[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you decide to worship your own interpretation of God (based

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: Mnin_king.jpg (85KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Mnin_king.jpg
85KB, 1280x720px
If you decide to worship your own interpretation of God (based on all the things you read), does God pay attention to you?

Or does the fact that you have no affiliation to any set group mean God isn't even interested?
>>
File: suffering.png (640KB, 695x479px) Image search: [Google]
suffering.png
640KB, 695x479px
>>18917215
>worshipping a supposed creator of a flawed world
right
>>
Why would God care exactly how you frame it? Wouldn't God be able to understand what you mean regardless of the system you use?
>>
>>18917215
>does God pay attention to you?

The Self expressed in each being is the state I am; Man, amongst all creatures, may know I am.

A knowledge that arises through the self observing the creation and realizing it to be a reflection of itself.

Is attention given or taken?

If given, to what and why? If taken, by what and why? Who or what gives attention and why?

The Self, as consciousness, is the source of attention to be given to something that thing must take it the giving and taking being simultaneous.

Understand?
>>
>>18917247
>understand

No actually
>>
>>18917215
In other words.

Once attention is given and taken there are two possibilities, dependent on the power of the discriminator. If the discriminator is weak, involvement will be automatic and will be such that the object will absorb consciousness so that consciousness of being is lost.

Without control over loss of being, it is as if the man is continually asleep, rarely aware of himself as the organs of mind are pulled to and throw by succeeding desires and imaginings.

If the discriminator is strong, involvement will be controlled. Either attention will be withdrawn if the continuation of attention seems inappropriate, or attention will be permitted to continue to meet the need of the situation. When the need has been mert, attention is withdrawn and the restful state of consciousness being retrieved.

This is the service that is perfect freedom because there is no frustrating bondage of "me" requiring a result of oneself.
In the undisturbed state, when attention rests, as, for example, on a natural beauty the mind is filled with awe and wonder.
>>
god is a pretty cool dude, make children dies and does not even care
>>
What happened op?
>>
also many atheits have pretty good life it seems god just does not care or more simply doesnt exist
>>
>>18917317
They still go to hell.

All you sinners do.
>>
>>18917317
>>18917325
samefag
>>
>>18917215
I think it's the ideal. Someone who's willing to investigate their religious world view on their own.
>>
>>18917326
no
>>18917325
or are we? because you sin without knowing
>>
>>18917325
god will go to hell for the sins he has made
>>
File: sweetMercy.jpg (54KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
sweetMercy.jpg
54KB, 800x450px
Things are this way for a reason. You might not like the reasons, but they are good ones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyiWkWcR86I
>>
>>18917341
Sin, Good and Bad, these are Human constructs. Nothing more. God needs both Good and Bad, Just as he needs both you and me.
>>
>>18917341
This thread wasn't about Sin anyway, its about attention, is God giving attention, if you want to talk about Sin, go make a thread on Sin. Run along.
>>
>>18917359
yeah ying and yang
god doesn't need anything as it is perfect it does not need
i kill my self, my parents will miss me, not any god
>>
>>18917372
yeah ok and god does not need attention either, ask the poor from the last 6000 years
you just fear god you fucking pussy
>>
>>18917215
You can become blessed by God if you try forcing all humans live, else your best opportunity for immortality is make your country a place where the ancients aren't wary of living at so they will share their eternal life technologies.

I want to post more but I must think much so I type anything else which is helpful. Instead I will do some typing of a California constitutional amendment.
>>
>>18917399
maybe you'll get alzheimer and forget you believe in god
>>
>>18917341
I care enough what I do, to try to avoid sin, now if I have sinned I must confess and repent.

I don't feel guilty about things I couldn't help, or that I asked for forgiveness, it's pride who leads you to sin anyway.
>>
>>18917415
by confessing you just relieves yourself of guilt and it makes you accept what you have done
it does not grant you the gates of a "heaven in the sky" it grants you a way to go on with your life and do good as you have moral values.

religion was created so people will do less shit common are you 12
>>
>>18917426
I don't think he really believes what he's saying, I mean, how could you these days, could be some liberal shill
>>
>>18917426
It's not just myself, everyone involved feels a sense of relief if you just confess your mistakes and try to act on consequence, like you are actually sorry.

It's not a deal for the heavens gate, it's to stop acting suspicious and guilty all the time around people.
>>
>>18917399
You would be interesting in real life, I would rather watch you ramble if you truly believe what you say than pay admission to a movie.

You're good for one thing anon, a laugh. Are you on any medication at all?
>>
>>18917432
i'm the link you forwarded

wat, I just smoke a whole

>>18917439
i'll make it simple for you by quoting
>it's not just myself, everyone involved feels a sense of relief if you just confess your mistakes and try to act on consequence, like you are actually sorry.
>it's to stop acting suspicious and guilty all the time around people.

and what i said
>it grants you a way to go on with your life

so same thing, and i will add confessing has nothing to do with religion
the priest is not a phone to god, if you confess to a priest it's the same with a psychologist

and aren't you the one who said sinners go to hell?
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.