meet.
>>
>>18925296
Once you accept Jesus your sins are covered by him
>>
>>18925296
EVERYTHING Paul wrote can be written off safely as lies. Even the returned Jesus said as much in his address to the Church in Ephesus in Revelation. There's a good reason he's called Saint Paul outside the wall. Paul was an anti-Christ, end of.
>>
>>18925327
That was jews making an excuse for why they killed the prophecied saviour. It was not necessary.

Hey if we call him the lamb then we can say he was the final sacrifice.

Imagine being a Sanhedrin right when Jesus died and the storm rolls in and everyone realizes what they had done, but it's over.
>>
>>18925408
(196:2.9) Jesus led men to feel at home in the world; he delivered them from the slavery of taboo and taught them that the world was not fundamentally evil. He did not long to escape from his earthly life; he mastered a technique of acceptably doing the Father's will while in the flesh. He attained an idealistic religious life in the very midst of a realistic world. Jesus did not share Paul's pessimistic view of humankind. The Master looked upon men as the sons of God and foresaw a magnificent and eternal future for those who chose survival. He was not a moral skeptic; he viewed man positively, not negatively. He saw most men as weak rather than wicked, more distraught than depraved. But no matter what their status, they were all God's children and his brethren.
>>
Go to hell and deal with it,or find a religion that rewards you as you want
>>
To sin is to turn from God.
The greater one's distance from God, the more pain their existence will entail.
Hell is to be entirely removed from his presence. Through sin we experience hell, through faith we feel compelled to do good works, and are able to feel the glory of His Kingdom.
Faith and works are separate, but inextricably linked.
>>
>>18925296
Every religion contains some aspect of the truth but not it's entirety. Learn from the religious texts and others written by enlightened beings. Study the esoteric world and the occult; these texts are arcane to keep the Truth among the initiated. Look deeper than the surface and meditate. The answers lie within and these texts show the path. Ignore the detours of deception. There are no shortcuts.
>>
File: 1486760000581.png (436KB, 375x535px) Image search: [Google]
1486760000581.png
436KB, 375x535px
>>18925296
see >>18925387

the rules in the new testament overide the rules of the old one; like the stonning people and all that stuff. just suck up two johnny boy and you'll be fine.

and also just dont listen to catholics cause there full of shit.
>>
>>18925296
Sin comes from the greek word that means "to miss the mark". What he says is that all humans are prone to failure.
What does he mean by failure? Failure to build a mindstate that leans towards happiness. What is called against in the bible is more like "don't put your hand in the fire because it will hurt you" than "don't put your hand in the fire because I will punish you".
>your fathers sin are your own.
Most pathologies/addictions are inherited.
A father who lives unskillfully will raise children who will "sin" either because the child will imitate the parent or because the child will maladjust to deal with his fathers "sinning"
>>
Thing is Jesus didn't commit a single sin, and expects you to follow in his footsteps to inherit his kingdom, because you aren't an organic 'robotoid' like your priests and pharisees tell you you are, but a spiritual being created by an all knowing and all powerful god.
Also, the bible is so much more than just a book and a guide, and some parts of it are written in parables, so you'll only get to understand them after a certain period of reflection or reconciliation.
If you are too dependent on the popular superstitions of this modern day 'civilization', you'll kinda need to overcome them too, and that's probably where most of all of our sins propagate out of.
You can always save yourself though, but it does take a lot of inner reflection and some overcoming obstacles.
>>
>>18925296

Ignore the writings of Saul of Tarsus and his cronies. He was a false prophet who taught a false Gospel and a false Christ.

Reject the entire so-called ''Old Testament'' (the Hebrew Tanakh). Jesus' Father is not the YHVH of the Old Testament. Jesus never names His Father in the Gospels, but he does name the Jews' Father.
>>
Not picking a fight or anything, but I gotta say Christianity just seems mind-numbingly stupid to me. I'm probably biased since I was raised Christian, but there's no multi-armed entities with animal heads or any of that shit, and I find it hard to extract barely a scrap of wisdom from the book. All spiritual insight comes from the followers and their incorrect interpretations of biblical happenings.
>>
>>18926563
Mainstream interpretation of Jeshua's teachings (I.E. modern organized religion) is a horrible and disfigured mutation of what he intended. I suggest looking into Neil Goddard if you're interested on a "different" and more sane take.
>>
>>18926574
Neville Goddard*
My bad.
>>
>>18925296
Christianity, while totally bogus, is better than the other prominent monotheistic religions.
The christian "trinity" can be accurately be descriptively renamed: the asshole, the hippy, and the vague good intention.
Basically, the religion is mostly a steaming pile of shit, BUT Jesus was a really great dude with vast wisdom.

