[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If the Universe (and Time) are infinite, then EVERY possible

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

File: astronomy.jpg (1021KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
astronomy.jpg
1021KB, 1920x1080px
If the Universe (and Time) are infinite, then EVERY possible Universal configuration will eventually happen. If it's possible according to the Laws of Physics, then eventually given enough time it'll happen.

In some Universes there'll be Humans, in some there'll be none, in others there'll be 9-legged Donkeys with 2 heads. In some Universes you'll Marry a qt. Everything, no matter how bizzare, will happen as long as it's possible.

If this is the case, is it possible that WE are living in a Universe where "Werewolves" exist? Or Psychic Powers exist?

Is it not also possible that we've lived this EXACT life before, and that the Universe has cycled through an infinite number of You's?

>inb4 God
>>
>>18925038
is it also possible that we're living in a universe where this is as good as it gets, and it's getting worse every day?
>>
>>18925051
Yes.
>>
>>18925038
>In some Universes you'll Marry a qt
literally the only reason i care about infinite universes and realities
>>
>>18925038
>If the Universe (and Time) are infinite, then EVERY possible Universal configuration will eventually happen.
This is correct but ultimately meaningless because we have absolutely no way of determining what is possible given the laws of physics and the boundary conditions of the universe.

Saying everything that can happen will happen is very different from saying that everything one could conceive is possible will happen
>>
So many possibilites of getting maried to your crush yet you ended up in this
>>
>>18925038
Doesn't this mean there is a configuration where there are no other configurations? How does that paradox work?
>>
>>18925038
there are infinite numbers between 3 and 4 but none of them are negative.
See what I mean? Infinite variations doesn't mean every variation you can think of
>>
>>18925038
I think you would enjoy the movie Mr. Nobody
>>
there is guy, guy controlles univers, galaxys and stars. Guy destroys stars and build stars. guy is not you.
>>
File: modafinil sleep apnea drug.jpg (122KB, 1300x900px) Image search: [Google]
modafinil sleep apnea drug.jpg
122KB, 1300x900px
Consciousness is expanding all the time, new experiencers are being created all the time, we are relatively young compared to the higher dimensional beings.

There are infinite possibilities, which means they will never be, all of them, experienced. Not even with infinite time (what is time anyway). There are always new experiences being had and discovered.

You, personally, will not experience all of the experiences possible for your current "character". You are not the character itself, you are only one of it's possible experiences (and after it's death you will be someone else because you are not free from the passage of time, you can't go back or to a different dimension yet, and for a long time still)

It's possible [insert "magical" thing] exists? The whole universe is completely "magical".There are psychic powers, there are "fairytale beings" (although probably not so simple and rustic as a werewolf)

Every experience is new, you don't cycle, you discover. And you is kinda independent from the Universe, is the sense that it doesn't care so much about your specific experience, for this I have a parable: imagine you were at a cinema alone and you watched a very goood unique movie that only exists in that cinema room. You go out of the room and there is another person, you try to convince the person to watch the movie you just watched and you go and watch it again with the person making commentaries and such, showing how wonderful it is. But it is not the same experience, you don't feel the same things again, and the person didn't even like the movie as she didn't even want to be in the room at all. What you should do after watching a good movie and finding someone is to forget the movie. Is to be interested and paying attention to whats next. That's unnatachment.
>>
>>18926220
The anti-universe. OPs understanding of the many worlds interpretation is minimal.
>>
>>18925038
>In some Universes you'll Marry a qt.
No. That's just TOO bizarre, man.

9-legged Donkeys? Ok.
But that? No way this could happen in ANY universe. Some things are just too crazy to exist. I can't even imagine it. Your theory must be false.
>>
mind boggling
>>
>>18926326
I like the saying 'You don't have a soul, your soul has taken a body.'

Life on earth is a soul purification test. Can you run the gauntlet and make it through with limited corruption? Its the same race the sperm had to take place in to fertilize the egg. Each race gets harder.
>>
File: 1489943323055.gif (948KB, 262x198px) Image search: [Google]
1489943323055.gif
948KB, 262x198px
>>18925038
>>
>>18925038
>as long as it's possible
Everything is possible.
>>
>>18926238
The universe isn't contained between 3 and 4. It is contained between nothing and everything.
>>
File: 1488492426349.png (31KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1488492426349.png
31KB, 657x527px
>>18925038
>You literally are infinite because you are comprised of the infinite.

>In all that possibility I still don't have a gf
>>
>>18926238
Depends on what you define is within two and four.

We can define space and real matter that is easilly observable and set it as zero.
Setting matter in dark or exotic spacetime might be considered negative or even imaginary numbers.
There is a reason why magic sigils have complex geometrical codexes.
>>
>>18925038
Universe is not obliged to follow your representation of it tho.
Could as well be infinite and never repeat humans.
>>
I've been waiting for 2 infinities, I'm still gay tho
>>
>>18925038
The weird thing about universes is that it must be hard to travel between them, or else in one of those infinite universes someone would have found a way to travel into our universe and kill everyone in it because there are infinite possibilities of that happening every second.

But on the other hand there's infinite possibilities of that not happening, so maybe we're just one of the boring, but very safe universes.
>>
>>18926238
>>18925794
These are the only two responses of merit.

The rest of you are retarded
>>
If we are living inside great animals dream, then anything is possible. You can create things in your dream, so if we are gods dream then anything is possible.
>>
>>18925460
Eventually there will be a universe where we're all happy. Someday.
>>
>>18931811
>the rest of you are retarded

pretty sure that's the slogan for the Internet
>>
>>18930487
The universes don't need to exist in parallel. They may exist in sequence, only one at a time. However you define all that when "time" is a function of the universe.
>>
>>18925038
Its much more likely that this isn't the "first universe" ever existing. Eventually all planets and matter in the universe get swallowed into a blackhole and then becomes unstable and explodes; Bigbang, rinse repeat
>>
File: 64646463416.jpg (10KB, 233x268px) Image search: [Google]
64646463416.jpg
10KB, 233x268px
>>18926326
>tfw born in a age where everything on earth has alrdy been explored and space exploration is moot because politicians only care bout their money and keeping the masses docile aka consumerism
>tfw life couldnt be any more boring and fucking useless
why are we even alive
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.