Take the good, turn aside the bad.
Read the things Jesus said and try to understand why he would choose to say such things.
Ignore the rest.

example:
Jesus said the golden rule: "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you"
"you would have them do unto you as you would have them do unto you" is tautologically complete and therefore universally true, though vacuous.
Combining these things we can derive what i have heard called the platinum rule: "Do unto others as they would have you do unto them"
This is a deeper truth of moral behavior, but it is beyond the reach of most people.
It is impossible to formulaically implement as the minds of others are unknowable.
A sufficiently wise person can make it work by thinking through the perspectives of others.
However, a typical human will fail their attempts to follow the platinum rule and eventually give up in frustration..
So, the wise thing to teach people is the lesser truth of the golden rule, which serves as an excellent heuristic for the platinum one.
Those with the insight to practice it will find the deeper truth, and those without will end up usually doing the right thing without needing to understand.
>>
>>18927522
>is better

No.

Simply because you don't know about cake it doesn't mean semen covered turds are better than the other dishes.
>>
>>18925296
10. Forgiveness of Sin
89:10.1.Ancient man only attained consciousness of favor with God through sacrifice. Modern man must develop new techniques of achieving the self-consciousness of salvation. The consciousness of sin persists in the mortal mind, but the thought patterns of salvation therefrom have become outworn and antiquated. The reality of the spiritual need persists, but intellectual progress has destroyed the olden ways of securing peace and consolation for mind and soul.
89:10.2.Sin must be redefined as deliberate disloyalty to Deity. There are degrees of disloyalty: the partial loyalty of indecision; the divided loyalty of confliction; the dying loyalty of indifference; and the death of loyalty exhibited in devotion to godless ideals.
89:10.3.The sense or feeling of guilt is the consciousness of the violation of the mores; it is not necessarily sin. There is no real sin in the absence of conscious disloyalty to Deity.
>>
>>18927545
89:10.4.The possibility of the recognition of the sense of guilt is a badge of transcendent distinction for mankind. It does not mark man as mean but rather sets him apart as a creature of potential greatness and ever-ascending glory. Such a sense of unworthiness is the initial stimulus that should lead quickly and surely to those faith conquests which translate the mortal mind to the superb levels of moral nobility, cosmic insight, and spiritual living; thus are all the meanings of human existence changed from the temporal to the eternal, and all values are elevated from the human to the divine.
89:10.5.The confession of sin is a manful repudiation of disloyalty, but it in no wise mitigates the time-space consequences of such disloyalty. But confession—sincere recognition of the nature of sin—is essential to religious growth and spiritual progress.
89:10.6.The forgiveness of sin by Deity is the renewal of loyalty relations following a period of the human consciousness of the lapse of such relations as the consequence of conscious rebellion. The forgiveness does not have to be sought, only received as the consciousness of re-establishment of loyalty relations between the creature and the Creator. And all the loyal sons of God are happy, service-loving, and ever-progressive in the Paradise ascent.
>>
>>18925296
whatisconfession.png
>>
>>18927528
I claim it is better in that it holds a slightly higher ratio of true wisdom to extraneous bullshit.

Judaism holds some outdated wisdom but is full of moronic rules.
Example: pork should be avoided because of trichinosis.
Islam has a little bit of wisdom not present in Christianity, but the extraneous bullshit is in higher concentration.
Example: Mohamed's insisted that he not be worshiped as god, which Jesus failed to realize he should do so.
Discordianism holds the wisdom of not taking it's self too seriously, but is 95% joking bullshit. (though calling it prominent is a stretch)

If there are other prominent monotheistic religions i have missed, please enlighten me.
>>
>>18927564
>it holds a slightly higher ratio of true wisdom

No it doesn't, and jesus is a murderer of spirits.
>>
>>18927564
>prominent

>Truth is prominent nao :D
>>
>>18927644
i have no idea what in the world you are talking about.
please enlighten me.

when did Jesus murder a spirit?
in what manner did he do so?
how do you know this?

in addition, what other monotheistic religion holds a higher wisdom to bullshit ratio?
i am very interested in learning new things, but i request that you teach me, rather than simply stating i am wrong without providing a better answer.

>>18927650
i specified prominent and monotheistic because i do not know the details of those religions which are not currently widespread.
if you know of any obscure religions that hold great wisdom, i would be very interested in hearing about them as well.
i apologize for having structured my comment as defense of my previous point rather than as a true request for information.
i did not mean to imply that current popularity is any indication of validity; i was simply clarifying that my previous post was making no claims about things of which i am ignorant.
>>
>>18925296
If it doesnt help you find joy and reason in your life, it is just not your kind of religion/philosophical viewpoint.
Some are happy with interpreting the contradictions in the bible differently, but if it doesnt help you or makes sense to you, you need to look somewhere else.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.